2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

What is your favorite activity in GTA V?

Sonnу

What is your favorite activity in GTA V?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Multiple choice is allowed!

• Golf
    • Tennis
    • Darts
    • Triathlons
    • Shooting Range
    • Just driving/walking
    • Vanilla Unicorn and/or hookers
    • Shootouts with police/gangs
    • Looking for secrets/easter eggs, investigating myths etc.
    • Defending the game from angry IV fans on GTAF
    • Love all of them
    • Hate all of them
    • Yoga
    • Cinema
    • Hunting
    • Playing with Chop
    • BMXing
    • Base Jumping

WARNING: There is NO "Trolling V fans" option in this poll despite the fact that this is one of the favorite activities of many people here, so, if you wanna make fun of yoga or something else, you chose WRONG thread!

So, my personal favorites are:

Tennis;

Just driving/walking;

Vanilla Unicorn and hookers.

The second one is my favorite in all GTAs actually. But in V, it is much more great than in any other installment. So many cool vehicles and the map is so huge, detailed and beautiful so I can spend hours exploring it and taking pictures (screenshots)!

Edited by Sonny3787

The Dedito Gae

Logging in gtaf and talking about the game.

Driving out into the wilderness with the radio off and enjoying the sights and sounds around me. I like to walk the trails as well, very calming and peaceful. The countryside has become a major contributor to the enjoyment in this series for me.

IiKihFW.png

Maibatsu545

I'd say walking around in first person, it's pretty fun to just wander about and soak in the details.

The Ghost 206

Not going to lie but tennis is really fun well to me. I just wish you can play with more people other then Amanda. Playing with Lamar would be mad funny haha

• Like 2

The Dedito Gae

^^^Actually, i played tennis with Lamar once, he was wearing a bugged polo and didn't had hips.

Franklin didn't changed his clothes tho.

WARNING: There is NO "Trolling V fans" option in this poll despite the fact that this is one of the favorite activities of many people here, so, if you wanna make fun of yoga or something else, you chose WRONG thread!

Sonny, I like you and agree with most of what you say about GTA games, including V and IV. But you don't learn!

You create a poll like this where you give an "I hate all of them" option and then you tell people not to troll your thread?

Seriously, dude, this is NOT going to end well. I promise. :lol:

On Topic, I voted for all the activities I enjoy.

Edited by ChiroVette

Algonquin Assassin

Playing GTA IV because it's better than everything on this list.;)

Anyway out of the options probably tennis. It's quite well done for what it is.

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

The Dedito Gae

You're such a IV troll.
  • Like 8

PhillBellic

Going Bowling. Oh Sh*t! Wrong Game.

OT: Driving around the Map using Modded PPV's.

I love all of them, but just like in previous GTA's walking/driving is my thing.

• Like 2

I've never really gotten into actual golfing games like PGA Tour, but I've spent a lot of time in the golf minigame in V.

To this day, I still haven't been fortunate enough to sink a hole in one. :^(

• Like 1

theGTAking101

Not an official activity, but my favorite current thing to do is go on Duke O' Death rampages.

Another thing is standing on an overpass and sniping people driving on the freeway and watching them crash. It's super funny when they explode.

• Like 2

CarlitoDorito

The golf. It's surprisingly relaxing, and you can hit other players with the ball.

Also currently listening to peds. That never ends.

Edited by CarlitoDorito

Defending the game from angry IV fans on GTAF

Never knew this is part of the game...

Driving around seems to be the most interesting thing to do, compared to other activity options in the game.

Edited by Leo2301
  • Like 3

During the PS3 sessions, I used to enjoy driving/walking/exploring and emgaging in shootouts with the police/gangs.

On PC, additionally, the modding potential open up a lot of emergent gameplay and room for player creativity with optional changes to the game, which is fun.

You're such a IV troll.Wouldn't that affect his ability to moderate equally and fairly?

Official General

Creating shootouts between rival gangs.

Just driving and walking around leads the poll as an activity in this game ? Wow, that just says it all, how far this series has come. Lol what the f*ck happened here ?

Edited by Official General
  • Like 3

Fuzzknuckles

Just driving and walking leads the poll as an activity in this game ? Wow, that just says it all, how far this series has come. Lol what the f*ck happened here ?

Do you have a problem with other people's opinions? Because you seem to claim you don't almost daily, right before slamming other people's opinions.

So anyways, I voted for everything except hate them all. There's so much to do in this game beyond being a criminal. That just encapsulates the game's ambition for me, that it is so much more than it was ten years ago. And I love how salty people are about their own inability to welcome change. I'm glad that this game goes beyond being a gangster and gives me so many of the things that were seen in the background in previous games but were never implemented. It's so refreshing to have a game that doesn't take itself seriously and continues to redefine itself. It's just a shame there's so many snobs that feel it should always be one specific thing.

