Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

SonOfLiberty

Movie/TV confessions *may contain spoilers*

Recommended Posts

Jerking For Soup
8 minutes ago, Miamivicecity said:

Pulp Fiction is a masterpiece IMO. One of the reasons I love GTA IV/EFLC is the Pulp Fiction esque structure.

I think the most Pulp Fiction way to play IV/EFLC would be TLAD - IV - TBOGT. TLAD being the Vincent/Mia parts (can have parallels with Johnny/Ashley), IV being the Gold Watch (Niko winning the game like Butch does, some shocking character deaths from TLAD and the most important story) and TBOGT which signs the game off in the best possible way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
3 hours ago, Miamivicecity said:

Pulp Fiction is a masterpiece IMO. One of the reasons I love GTA IV/EFLC is the Pulp Fiction esque structure.

Best movie I've ever seen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SonOfLiberty
2 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Best movie I've ever seen. 

What's your favourite scene out of curiosity? Mine's when Vincent and Mia dance at Jack Rabbit Slims.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
32 minutes ago, Miamivicecity said:

What's your favourite scene out of curiosity? Mine's when Vincent and Mia dance at Jack Rabbit Slims.

"WHAT?" 😉

Pretty much the whole movie is such a joy to watch so it's hard to pick but SLJ killed it in that scene. Every conversation him and Vincent have is awesome. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SonOfLiberty
4 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

"WHAT?" 😉

Pretty much the whole movie is such a joy to watch so it's hard to pick but SLJ killed it in that scene. Every conversation him and Vincent have is awesome. 

I know it's hard to pick one.😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTAgamerWyald

I've still yet too see pulp fiction despite being so popular. 

 

Anyways I've recently watched Sergio Leone's magnum opus movies, good bad, and ugly and Once upon a time in the west. These probably have some of the best directing I've seen in films. I can see the many influences these had on both red dead games. 

 

Also f*ck black swan, it is a poor rip off of perfect blue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin

Huge Tarantino fan here. True Romance and Natural Born Killers too really, Dusk till Dawn and Desperado I like too.

 

Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, the lot, lol. I just love his flicks and style. The man knows his movies from his past so well and often brings the best out in actors. Micheal Madsen being one I don't like in other stuff, but in Resevior Dogs, he really comes into his own I feel.

 

At present, Django and The Hateful Eight are high on my list too, I just found them captivating with the dialogue, scenery, and music. Inglorious too, Christoph Waltz really is fantastic in his roles. Leonardo DiCaprio in Django (and damn near anything, lol. Especially a Scorsese movie), I love that dude. Ha-ha.

 

Looking forward to Tarantino's next, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood too, can't wait for that as the Charles Manson/Mansion Family stuff has been a topic of interest for a long time through my penchant for true crime. I hope it's another steller offering. :) 

Edited by Lonely-Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arnold Stallone

I dislike the amount of CGI and shaky cam that today's movies, particularly action movies use.

It's at the point where I rather just play video games because while it is computer generated at least I get to be in control of the action and the camera is not going out of control while I play.

In my opinion movies from the 80s and 90s were better to what Hollywood makes now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
Posted (edited)

 

Yep I f*cking hate the shaky camera. Let me "see" what's happening. It's just a cheap way to cover up their poor action scenes and it adds nothing to the immersion. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SonOfLiberty
18 hours ago, Arnold Stallone said:

In my opinion movies from the 80s and 90s were better to what Hollywood makes now.

I prefer to be more opened minded than that. It's just like when people claim old video games are better than new ones because the mindset is old = good and new = crap. It's not to say you can't hold that opinion, but it just feels like an unfair generalistion because not all modern Hollywood movies are bad and not all 80s/90s movies are great.

