3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Multiplayer Client Development

CaptKneeBrace

CaptKneeBrace

So I want to start out making a mod like FiveM but I want to keep it to myself for me and my friends to use. I want to have it basically open. And ask what IP you want to connect to and of course I want a lightweight server too.... I want to to be able to run single player mods. I understand the same mods will have to be installed on all the computers but I would think the server would keep them in sync

... It be nice if someone could give me some guidence on where to start or maybe someone already started a mod like this and has the basics done that I could work with that be amazing but I really just need some help! Thanks in advance!!

InfamousSabre

Ehhhhh, you don't "start" with something like this. In other words: you're in over your head. Make some other stuff first.

Uhm, you cant start with a mod like this, just start with small things, like maybe a notification above the map or something lol. That's how i started off :p. I recommend C#, its very easy.

Notification Above the Map: In C#

UI.Notify("Hello World!");

If you need help add me on skype:

Skype ID: isofxyt

:)

Edited by ISOFX

So I want to start out making a mod like FiveM but I want to keep it to myself for me and my friends to use. I want to have it basically open. And ask what IP you want to connect to and of course I want a lightweight server too.... I want to to be able to run single player mods. I understand the same mods will have to be installed on all the computers but I would think the server would keep them in sync

... It be nice if someone could give me some guidence on where to start or maybe someone already started a mod like this and has the basics done that I could work with that be amazing but I really just need some help! Thanks in advance!!

I definitely not recommend that, I think, (if you don't a language, that is) learn either a .net language, or c++. Even if you do want to make a mod like that, then it isn't going to be a simple script. You're going to have to set up a server through which you could obtain information like the players' models or positions or headings or cars and whatnot. And then you will have to apply those things to each of the players games. Not an easy task. So, I suggest u use ScriptHookVDotnet cause it has lots of functions build in. Experiment and see what crazy things you can do! Go on to their github page they have a wiki there for starting off and stuff. And also, for keeping mods in sync, the mod creator would have to make it compatible as for your part you're doing everything for the in build functions but other mods work in their own environment. So, other people would have to make their mod compatible with your mod (I don't know how :p) Edited by AHK1221

ScriptHookVDotnet is enough faster for use as MP mod ? ScriptHookV is in C++ and may be faster for make a MP mod, no?

Edited by nostrora

ScriptHookVDotnet is enough faster for use as MP mod ? ScriptHookV is in C++ and may be faster for make a MP mod, no?

ScriptHookVDotNet is C++ too but in .NET . And yes using "native" C++ with ScriptHookV will be better for this type of mod. (Execution speed and possibilities)

I agree with them. I have started modding a couple of days ago as well (.net). I didnt have any knowledge of c# and the know-how is pretty hard to get. I suggest you start with properly spawning a prop or something. If any other starting modders want to exchange information, let me know!

By the way you could just set up your own server in The Gta co-op mod? (at gta5-mods.com)

CaptKneeBrace

By the way you could just set up your own server in The Gta co-op mod? (at gta5-mods.com)

That would be nice but I have tried with 2 computers on the same network both had about 5ms ping and it was still laggy as hell

qiangqiang101

That would be nice but I have tried with 2 computers on the same network both had about 5ms ping and it was still laggy as hell

did you try cat6?

CaptKneeBrace

did you try cat6?

what do you mean cat6?