1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Baked English Beans

[Archive] Red Dead Redemption 2 Rumour Mill: Leaks, Speculation...

GTA3Rockstar

http://gamerant.com/june-games-with-gold-red-dead-redemption-623/

Rumor has it, RDR will be free with Games with Gold for June.

Something big might come at E3 if this is true.

Yep. Looks like it is Red Dead that is the next game.

I am excited. I reckon they'll announce the next Red Dead and then in-addition to the announcement they'll say something like "in-addition to this, Red Dead Redemption is now free with Games with Gold."

Not precisely, they usually announce GwG for the upcoming month on the last Thursday. Which would be this Thursday, so we will know if this rumor about RDR is true sooner than E3.

Indi

http://gamerant.com/june-games-with-gold-red-dead-redemption-623/

Rumor has it, RDR will be free with Games with Gold for June.

Something big might come at E3 if this is true.

Yep. Looks like it is Red Dead that is the next game.

I am excited. I reckon they'll announce the next Red Dead and then in-addition to the announcement they'll say something like "in-addition to this, Red Dead Redemption is now free with Games with Gold."

Not precisely, they usually announce GwG for the upcoming month on the last Thursday. Which would be this Thursday, so we will know if this rumor about RDR is true sooner than E3.

Intriguing. Would be nice to have a Red Dead game.

SirGrandTheft

I really think the next game will be a new Red Dead most likely it will be announced at E3 this year then to be released in 2017 sometime. We all know something will be coming at E3 2016 but we dont know for sure what game we will really get just yet. :)

Edited by SirGrandTheft

Frantz Fuchs

Rockstar is serious about animations.

Ahmad Abdul Karim

A PhD holder in computer animation recently (FEB 2016) joined Rockstar an an animation programmer.

My PhD was a collaboration between the computer science laboratory LIRIS: SAARA Team and an Artificial Intelligence Company SpirOps based in Paris.

And it focuses on real-time procedural characters animation, more precisely AI-driven characters animation in real-time systems.

My main thesis objective is to generate all animations in real-time without any Motion Capture data.

Rockstar is definitely eager to bring life to the people of the old west. I gotta love the old saying 'living breathing world', lades and gents!

Sounds amazing. This could potentially even overtake Uncharted 4 in graphics.

Spider-Vice

Ahmad Abdul Karim

A PhD holder in computer animation recently (FEB 2016) joined Rockstar an an animation programmer.

My PhD was a collaboration between the computer science laboratory LIRIS: SAARA Team and an Artificial Intelligence Company SpirOps based in Paris.

And it focuses on real-time procedural characters animation, more precisely AI-driven characters animation in real-time systems.

My main thesis objective is to generate all animations in real-time without any Motion Capture data.

Rockstar is definitely eager to bring life to the people of the old west. I gotta love the old saying 'living breathing world', lades and gents!

Looks like he also worked on AI indeed, he seems like a great asset to Rockstar. They're probably using his technology for animations.

kBlaise

Ahmad Abdul Karim is at Rockstar North so it's unlikely he's working on Red Dead.

gtamann123

Ahmad Abdul Karim is at Rockstar North so it's unlikely he's working on Red Dead.

He could be in Edinburgh working on character animation for GTA 6.

Spider-Vice

Games don't seem to be assigned to specific studios anymore. Past few games have all been R* Studios. More workforce.

Jabalous

Yup, it's the case. Rockstar's big titles have been the result of a collaborative effort between all studios especially since last generation or post-GTA IV. As far as I know, the only instance they didn't directly refer to a particular development studio for a game is the case of Max Payne 3, which was attributed to 'Rockstar Studios' rather than a single studio. I think that the involvement between studios may vary depending on the game, which means that North would have the lion share of working on GTA and Red Dead would have San Diego as the main driving force. Each one of these two titles is then attributed to its mother studio which will serve as a symbol/signifier, or an image, of that particular studio.

By the way, Ahmad isn't the first one who I found to be working at Rockstar with a PhD/research background in physics/animations.

