Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,693 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

King Rossey

Worn Colors

King Rossey

I keep hearing about all these rare worn colored or washed colored cars spawning in GTAO and I've seen pictures but to be honest I don't have a clue what I'm looking at, anyone care to explain?

- Ballistics -

Worn is the rusty variant of vehicles such as Rebels. They are rare to come by.

deadx23

It looks like matte with a high gloss shine to it

A2sudle0i0CT79k35MO3ZQ_0_0.jpg

Worn Orange with worn taxi yellow pearl

6mw57ZL7VUmEYB2opNSwhw_0_0.jpg

Edited by deadx23

Tails Prower

The term is difficult to explain but basically it's an effect on the paint which gives the overall appearance of the car a "worn" look.

Normally Classic and Metallic Paint cars have a reflective shine to the paint when in sunlight conditions which you do not get with a car which has the worn

paint texture and as a result it makes a sharp/smarter looking car overall.

Mostly they appear with the rusty cars in game but the term is basically a category of paint which is not available to the player from Los Santos Customs

or Benny's, there are many examples of cars which spawn with this in game and also many of the Metallic paint options in LSC apply a worn effect to the

car as well.

whywontyoulisten

Worn is the rusty variant of vehicles such as Rebels. They are rare to come by.

Wrong. It's a paint texture somewhere between glossy and matte. It reflects, but diffuses light, so doesn't have the mirror shine of a classic paint job. You can't buy it as a primary/secondary in LSC, although some metallic colours will have a worn pearlescent as default.

Edit: Corrected LSC information; I forgot about the pearls.

Edited by whywontyoulisten

Kushology

Zanthera should put his explanation in his thread.

Worn is like a Satin finish and reflects less light than Matte although in some light, Matte's mistaken for Worn or vice versa. (If I remember correctly..probably not)

Edited by Kushology

HeavyDuke

This is a worn collor.

IVzYU4oGOUqdFsFSgA5pVw_0_0.jpg

yC6beJFFYEqK-NVA-m06EQ_0_0.jpg

36Eh1wXfWUqLFb2vze-inA_0_0.jpg

sxzOoV8rQUewFaltYiJG7A_0_0.jpg

This is regular glossy:

oOwGdSOAu0y5e5Yuscyomg_0_0.jpg

h3VZYX9LGEqfCNlt7qYgAw_0_0.jpg

More worn:

JMmTwCorjE2NF9hvLBsG4w_0_0.jpg
TMq9BWFnT0mN0ZPYwI7bPw_0_0.jpg
68npFZGubUa6zGTA-Gv_sg_0_0.jpg
-43h8nBse0mDfv3XkeA5EQ_0_0.jpg
XOnIEfDhbUiqqtpgdioKjQ_0_0.jpg
LbGItBhQWUeTNugkKMHNjQ_0_0.jpg
PfKNe0_H50aTSciIvt9PRg_0_0.jpg
0yAFU6wVhUCB8bsU5-oAzQ_0_0.jpg
mukRm7IF6UKOKLfyY8NKsw_0_0.jpg

And some more, also notice the pure black rims, way blacker then LSC black.

amj0BycR20KrrrDmoBDapw_0_0.jpg

noqIITquu0--icMJ0HvOPQ_0_0.jpg

Big Black Cockpit.

2likgt1.jpg

Edited by HeavyDuke

Imponte

So it¡s just matte+pearlescent and you guys are trying hard confusing people or what?

And yes, you CAN BUY IT, just need the lsc menus minor glitch.

Edited by Imponte

deadx23

So it¡s just matte+pearlescent and you guys are trying hard confusing people or what?

nope not matte at all here is one with out a pearl

Edit: nvm it has utility bright red pearl, but you can see the shine on the finish that is not related to the pearl

atyUylUUnEyWLwuQ0id7YQ_0_0.jpg

And no you can not buy it and no glitch works as of now of course

Edited by deadx23

Pat

also many of the Metallic paint options in LSC apply a worn effect to the

car as well.

This is not true at all, I'm not sure where you heard this but there are no Worn paints available in LSC.

Anyway, Worn is one of the paint types in the game, which are as follows: Classic, Utility, Worn, Matte, Brushed Metals, Pure Gold, Epsilon, and Chrome. Classic is the most reflective normal type and is used for the majority of Classic and Metallic paints in LSC (no, Metallic is not a separate paint type, it merely adds a pearlescent). Utility is similar to Classic, but more dull, which is most noticeable when reflecting light; this is the paint type used for crew colors, as well as some of the darker LSC colors (Black, Wine Red, Midnight Blue, a few others). Worn is similar to Matte, with more of a satin smooth finish, and it reflects more light than matte. Matte and the brushed metals are obvious enough. Pure Gold is to Chrome like Worn is to Matte; Pure Gold shows more color when used as a base for crew colors (only possible on PC and save editors on LG), but is similar to using Chrome as a base in that the colors will be washed out in shade. Epsilon is kind of halfway between Classic and Pure Gold, it's very reflective but the colors don't get washed out in different lighting. This is by far the rarest paint type, used only once in the vanilla game by the Epsilon blue Tailgater in Michael's missions.

Edited by Pat

Tails Prower

car as well.

This is not true at all, I'm not sure where you heard this but there are no Worn paints available in LSC.

You are obviously not a reader of the NPC vehicles thread, JoonasPKL very recently posted all of the colour documents for vehicles in GTA V/Online and in the list of

Metallic paints it very clearly states which have worn pearls, you will never see this information in LSC game but this is why some of the Metallic paints do not list a colour

when you go into the pearl section as it is applying the worn colour which is not listed.

