2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Do you still play GTA Online on the Old-Gen consoles?

jamiescfc2013

GTA Online players Old vs New   

329 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still play GTA Online on the old gen consoles?

• Yes
    • No
    • In the middle I've got it both new and old gen consoles

jamiescfc2013

As in the title does anyone still play it on the ps3 and Xbox 360? I've still got it but going to try and sell my ps3 because

obviously it's not fun any more with the no updates with R*. I do love the old gen but it's time for to be serious and play

it on my new gaming computer which work flawlessly.

Vercetti Thug

Not since last gen stopped getting updates. All my 5 year old PC needed was a better video card, and plays GTA5 fine.

PS3 is more fun, my main account is transferred but meh...

Ghost Passive is stupid.

• Like 3
Mainthreadrule.gif

jamiescfc2013

imo I prefer the PC Version makes it more real and I think it this was MADE for the pc not really on the console, not I had fun

with the old gen console. I prefer this with the first person makes me feel like I'm playing COD when I'm actually on GTA with

gangsters and **** :lol:

I made the jump back in December for my son's birthday.

Would love to have stayed on 360, if for nothing more than to continue running over players in Passive Mode.

Worth it all just for that. :)

7ZZHxCmnF0qKyLRv7TMA8g_0_0.jpg

• Like 3

Only play GTA V on PS3 for shenanigans and sometimes trophies, whereas the PC version is where I collect vehicles and listen to my own tunes with it (minus mods until I complete the Story Mode).

SkynetOnlineID

I still have my PS3. I don't play GTA online on it really anymore but I still do play other games that I haven't completed.

I wouldn't recommend selling your last gen console unless you're desperate for cash, you won't get much.

Ghost Passive is stupid.

It really is. I miss messing around with passive mode players getting in a vehicle in front of me. It was one of the main ways of finding out if they were a noob.

I play xbox one, but I went back on 360 earlier this week. Man! Not sure if it was cause of rain, or my xbox is sh*t. But the pop in was crazy. I'm talking full buildings were no where to be seen until I passed them. Can't do it.

Captain_Fluffy

Yeah i am on 360...will upgrade at some point but house renovations and other bills take priority right now. Haven't really had any issues with modders and can handle the lack of updates

I only play on 360 when my (local) friend is online. That's about the only time I'm on 360 except to get the free games.

I'm back on Ps3 atm after killing my 4th PS4 grrr

I'm sticking to the X1 but I'll never sell my 360, way too many memories on it. Yeah, I'm one of those. I played Saints Row 2 last Halloween (the zombie game mode) and Red Dead Redemption:Undead Nightmare like I do every year. I don't know when I'll pop back on the 360 to do some actual gaming other than little traditions like that but I can't bring myself to sell it. X1 is for GTA 5 and all "new" games, old gen is just to play the old stuff. Spent way too much money on it over the years that I don't even want to bother spending another dollar on games for it (old or new...which I doubt there's gonna be new games for it at this point).

I'm happy to see some people are still on old-gen AND enjoying the game. Money can be tight. Things can come up. Life gets in the way but old-gen will always be there. I'm glad those that don't have cur-gen can enjoy the game. I first thought I'd be doing car meets on the 360 AND the X1 as some friends never did make the move up to X1 but things sort of changed. Bit bummed I couldn't keep that promise of staying with old friends. Really feel like I've left some of them down just because I experienced a much "better" game and refused to downgrade again just for a car meet. Yet I have no problem taking out my PS2 and playing Need For Speed games. :/

Edited by livejoker
  • Like 4

CarimboHanky

i play on both ps3 and ps4

in my family im the only one that upgraded to ps4, so if i want to play with my kid, my bro and my nephew i have to get on the ps3.

Pißwasser Time

Hell no!!... People, if you haven't upgraded yet (to PS4/Xbox One), do it!... It is worth every penny!!!

Member's Only

Hell no!!... People, if you haven't upgraded yet (to PS4/Xbox One), do it!... It is worth every penny!!!

You forgot to add PC.

I'm gonna go kill a woman now and it will be your fault.

• Like 5

It feels like a downgrade everytime I go play GTA V on my PS3. The only purpose for it now is for getting my friends returning player content for PS4 etc.

Edited by PvTails

Pißwasser Time

You forgot to add PC.

I'm gonna go kill a woman now and it will be your fault.

The question was about consoles, lol

i don't really play on ps3, only i guess to unlock seasonal stuff. All the action is happening on PC now

xInfamousRYANx

I still have my 360 simply because the pennies selling it isnt worth it. Much rather have all my games for years to come plus i still play zombies on all the old cods

I did go get a ps3 recently just to experience console modding because i probably wont be getting a PC that I want anytime soon. But I mostly play X1 with NoDo

• Like 1

Pißwasser Time

Don't get me wrong, the PS3/Xbox 360 is still pretty sweet too :)

• Like 1

Not since last gen stopped getting updates. All my 5 year old PC needed was a better video card, and plays GTA5 fine.

Yeah, finally after almost 3 years, I put a decent graphics card in my computer this weekend, and I already had GTAV on Steam, ready to go. So for now, I'm just taking my time enjoying first person view, and slowly starting to play through SP again. :^:

Soon, I'll do the character transfer, so I can get some of the new gen treats denied to us poor last gen peasants, but I'll still keep playing my PS3 version, because I am so comfortable with the controls, and doing some occasional grinding for old times' sake. That's what made me rich :)

Nah not really. I switched to Xbox one from 360 like last year and a few months ago I got on 360 for sh*ts and giggles and it was horribleeeeeeeeeeee. So happy I upgraded when I did lmfao

HA!

no.

Jesus.. even the PS4 can't handle GTAV atm. When I was playing this game still, I was on the PC enjoying the ultimate experience I could. Absolutely love this game, but that low 20fps on the PS3 was just painful.

I mainly play on PS4, but maybe one day I'll jump in to see how's it going over on Xbox 360.

I have both PS3 and PS4, but I no longer play on PS3. I think I made the official switch to PS4 back in December of 2014. I still have friends who haven't switched to PS4, but I can't find the actual game play over there very enjoyable anymore due to the horrendous rendering issues, hackers/modders, lack of updates, and the fact that my eyes have a hard time adjusting to those choppy graphics after having played on PS4 for so long.

Honestly, it's hard to go back to previous Gen--many of my friends and crew members have tried switching back and forth, but ultimately, most of us have given up and only play on PS4.

• Like 1