 

Infact outside of a handful of 80s/90s movies that still hold up well today I'd say most really show their age from cringe worthy acting, weak scripts, overly simplistic plots, barren character development etc. I still watch movies I remember growing up in the 90s and thinking they were the best things ever, but watching them many years later well into adulthood has made me realise they were mostly products of their time. NOT because they were ever actually great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arnold Stallone
8 minutes ago, Miamivicecity said:

I prefer to be more opened minded than that. It's just like when people claim old video games are better than new ones because the mindset is old = good and new = crap. It's not to say you can't hold that opinion, but it just feels like an unfair generalistion because not all modern Hollywood movies are bad and not all 80s/90s movies are great.

 

Infact outside of a handful of 80s/90s movies that still hold up well today I'd say most really show their age from cringe worthy acting, weak scripts, overly simplistic plots, barren character development etc. I still watch movies I remember growing up in the 90s and thinking they were the best things ever, but watching them many years later well into adulthood has made me realise they were mostly products of their time. NOT because they were ever actually great.

Perhaps.  But I just discover movies from the 80s and 90s that I have never seen before all the time so I know it's not just nostalgia talking that I enjoy just because I prefer the style they had. Longer takes, in my opinion better dialogue(Just my opinion) and more practical effects which look more realistic than any CGI.

 

One of my favorite directors of all time Brian De Palma who as I'm sure a hardcore fan of Vice City knows made Scarface commented on the state of movies today and said basically the reason they are not as good as they used to be is because directors do not have the power to be as creative as they did in the passed and it is just studio executives running the show in a much more factory like way.

 

But hey I'm not trying to put anyone's taste down if anyone likes the more chaotic style of today's movies that cool I'm just an older Michael De Santa type who likes sitting around and having 80s training montage fantasies :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SonOfLiberty
5 minutes ago, Arnold Stallone said:

Perhaps.  But I just discover movies from the 80s and 90s that I have never seen before all the time so I know it's not just nostalgia talking that I enjoy just because I prefer the style they had. Longer takes, in my opinion better dialogue(Just my opinion) and more practical effects which look more realistic than any CGI.

 

One of my favorite directors of all time Brian De Palma who as I'm sure a hardcore fan of Vice City knows made Scarface commented on the state of movies today and said basically the reason they are not as good as they used to be is because directors do not have the power to be as creative as they did in the passed and it is just studio executives running the show in a much more factory like way.

 

But hey I'm not trying to put anyone's taste down if anyone likes the more chaotic style of today's movies that cool I'm just an older Michael De Santa type who likes sitting around and having 80s training montage fantasies :D

 

Oh that's fair enough. Actually I miss practical effects too, but I guess CGI is more cost effective and less of a liability (Not needing stunt doubles).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Femme Fatale

I didn't get the "I am you" joke from Rush Hour 3 until much later. I assumed that the joke was that the old guy was just messing with Chris Tucker's head, lol.

Edited by Femme Fatale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Outlaw Biker Viking

Bump, but what the heck?

 

I personally despise the idea that The Godfather franchise should EXCLUSIVELY have Italian mafiosi in it. While I DO agree that it should be from THEIR standpoint, I wholeheartedly believe that having Russian and other Eastern European, Japanese, Chinese, and Korean mafias as characters would breathe A LOT of fresh air into the franchise! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SonOfLiberty

Speaking of the The Godfather I actually liked part III even though it's generally considered to be the weakest of the trilogy.

 

-I consider Batman & Robin/Batman Forever one of those "so bad it's good" type of movies. I remember back in the 90s when there was so much hype for these two movies and I would get every single toy, happy meal at McDonald's etc. I understand why people don't like them, but it's just a bit of cheesy fun IMO in contrast to Nolan's darker Baman movies and even Burton's.

 

-I pretty much like every modern remake of classic horror movies like Friday The 13th, Halloween, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre etc. Some are obviously better than others, but I can't think of one I honestly disliked.

