4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
HeyGta

Is it safe to cheat., Armor and No Wanted Level

HeyGta

Is it safe to use Armor and No Wanted Level chats in gta Vice City Stories and save?

Arsen Vitiuk

Yes, you can. Although you will permanently activate the "Warning! Cheat activated" screen when saving.

Edited by Arsen Vitiuk

gluserty

I use the money cheat after completing the mission 'To Victor, the Spoils' so I can build the High Roller businesses right away. I just don't want to wait to accumulate the cash to build up all the businesses in that fashion (I feel there's enough going on with the Empire Building and the main story to drag that part out any longer) so I bite the bullet and accept the scolding "Warning!..." message.

Lethal Vaccine

Or you do the 49.20% Starter Save and you'll have all the money you'll ever need

Fixed it for ya. ;)

Arsen Vitiuk

Fixed it for ya. ;)

Now what is that? What did you mean, 'fixed'? Both options are valid, and moreover, not excluding each other. Not all do the Starter Saves, yet some still assemble the money they need by that point. Vigilante is thought to be a relatively easy method to get the money needed, although I'd disagree. The principal problem here is that the OP is unwilling to earn money the fair way for whatever reason, which I personally believe is him being lazy. Out of all games, in VCS money is relatively easy to come by (surpassed only by GTA III and GTA LCS), and even if the Starter Save is not assembled, one principal side mission (Paramedic/Vigilante/Firefighter) is enough to earn $ 10.000+ (unless I'm slightly mistaken).

Lethal Vaccine

After completing 49.20%, I can practically instantly start taking over the 30 Empire Sites and making them all High Roller. Wait a little bit of time and the money will start rolling in through the Pager/Beeper and rack up nicely. I always finish with 5 Million or so dollars due to the money rolling in. Also Vigilante Level 15 isn't that easy, at least for me. If you take the easy way out and use the Checkpoints, maybe, but I don't do it like that. I just do Level 1 through Level 15, in the beginning, using a VCPD Wintergreen, but it took at least 6 or 7 Attempts until I finally passed it. Assembling the Starter Save or not, money isn't hard to come by. It never was and never will be. People are just lazy...

Arsen Vitiuk

After completing 49.20%, I can practically instantly start taking over the 30 Empire Sites and making them all High Roller. Wait a little bit of time and the money will start rolling in through the Pager/Beeper and rack up nicely. I always finish with 5 Million or so dollars due to the money rolling in. Also Vigilante Level 15 isn't that easy, at least for me. If you take the easy way out and use the Checkpoints, maybe, but I don't do it like that. I just do Level 1 through Level 15, in the beginning, using a VCPD Wintergreen, but it took at least 6 or 7 Attempts until I finally passed it. Assembling the Starter Save or not, money isn't hard to come by. It never was and never will be. People are just lazy...

Since you're the "Starter Save guy", just use the M249 to destroy Vigilante targets. The mission becomes easy as hell.

If you'd fail to acquire that, the AR-15 also makes this mission a piece of cake.

And yes, the 'Checkpoint' way is not for me, because that just adds more to the Mission Attempts stat. So for me, 1 to 15 is the only way.

I, however, leave taking over the businesses until after "From Zero To Hero" - since I see no point in taking over the anyway because the Robbery business is still locked. And since that one brings the largest revenue, I wait to take over the first Robbery business, then any subsequent site taken over I transform into a High-Roller Robbery business. I only leave two spots for Drugs and Smuggling businesses.

Lethal Vaccine

The M249 doesn't spawn at the Army Barracks. Only the first 4 Weapons, up to the AK-47. Not until 101 Bayshore Avenue is unlocked do all the remaining Weapons spawn in my Version...If you don't believe me, I can easily take Photos. I never make anything up...

Well, like it says in my VCS Special Vehicle Guide, I don't take anything over, either, until a certain point in the Mission cuz I get the AP Yola from Unfriendly Competition. So I see no reason to upset the Sharks while trying to push a Boat back to the Clymenus Suite. They will kill you immediately if you tried taking over all these Empires before that Mission...So I leave all 30 Empires for quite some time, usually I do all 30 Empires after Blitzkrieg Strikes Back or whatever it's called, since that particular Site can't be taken over beforehand, anyways, and I don't want 29/30. I just do all 30 in a row after said Mission.

Edited by MetalMilitia89

Arsen Vitiuk

I do believe you. I have played the game myself. There is, however, an M249 spawn point in InterGlobal studios in Prawn Island, on the catwalk of the northeasternmost studio. That's where I collected enough ammo (at about 300 will be enough).

I see you know not so much about the Empire Sites. First of all, the Sharks and Bikers operate a separate business empire. Meaning, if you are taking over ONLY Sharks' businesses, then the Bikers will not be hostile towards you. If you take over one Sharks business, one Biker business and so forth, you will also minimize the threat of the gangs retaliating. That is because taking over a Biker business will raise your respect with the Sharks, and vice versa, so keeping it on a more or less neutral level will make it possible for you to take over most of the business sites unharmed. There will still the problem with hit squads, but that is because the Sharks own more businesses, so their "hate" for you will be more than that of the Bikers. Also note that if you take over all of Sharks' sites, the Sharks' hit squads will trouble you no more, only the Bikers will come after you (or vice versa).