Edited by FiS!!HeR

Spider-Vice

Yup, it's the case. Rockstar's big titles have been the result of a collaborative effort between all studios especially since last generation or post-GTA IV. As far as I know, the only instance they didn't directly refer to a particular development studio for a game is the case of Max Payne 3, which was attributed to 'Rockstar Studios' rather than a single studio. I think that the involvement between studios may vary depending on the game, which means that North would have the lion share of working on GTA and Red Dead would have San Diego as the main driving force. Each one of these two titles is then attributed to its mother studio which will serve as a symbol/signifier, or an image, of that particular studio.

By the way, Ahmad isn't the first one who I found to be working at Rockstar with a PhD/research background in physics/animations.

GTA V wasn't directly credited as being made by Rockstar Studios, probably as North is the driving force behind GTA, but it's right next to them on the opening copyright disclaimers so they're definitely starting to use the R* Studios brand more often.

Rucke

Considering those are for R* North, it could be something else since Red Dead was developed by R* San Diego. And I think the new Red Dead map is probably pretty close to being finished already if they plan on releasing the game in the near future.

The games are so big and complex these days, they go all in and use resources across all studios during development. On GTA V R* North was the main studio, but all the other studios helped creating it. It's probably the same situation with RDR 2 only that R* San Diego is leading the development instead of North.

Edited by Rucke

Frantz Fuchs

How confusing must it be to have studios thousands of km away collaborating? Do they have skype on constantly on the tv so it's as if they're right there? How do they transfer huge amounts of data between each studio?

Sorry if I sound clueless.

Spider-Vice

They have a centralized network where everything goes through. All the assets, data, bugs, etc, are shared between studios via this big network. It's not too hard to imagine, it's just like someone in Poland accessing GTAForums' server in the UK. If you've ever used file sharing on Windows, they also have network directories for each studio, like \\rsgedi, \\rsgediqa1 (QA data server), \\rsgsd, \\rsgtor, etc. Those are real btw, but you can't see them obviously as you'd need to be in their network or at the studio.

As for communication they probably have chats and meetings.

Edited by Spider-Vice

Jabalous

It looks like that some people need to read The Benz's interview just after GTA V release:

http://www.develop-online.net/studio-profile/inside-rockstar-north-part-2-the-studio/0184061

Interesting snippet:

TAKING LIBERTIES

Good ideas and good judgement helped Rockstar North’s stature not just grow in the industry but amongst its sister teams.

In the latest generation, it has become a safety net almost for sister projects, having a huge hand in finishing Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Max Payne 3.

This has actually evolved so much, say The Benz and Semple, that now ‘production’ of each giant Rockstar game isn’t just done by one studio – but all of them working together.

“That’s the way we work now - everyone works on GTA, or Red Dead, and so on, then we move on to the next thing,” says The Benz.

“Now that it takes 1,000 people to make a game, that’s a requirement. But we don’t want 1,000 in one place.”

Is it 1,000 people making GTA V?

“It’s probably more, much more.

“And that’s because of the size of the thing, we are modelling at such a minute detail. Once upon a time the car models have four moving parts. Now there are 15 alone in a car’s retractable roof. The detail is ten, twenty times greater than GTA IV, so it takes ten, twenty times more people.

Edited by FiS!!HeR

Jabalous

I don't know about that one, but what happened to RDR leak on Xbox One? as far as I understand, the game was downloadable from Xbox Store for some time. If this is the case, then I believe it's just a matter of time before it becomes officially available as a backward compatibility offer. It would be exciting to announce this in E3 after dropping the big Red Dead 3 bomb.

ROCKSTAR MANIC

There is something definitely brewing here. Take2 better deliver.

BUT THE BENZ

I think most people here kind of knew the next big thing in R*'s pipeline would be another Red Dead game.