 

-As a kid I was a HUGE fan of Herbie The Lovebug. I used to have a Hotwheels VW Beetle I painted up with the number 53 on it and took it to bed with me lol. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
6 hours ago, SonOfLiberty said:

-I pretty much like every modern remake of classic horror movies like Friday The 13th, Halloween, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre etc. Some are obviously better than others, but I can't think of one I honestly disliked.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Evil Dead, and the new It chapters are big on my list. I feel they are very good remakes that serve the fans of the originals well while really delivering a fresh film for new movie goers to see. Freddy was a mixed movie for me but I liked a darker Freddy, Friday 13th was a real blast though and The Hills Have Eyes was really good fun too, and I really enjoyed Rob Zombie's Halloween. (But I am a huge Zombie fan).

 

Though a sequel, the latest Halloween movie was really good, plus I've recently read Tony Todd is due to bring The Candyman back next year. That I cannot wait for. Like Jigsaw, he had such a threatening voice that oozes dread and horror.

 

Speaking of Jigsaw/Saw, Chris Rock is apparently writing/producing a movie called The Organ Donor with Samuel L. Jackson starring alongside Chris, and it's set in the Saw franchise. Didn't see that coming, lol. Gotta be better than Jigsaw... ;)

 

Loved me some Herbie growing up too. These days, I can really drive the Mrs nuts when ITV4 puts one on, I just gotta. 🤣👍

Edited by Lonely-Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Billy Russo
6 hours ago, SonOfLiberty said:

-I pretty much like every modern remake of classic horror movies like Friday The 13th, Halloween, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre etc. Some are obviously better than others, but I can't think of one I honestly disliked.

Same here. In fact, in many ways I think the remakes did things better than the originals. People really get caught up in nostalgia. I even enjoyed the Nightmare on Elm Street remake and I'm a huge fan of the original films (I even liked the cheesy sequels). The remake brought a lot of different things to the table and tried, even though not everything worked I'm happy it wasn't just an exact copy. It's why I appreciate Rob Zombie's Halloween as well, the beginning part and a deeper look in to younger Michael Myers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SonOfLiberty
16 hours ago, Billy Russo said:

Same here. In fact, in many ways I think the remakes did things better than the originals. People really get caught up in nostalgia. I even enjoyed the Nightmare on Elm Street remake and I'm a huge fan of the original films (I even liked the cheesy sequels). The remake brought a lot of different things to the table and tried, even though not everything worked I'm happy it wasn't just an exact copy. It's why I appreciate Rob Zombie's Halloween as well, the beginning part and a deeper look in to younger Michael Myers.

I have to admit the Rob Zombie Halloween movies didn't grab me immediately and I just thought they were typical torture pr0n like horror movies, but on subsequent viewings I started to appreciate they fleshed out Michael. Some may argue this would probably remove the mystique from his character and he just grows up being a killer from a traumatized childhood whereas as in the original he just kills for the sake of killing, but I don't mind it and it puts on a different spin. 

 

With A Nightmare On Elm Street I'm glad they removed the goofy humour and made Freddy feel more like a genuine burn victim and in some strange kind of way I actually felt a bit for him. I agree though nostalgia clouds the mind too much. I enjoy the classics for what they are and the modern interpretations for refreshing and old idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Billy Russo
10 hours ago, SonOfLiberty said:

I have to admit the Rob Zombie Halloween movies didn't grab me immediately and I just thought they were typical torture pr0n like horror movies, but on subsequent viewings I started to appreciate they fleshed out Michael. Some may argue this would probably remove the mystique from his character and he just grows up being a killer from a traumatized childhood whereas as in the original he just kills for the sake of killing, but I don't mind it and it puts on a different spin. 

 

With A Nightmare On Elm Street I'm glad they removed the goofy humour and made Freddy feel more like a genuine burn victim and in some strange kind of way I actually felt a bit for him. I agree though nostalgia clouds the mind too much. I enjoy the classics for what they are and the modern interpretations for refreshing and old idea.

