2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

First memories of GTA Online

cjp620

Tell us your stories of when you first started up gta online, after the tutorial, or maybe just a little after.

I remember when picking my first car I spent nearly 45 minutes trying to find the Bravado Gauntlet, drove everywhere just trying to find one spawn.. I didn't really know how to make money so losing 2k at the time every time u died sucked. Then the 500k stimulus came and I was pumped.

• Like 5

Robbing a convenience store, getting killed by an Insurgent Pickup, talking to Chris Formage.

Edited by Shneb

yoloswag420xd

After the tutorial(which lagged out cuz of the mess the servers were in at launch), I got into a full session(after waiting for like 20 minutes and getting numerous r* servers down messages) and robbed a store. Then I proceeded to get saving failed messages, and lose my character after logging off.

I lost a character every day until October 10th, which is the one I have right now.

It was worth it for the 500k R* gave us though.

Edited by fofofofofofofofo

monkb4skunk

I got stuck in the carpark waiting for that race with Lamar for over an hour then went to bed, that was my 1St experience. gtao was a mess day 1.

After that I can remember finding a buffalo (which I still have) and moving in to that dinky garage closest to the impound lot

• Like 3

Getting mugged, that's the first thing that happened to me. That's why I'm so damn paranoid.

• Like 2

Audi_893.gif

I clearly remember being stuck in the clouds waiting my turn to be sent to a lobby after beating the intro missions. It's like it was yesterday :/

Pretty much this about 80% of the time...

X3EfEsq.jpg

holy F!!! You read minds!?!
  • Like 2

Member's Only

Snow, red v-neck, Granger.

• Like 2

M*A*R*I*N*A

I remember creating my character, and basically the whole tutorial. I kept the Tailgater as I knew it was rare, I kept it up until it was buy able.

Getting shot and killed with a pistol at the end of the store holdup tutorial by the guy I helped rob it. Went downhill from there.

The $500K stimulus was the biggest thing that happened to me after that (until the billionaire days and the hooker glitch, of course). I was able to buy the cheap-ass apartment.

Yeah I probably should have mentioned how hard it was getting on. The first few weeks I want to say was pretty rough. The clouds f*ck the clouds got them so many times. Also I still have that Bravado Gauntlet, same exact color and everything. Hasn't been altered in anyway

• Like 2

Completing a HARD (at the time) Simeon mission for $2000 then dieing 3 times in a row, losing $2k a time.

• Like 2

Loading Times is what I remember. And redoing my characters becouse of saving issues. Also remember that I won the 1st race every time I re did it.

CarimboHanky

first memories of gtao...

cloud

disconnect

cloud

disconnect

driving to the location of the tutorial race and not being able start it because the blue corona that trigger the race was not there.

paying $2000 "health bill" everytime i died.

my character getting eaten by the cloud.

early days of gtao were not pretty!

Edited by CarimboHanky
  • Like 4

The Wandering Hunter

Jet griefing

At a time when the homing launcher and heavy sniper were never seen

Started playing online in January of 2014

I remember:

Stealing and storing my first car (Bravado Gauntlet), and slowly adding vehicles to the one garage we were allotted. I did a lot of races and TDMs, and eventually bought an Entity XF to stay competitive in races (since most were ran using custom super cars).

Spending more than a day trying to find the Obey Tailgater. I found it--eventually--at the golf course.

Playing TDMs when bullet-proof helmets, invisible body parts, and combat gear did not exist. It was fantastic and I still hate BPHs with an undying passion.

Joining random jobs and not having to worry about weeding through all of the idiotic Parkour and Wall-Riding nonsense.

Seeing full lobbies in most jobs since heists were only a myth.

Getting burned out eventually with dirty racers, and fortunately finding a crew where such tactics were frowned upon. I haven't looked back, and it was the experience I have had there that has kept me playing and interested in the game for such a long period of time.

• Like 2

October 2013:

Taking my first car in front of the stripclub to take pictures with the pretty neon lights

0_0.jpg

Only to get get assaulted by two level 20 dudes in a massive pick-up truck afterwards

Then my character getting deleted soon after.

I don't even remember his face since this is the only picture I have of him before he "died"

Sometime before 2014 (October or November):

0_0.jpg

(when the underwater glitch was the sh*t)

The one and only time I got bad sport. I was in my 30's (currently 407 as of today) when I was playing with a group of friends

Back then, blowing up like 10 private cars got you put in bad sport.