Right after the success of Redemption the franchise was "prompted" to permanent, Zelnick speaking of it in that way during those money reports and all that noise

When Redemption was "found to be" backwards compatible there was no doubt about it anymore. and look at R*'s backwards catalogue so far, GTA vice City, GTA San Andreas and the original Max Payne. I doubt they'll bring back Max Payne 3, what a pity, but up to Red Dead which was release in..2010? I can see them get those "remastered" versions done, kind of easily! anyhow, one could still hope for something else, BESIDES the next Red Dead title, something at least to be announced in the making.

And R* kind of always had something cooking in the oven, besides what they got on the grill at that time. Max Payne 3 had a what...5 years development cycle. clearly GTA V has already been worked on during that period. And so I guess it's the same with the next Red Dead, it has been in the making for quite some time now, at least since 2013. correct me if I'm "wrong", but in my opinion that assumption is neither far fetched nor far off the mark.

Edited by Noclue_42

Rockstar Vienna
And R* kind of always had something cooking in the oven, besides what they got on the grill at that time. Max Payne 3 had a what...5 years development cycle. clearly GTA V has already been worked on during that period. And so I guess it's the same with the next Red Dead, it has been in the making for quite some time now, at least since 2013. correct me if I'm "wrong", but in my opinion that assumption is neither far fetched nor far off the mark.

Well, I think development for a new Red Dead already started in 2012, if not earlier. Undead Nightmare was released in November 2010. And in Sptember 2011 they released the small "Myths and Mavericks" DLC. That was the last content drop for RDR. Don't think R* San Diego just helped out with GTA V till September 2013 without working on their "own" game in the meantime.

Spider-Vice

Don't forget companies can work on several projects at the same time. ^

Rockstar Vienna

Yeah, that's what i was trying to say with my last sentence.

Spider-Vice

That's what happens when I'm tired. Apologies, read it wrong. :p

Rockstar Vienna

That's what happens when I'm tired. Apologies, read it wrong. :p

No worries man!

MCMXCII

Each time I come to this thread, I get hyped as sh*t for a new Red Dead. Come on E3!

GTA3Rockstar

Maybe once Rockstar announced their sh*t, RDR will be released again.

Magic_Al

Ahmad Abdul Karim

Sounds like NaturalMotion might want to find some more customers besides Take-Two. Euphoria is only credited in games by NaturalMotion itself, Take-Two, and LucasArts. And LucasArts is closed.

Richard Power Colt

I always really liked how the euphoria engine makes every death look a bit different(although in V the NPCs kinda just fall over boringly). Wish more games actually used a system like that instead of pre-made animations that get repetitive after a while.

Baked English Beans

Alright, so after studying the supposed leaked map a little more, I've come to the following conclusions:

• If the map is a fake, it's been highly thought through and carefully put together. It looks realistic and all the names sound suitably Rockstar-ish.
  • On a related note Hanging Dog Ranch is the best name ever.
  • It also looks like Ms Piggy being f*cked in the ass by an Easter Island head, which also seems a Rockstar-y thing to do (Or its symbolism for us being f*cked over by the hype if the map turns out to be fake.)
  • I believe it will be set in the 1890s or late 1880s due to several factors:
  1. Oil Fields: Oil didn't really become big until around 1890.
  2. The small map cutout has Spanish names, which could either make it Mexico, or maybe Cuba (Or something else entirely) If it is Cuba it could suggest something involving the Spanish-American War. Butch and Sundance talked about enlisting, maybe Rockstar are going all the way.
  3. No railroad in West Elizabeth, which would suggest a setting before 1911.
  4. Also, Caravan camps, which were pretty scarce in the 20th century.
  • I also believe the map is based on the following states; Oklahoma, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Dakota, Minnesota and Montana.
  • I have hopes that the town of Valentine is based on Deadwood. It is located by a forested area (Cumberland Forest) which could stand in for the Black Hills, hell, it's even placed right below the Dakota River. If it is based on Deadwood that would also make the area surrounding it Injun Territory, which would be kewl to see.
Edited by Baked English Beans

gtamann123

If someone came out in stage at E3. Revealed the trailer for the next Red Dead. And then said that RDR remaster for XB1 and PS4 would be available that night for $19.99 I think I would have a heart attack