2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

The Rockstar "Got it Right" or "Got it Wrong" Thread

fw3

Rockstar Got It Right vs. Got It Wrong  

165 members have voted

1. 1. So, did Rockstar get it all right, all wrong, or maybe it's a bit of both?

• Rockstar got it right!
    • Rockstar got it wrong!
    • Rockstar got it right, except for where they got it wrong!
    • Stupid, unnecessary poll. > sigh <
    • All of the above.
    • None of the above.
    • Brucie.

Yes, we've all discussed the things in the game that drive us bananas, but there's a whole lotta right going on in this game.

But how many times have you experienced something that is so right, that inevitably turns so wrong?

In yesteryears, calling The Mechanic would often leave you with you vehicle parked on the overpass above you, a mile away, or with Johnny Onthespot driving off in your precious Z-Type, joy-riding around Paleto Bay. That was a feature that Rockstar got right, but what often went painfully wrong.

Remember the old Passive Mode? Sorry, maybe I'm alone, but I loved when a player went into Passive and I could still plow them over with my car. Or how you could kill them as soon as they got into a vehicle. It made it so you at least had some chance to retaliate against Passive-abusing griefers. Now, of course, it's the ghost-mode style of Passive, which is great for players who just don't want anyone to bother them. Did Rockstar get this right or wrong?

I will leave the discussion of LSPD and the cops out of the discussion, because, well... ugh.

But, currently, the idea that we now have a new custom shop, Benny's, to modify new and not-new vehicles, was a great addition. Rockstar got it right.
However, the idea that these modifications are simply inaccessible to many players due to the ridiculously exorbitant prices, well, I think Rockstar got it wrong.
My opinion, of course, and as someone who can afford to visit Benny's anytime I like, I certainly empathize with those who can't.

Other things I can think of, off-hand, that Rockstar got right are things like the overall environment. It's a breathtaking game, visually, that Rockstar definitely got right.
But how many times have you uttered similar words to, "How the hell can a volleyball net stop a tank?" or "Full speed T20 yields to park bench? what the?"

So, as always, just curious to the things you find, in the game, that Rockstar got totally right on the money; and, in contrast, what they got dead wrong.

Looking forward to replies. Cheers!

lFGO1J8NrEO9-egsGpOexQ_0_0.jpg

• Like 2

"I certainly empathize with those who can't"

I don't they had 4 f*cking double cash events going on ahead of the Update and now have ANOTHER ONE.

So those who complain about the prices... screw you and play the god damn game...

xxviolentbenxx

"I certainly empathize with those who can't"

I don't they had 4 f*cking double cash events going on ahead of the Update and now have ANOTHER ONE.

So those who complain about the prices... screw you and play the god damn game...

But making money is hard. I have to actually play the game and work for stuff I want! THIS IS TURRUBLE WURST GAM EVAR. 9/10 IGN.

Edited by xxviolentbenxx
  • Like 3

It's really a grab bag. A lot of things came out nicely, some not so much, and some have been tweaked to be made better. There's no real way to say Rockstar got it right or wrong in a game of such large scale.

• Like 2

Urustay Gordov Matt D.

Making cars almost impossible to catch when you're on foot:they got it wrong. Its impossible to have a fair fight against other players if they cowardly escape everytime

after getting a cheap kill.

Edited by Urustay Gordov

monkb4skunk

^so you want all the cars to drive 12 ks an hour? What are you on about

They mostly got it right, mostly

Edited by monkb4skunk

They mostly got it right.

I love the game overall. The main things I wish they'd fix at this point:

- Connection issues (need far less lagging out of sessions and being unable to get into sessions with friends)

- Jets (need more and better counters to them)

- Passive mode (it can stay as is, just add a cooldown so murdering psychos have to wait before using it; I'm tired of seeing this exploited by assholes who justify it as "strategy")

- Pricing of certain things - I realize the updates need to drive cash card sales, to make future updates financially possible, but Benny's prices are easily double what they ought to be, and some things like clothes and masks are just kind of insane across the board.

On the whole I think they've fixed many of the bugs that plagued the game months ago, and added more content than I ever expected, a lot of it very appealing. I loved the major updates (heists, executives, free roam events, lowriders) they released, and I hope there's at least a couple more like that coming. It hasn't been perfect but it's been a rich, deep experience that has held my interest for two and a half years, so thumbs up to them.

