Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,481 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

King Rossey

Worn Colors

elfoam
Posted (edited)

IHt6cVl.jpg

uHISNP8.jpg

7Jzh3di.jpg

WVNjDFI.jpg

g5pjbln.jpg

4XoLdpU.jpg

Edited by elfoam

Arms Dealer

bdA2Nom.jpg

The FMJ is worn, not the yacht sadly :pirate:

n1loRZX.jpg

THmNcIn.jpg

And a bonus, Worn Olive Army Green, which is actually Matte!

YApCplM.png

ZANTHERA
Posted (edited)

I know this may have been asked before, but how exactly does one obtain worn paint?

I too would like to know how to obtain them online, do I need a mod menu for that or can it be done with crew colours?

Okay, there seems to be come confusion about worn paints here.

To get one thing straight: there's two different types of worn. There is worn texture and official worn.

Official worn colours are obtainable in-game, but only on some specific vehicles that spawns with it. Some examples are all rusty vehicles (like the rusty Tornado, Voodoo, Injection, ect.), some NPC vehicles (like the worn yellow Dominator, worn silver Gresely, ect.), and even some specific NPC modded vehicles (like the worn Sea Wash Sabre Turbo, or worn Sea Wash Super Diamond).

More of this can be found thanks to Joonas' spreadsheet here.

Unfortunately, these colours cannot be transferred to another vehicle, even with glitching. If you see a car with another worn colour than it can spawn with (if it's an NPC vehicle), it's likely a vehicle made with a Save Editor/menu.

Though I must add that purchasing the Windsor with the Yety Mall Ninja livery in the shop will deliver it in official worn green.

Worn texture is another kind of worn. This worn texture can have its colour changed through one's Social Club Crew colour. However, this texture is 100% unobtainable without the use of Save Editor or a menu.

Generally, this texture is "confusing". It's not actually a traditional colour. What has been done to create such texture?

Well, it's actually a short answer. Using the Brushed Gold colour in Save Editor/a menu, and applying a custom R(ed G(reen) B(lue) colour on top of the gold combines the gold texture with the custom RGB colour. But why?

Here's the long answer; because the Brushed Gold texture works almost exactly like Chrome. You can apply your Crew Colour underneath Chrome, because Chrome is actually a texture. The exact same thing can be done with Brushed Gold. Brushed Gold, however has a worn texture instead of a shiny one, like Chrome. On top of that, you cannot apply your Crew Colour underneath Brushed Gold legitemately.

But thanks to this, we can manipulate the game to believe that we both have Brushed Gold and a custom RGB colour on. And as mentioned, since Brushed Gold is a texture, the gold underneath the texture can be edited, thanks to the custom RGB.

However, does this mean that we can only apply one custom RGB colour on the Worn Texture, and that's it?

Weeeell, kinda yes and no.

Thanks to an ongoing visual glitch with Crew Colours, if your vehicle in LSC supports a Secondary Colour (and if your vehicle has a custom RGB colour on as Primary), you can actually trick the game to magically change its primary RGB, as long as you select Secondary Colour -> Crew. As you're not allowed to have two custom colours on a car at the same time, the game will always try to apply the custom colour you currently have active in your Crew. Therefore, you're forcing the game to change your custom RGB Primary Colour to match your active Crew's custom RGB, which you've applied to your Secondary colour.

And since you have both a custom RGB underneath the Brushed Gold texture, the texture will stay on the vehicle, but change its colour.

If your car doesn't have a Secondary colour option, you're out of luck.

PHEW, that was long to explain. You're brobably more confused than you should've been, but I'll make a drawing about this soon, lol.

This is explained in an extremely confusing way, there is only one Worn texture and no "official" or anything else of the sort.

The Worn colors on rusty cars are the exact same colors that can spawn on clean vehicles, and with the use of a save editor can be applied to cars which usually do not have a Worn color in their spawn cycle. I personally have many cars in Worn Dark Red that cannot be changed with the crew color.

This trick you speak of is very odd too, you cannot change your crew color over Brushed Gold, you can only change it without affecting the texture on Chrome. It sounds like you're talking about the ability to change the RGB on the primary by changing the secondary, which is a method that is commonly used on cars where the secondary is not a prominent part of the cars paint scheme, such as the Dukes, Buccaneer and Slamvan Custom.

The game will allow a crew color on both the primary and secondary, but it will not let you have two different RBG combinations on each. If you paint the primary a crew color with the secondary a crew color also it will automatically change the secondary to the new primary RGB, it works the other way around. This is what is done with the cars that have the trim as the secondary making it so we can change the secondary to whatever RGB we want, which then changes the primary without affecting the texture, and then change the secondary to regular chrome.

The Worn colors obtained in the race glitches act the same way as crew colors over worn, so if you want to change the primary of a race glitch car you have to change the secondary to crew which erases the texture from the race. You can only keep two worn colors on a car if it was made that way in a menu or save editor, same goes with every other texture.

Edited by ZANTHERA

Panos Vl
Posted (edited)

im5i8n.jpg

rifez5.jpg

15qx83s.jpg

Edited by Panos Vl

whywontyoulisten

That copper colour on the Comet is lush. Not so sure about the clipping Rod Me Ups though!

Panos Vl

thanks i guess... :p

l-800-KILLZ

I7k4jxd.jpg

That Faction kills.

TommyTightShoes
Posted (edited)

2mhww76.jpg

2wgx1ds.jpg

2v9dimf.jpg

v5akvk.jpg

1zgqh4i.jpg

33w1vsl.jpg

Edited by TommyTightShoes

TommyTightShoes

maut92.jpg

l-800-KILLZ

🖕

Whatta coincidence, my Gang Burrito was also seawash and chrome

elfoam

Very common since you can recolour any worn Burrito like that

TommyTightShoes
Posted (edited)

it's not seawash but a very similar crew colour and it's brushed black steel but yeah I like it

Very common since you can recolour any worn Burrito like that

how can you ? Surely you only can if its a crew colour not if its an in game worn colour Edited by TommyTightShoes