2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Has Rockstar satisfactorily covered the import tuner scene?

Giantsgiants

Giantsgiants

Ever since launch, one of the ideas that people have been really asking for is an import-themed DLC. While Lowriders have gotten the spotlight lately, the game also has more cars that people generally consider as "import tuners" compared to when it first launched.

Elegy RH8

Futo

Jester

Kuruma

Penumbra

Sultan

Blista Compact

Blista

Stratum

Warrener

That's a longer list than the lowriders (defined as cars with the "Custom" suffix). Do you think that Rockstar has covered the import tuner scene well enough? Or do you think it needs more? Discuss.

Nothing is ever satisfactory.

Elegy RH8 - Pretty decent

Futo - Could use a few more mods

Jester - Alright

Kuruma - Could use more

Penumbra - Has potential for more

Sultan - Can into RS

Blista Compact - Not even close, needs tons more mods

Blista - Same deal. Lots of potential. No options

Stratum - Needs a lot more work. Looks good, but has no mods.

Warrener - So many possibilities. So little are present.

Those are my thoughts.

Meanwhile the lowriders each get multiple bumper options, some can become convertibles, interiors, trunk options, sound systems, engine bay improvements...

The cars you just listed simply do not compare to the lowriders in terms of options.

The issue is customization options, not presence...

Edited by Rewdalf
  • Like 1

Benny's cars are nothing like anything we've had before. There are lowriders and there are the RS and 900R. The 900R has rotary modifications to make it more like the FD3S and the RS has options from all three import cars it is based on.

It is only natural there will be many more imports coming to Benny's.

Growing up in the import scene in the 90's with the crazy Altezza lights, I've seen the city transform right on the streets. Yet none of real Los Angeles style is represented in the game. The RS and 900R racebreds have no regional character at all. Drifting is a decently popular sport here, but WRC and cartoon cars? Ha.

Indeed there is a very big difference between importing foreign culture and the import culture.

Edited by ngazi
  • Like 2

I think there's ample rice in the game for most people. Some worthy JDM cars to add to supercar class would be the Lexus LFA or Mazda Furai both awesome cars and both have amazing sounding engines, they could replicate.

Mazda Furai:

2008-mazda-furai-concept.jpg

Lexus LFA
Lexus-LFA-CRile-w.jpg

But what I'd really love to see, and can't believe they haven't added it yet, is the Hermes from VC & SA. That would be perfect for Benny's! http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Hermes

Mercury AKA Hermes

primernatsautozonecarshow031-1.jpg

• Like 9

By the way the Blista FN2 was never available here. There is no car like it at all in Los Angeles.

The Blista Compact is way too big and heavy compared to any real car. Just park one next to a Futo and you'll see.

The two do help add variety to a game oddly lacking in FF cars, but as the most popular platform in the import scene, Honda FF cars might as well be absent in this game.

The third generation Eclipse is not an import. It was a North American exclusive. And it is misrepresented as FR in the game anyway.

Edited by ngazi

By the way the Blista FN2 was never available here. There is no car like it at all in Los Angeles.

The Blista Compact is way too big and heavy compared to any real car. Just park one next to a Futo and you'll see.

The two do help add variety to a game oddly lacking in FF cars, but as the most popular platform in the import scene, Honda FF cars might as well be absent in this game.

The third generation Eclipse is not an import. It was a North American exclusive. And it is misrepresented as FR in the game anyway.

I appreciate your car guy super knowledge brother, but I think you may be over thinking this stuff lol.

I agree though a few more FWD carsenal would be good.

FF? really? A life with out oversteer, is a life not worth living.

• Like 3

I'll sell all my supers for a hermes or half for a car with sucide doors I'm not too picky.

Edited by TreFacTor
  • Like 2

Commander S

Thing is, just having a bunch of any kind of Toyota/Honda/Nissan cars in-game doesn't suddenly equal 'import tuners' - in the same way that the custom gang Mananas/Peyotes/Tornados/Buccaneers weren't the same as getting actual lowriders.

What we'd really need is a handful of decent sports coupés from the likes of Karin and Annis, complete with upgraded versions at Benny's, with all the requisite trimmings (full aero kits, decals, etc.) -stuff like Supras, Fairlady Zs, RX-7s, Skyline GT-Rs, and so on. Currently we don't have any of those, or anything similar - last time we did was in San Andreas, best part of 12 years ago.

It's actually pretty frustrating - the Stratum's got a Skyline look to it, but it's an underpowered station wagon. The RH8's effectively a supercar (and the Jester technically is, too - at least going by the real-life NSX), while the Kuruma's more a rally car, and the Penumbra a low-end, family-friendly runabout that just looks the part, superficially. It's like for all the Japanese autos in the game, we've got every possible option except bona fide sports tuners, and I really wish R* would finally get around to adding some, although I'm not too hopeful at this point.

Edited by Commander S
  • Like 4

You should learn a bit more about what is oversteer.

LOL,. understeer is when the car doesn't turn as much as you are turning the wheel, oversteer is when the car turns more than it should for how you are turning the wheel,

FF cars = understeer

FR cars = oversteer

so what do I need to learn?

LOL,. understeer is when the car doesn't turn as much as you are turning the wheel, oversteer is when the car turns more than it should for how you are turning the wheel,

FF cars = understeer

FR cars = oversteer

FF can oversteer as well is what he is trying to get at I think.

• Like 1

Supercharger tune-ups would be good. More speed, not just hood ornaments.

8288267.jpg

That car is beast!!!!

FF cars = understeer

FR cars = oversteer

FF can oversteer as well is what he is trying to get at I think.

kinda with a handbrake, but it's not really oversteer is it? Generally speaking, take too much speed and power into a corner, or try and get on the gas early mid corner, you'll induce understeer in FF cars, and the opposite for FR.