Pussive mode hydras. f*ck you.

I was recently being griefed by a player, so I went into Passive and called for my Swift helicopter.

I got in and a message appeared, reading, "Passive Mode is disabled for this vehicle."

I wonder if that's a new thing, as I'd never seen it before. Wonder if it's for all air vehicles? Hmm.

I was recently being griefed by a player, so I went into Passive and called for my Swift helicopter.

I got in and a message appeared, reading, "Passive Mode is disabled for this vehicle."

I wonder if that's a new thing, as I'd never seen it before. Wonder if it's for all air vehicles? Hmm.

Seems to be only for ones that allow activities in the back like smoking, I know the gold jet does it, are you on about the gold swift or the normal??

I second Nutduster's comments.

But to Fw3, arguably LG's passive mode was a waste of time. CG passive mode actually works as intended.

People do abuse it, but that's not Rockstar's fault people are too bitchmade to put up a legitimate fight.

I agree that some type of cooldown or whatever should be added, but a return to the past just doesn't make sense.

I would also recommend that all un-armed aircraft, gold or not, receive the ability to go passive.

Armed aircraft should not have the ability to go passive.

Edited by ikaR3CON
  • Like 4

KgQS6by.jpg?1

I wish the customization was better and we had more diverse outfit choices.

Like, the customization to be alot more diverse. From hair, to facial hair, to faces, and to definite body size.

Seems to be only for ones that allow activities in the back like smoking, I know the gold jet does it, are you on about the gold swift or the normal??

Yes, the gold Swift. It's both gold AND swift! Amazing! Rockstar got that totally right! :)

shadowoperative

Like, the customization to be alot more diverse. From hair, to facial hair, to faces, and to definite body size.

I agree to an extent. But at least to the customization is way better than IV. So it has improved.

Yes, the gold Swift. It's both gold AND swift! Amazing! Rockstar got that totally right! :)

The Gold Swift and the Gold Luxor both were vehicles to get rid of the money of money glitchers, as such they have ridicoulessly high prices compared to other vehicles etc and are also not able to go passive offering a significant dissadvantage, that was R* basicly trolling cheaters and people dumb enough to buy a useless golden jet with their hard earnt cash.

The forced spoiler on the comet is the biggest thing they got wrong. We need a spoilerless comet, come on R*!

shadowoperative

The forced spoiler on the comet is the biggest thing they got wrong. We need a spoilerless comet, come on R*!

Well in my opinion no. There are far bigger issues to deal with. Jets, cops...

XxX19Dude95XxX

All and all the whole game is 50 50 you win at some things being great and some things makes you want to jump off a bridge you can't win with this. I will explain later right now it's drinking time

Chief theef

Yes, we've all discussed the things in the game that drive us bananas, but there's a whole lotta right going on in this game.

But how many times have you experienced something that is so right, that inevitably turns so wrong?

In yesteryears, calling The Mechanic would often leave you with you vehicle parked on the overpass above you, a mile away, or with Johnny Onthespot driving off in your precious Z-Type, joy-riding around Paleto Bay. That was a feature that Rockstar got right, but what often went painfully wrong.

Remember the old Passive Mode? Sorry, maybe I'm alone, but I loved when a player went into Passive and I could still plow them over with my car. Or how you could kill them as soon as they got into a vehicle. It made it so you at least had some chance to retaliate against Passive-abusing griefers. Now, of course, it's the ghost-mode style of Passive, which is great for players who just don't want anyone to bother them. Did Rockstar get this right or wrong?

I will leave the discussion of LSPD and the cops out of the discussion, because, well... ugh.

But, currently, the idea that we now have a new custom shop, Benny's, to modify new and not-new vehicles, was a great addition. Rockstar got it right.

However, the idea that these modifications are simply inaccessible to many players due to the ridiculously exorbitant prices, well, I think Rockstar got it wrong.

My opinion, of course, and as someone who can afford to visit Benny's anytime I like, I certainly empathize with those who can't.

Other things I can think of, off-hand, that Rockstar got right are things like the overall environment. It's a breathtaking game, visually, that Rockstar definitely got right.

