Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,095 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Homemade Dynamite

Forza Horizon 3

livejoker

Been going at this paint for the past week. Charmander made by Maxxi, Girl made by Pineapple (Forza Discord dude). I'll list what I did do:

-Rising Sun on front panel (actually rusted up but doesn't show on pics that well)
-City Buildings/clouds
-logos on rear bumper (except plate)
-90% of the rust work, 1-2 aren't mine
-88's logo on the right side of the car

Tune is a drift tune by some other dude on the Forza discord. A group project sort of thing. I'm LOVING this car, like, a LOT. Also, stock/sport turbo sounds way better than the race one, in my opinion, so I've started using the sport one instead despite the loss of power. At least for drift/cruise cars where speed doesn't really matter.

whaxHMr.png

LknrlF7.png

G6E77y4.png

Edited by livejoker

HaRdSTyLe_83

I'd be quick to point the finger if I was having problems with a game that's had known issues like that since Day 1...

the game had issues, and they were mostly fixed, a few stutters here and there but crashing is not something that i ever had in this game in any of my systems

@update_lsc keeps pointing out the unoptimized game but never says what system he has, and i doubt its even close to any 9 series, most likely a low gtx 7'series pared with an outdated cpu aswell

TheMcSame

the game had issues, and they were mostly fixed, a few stutters here and there but crashing is not something that i ever had in this game in any of my systems

@update_lsc keeps pointing out the unoptimized game but never says what system he has, and i doubt its even close to any 9 series, most likely a low gtx 7'series pared with an outdated cpu aswell

Ah yes... Because your few systems are such a perfect representation of the entire community...

There are STILL people posting about crashing issues on the official forums and there are STILL T10 employees trying to figure out what's causing the issue. To say there aren't any issues with it now is like me saying world hunger doesn't exist because I'm not hungry...

Dock

Hah, the game still crashes occasionally, locks up in the Autoshow (and usually messes up vehicle parts too in the process like putting RWB wheels and stance on a default 993), all on my 1080 Ti rig so I'd say there is some validity to his claim even if he may not have a "modern" rig.

Audi

I get random stutters (very rare but still worth noting) and it will freeze on occasion at the auction house after buying a car or after tuning a car. I usually restart the game and the changes are saved anyways, but still inconvenient.

Slasher

The game is still poorly optimised for the PC platform, I'm not sure how you can deny that. So far it hasn't even been about the specs, for whatever reason the game stutters and crashes for many people even if their specs suprasses the recommended ones.

FH3 is one of the best racing games on PC, but it's clear that Playground games failed to deliver a good PC port.

The Hoonigan car pack is sick, been loving the RX7 and '55 Chevy.

I wish they would bring that kind of customization to the actual game thoughhmmlloH.png

Edited by Slasher

HaRdSTyLe_83

Ah yes... Because your few systems are such a perfect representation of the entire community...

There are STILL people posting about crashing issues on the official forums and there are STILL T10 employees trying to figure out what's causing the issue. To say there aren't any issues with it now is like me saying world hunger doesn't exist because I'm not hungry...

my few systems are a gtx 750, a gtx 970 and a gtx 1080, so yes to your question. the 970 is still one of the most used gpus

The game is still poorly optimised for the PC platform, I'm not sure how you can deny that. So far it hasn't even been about the specs, for whatever reason the game stutters and crashes for many people even if their specs suprasses the recommended ones.

one stutter during 5 minutes is that something to b*tch about? its not more nor less then any other game. the only thing that pisses me off in horizon3 is going after the barn finds that sometimes after the dialogue they just stand there forever

update_lsc

I'd be quick to point the finger if I was having problems with a game that's had known issues like that since Day 1...

4690k and 970 are outdated? alrighty.

wanna know something funny? a friend of mine used to have two 6 core xeons, and two r390s. guess what, the game ran like sh*t on his pc. huh, weird. since it's so well optimized. but right, two 390s are definitely weak and outdated.

the game HAS issues. hell, the game itself is an issue, actually. since you fail to understand that just because it runs well on your rig, doesn't mean it runs well on the majority of systems.

oh, btw, as well isn't one word. such a dumb mistake.

Edited by update_lsc

TheMcSame

my few systems are a gtx 750, a gtx 970 and a gtx 1080, so yes to your question. the 970 is still one of the most used gpus

Wasn't a question mate.

The fact is that there are STILL plenty of people having to put up with an issue, that's been an issue since day 1. There are STILL people bitching about this very problem on T10's fourms. There are STILL developers trying to find out what's causing the issue (why would they be looking into it if it wasn't an issue?).

Again... Just because you're not having issues, it doesn't mean other people aren't... What you're doing is comparable to me saying that world hunger doesn't exist because I'm not hungry.

Edited by TheMcSame

Algonquin Assassin

I really like the Hoonigan pack. The 55 Bel Air gasser is f*cking awesome,

Slasher

Wasn't a question mate.

The fact is that there are STILL plenty of people having to put up with an issue, that's been an issue since day 1. There are STILL people bitching about this very problem on T10's fourms. There are STILL developers trying to find out what's causing the issue (why would they be looking into it if it wasn't an issue?).