M*A*R*I*N*A

I'd like liveries for the Penumbra. It would be good if we could take the vehicles like the Blista Compact, Buffalo S, etc. to Benny's shop and upgrade them into the Racecar and Go-Go Monkey variants.

FF cars = understeer

FR cars = oversteer

Yuck! This is why I don't drive my Elegy and Rapid GT.

Rave Vulpes

Well, we've gotten a lot of muscles and of course lowriders lately - but not much in terms of tuners. The Blista, Kuruma, Sultan RS and maybe the Warrener are probably the only ones you could consider tuners. The Jester is more of a supercar.

Customisation options are kinda lacking - but it's the same with all non-Benny cars. Most of them have maybe one or two bodykits and that's it.

The worse part for me is the lacking performance. Penumbra, Prairie, Intruder, Futo, Blista, Stratum, Kuruma, heck even the Sultan and Sultan RS aren't really good in their respective classes. I mean, I don't expect a Prairie to beat an Entity, but when I drop 50 grand on performance upgrades one would expect it to be faster than a freaking Mini. And when I squeeze 800k of modifications in a car (yes, I'm talking to you, Benny) I'm actually expecting a car to be faster than say, a Murcielago. But okay, the Sultan and Banshee are, as we all know just wrongly categorised.

The only tuner-like car which actually is worth it's money would probably be the Elegy - and even that is not really a classic tuner.

Well, there's hoping - R* showed us with the Sultan and the Banshee, what they're capable of and the lowrider-scene should be catered by now. Okay, there's the Muscle-scene left, but these got at least some good performing examples with okay-ish customisation options. And please, we already got 18!!! muscles as DLC, not even counting the wrongly categorised ones like the Chino and Virgo - just please stop the complaining about not enough musclecars.

speeddemon0322

What I want for tuners is their own sort of update, kind of like low-riders, the ideal being this:

5 new cars added to Benny's (all modifiable, no need to upgrade) (inb4 we need 6th garage :) )

Elegy (San Andreas), Jester (San Andreas), ZR-350 (HD remake from San Andreas), Euros (HD remake from San Andreas), Sentinel (GTA 4 version)

2 current cars that can now be taken to Benny's, the Futo and the Blista Compact (something for the people who transferred, or make it available to everyone)

And all these cars added to a new class, Tuners, (so that they don't get stuck in sports, where they will be destroyed by much faster cars), with a Tuners & Muscle option in races(cars like the GTA 5 Sentinel and the Schwartzer could be allowed to compete in Tuners as well)

And new missions and weapons to go with these cars, like low-riders (hell they can even have Lamar give these missions, have him say he found another hustle)

I would love this kind of update (yes I am aware that this should go in the wishlist thread).

• Like 3

Supercharger tune-ups would be good. More speed, not just hood ornaments.

8288267.jpg

As a camaro owner, I have to say that thing is ugly.kill it with fire

OT: we need more tuners the game lacks tuners with a huge amount of modifications.

kinda with a handbrake, but it's not really oversteer is it? Generally speaking, take too much speed and power into a corner, or try and get on the gas early mid corner, you'll induce understeer in FF cars, and the opposite for FR.

The handbrake in most cars can lock the rear at low speeds but for the FF on track, light use of the handbrake is useful for preventing weight transfer induced understeer without resorting to dropping engine RPM for a higher power output at the exit.

Generally, locking the rear in a turn with enough weight on the front creates oversteer or a braking drift. The back will come around since traction is broken. FR is favorable in a drift situation, but the brake drift setup does not require power - only proper technique and a decent car. In the FF you can brake drift while sending power to the front wheels to keep some speed. If you saw a FF going sideways in some commercial, this is most likely what you saw.

Generally, taking too much speed into a corner is going to cause understeer or just a poor line. But between too much speed and the car's neutral turning is trail braking. Carrying some braking into the turn is a good way to get a bite on the turn in and avoid understeer. Whether this is efficient or the car will under or oversteer depends on the suspension setup and the driver ability. In case efficiency is lost, the FR can correct by drifting, and the FR can correct by left foot braking.

You can corner efficiently with gas early mid corner, but with practice, you can have some fun, or learn to correct. In the FR, spinning the rear tires can produce a power over but improper technique will result in understeer if you lose traction in the front first. That is why the power over is not a great way to learn or do advanced drifting. When you give too much gas in the FF, it depends on the direction of the torque steer, but similarly it can be corrected by technique. Proper use of early power with left foot braking and the hand brake is good for many types of corners, just as proper weight control can maintain efficiency in FR.

Now you don't have to take my word. You can see all of this in action in motorsports and other events. Motor Trend is making a series of basics videos on Youtube. The host is very good. If you want something complete and maybe a bit more entertaining, the first season of Initial D is really good for the basics. The show is quite accurate although shallow. I've never read the comic myself. For a closer look at the techniques, Tsuchiya's shows are very good, you can find them all over Youtube.

It's good to get a solid foundation in theory before heading out to the track.

Edited by ngazi

If a tuner DLC ever comes, as long as one of the cars has popup headlights then I'm sold. In fact, if they ever give a car popup headlights (you don't count, Dukes), I'd be sold.

• Like 6

Hermes please.

All I want R*, you did a great job with the Slamvan.

I think they'll release a 3rd Lowriders DLC with the remaining stuff, before doing something else. And from the looks of it an import tuner DLC might only get Bennys treatment for existing cars. Like I din't see R34 or Supra inspired cars being added. But I would be happy if Warrener, Kuruma and Stratum would get to be featured in Bennys. Warrener and Stratum becoming 2door and Kuruma getting sames treatment as Sultan RS.

• Like 2