1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

gracjanski

After mission four iron: no update

Question

gracjanski

hello everyone

I killed the property developer and get the reward, but get no update to call anyone. So my map points only, where I am, nothing more. I cant get to Ken Rosenberg and any other NPC. So I cant do anything. I did the mission again and had the same problem. Did I miss something?

Interestingly, I get this bug all the time after leaving the golf club:

http://gtaforums.com/topic/188753-bug-list-with-solutions/

Problem 22:

Bugs occur when accelerating a vehicle - the car scrapes on the ground and is not steady. The problem may only arise periodically.

Solution: Exit Vice City fully, and load up your game again.

Alternatively: Direct Tommy to an area not nearby any cars or traffic. Now press the Windows key and resume gameplay. Once you enter a vehicle, the bug shouldn't appear. Save your game after doing this.

Alternatively: Load up a save file that doesn't have this bug or simply start a new game, and then load up the one that has it. If still no luck, keep exiting and loading your save file until the acceleration bug goes away. Remember to save when this bug is cured.

Alternatively: In an instance where the problem doesn't occur (e.g. after a fresh install at the beginning of the game), exit the game once you've confirmed the problem does not exist. Then browse to the data folder of your install directory (Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\data), and set handling.cfg and default.ide to "read only" in their file attributes (via right-click -> Properties). This seems to be a viable solution as it appears, for whatever reason, the game is writing funky values to the handling files - which holds with the theories behind the alternative solutions.

I am playing with Vice cry mod, widescrenfix, silentpatch, vc uncut and Y-Axis_Sensitivity_Fix_gta3vcsa.asi. No CLEO

Edited by gracjanski

16 answers to this question

gracjanski

haha, it works :) The problem was so easy at the end... I had the feeling there is something with Vice Cry Mod, so I read the thread

http://gtaforums.com/topic/518046-relvc-vice-cry-18/page-8

and there I learned, that there is a patch for this mod. I thought before this patch was for an earlier version but it is for 1.8 So i continue to play this great game :) today even better because of all the mods. And yes, just finished four iron mission and I can continue :)

Thank you for all the help and your time to help me

Arsen Vitiuk

What do you mean? After you complete "Four Iron" you do not get any contact points to appear on the radar?

Regardless, have you tried visiting those contact points' locations to see if the pink mission marker is there?

gracjanski

What do you mean? After you complete "Four Iron" you do not get any contact points to appear on the radar?

Regardless, have you tried visiting those contact points' locations to see if the pink mission marker is there?

1.) yes

2.) Rosenberg and Avery pink markers are not there

Lethal Vaccine

Typically you don't see problems occur when you don't use Mods. I view these Help and Support Sections often and usually the problems from people are the ones using Mods...

Arsen Vitiuk
Rosenberg and Avery pink markers are not there

Ken's mission should have been over by now. His last mission actually unlocks "Four Iron".

Regardless, as Militia mentioned, do you have any mods installed?

Or should I first ask, what platform do you play on?

gracjanski

Mods as written in first post:

I am playing with Vice cry mod, widescrenfix, silentpatch, vc uncut and Y-Axis_Sensitivity_Fix_gta3vcsa.asi. No CLEO

Playing on Win7 on a gaming laptop (Intel Core i5-3210M, NVidia GTX 660M, 8 GB Ram). My idea is to reinstall the game.

In addition I noticed something interesting, the car bug seems to be connected with VCsens / VCAM Mod. Fortunately someone uploaded the asi file of Y-axis sensitivity fix yesterday and it works.

Secondly, my last stable save file is after finishing riot. So I can go to Avery or Cortez. I played the cortez mission and after finishing I could see the next pink marker for contacting the NPC, but on the way to save the game they dissapear. I will try it again to verify it.

Tumppi90

I have widescreenfix and silentpatch so those are not the culprits..

Arsen Vitiuk

The best way I'd suggest is re-install the game then add modifications one at a time until you can figure which mod (or which combinations of mods) create the problem.

My personal advice: do not use mods.

Lethal Vaccine

http://gtaforums.com/topic/845002-snp-riot-v1-using-v2-save/

Check that out. Mods made that problem happen, so I am sure some of the Mods you are using made your problem happen, too. 99% of the time people have problems it's caused by Mods. I've read enough Topics in Help and Support Sections to see this. Either Pirated Game or Mods, every time lol...

Lethal Vaccine

Nice that you found the problem, but see? Mods. Always is the issue. I refrain from EVER using them and will NOT start to use them. I don't have a reason to use them as playing the vanilla game was, and always will be good enough for me...

gracjanski

not true: Mods make the game much better. I am alway using them. The difference is huge, not only graphicly (best example: morrowind..), but in gameplay too or controling. I even never play game short after release, I prefer to wait for all addons and patches AND interesting mods. Except for oblivion I could always play the games with mods and Vice City looks really great with the vice cry mod

Lethal Vaccine

not true: Mods make the game much better.

In your opinion, they make the game much better. Someone who's been playing III, VC, SA and the likes from 2001, 2002, 2004, etc, etc, can easily play the games vanilla and still have fun to this day. Some people can't even play the game without Mods. Like I said to many people in the past..."You're a fan of the MODS made for said GTA and not the actual Game itself." Only is given life via Mods and if that's the case, then you don't really like the game in the end.

gracjanski

funny thinking

Tumppi90

Widescreenfix and silentpatch are safe to use and I don't think they can even be classified as mods. Everyone who plays Vice City on PC should have these two.

Lethal Vaccine

funny thinking

Or you just don't have any logical thing to say back to me. I feel sorry for people who eat, sleep, breathe Mods and can't play anything without them. It's like they HAVE TO use them or there is no such thing as playing.

Edited by MetalMilitia89

Spuds725

Everyone has their own opinion-- to each his own.... no need to beat a dead horse..