Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,253 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

King Rossey

Worn Colors

Fozzie

Arms Dealer is the Stephen Hawking of GTA Paints

wagon92x

Also the fact that most of these colours on different cars can only be obtained via modding...nahh lad

well the thread changed to show worn colors so yea...

Yea, this thread was more fun before it turned into a modder's showcase. Takes away from the appeal of finding the worn colors IMO, but to each his own. Maybe if I get bored I'll post pictures of my natural worn cars.

deadx23

Also the fact that most of these colours on different cars can only be obtained via modding...nahh lad

well the thread changed to show worn colors so yea...
Yea, this thread was more fun before it turned into a modder's showcase. Takes away from the appeal of finding the worn colors IMO, but to each his own. Maybe if I get bored I'll post pictures of my natural worn cars.well there's a thread for finding rare cars and/or colors and it's a great thread with alot of worn info on finding some

o_Marvelous

Worn doesn't do it for me. At all.

wagon92x

well there's a thread for finding rare cars and/or colors and it's a great thread with alot of worn info on finding some

Indeed there is, I post in it on a nearly daily basis. :D

..GhosT

Sooo.. how does one obtain these colors without cheating?

Fozzie

Sooo.. how does one obtain these colors without cheating?

Open a thread that Troll Cruise posted in and laugh your balls off, lose all morals and fire up the mod menu..

GSTACK

The worn colors actually looks nice in my opinion. it gives the cars a more classic and genuine look especially on the luxury vehicles. i wish their was an option for this in Los Santos Customs.

Nacho Z

I like the idea of worn paint but it looks very close to matte and I don't like matte paint.

GSTACK

sorry double post here

Edited by GSTACK

Member's Only

zwCgCuu.jpg

wbWTDHb.jpg

7wOLMM7.jpg

Halal Cyborg

I like the idea of worn paint but it looks very close to matte and I don't like matte paint.

Have to agree

ZANTHERA

As far as I know I may have reignited the original Worn popularity after finding my Worn Dark Red Dukes last April and starting my thread on the basis of these unobtainable colors and unique Crew colors.

Arms Dealer and a few others have written pretty much exactly what I have been describing Worn colors as all this time. It's one of the nine paint types in the game, Chrome, Epsilon, Classic, Utility, Worn, Matte, Brushed Metal, Brushed Gold, Pure Gold.

Worn colors as its name may suggest mostly spawn on Rusty cars to give their paint a Worn down effect. Most Rusty cars will spawn in Worn color though there are few that spawn with Matte colors and even a rare Voodoo that spawns in Metallic Sandy Brown. Strangely enough though there are some Worn colors that will mostly spawn on clean cars raher than Rusty ones such as the color I've gotten know for using heavily being Worn Dark Red. It spawns on the Dukes, Peyote, Sadler, Rancher, Phoenix (Secondary only), Roosevelt, and Stallion.

The hype for Worn grew more with people trying to find the Worn Sea Wash Tornado in the hopes that when it's released as a Benny's vehicle it can be restored into a lowrider whilst retaining the unobtainable paint. Which is really what it comes down to, all of the rare collectors desire them because they are scarce and can only be found legitimately on few cars and have to be modded onto others.

It's a shame Rockstar hides this category of paint really, there are 25 Worn colors which is more than enough for a simple list to be made in L.S.C. so we can then paint our cars with them, but until this time we are stuck with modding the ones in that are totally unobtainable, which me and a few other Worn collectors pride ourselves in owning the most of.

Edited by ZANTHERA

Arms Dealer

As far as I know I may have reignited the original Worn popularity after finding my Worn Dark Red Dukes last April and starting my thread on the basis of these unobtainable colors and unique Crew colors.

Arms Dealer and a few others have written pretty much exactly what I have been describing Worn colors as all this time. It's one of the nine paint types in the game, Chrome, Epsilon, Classic, Utility, Worn, Matte, Brushed Metal, Brushed Gold, Pure Gold.