Here is the link to document I have been reading:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B67eFTZ-MjPoOTh0Q3czZnFKZWc&usp=sharing#grid

Edited by tails_prower_2040

Pat

car as well.

You are obviously not a reader of the NPC vehicles thread, JoonasPKL very recently posted all of the colour documents for vehicles in GTA V/Online and in the list of

Metallic paints it very clearly states which have worn pearls, you will never see this information in LSC game but this is why some of the Metallic paints do not list a colour

when you go into the pearl section as it is applying the worn colour which is not listed.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B67eFTZ-MjPoOTh0Q3czZnFKZWc&usp=sharing#grid

You didn't say they add a Worn pearlescent, you said they add a Worn effect, which implies adding the Worn paint type to your vehicle. The only difference in a Worn pearlescent is the shade of color; besides that, it is no different from any other pearlescent.

Tails Prower

car as well.

You didn't say they add a Worn pearlescent, you said they add a Worn effect, which implies adding the Worn paint type to your vehicle. The only difference in a Worn pearlescent is the shade of color; besides that, it is no different from any other pearlescent.

Well to me it creates a worn effect, you have a different view, I feel there is quite a bit of difference that's my thoughts.

Mattoropael

car as well.

Well to me it creates a worn effect, you have a different view, I feel there is quite a bit of difference that's my thoughts.

"Worn paint" in the context of GTAV/O refers to the paint finish that is normally unavailable through LSC, as demonstrated by deadx23 and HeavyDuke.

You can insist calling something else worn paint, but it's like insisting pyrite is real gold.

WHAT!?

Worn and Matte are completely different finishes, and I have yet to see a metallic pearl available at LSC that applies the worn effect. The only way I have ever achieved a custom worn color is by stealing a vehicle that happened to spawn with the worn color and then using the crew color glitch to change that colors shade and hue.

Matte paints are a finish that was always intended to be "flat" no shine.

The idea behind the worn paints is that the car at one time had a high gloss "classic" or "metallic" paint finish, and over time that finish became worn down to near flat because of exposure to the elements. Such as years of sunlight exposure in the desert. Which is why the worn finish is most commonly found on the old rusty cars that inhabit the game world.

You can clearly see the difference here.

(video belongs to JRebbert512)

Sencha

No good answers here yet OP.

Fozzie

These are all the Worn colour's that are in the game files

22891905485_c588f0838f_o.jpg

Halal Cyborg

I personally don't think they look better than metallic, classic or matte...they're just rare

gglenn1966

I believe the worn colors use a different shader that gives a semi-gloss appearance, rather than a glossy appearance seen on classic and metallic or non-gloss appearance of matte. They also seem to define the colors for this family as more washed-out, to give a kind of sun-faded look. I'm not sure what the "util" family of colors is, but it looks like they may be another variant of semi-gloss finish.

Fozzie

I personally don't think they look better than metallic, classic or matte...they're just rare

If you use mods to create paint jobs though, having Worn as Primary/Secondary give you some very unique paints and finishes, they are somewhat boring to use on their own without and RGB/HEX

Halal Cyborg

If you use mods to create paint jobs though, having Worn as Primary/Secondary give you some very unique paints and finishes, they are somewhat boring to use on their own without and RGB/HEX

I guess...I do pretty well as it is though

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

This is a worn collor.

IVzYU4oGOUqdFsFSgA5pVw_0_0.jpg

yC6beJFFYEqK-NVA-m06EQ_0_0.jpg

36Eh1wXfWUqLFb2vze-inA_0_0.jpg

sxzOoV8rQUewFaltYiJG7A_0_0.jpg

This is regular glossy:

oOwGdSOAu0y5e5Yuscyomg_0_0.jpg

h3VZYX9LGEqfCNlt7qYgAw_0_0.jpg

That worn banshee looks amazing

Fozzie

This should turn into a Worn Paint showoff thread

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

The casco in that setup of the prison break has a worn color right ?

Also isnt there 1 oracle spawning in freeroam with a worn (dark) blue color to ?

Edited by goldadderXD

Ocelot

Also isnt there 1 oracle spawning in freeroam with a worn (dark) blue color to ?

Yes about the Oracle. The Gresley spawns in worn dark green too. Not sure about the Casco since I haven't really done that setup very often.

There are probably a lot more cars that spawn in worn colours.

Edited by Ocelot.

Fozzie

Not sure on the Casco because it's been like 8 months since I've done that setup, the Oracle is Matte Blue/Dark Blue with Utility Sea Foam Pearl..

There is also that ugly as f*ck Dominator that spawns in Worn Orange

Edited by Fozzie_420

HaRdSTyLe_83

if gta had the same paint menu as the latest nfs, it would be amazing

livejoker

Damn, OP already has a headache trying to understand worn and sea wash colors from the threads floating around. I can't imagine how wide his head is gonna split with this thread full of conflicting answers.

Honestly not worth the trouble, mate. If you paint your cars the same blue then you should ignore special paints/combos.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Damn, OP already has a headache trying to understand worn and sea wash colors from the threads floating around. I can't imagine how wide his head is gonna split with this thread full of conflicting answers.

Honestly not worth the trouble, mate. If you paint your cars the same blue then you should ignore special paints/combos.

Wait...seawash is something diferend then worn ?

Member's Only

This should turn into a Worn Paint showoff thread

Worn paintjob masterrace. Matte users are dirty peasants.

wIA2aWm.jpg

cCm2VLk.jpg

yYbad2f.jpg

DEYeZ4w.jpg

8ukHPSR.jpg