Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

American Venom

Movie/TV confessions *may contain spoilers*

Recommended Posts

Jerking For Soup
8 minutes ago, Miamivicecity said:

Pulp Fiction is a masterpiece IMO. One of the reasons I love GTA IV/EFLC is the Pulp Fiction esque structure.

I think the most Pulp Fiction way to play IV/EFLC would be TLAD - IV - TBOGT. TLAD being the Vincent/Mia parts (can have parallels with Johnny/Ashley), IV being the Gold Watch (Niko winning the game like Butch does, some shocking character deaths from TLAD and the most important story) and TBOGT which signs the game off in the best possible way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
3 hours ago, Miamivicecity said:

Pulp Fiction is a masterpiece IMO. One of the reasons I love GTA IV/EFLC is the Pulp Fiction esque structure.

Best movie I've ever seen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
American Venom
2 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Best movie I've ever seen. 

What's your favourite scene out of curiosity? Mine's when Vincent and Mia dance at Jack Rabbit Slims.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
32 minutes ago, Miamivicecity said:

What's your favourite scene out of curiosity? Mine's when Vincent and Mia dance at Jack Rabbit Slims.

"WHAT?" 😉

Pretty much the whole movie is such a joy to watch so it's hard to pick but SLJ killed it in that scene. Every conversation him and Vincent have is awesome. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
American Venom
4 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

"WHAT?" 😉

Pretty much the whole movie is such a joy to watch so it's hard to pick but SLJ killed it in that scene. Every conversation him and Vincent have is awesome. 

I know it's hard to pick one.😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTAgamerWyald

I've still yet too see pulp fiction despite being so popular. 

 

Anyways I've recently watched Sergio Leone's magnum opus movies, good bad, and ugly and Once upon a time in the west. These probably have some of the best directing I've seen in films. I can see the many influences these had on both red dead games. 

 

Also f*ck black swan, it is a poor rip off of perfect blue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin

Huge Tarantino fan here. True Romance and Natural Born Killers too really, Dusk till Dawn and Desperado I like too.

 

Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, the lot, lol. I just love his flicks and style. The man knows his movies from his past so well and often brings the best out in actors. Micheal Madsen being one I don't like in other stuff, but in Resevior Dogs, he really comes into his own I feel.

 

At present, Django and The Hateful Eight are high on my list too, I just found them captivating with the dialogue, scenery, and music. Inglorious too, Christoph Waltz really is fantastic in his roles. Leonardo DiCaprio in Django (and damn near anything, lol. Especially a Scorsese movie), I love that dude. Ha-ha.

 

Looking forward to Tarantino's next, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood too, can't wait for that as the Charles Manson/Mansion Family stuff has been a topic of interest for a long time through my penchant for true crime. I hope it's another steller offering. :) 

Edited by Lonely-Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arnold Stallone

I dislike the amount of CGI and shaky cam that today's movies, particularly action movies use.

It's at the point where I rather just play video games because while it is computer generated at least I get to be in control of the action and the camera is not going out of control while I play.

In my opinion movies from the 80s and 90s were better to what Hollywood makes now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
Posted (edited)

 

Yep I f*cking hate the shaky camera. Let me "see" what's happening. It's just a cheap way to cover up their poor action scenes and it adds nothing to the immersion. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
American Venom
18 hours ago, Arnold Stallone said:

In my opinion movies from the 80s and 90s were better to what Hollywood makes now.

I prefer to be more opened minded than that. It's just like when people claim old video games are better than new ones because the mindset is old = good and new = crap. It's not to say you can't hold that opinion, but it just feels like an unfair generalistion because not all modern Hollywood movies are bad and not all 80s/90s movies are great.

 

Infact outside of a handful of 80s/90s movies that still hold up well today I'd say most really show their age from cringe worthy acting, weak scripts, overly simplistic plots, barren character development etc. I still watch movies I remember growing up in the 90s and thinking they were the best things ever, but watching them many years later well into adulthood has made me realise they were mostly products of their time. NOT because they were ever actually great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arnold Stallone
8 minutes ago, Miamivicecity said:

I prefer to be more opened minded than that. It's just like when people claim old video games are better than new ones because the mindset is old = good and new = crap. It's not to say you can't hold that opinion, but it just feels like an unfair generalistion because not all modern Hollywood movies are bad and not all 80s/90s movies are great.

 

Infact outside of a handful of 80s/90s movies that still hold up well today I'd say most really show their age from cringe worthy acting, weak scripts, overly simplistic plots, barren character development etc. I still watch movies I remember growing up in the 90s and thinking they were the best things ever, but watching them many years later well into adulthood has made me realise they were mostly products of their time. NOT because they were ever actually great.

Perhaps.  But I just discover movies from the 80s and 90s that I have never seen before all the time so I know it's not just nostalgia talking that I enjoy just because I prefer the style they had. Longer takes, in my opinion better dialogue(Just my opinion) and more practical effects which look more realistic than any CGI.

 

One of my favorite directors of all time Brian De Palma who as I'm sure a hardcore fan of Vice City knows made Scarface commented on the state of movies today and said basically the reason they are not as good as they used to be is because directors do not have the power to be as creative as they did in the passed and it is just studio executives running the show in a much more factory like way.

 

But hey I'm not trying to put anyone's taste down if anyone likes the more chaotic style of today's movies that cool I'm just an older Michael De Santa type who likes sitting around and having 80s training montage fantasies :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
American Venom
5 minutes ago, Arnold Stallone said:

Perhaps.  But I just discover movies from the 80s and 90s that I have never seen before all the time so I know it's not just nostalgia talking that I enjoy just because I prefer the style they had. Longer takes, in my opinion better dialogue(Just my opinion) and more practical effects which look more realistic than any CGI.

 

One of my favorite directors of all time Brian De Palma who as I'm sure a hardcore fan of Vice City knows made Scarface commented on the state of movies today and said basically the reason they are not as good as they used to be is because directors do not have the power to be as creative as they did in the passed and it is just studio executives running the show in a much more factory like way.

 

But hey I'm not trying to put anyone's taste down if anyone likes the more chaotic style of today's movies that cool I'm just an older Michael De Santa type who likes sitting around and having 80s training montage fantasies :D

 

Oh that's fair enough. Actually I miss practical effects too, but I guess CGI is more cost effective and less of a liability (Not needing stunt doubles).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Femme Fatale

I didn't get the "I am you" joke from Rush Hour 3 until much later. I assumed that the joke was that the old guy was just messing with Chris Tucker's head, lol.

Edited by Femme Fatale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.