Worn colors as its name may suggest mostly spawn on Rusty cars to give their paint a Worn down effect. Most Rusty cars will spawn in Worn color though there are few that spawn with Matte colors and even a rare Voodoo that spawns in Metallic Sandy Brown. Strangely enough though there are some Worn colors that will mostly spawn on clean cars raher than Rusty ones such as the color I've gotten know for using heavily being Worn Dark Red. It spawns on the Dukes, Peyote, Sadler, Rancher, Phoenix (Secondary only), Roosevelt, and Stallion.

The hype for Worn grew more with people trying to find the Worn Sea Wash Tornado in the hopes that when it's released as a Benny's vehicle it can be restored into a lowrider whilst retaining the unobtainable paint. Which is really what it comes down to, all of the rare collectors desire them because they are scarce and can only be found legitimately on few cars and have to be modded onto others.

It's a shame Rockstar hides this category of paint really, there are 25 Worn colors which is more than enough for a simple list to be made in L.S.C. so we can then paint our cars with them, but until this time we are stuck with modding the ones in that are totally unobtainable, which me and a few other Worn collectors pride ourselves in owning the most of.

Hey :r*: , free money-making idea: first fix crew colors, then let us buy crew textures just like we do with crew color. If Pure Gold is already $50,000, imagine how much they could charge us for Rose Gold, Black Gold, White Gold, etc. It's already in the game and people would go nuts for custom crew textures! The Worn paints look amazing on the rusted Slamvan liveries! :santa:

vgqIJve.jpg

Edited by Arms Dealer

elfoam

Its quite different to a traditional matte. In game worn looks almost exactly like the futuristic "matte" paint the 2016 Redbull and 2016 Team Renault F1 cars are running. Best looking race cars Ive seen in years. Ive been collecting the worn paints for ages. I have a couple of cars without worn paint but the vast majority are worn.

24e9f9y.jpg

Edited by elfoam

Member's Only

Devs's Fool's Gold in Worn

SBLiUYv.jpg

sRNhGko.jpg

Y2zRczd.jpg

Nacho Z

Its quite different to a traditional matte. In game worn looks almost exactly like the futuristic "matte" paint the 2016 Redbull and 2016 Team Renault F1 cars are running. Best looking race cars Ive seen in years. Ive been collecting the worn paints for ages. I have a couple of cars without worn paint but the vast majority are worn.

24e9f9y.jpg

I can see there is a difference and it's more attractive than matte, it's just that I really don't like matte paint, only on rare occasions anyway.

Your Dukes and GradeA-Hole's Baller do look superb though. As do a few others in this thread.

iddqdvie

i dont wanna start a fight or something but i dont think a shiny pearl effect has anything to do with a "worn color". dont get me wrong, it seems to be a nice effect and kind of simulates the idea of a worn color. but it shouldnt shine.it should look old and used.

elfoam

i dont wanna start a fight or something but i dont think a shiny pearl effect has anything to do with a "worn color". dont get me wrong, it seems to be a nice effect and kind of simulates the idea of a worn color. but it shouldnt shine.it should look old and used.

Add some rust texture and its spot on. Get Armsdealer for a close up of his slamvan. Pretty much all the rusty car in the game use worn. Hence the voodoos 2q8de9h.jpg

Edited by elfoam

deadx23

gT7a-skuP0iP-eUXXhxu8A_0_0.jpg

ZeuDiBwcWkmkX1oK3MKN0A_0_0.jpg

yfi5vkn9AUOmQEGMbqZ0xg_0_0.jpg

PgvkL2xDvEmYLn_vxfH52A_0_0.jpg

xuTaNVduN0uErAe7ebkyhw_0_0.jpg

NateAssassin

Worn is such an overrated paint, and no I don't use chrome paint or matte (Only have chrome as a secondary on the Buccaneer Custom and Casco, and matte on my Rusty Rebel and Slamvan Custom)

Worn paint w/o pearl looks like someone rattlecanned the car, especially when it's black or white. Yuck.

update_lsc

I love worn. If only it was buyable at lsc. Worn dark red masterrace.

JON22

So basically worn is like matte, with pearl but a gloss finish. That blue sultan looks like it has blue pearl, then that glossy finish. Looks nice.

This is why I hate this game sometimes. R* keeps the nice things for themselves.