0_0.jpg

In my garage near Zancudo

First thing I remember from my time in a badsport lobby:

It was surprisingly populated - maybe because I was very easy to get in\

Some high level glitcher invited me to his Eclipse apartment. I left his apartment and blew up an Adder parked in front, which drained half my bank account

I was a very passive player back then - so I spent my badsport time swimming under water and flying for hours to fill my stats.

Ohhh and I remember filling up my strength stat in minutes by punching a car with my friend in it. Then it was patched a while later and my stat was reset, forcing me to punch peds for hours in the street

Spending my $500K Stimulus on a Carbonizzer and I think an apartment in Vesspuci

December 2013:

0_0.jpg

Only the real OG's remember this during the billionaire days

Edited by REDDICE0818

universetwisters

I first remember thinking it was going to be a lot of fun.

Boy was I wrong.

• Like 5

Hybrid_Punk

Not being able to play Online due it's awful servers. I remember when you couldn't even play with friends because it would say that they haven't completed the tutorial yet even though they had. Ah, good times.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Dying and getting that scene

My first memories of this game was doing my first money glitch. I had just brought my first 2 garage apartment and immediately hated it. Saw the bike glitch on the forums and shortly after doing it I went from having a bati and Elegy to having the most expensive supers and a few SUVs.

Pure drivebys. Trying my best yo stay alive with just an uzi and smg. While people had ak's. I remember outrunning an adder with a limo. He had sticky bombs and was trying to grief me. I remember him asking...did he upgrade the limo or what?...i also remember helping a dude lose his wanted level by me landing a heli in the freeway and letting him get in. He almost died too, the swat was shooting him and me to sh*t. Last and one of the funniest moments was when i was cruising around and passed an alley where some dude was just sitting there, i thought he was idle. I turned around to see the guy had picked up a hooker and was banging her, while wearing a pig mask. I was laughing so hard, some other guy came and i took a picture of it. R* did a fantastic thing adding a camera.

Edited by Virus..

First memory I remember is literally chasing down a sabre turbo 5 blocks, and then having it in my little 2 car garage you can buy next to one of the mod shops that has a little skate park literally right next to it.

Second memory was me and a friend took turns winning the race around the prison ALOT to unlock all the upgrades for the cars.

That was an incredibly exciting time. The first day of the online just plain didn't work for me at all... I remember doing a gang attack in Los Santos and picking up an uzi... I lucked out and the first vehicle I took to the garage was the 4 door Felon, (still one of my favorites)... I robbed stores to get the 72k together (seemed like so much back then) to buy my first sh*tty apartment in the Del Perro area, and was totally happy. I remember back then everyone was crazy about Violent Duct since it gave a static 9k payout and you could do it so fast.

I wasn't even that mad when I lost my first character (got up to level 40 or so). Everything was fresh and exciting. Everyone was full of ideas for how to improve the game, thinking that it was a pipe dream, setting up crews in 2013 for Heists which we were sure were just around the corner. Actually though, most of the ideas I heard back then are in the game now, to one degree or another. It's come a long way.

Eggobites90

I thought that the first car you stole became your personal vehicle, so I braved the streets of Los Santos on foot searching for a Dominator.

I thought players might be cooperative since we were all new during the first few days. Ha.

I came across my first free roam encounter by Simeons place, and after getting shot at I took cover, only to lose a gun fight to some squeeker yelling, "Get some bitch nigga!".

• Like 3

Grand Theft Amanda

Tell us your stories of when you first started up gta online, after the tutorial, or maybe just a little after.

I remember when picking my first car I spent nearly 45 minutes trying to find the Bravado Gauntlet, drove everywhere just trying to find one spawn.. I didn't really know how to make money so losing 2k at the time every time u died sucked. Then the 500k stimulus came and I was pumped.

Same story as you except I was looking for a Dominator on October 1st 2013.

I still have that car.

My chrome Vacca.

Let me repeat that: my CHROME Vacca.

I thought I was quite the bad-ass.

*cringe*

My best early memory was shotgunning someone to death in an alley and getting 14 billion dollars as a bounty. It was around Christmas so I thought "My, Rockstar sure is being generous!"

Edited by hotrats773
  • Like 3