Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thehambone

[WIP|LCS] GTA Liberty City Stories Save Editor

Hendrik498

Thank you, it's very kind of you trying help a fellow player in need while you're already too busy yourself trying to make save file editors for 3 games at the same time.

I don't like being impatient but, can you try to do it as soon as possible? I'm still going through the game to complete the next missions.

Edited by The Lone Spirit

_pseudoimage

Hey hambone! do you think it's possible to bring the Cheatdevice codes from the psp days, working on android? I mean all the tool really does is change an addresses value right? or maybe it's possible to use something like GameGuardian to change the addresses? I really hope it's possible cuz there are tons of awesome codes from the cheatdevice in the forums like flying cars and never falling off bike that i really miss.

a little bit off topic but you're the only one on this forum that i know of currently working on something related to LCS so i thought i'd ask.

gts.

I'm very interested on this. How progress goes?

Solidcal

Sorry to bump this. But was any progress ever made and did it ever get to having support for editing the Mobile saves?

thehambone

Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of replies and stagnation on this project.

I do still have plans to complete this project. Unfortunately, development has pretty much stopped since about September/October due to my workload at university. However, now that I'm on summer vacation, I am going to resume work on the GTA LCS Save Editor. I'm hoping to begin within the next two weeks!

Hey hambone! do you think it's possible to bring the Cheatdevice codes from the psp days, working on android? I mean all the tool really does is change an addresses value right? or maybe it's possible to use something like GameGuardian to change the addresses? I really hope it's possible cuz there are tons of awesome codes from the cheatdevice in the forums like flying cars and never falling off bike that i really miss.

a little bit off topic but you're the only one on this forum that i know of currently working on something related to LCS so i thought i'd ask.

Good question. To be honest, I'm not too familiar with the internals of the Android OS (other than that it runs a Linux kernel), so I'm not sure how easy it is to hack another process's memory like you can with CheatDevice. I'd love to see something like that working on Android though! The addresses might be a litte different, but the overall layout of the game's memory might be similar to how it is on the PSP.

Sorry to bump this. But was any progress ever made and did it ever get to having support for editing the Mobile saves?

Mobile saves are fully supported. PSP saves are not supported at all, however. PSP saves are very different from Console/Mobile saves because their data is encrypted by the PSP's OS. Once I figure out how this encryption works, I'll add PSP support. Edited by thehambone

Chindose

Is the tool still in development?

_pseudoimage

Hi wes, any updates? Can you maybe release a beta?

thehambone

Hey guys, development is currently on hold again. School is talking up too much of my free time at the moment so it's difficult to find time to work on the Editor. That being said, I do still plan to work on it when the semester's over and during breaks (one of which starts at the end of this week).

Sorry for taking so long to complete this project, everyone. It's something I REALLY want to get out there, but I'm not comfortable with how the Editor is in it's current state so I'm not going to release a beta at this time. I will keep you all updated though!

Chindose

Keep it up mate

Stallion458

Add the ability to put helicopters on the map.

Chindose

I don't know if I am the only one who is still excited about this project

thehambone

Hmm, I'm not sure if that's possible since spawn locations are controlled by the script in LCS and are not stored in the save file. You can spawn them in a garage though.

:) Edited by thehambone

Chindose

Hmm, I'm not sure if that's possible since spawn locations are controlled by the script in LCS and are not stored in the save file. You can spawn them in a garage though.

:)

How much longer do we have to wait?

Stallion458

You can spawn them in a garage though.

possibility to set the coordinates outside the garage? I've seen such save on the PSP. Edited by GTAshnik177

thehambone

You can spawn them in a garage though.

possibility to set the coordinates outside the garage? I've seen such save on the PSP.Yes I believe that is possible. I should make a button or something that puts a vehicle in a convenient place outside of the garages.

HotlineVice19603

Are there any developments regarding the 100% checklist and any plans to eventually have PSP support?

Chindose

Is the it still in development?

Hendrik498

Hey, any updates? I recently formatted my PC and forgot to back up my save files, I had just got on Shoreside Vale with all side quests done and now I don't want to do it all over again.

thehambone

Not really, unfortunately. Development has been slow because of time constraints. I'll have some more time these next few months though and plan to get some work done on the editor during that time.

Hendrik498

Damn, I was really determined to achieve 100%.

thehambone

If you want, you can send me your save and I can attempt to give you 100%. I need to figure out how to do this anyway since I want to make this possible with the editor. Might take me a few weeks, but I can do it.

Hendrik498

I appreciate your offer but I already started over and reached 100% by using some speedrunning tactics. It wasn't my goal to simply have a 100% save file but to legitimately reach 100% completion. Thanks anyway, though.

eaztbay

I know this thread is a bit old but is there any update on this?

Chindose
4 hours ago, eaztbay said:

I know this thread is a bit old but is there any update on this?

The project is dead

gts.
24 minutes ago, Chindose said:

The project is dead

If you can read a few posts above...

On 5/15/2018 at 7:14 PM, thehambone said:

Unfortunately, development has been slow because of time constraints. I'll have some more time these next few months though and plan to get some work done on the editor during that time.

thehambone

Contrary to what some believe, this project is not dead.

I'm currently finishing up school for engineering and it's been a very busy time for me. I've been making small advancements here and there, but nothing significant in the last few months. However, progress is being made.

I'll keep you guys updated.