Jenkiiii

This thread has become really confusing. I've seen dozens of pictures of worn paint jobs with pearlescent sheen, which look exactly like matte with pearlescent. I visibly I can't see any difference, so let me explain how to easily achieve a worn colour effect for any car/colour you like at Los Santos customs:

THE MATTE + PEARLESCENT GLITCH EXPLAINED (looks like worn).

> Go to Respray, choose Matte (any colour) and then go back to the list of respray styles.

(your car is now matte)

> Go to Metallic, but don't choose or click on anything. Back out of this menu and into the list of respray styles.

(your car is still matte).

> Back out of the Repray menu altogether and go to 'Plates', the nearest menu on the list.

> Click any option, or click between already paid-for options (costs nothing).

> Back out of Plates and go back into Respray.

(your car is still matte)

> Go down to Pearlescent. The menu of 70+ pearlescent colours will now be available on top of your existing matte finish.

To get a nice worn variant choose silvers or whites, even beiges or browns, depending on how 'worn' you want the car to look. Just play around with it.

BTW, this doesn't work for my second character, only my first. I've got no explanation for that.

Shaundi.

I like what I'm seeing in this thread. This type of paint would suit My T20 & V12 Schafter. Can these paints HEX be put through SC?

JRebbert512

I like what I'm seeing in this thread. This type of paint would suit My T20 & V12 Schafter. Can these paints HEX be put through SC?

No. The colors (for the most part) are the same as their glossier counterparts. The difference is in the reflectivity of the finish, not the actual color.

ZANTHERA

This thread has become really confusing. I've seen dozens of pictures of worn paint jobs with pearlescent sheen, which look exactly like matte with pearlescent. I visibly I can't see any difference, so let me explain how to easily achieve a worn colour effect for any car/colour you like at Los Santos customs:

> Go to Respray, choose Matte (any colour) and then go back to the list of respray styles.

(your car is now matte)

> Go to Metallic, but don't choose or click on anything. Back out of this menu and into the list of respray styles.

> Back out of the Repray menu altogether and go to 'Plates', the nearest menu on the list.

> Go down to Pearlescent. The menu of 70+ pearlescent colours will now be available on top of your existing matte finish.

To get a nice worn variant choose silvers or whites, even beiges or browns, depending on how 'worn' you want the car to look. Just play around with it.

BTW, this doesn't work for my second character, only my first. I've got no explanation for that.

Worn and Matte are very different, you need to look at them in decent light in game and be able to look all around the car, here are two pictures taken during the car selection in a race to show the very obvious difference between the two.

Matte

rVWSZBh.png

Worn

CMBRgqP.png

As you can see there is a very noticeable difference, Matte does not reflect any light where as Worn does, also quick fact, when Worn gets wet you can see the details on signs and buildings but the reflection is very blurry.

JRebbert512

(your car is now matte)

This is not how the worn effect is created. Just because you can't see a difference in a photo, doesn't mean there is no difference.

That being said, some pearlescents on some worn colors can look very similar to how they look on matte colors. This is more a function of the pearlescent than the underlying color. If you look at any worn color with no pearlescent (aka with black pearlescent), and compare to the same matte color again with no pearlescent, you will see a difference.

Putting pearlescent on matte produces a nice effect in its own right, but it is not the same as worn paint.

JRebbert512

The ability to buy worn paints, and utility paints, and the hidden pearlescents—all the colors that Rockstar can use but that we don't have access to—is one of several things I specifically refer to in my open letter to Rockstar to remove many of GTA's limitations. If you want to have access to worn paints or anything else, please add a like to my post (link in signature, it's a "popular" post, and Rockstar is aware of it—the post here is just a copy of what I sent them, but they know about it here and can see how many likes it has), and then send a suggestion to Rockstar. Are they going to change anything just because you ask for it? No. But if a bunch of people ask for it? Who knows...maybe. It doesn't hurt to try, so why not try?

Jenkiiii

I just don't get it.

If you use the method I explained, you can choose colours from the list of 70+ that give hardly any shine. The pictures posted above use a bright white pearl on matte, so it hardly looks worn at all.

Find a colour in between. There are dozens of silvers, grey and browns that give hardly any sheen.