2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

PSA: Performance Upgrades Prices

Hello All.

I was reading through the GTA: Online subreddit on reddit.com and came across a post submitted by user "Culveys" titled "PSA: Apply performance upgrades at LSC before upgrading at Benny's" which goes on to state, and i quote-

"Applying the performance upgrades at LSC on the Slamvan, etc are much cheaper ( for example engine is ~$7k) then they are at Benny's after you upgrade the car (engine is now over $30k). Use this to save a bit of cash for the visual upgrades".

I haven't verified this myself as i had unfortunately already upgraded all my vehicles at the time of reading, yet the general consensus from the replies in the thread seem to indicate it is indeed true, that performance mods are significantly more expensive at Benny's after upgrading the vehicle, as opposed to purchasing those very same mods at LSC prior to the upgrade.

Thought it may be of some benefit to players who were unaware of this, as i was.

TL;DR- You can apparently save money by purchasing your desired performance mods from LSC prior to upgrading your car at Benny's.

Or just apply them at an LSC afterwards instead of Bennys.

Or just apply them at an LSC afterwards instead of Bennys.

Yes although i am not sure whether the post implies that LSC is simply cheaper for performance mods, or whether the mods themselves become more expensive after upgrading your car at Benny's, whether applied afterwards at LSC or not.

I dont do anything at Bennys other than the actual conversion.

Yes i will be doing this in the future, too.

Edited by Guest

The performance mods for a vehicle converted at Bennys are still normal at LSC after a conversion.

Doing performance mods at Bennys has never been worthwhile. Rockstar was really smart to add the same parts for a higher price simply for the convenience it provides the slow minded and impatient, ie shark card purchasers.

• Like 2

CrysisAverted

We need to burn this man's establishment down, this is highway robbery!

pitchforks.gif

I f*cking paid his damn price several times over wth!

Edited by CrysisAverted
  • Like 3

Hmmm, i even thought that this sh*t seems expensive. With my Buccaneer, Chino, Moonbeam, Faction, Slamvan and other Faction.

It seems that I should have taken the trip to check it out....

The performance mods for a vehicle converted at Bennys are still normal at LSC after a conversion.

Doing performance mods at Bennys has never been worthwhile. Rockstar was really smart to add the same parts for a higher price simply for the convenience it provides the slow minded and impatient, ie shark card purchasers.

Yes i have upgraded quite a few cars at Benny's and am not proud to say had never even considered there would be difference in pricing for identical mods between between the two shops. I hate to think of how much money i could've saved had i been more observant and left the performance upgrades to LSC.

Edited by Guest

Hmmm, i even thought that this sh*t seems expensive. With my Buccaneer, Chino, Moonbeam, Faction, Slamvan and other Faction.

I know the feeling.

I know the feeling.

Don't feel bad, buddy. I was dumb enough to think of it the first time there. Never checked. Consolidate yourself with my agony....

NorthwindJME

Shhhh! R* will fix that. The fun police wont allow us to mod on the cheap when they find out.

Well that's good to know. I was thinking about doing up another Slamvan so at least I'll be able to save some money by upgrading at LSC first.

CrysisAverted

f*ck YOU BENNY!

VV7fwXC.gif

Yah damn scam artist

9n8a4pO.gif

• Like 7

Well, it kind of fits the picture if benny adds a slice on prices. I do not have problems with that, on the contrary. I just wish that i would have followed my hunch.

Strange, the engine only costed 7k after the Benny's upgrade for me, same with my Buccaneer.

• Like 1

Looks like Benny's isn't getting that great ogre a wholesale price on his performance parts compared to LSC.... or he really likes price gouging his costumers.

No wonder why Lamar likes him so much. Now we just need Benny and Simeon working together for some Lowrider Repo contact missions. There's bound to be plenty of gang bangers that couldn't afford the loans for the vehicle from Simeon, plus the custom upgrades from Benny.

Looks like Benny's isn't getting that great ogre a wholesale price on his performance parts compared to LSC.... or he really likes price gouging his costumers.

No wonder why Lamar likes him so much. Now we just need Benny and Simeon working together for some Lowrider Repo contact missions. There's bound to be plenty of gang bangers that couldn't afford the loans for the vehicle from Simeon, plus the custom upgrades from Benny.

Car - 150,00$

Benny's Upgrade - 690,000$

Performance parts - 160,000$

Visual parts - 300,000$

Wheels - 89,000$

Paint/Livery - 70,000$

= 1,459,000$

Those gangbangers are gona have to hustle for a loooooooooong time if they want to get their hands on a real Benny's custom!

Edited by NateAssassin

M*A*R*I*N*A

Strange, the engine only costed 7k after the Benny's upgrade for me, same with my Buccaneer.

Yes same.

Car - 150,00$

Visual parts - 300,000$

Wheels - 89,000$

Paint/Livery - 70,000$

= 1,459,000$

Those gangbangers are gona have to hustle for a loooooooooong time if they want to get their hands on a real Benny's custom!

Which is perfect. They can't make the crazy loan Simeon/Benny gives them, so their vehicles get repoed. Benny then removes his mods and gives the vehicle back to Simeon for the next fool to buy, and then upgrade with Benny's over priced used parts... Hence his "New Used Parts" sign in his graffiti outside the shop. Both shops rack in the cash for selling the same used vehicle and custom parts again and again.

Car - 150,00$

Visual parts - 300,000$

Wheels - 89,000$

Paint/Livery - 70,000$

= 1,459,000$

A week of basic grinding. Just doing dailies nets you a weekly bonus most of which can be completed in 5 minutes. Then you do whatever you normally do as your grind.

With a little dedication I have already earned back the money for one of my yachts. In short 1.5 mil is nothin.

Edited by TreFacTor