But how many times have you uttered similar words to, "How the hell can a volleyball net stop a tank?" or "Full speed T20 yields to park bench? what the?"

So, as always, just curious to the things you find, in the game, that Rockstar got totally right on the money; and, in contrast, what they got dead wrong.

Looking forward to replies. Cheers!

I hope that is your dupe sultan.

Hellbendzor

Customization is costly, but then again everyone got the opportunity to earn cash with the double amount weeks... Personally, I think (certain) cars need to be expensive... If everything is dirtcheap, how then can any cars be special to their owners, IMHO?

For me, they're right on the money with customization, no pun intended... If I don't have the time to grind, I buy money through shark cards. And I invest back in my favourite game and gaming company...

What's currently very very wrong in GTA 5 PC, is the constant mod-invasions... I was very glad when the update came around and all the modding disappeared. It was a relief to be able to, once again, enjoy the original gaming experience... But sadly today, I saw three ski-lifts on the middle of the road in Los Santos. I saw once again players begging for moneybags and I saw myself once again considering going 'invite only'... it's not bad atm, but it'll get worse very soon... Then I see bigger GTA-youtubers spreading warnings, but IMHO also spreading the word on the what/where and how, and I'm : 'OMG, here we go again'...

That's something Rockstar needs to address and fix... Folks abusing this stuff need to be permanently removed from the online part of the game. Installing these modmenu's should mean instant ban... No more, no less... I hope they make work of a permanent fix (will be hard to accomplish), but the permanent (online) ban should be easier...Let the modders eat their heart out with the modding, but let them do it in their own offline experience, so others can enjoy the game, online with others, as it was originally intended by Rockstar...

Edited by Hellbendzor

Customization is costly, but then again everyone got the opportunity to earn cash with the double amount weeks... Personally, I think (certain) cars need to be expensive... If everything is dirtcheap, how then can any cars be special to their owners, IMHO?

For me, they're right on the money with customization, no pun intended... If I don't have the time to grind, I buy money through shark cards. And I invest back in my favourite game and gaming company...

What's currently very very wrong in GTA 5 PC, is the constant mod-invasions... I was very glad when the update came around and all the modding disappeared. It was a relief to be able to, once again, enjoy the original gaming experience... But sadly today, I saw three ski-lifts on the middle of the road in Los Santos. I saw once again players begging for moneybags and I saw myself once again considering going 'invite only'... it's not bad atm, but it'll get worse very soon... Then I see bigger GTA-youtubers spreading warnings, but IMHO also spreading the word on the what/where and how, and I'm : 'OMG, here we go again'...

That's something Rockstar needs to address and fix... Folks abusing this stuff need to be permanently removed from the online part of the game. Installing these modmenu's should mean instant ban... No more, no less... I hope they make work of a permanent fix (will be hard to accomplish), but the permanent (online) ban should be easier...Let the modders eat their heart out with the modding, but let them do it in their own offline experience, so others can enjoy the game, online with others, as it was originally intended by Rockstar...

I totally agree Modders need to be combatted, and R* is allready doing it but as they said themselfs its a never ending fight.

I personally would be all for security laws in the US and Europe against Online security breaches so R* can finally react to this special kind of theft with lawsuits.

I hope that is your dupe sultan.

It's actually the Sultan I sold the other night as I despised it. I am now Sultan-less, which is just fine with me. GTA IV did it better, imho. :)

• Like 2

AndYuKnowTHIS

Actual driving physics. So much wasted potential, especially since you've created the midnight club series. Giving us actual drifting Rockstar, give cars some weight, let me pull off wheelies in fully modded muscle cars

• Like 3

FrugalDangerMan

I agree to an extent. But at least to the customization is way better than IV. So it has improved.

So, what you're saying is that you like that there aren't 30 Niko's in various colored track suits running around in each session?

Well, I guess some people DO just want to watch the world burn.

So, what you're saying is that you like that there aren't 30 Niko's in various colored track suits running around in each session?

Well, I guess some people DO just want to watch the world burn.

What the hell are you talking about?

The amount of clothes, tatoo and haircut options availeable is insane, in my honest opinion and it grows constantly with every update.

• Like 3

IMO

Right: GTAO is an amazing game that's expanding at a decent rate

Wrong: R* won't allow us to play it our way even on dedicated servers

• Like 3