Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,674 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

King Rossey

Worn Colors

lexustt

My first character is entirely filled with worn colors so I wont link all of them lol but here you go

p2aEftv.jpg

SkNGkIl.jpg

3cWcwLu.jpg

SMNDDZ2.jpg

BTOCPwj.jpg

Panos Vl

30c9bub.jpgrt0vbn.jpg2w2kapx.jpg

Cutter De Blanc

Not quite glossy, huh? Kind of looks like matte with a pearlescent. Can we only do this paint on PC?

Panos Vl

yes through a mod menu or if you have a car with a worn texture already do the pc trick to get a crew color on top of it

GodAllMarley
Posted (edited)

Worn doesn't look anything like matte, atleast not through my eyes, but I'm an art major, so I see differently, worn looks more velvety then matte, matte looks chalky to me.

Edited by GodAllMarley

Fozzie
Posted (edited)

Few more...

LdrN7RL.jpg

IcHSt4X.jpg

WHuVXgc.jpg

9J1VKGz.jpg

wdv2YxR.jpg

phM4TTN.jpg

LPmX6BQ.jpg

Primary only. Secondary is Pure Gold base but same HEX.

14Imvyv.jpg

i1DQkXn.jpg

Edited by Fozzie

lexustt

A few more

znoYc5E.jpg

iqN0Hzl.jpg

eVEWfhX.jpg

0Fp6ZGZ.jpg

3yMcMef.jpg

GodAllMarley

Very nice slamvan man

-KM-

Exactly why aren't we allowed to just buy worn & matte colours in LSC R*? Same goes for the other 'unobtainable' paints, like pea green, slate blue & baby blue (Epsilon vehicles colour)

For anyone who's interested, you can somewhat replicate the worn effect by using a dark matte with a silver/white pearl. It's not the same but it's pretty close. Looks great on military vehicles & planes, but of course you can't do it in the MOC/hangar anymore since they've patched matte +pearl :angry:

TXqtJqT.jpg

Forza Harrd

I'm not sure if I have it or not. I joined a Worn Dark Red crew and it seems to be worn on cars that allow worn texture and shiny on the rest. To be honest I'm not sure if it's worn on any of my cars so far.

This is the only one I took pictures of and the lighting makes it look different.

LZhPQH2.jpg

yjFdDSx.jpg

SickBoy

I'm not sure if I have it or not. I joined a Worn Dark Red crew and it seems to be worn on cars that allow worn texture and shiny on the rest. To be honest I'm not sure if it's worn on any of my cars so far.

This is the only one I took pictures of and the lighting makes it look different.

-snip-

That's not Worn at all, you have the hex for the in game colour "Worn Dark Red" but that doesn't apply the Worn texture to vehicles, only the same shade of red. There is no way, without glitches on PC or save editing on Consoles, to acquire crew coloured Worn textured PV's.

lexustt
Posted (edited)

Keeping the thread alive

xGquDEV.jpg

44MEqIO.jpg

60BO7uR.jpg

QLNK9Oc.jpg

FnhJ4ZP.jpg

Edited by lexustt

l-800-KILLZ
Posted (edited)

fjWd4l5.png

this may be helpful to some

Edited by l-800-KILLZ

l-800-KILLZ

worn baby blue

DlmjHQc.png

UffUv1k.png

4VRoNGB.png

lexustt

ZobRq06.jpg

uCSH1vD.jpg

I7k4jxd.jpg

dFa4aHv.jpg

2rKM3eB.jpg

No Use For A Name

Omg that Tornado is gorgeous. Is there any way to get that through a GCTF glitch or something ?

elfoam

Omg that Tornado is gorgeous. Is there any way to get that through a GCTF glitch or something ?

yes

deadx23

UUAbCYW.jpg

naKpAUv.jpg

9Pzm1Y4.jpg

SomeComfyGuy

I know this may have been asked before, but how exactly does one obtain worn paint?

Sajanas3000
Posted (edited)

Keeping the thread alive

xGquDEV.jpg

Is it possible to have a wheels like in this picture (Vapid FMJ) w/o using mod menu?

Edited by lil weasel

Hegedus.Roberto

So it¡s just matte+pearlescent and you guys are trying hard confusing people or what?

And yes, you CAN BUY IT, just need the lsc menus minor glitch.

I was really confused ever since this thread appeared, but today I did some testing and I think I get what the true difference is between Matte and Worn.