Also, the 30th business site is taken over in "Hostile Takeover" - which is the mission preceding "Unfriendly Competition", so there is no need to put off the take over to a point further in the game - especially if you're going for 100% and are a "completionist" type of person. However, the attacks on your businesses and the hit squads will only stop coming once you save and reload the game. Simply taking over all the business sites won't help.

Lethal Vaccine

Yeah, I just used the Heavy Laser Scope Sniper toward the end. Few rapid shots into their Vehicles set them ablaze. I got that Sniper Rifle pickup every time I took the Police Maverick back to the Army Barracks to save the game since it's right there and convenient.

Yeah, Hostile Takeover was the name, which is around Unfriendly Competition. So after getting the Yola, I just run through and do all 30 Empires in a sitting and saving when it says an Empire is under attack because those practically never stop until all 30 are taken over. As I said in countless other Topics in the VCS Section, the Empire Sites are my least favorite, running back and forth East to West, West to East just adds too much Playing Time to the game, so I just save when it happens and continue to one by one get all 30 taken over and once saved after that and reload, like you said, they are done for good...My Stats say 100% Empires Owned by Vance, 100% Successful Attacks, but 0% Defended. Like I said, I don't care to do that. Now in SA, it's different. I do all 54 Gang Wars in a sitting without saving, whilist defending them. The Sharks are too chaotic in VCS, so I don't care to do that. Total Playing Time Stat is always more important to me in these Games, so I like to see how quick I can go and it's usually around 28 Hours with Minimum Mission Attempt Stats and all 12 Special Vehicles...

Edited by MetalMilitia89

Arsen Vitiuk

Why not do it before "Unfriendly Competition" then? As I'd said already, those are relatively easy if you know the tactics. Sometimes it is a matter of luck though. In any case, saving will throw the attackers and the hit squads off - until you take over the next business.

When I first played, it took me about 7 days to get finished with taking over the business sites. But now, it is only a matter of 60-90 minutes for me. Not that I'm boasting, I was merely trying to show the way I worked it all around. And there is not a single business site I have in my game left undefended (meaning, the "Sites Successfully Defended" stat is 100%)

Lethal Vaccine

No reason, I guess. The main reason I kept doing it like that for my Saves is the Yola and in jam8tone's Video he makes note about not upsetting the Sharks or you will have a real big problem obtaining it, so once I heard that, I told myself I would always hold off on doing the Empire Sites until after Hostile Takeover with ALL 30 of the Empires are available at once.

I tried doing that a while back, but noticed I would be driving back and forth all over the map, at times with barely any time to even make it to the next Empire being attacked, at which time I said f*ck it and didn't bother with defending them. Like I explain to you of why I keep said Starter Saves (boring, mundane Side Missions over and over doesn't interest me), it's the same case in VCS, I don't feel like spending so much time defending Empires driving all over the Map and it should be clear to you now that SOME of the Stats in the Pause Menu never did, and never will interest me. Furthermore, as it should be clear, I am playing these games for the Special Vehicles since the 100% Requirements don't do it anymore for me since I played the games so many times. The only challenging aspects that are "giving me a run for my money" so to speak is collecting. These 28 Hour Total Playing Times are including Vehicles in which I pushed across the Ocean to obtain them, in which took 2 hours, etc, etc. Think how quick I would go without the Vehicles? It's the Vehicles in which make my playthroughs complicated and interest me the most. Most Stats in the Pause Menu, I don't care for and the 100% Requirements are easy so I like doing other things...

I've also made note in at least a dozen topics here the past two years that VCS is my LEAST favorite out of the 5 3D Era GTA's and the Empire Sites, believe it or not, along with the Empire Site Missions aren't all that great in my case. Even the selection of Vehicles in VCS that I can obtain are boring to me, thus only needing 3 Saves to get what I wanted and now I am done...

Edited by MetalMilitia89

Arsen Vitiuk

No reason, I guess. The main reason I kept doing it like that for my Saves is the Yola and in jam8tone's Video he makes note about not upsetting the Sharks or you will have a real big problem obtaining it, so once I heard that, I told myself I would always hold off on doing the Empire Sites until after Hostile Takeover with ALL 30 of the Empires are available at once.

How many times did jam8tone ended up wrong? You know this all too well, especially when it comes to failing the missions when you can pass them to obtain the vehicles. It seems to me that, although jam8tone is great at getting vehicles, he's not so great at the playthrough itself - I mean, why obtain a vehicle at a cost of a Mission Failure when it is not obligatory.

So he is more than wrong when it comes to the Empire Sites in VCS... Unless the PSP version is that much different from PS2, but even still, taking over all business sites is possible before this mission.

I've also made note in at least a dozen topics here the past two years that VCS is my LEAST favorite out of the 5 3D Era GTA's and the Empire Sites, believe it or not, along with the Empire Site Missions aren't all that great in my case. Even the selection of Vehicles in VCS that I can obtain are boring to me, thus only needing 3 Saves to get what I wanted and now I am done...

We don't see eye to eye on a lot of things, and this being one of them as well. Because for me, VCS is the second favorite, following close after GTA III. For me, what matters in the end is not the challenge the game presents, but the interest it provokes that makes you play it over and over - and for me, III and VCS offer that interest of replayability. I believe the choice of 'replayable' games is a matter of a person's psychological profile. No two people are exactly the same.