Always thought this part was better than the originals. Just so dark.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Outlaw Biker Viking
Posted (edited)

Another TV/Movie confession that I’d like to make is that I actually like Teen Titans Go! A LOT more than the 2003-2006 Teen Titans! I think that the 2003-2006 Teen Titans is overrated, but on the good-bad scale, just okay. Nothing good (especially not like how everyone thinks it’s just fantastic), but still nothing bad. Yes, I know Teen Titans Go! is a rather kiddish cartoon but I’m admittedly quite chicken sh*t when it comes to a lot of high action DC and Marvel superhero stuff. I just can’t stand it whenever it’s so thriller-like or dramatic. I just like DC and Marvel superhero stuff to be more lighthearted and comedic, which is what I love about Teen Titans Go! It’s kind of hypocritical on my part but hey, everyone is a hypocrite in their own way. I just have different standards for different types of TV and movies. I’m pretty much the same way with video games.

 

There is ONLY ONE thing I like better about the 2003-2006 Teen Titans, and that is their theme song. It’s a quite better and catchier tune than TTG’s IMO.

Edited by ThatKyloRenGuy
I just wanted to add a little more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Billy Russo

I think found footage films are pretty fun. Some people hate the shaky cam, but I don't mind it. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of trash, and I mean a lot. But there is some definite hidden gems. What is great about found footage is if you have a competent director and cast, you can get really immersed in the film as it feels like a more 'real' type of experience. The Hollywood type of Horror films are less scary because it's all polished and so obviously a film that it's hard to get immersed.

 

I watched this film called Hell House LLC a while back and it was one of the scariest films I've ever seen. The found footage aspect only added to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LCLegend

I prefer Martin Scorsese's Casino over Goodfellas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Billy Russo

I'm really not a fan of watching movies with other people. I can't get immersed properly, I can't pause when I want, you have to deal with sometimes rude people.

 

The best way to watch movies IMO is lights out, by yourself, headphones on (if possible), snacks and you can get fully immersed and not have to worry about anybody else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LCLegend
18 hours ago, Billy Russo said:

I'm really not a fan of watching movies with other people. I can't get immersed properly, I can't pause when I want, you have to deal with sometimes rude people.

 

The best way to watch movies IMO is lights out, by yourself, headphones on (if possible), snacks and you can get fully immersed and not have to worry about anybody else.

The immersion thing affects me particularly with horror films. Sometimes these sh*ts can turn into a comedy if you're with the right people.

But I agree with you, I like to watch pretty much any movie alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SonOfLiberty
On 10/13/2019 at 11:52 PM, Billy Russo said:

I'm really not a fan of watching movies with other people. I can't get immersed properly, I can't pause when I want, you have to deal with sometimes rude people.

 

The best way to watch movies IMO is lights out, by yourself, headphones on (if possible), snacks and you can get fully immersed and not have to worry about anybody else.

Couldn't agree more. It's ok when you go to the cinema with other people (because going by yourself just makes you look like a loser), but at home I always watch movies by myself. For me it's not so much immersion, but more I just find it distracting and if they start whining that they don't like it or constantly disturb like wanting to go to the toilet and keep pausing it just takes me out of it.

 

The only people I like to watch with are good friends who have the same tastes in movies I do and I know they'll watch it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Billy Russo
2 hours ago, SonOfLiberty said:

Couldn't agree more. It's ok when you go to the cinema with other people (because going by yourself just makes you look like a loser), but at home I always watch movies by myself. For me it's not so much immersion, but more I just find it distracting and if they start whining that they don't like it or constantly disturb like wanting to go to the toilet and keep pausing it just takes me out of it.

 

The only people I like to watch with are good friends who have the same tastes in movies I do and I know they'll watch it. 

Yeah, I'm always concerned on if they are enjoying it as much as I am. I have a friend that pulls his phone out when he's clearly not enjoying it, and it ruins the film for me as well. Doesn't help he's got the attention span of a goldfish. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25

^Agreed. I watch movies for myself the first time. If they're good and I may wanna re-watch them later, I watch them with a close friend. Good to see how others react and have some discussions the second time. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.