As you can see on the image below. Worn paint while appears to be the same as Matte for the most part, has one small aspect that makes it different. It reflects more light, that way makes pearlescent color more visible. I have tested it on many colors and checked from every angle, Worn paint's Dew Yellow pearl always appears to be brighter.

u0TmP5V.png

l-800-KILLZ

worn

deadx23

Lw0zbbd.jpg

Uh1EAzv.jpg

lexustt

epL8hQh.jpg​

QYYh4fs.jpg

O02rt0v.jpg

uAuq26B.jpg​

WTEACXu.jpg

kovaandr

I know this may have been asked before, but how exactly does one obtain worn paint?

I too would like to know how to obtain them online, do I need a mod menu for that or can it be done with crew colours?

deadx23
Posted (edited)

I too would like to know how to obtain them online, do I need a mod menu for that or can it be done with crew colours?

you need a mod menu or duplicate (glitch) a already worn car from Friends whenever a gctf glitch is available,

On rare occasions sometimes their is a race glitch when you can glitch a worn color car to your garage.

Edited by deadx23

Classique
Posted (edited)

Okay, there seems to be come confusion about worn paints here.

To get one thing straight: there's two different types of worn. There is worn texture and official worn.

Official worn colours are obtainable in-game, but only on some specific vehicles that spawns with it. Some examples are all rusty vehicles (like the rusty Tornado, Voodoo, Injection, ect.), some NPC vehicles (like the worn yellow Dominator, worn silver Gresely, ect.), and even some specific NPC modded vehicles (like the worn Sea Wash Sabre Turbo, or worn Sea Wash Super Diamond).

More of this can be found thanks to Joonas' spreadsheet here.

Unfortunately, these colours cannot be transferred to another vehicle, even with glitching. If you see a car with another worn colour than it can spawn with (if it's an NPC vehicle), it's likely a vehicle made with a Save Editor/menu.

Though I must add that purchasing the Windsor with the Yety Mall Ninja livery in the shop will deliver it in official worn green.

Worn texture is another kind of worn. This worn texture can have its colour changed through one's Social Club Crew colour. However, this texture is 100% unobtainable without the use of Save Editor or a menu.

Generally, this texture is "confusing". It's not actually a traditional colour. What has been done to create such texture?

Well, it's actually a short answer. Using the Brushed Gold colour in Save Editor/a menu, and applying a custom R(ed G(reen) B(lue) colour on top of the gold combines the gold texture with the custom RGB colour. But why?

Here's the long answer; because the Brushed Gold texture works almost exactly like Chrome. You can apply your Crew Colour underneath Chrome, because Chrome is actually a texture. The exact same thing can be done with Brushed Gold. Brushed Gold, however has a worn texture instead of a shiny one, like Chrome. On top of that, you cannot apply your Crew Colour underneath Brushed Gold legitemately.

But thanks to this, we can manipulate the game to believe that we both have Brushed Gold and a custom RGB colour on. And as mentioned, since Brushed Gold is a texture, the gold underneath the texture can be edited, thanks to the custom RGB.

However, does this mean that we can only apply one custom RGB colour on the Worn Texture, and that's it?

Weeeell, kinda yes and no.

Thanks to an ongoing visual glitch with Crew Colours, if your vehicle in LSC supports a Secondary Colour (and if your vehicle has a custom RGB colour on as Primary), you can actually trick the game to magically change its primary RGB, as long as you select Secondary Colour -> Crew. As you're not allowed to have two custom colours on a car at the same time, the game will always try to apply the custom colour you currently have active in your Crew. Therefore, you're forcing the game to change your custom RGB Primary Colour to match your active Crew's custom RGB, which you've applied to your Secondary colour.

And since you have both a custom RGB underneath the Brushed Gold texture, the texture will stay on the vehicle, but change its colour.

If your car doesn't have a Secondary colour option, you're out of luck.

PHEW, that was long to explain. You're brobably more confused than you should've been, but I'll make a drawing about this soon, lol.

Edited by Classique

Gorn Lord
Posted (edited)

Worn texture is another kind of worn. This worn texture can have its colour changed through one's Social Club Crew colour. However, this texture is 100% unobtainable without the use of Save Editor or a menu.

This texture is 100% obtainable through race glitches that let you access your garage or allow you to bring cars out of races. It's been a long time since one of these glitches has been available, but it's still how a lot of console people ended up with worn cars.

Edited by Gorn Lord

Classique

This texture is 100% obtainable through race glitches that let you access your garage or allow you to bring cars out of races. It's been a long time since one of these glitches has been available, but it's still how a lot of console people ended up with worn cars.

That is indeed true, but I couldn't really bother to add that in, as... well... you can't obtain a Race vehicle anymore, lol.

But man, what I wouldn't do to get that glitch back again...

elfoam

Still works on PS3 :)