Again... Just because you're not having issues, it doesn't mean other people aren't... What you're doing is comparable to me saying that world hunger doesn't exist because I'm not hungry.

but muh gayme NEVUR STUTTERS AND CRASHUS so ur wrnog and probebly hev BAAAD PC RIG

HaRdSTyLe_83

@slasher you are acting like a child, i have the same system as he does (6600k and a gtx970) if you read the posts at all, and im not going to stoop to your level or start apologizing for not having the same issues as some does

livejoker

Hey, not to, like, be a prick or anything but this argument will never have a winner.

Anyway, I did a thing.

Also, I doubt anyone will see this in time but there's a CHILL DRIFT SESH MEET in 3 HOURS from THIS POST. No classes, just show up and drift. Hit me up in PM if interested.

0IKYJ1h.png?1

ToXpmhY.png?1

vupDKvd.png?1

Slasher

takes one to know one dawg. No idea why you're talking about apologizing. You could've just said the game runs fine for you and moved on.

You literally proved his point then. You got the same specs as him yet the performance isn't the same, the performance is inconsistent. That's just one of the issues people have with this game lmao

This ArGuMeNt might not have a winner but at least I'm the king of stooping

9kTS5JZ.png

Dock

Now I should have seen this coming, but I started the game and exited the Autoshow only to be greeted by Motorsport 7's Trailer + Buy Now options. This was honestly pretty annoying to me, advertising in a game we've paid for. Yes, its part of the franchise but come on, anyone who wants FM7 will have gotten it or will eventually get it; it has no place being plastered across my screen unwillingly when I'm trying to play a game I paid $50 for, even if they are trying to reach a new audience. It felt tacky (?) for lack of a better term.

On a more positive note, the new Forzathon is up, Flying Lizard RSR included :) Stock S2 class.

Maxxi

Did somebody say Hoonigan pack?

KFTumgz.jpg

gfY6M5E.jpg

Dealux

Regarding the performance issues on PC, there are indeed some problems with some systems. It runs quite well on mine for the most part but I have to enable dynamic optimization and I still get some occasional slowdown (as seen in the video below). The game seems to be more optimized for high-end current generation GPUs.

Maxxi

Classics are always a beautiful photo subject.

OCWMlHs.jpg

YqFUdEI.jpg

4dqe3PC.jpg

AWbjfQH.jpg

5bhMgYy.jpg

5dMBkLt.jpg

Edited by Maxxi

Dealux

I started playing Forza games with zero assists recently (except for ABS, automatic gears, and breaking line) and I have to say it's way more enjoyable to drive this way. Cars are not as difficult to control as I thought they would be. Maybe it's because I have been playing these games for over a year now and gotten used to the physics but I also disliked that cars didn't turn very well with TCS and STM. The next step would be to get a steering wheel (probably next year) and play with manual transmission (or semi-automatic rather).

Maxxi

I started playing Forza games with zero assists recently (except for ABS, automatic gears, and breaking line) and I have to say it's way more enjoyable to drive this way. Cars are not as difficult to control as I thought they would be. Maybe it's because I have been playing these games for over a year now and gotten used to the physics but I also disliked that cars didn't turn very well with TCS and STM. The next step would be to get a steering wheel (probably next year) and play with manual transmission (or semi-automatic rather).

playing with Manual can give you more control over the gear shifting, and allows you to shift when necessary, as opposed to it shifting itself at certain RPMs. This can help you entering and exiting corners, and improve overall acceleration.

HaRdSTyLe_83

been thinking about getting a steering wheel aswell (the logitech G920) but they can get very expensive and the racing games that i play are not that many that can justify spending 260$.

Dealux

260 is not much. I was looking at some Thrustmaster wheels.

HaRdSTyLe_83

260 is not much. I was looking at some Thrustmaster wheels.

depends on the point of view. 300 bucks for a steering wheel or something that im going to use 2-3 hours per week is alot. spending 800$ for a Gpu or a flat screen that im using 3 hours per day maybe its not that mutch.

Dealux

The cheap ones are generally crap.

TheMcSame

Yeah, that's the problem with wheels, cheap ones are crap and the good ones are only worth buying if you've got a lot of cash on the side, or if you're really into the whole sim racing/driving thing.

Audi

Yeah i'm on the fence with wheels. Really want one but can't justify the cost considering I barely play any racing game.

Dock

I've been using the Logitech DFGT so far, its not perfect for FH3 but it gets the job done pretty well (it doesn't have a clutch though, hmph). I'd suggest you try picking up one of the old Logitech G27s, they were really good wheels (you might want to research if they work with FH3 first though of course).

And leaving cars simple is always nice:

5lcFT70.jpg

6rN9EqU.jpg

I bought this R32 from the AH for like 10k credits I guess; it was kitted out in Forza Aero and came with 1000+ HP going out to S2 | 940-ish :lol: 10 skill points later I've set it back to A | 800 and riding on some BBS RS-GTs.

Edited by LevelDockSix

Noale

I built a setup just for FH3 with custom mounting for the shifter and a full custom aluminum handbrake. It's alright, I guess. Used it for about an hour before I got lazy and switched back to a controller. :lol: Now it's just gathering dust since I've stopped playing FH3 entirely.

4YFvQ2F.jpg

iupOQCO.jpg

GCc8tPc.jpg

sZqwP5Y.jpg

Ivan1997GTA

That looks freaking cool! If only Microsoft made an arcade cabinet version of Forza Motorsport or Horizon...

Dealux

You must be one of those people who have money lying around. That looks really nice but you'd get more out of it by playing the Motorsport series. The Horizon games have physics that are a bit more basic.