• Like 2
Signatures are dumb anyway.

Official General

Just driving and walking leads the poll as an activity in this game ? Wow, that just says it all, how far this series has come. Lol what the f*ck happened here ?

Do you have a problem with other people's opinions? Because you seem to claim you don't almost daily, right before slamming other people's opinions.

So anyways, I voted for everything except hate them all. There's so much to do in this game beyond being a criminal. That just encapsulates the game's ambition for me, that it is so much more than it was ten years ago. And I love how salty people are about their own inability to welcome change. I'm glad that this game goes beyond being a gangster and gives me so many of the things that were seen in the background in previous games but were never implemented. It's so refreshing to have a game that doesn't take itself seriously and continues to redefine itself. It's just a shame there's so many snobs that feel it should always be one specific thing.

Of course I don't. Just expressing my opinion on the poll and reflecting on the strange change of trend among GTA fan's tastes.

No disrespect.

• Like 1

"Defending the game from angry IV fans on GTAF"?

Why isn't there an option "Criticizing the overrated GTA V on GTAF"?

Anyway, I'd probably choose golf in GTA Online, I had some fun in it with friends of mine.

• Like 5

Except that "just exploring" has been a celebrated activity in GTA games for 16 years, starting with GTA III.

Admittedly Sonny probably could have phrased it differently than just "driving and walking" but just because it is a self-styled or unofficial activity does not make it less of one. For the record, San Andreas is still amazing to do this in, twelve years later!

Fuzzknuckles

The irony here is that walking and driving is being ridiculed here, when his own favourite activity is a non-game activity that involves just interacting with the world. Which is the exact same which those who enjoy exploring the world (aka walking and driving) are doing. Hypocrisy truly is a great luxury.

Official General

Except that "just exploring" has been a celebrated activity in GTA games for 16 years, starting with GTA III.

Admittedly Sonny probably could have phrased it differently than just "driving and walking" but just because it is a self-styled or unofficial activity does not make it less of one. For the record, San Andreas is still amazing to do this in, twelve years later!

Errrm, I've heard quite a number of people on here claim that is their favourite activity in V. This just further cements my reasons for expressing astonishment that in a GTA game, that's the main popular activity to do outside of the story.

We can definitely agree on one thing though - San Andreas has a ton of things to do, despite its now very old age. I'm on only my 2nd playthrough since I first played back in 2004, and man, I can't believe how much I've forgotten that this game has what feels like endless good things to do outside of the story.

• Like 1

Fuzzknuckles

Ah look, another excuse to push the San An is better rhetoric while neatly sidestepping the hypocrisy.

It's OK, OG, you like to do non-scripted game activities. You share my view now. You are starting to learn how to do things without the game holding your hand. It's taken a long time, but you're finally getting it.

Official General

Ah look, another excuse to push the San An is better rhetoric while neatly sidestepping the hypocrisy.

It's OK, OG, you like to do non-scripted game activities. You share my view now. You are starting to learn how to do things without the game holding your hand. It's taken a long time, but you're finally getting it.

Of course I do, I always have done in GTA - but it's an even better experience when I have a decent amount of good features and content to carry out these non-scripted activities. SA does this brilliantly, however V does this very poorly, so in V I just gotta work with what little I got - but it certainly ain't puff powder bullsh*t like just walking or driving around. However, sadly it seems that driving and walking around is now one of the main non-scripted activities to be done in V, due to the lack of features to generate enough non/scripted crime-related stuff.

And yes, I've definitely pushed the self-proclaimed fact, and popular opinion that factually SA is better than V.

Edited by Official General
  • Like 1

chilleverest

Id say trucking but thats really not an option in the OT or in the game, but i get a better trucking experience in the original san andreas than in los santos. There is just something off about the map that hinders me from that true trucking experience. The only section i feel like trucking is from paleto bay to submarine pier (property).

Fuzzknuckles

Do the pedals on your bike only go backwards, OG?

And yes, I've definitely pushed the self-proclaimed fact, and popular opinion that factually SA is better than V.

I'm really struggling with the meaning of this sentence. It's so wonderfully self-contradicting.

There's nothing powder-puff about walking and driving in GTA games, that's probably why it's, you know, an open world game, which allows you to do both, in a gloriously realised world that encourages players to look around and experience the world outside of the game. If this was powder-puff bullsh*t (whatever that means) and not an underlying feature in all of the many GTA games released over the years, they would have gone down the Driver route and never let you get out of the car.

Sorry friendo, I just don't buy the nonsense you're peddling this time.

"Defending the game from angry IV fans on GTAF"?

Why isn't there an option "Criticizing the overrated GTA V on GTAF"?

Anyway, I'd probably choose golf in GTA Online, I had some fun in it with friends of mine.

Because the Poll is biased as hell. The OP is pretty childish, I remember his last thread lol.

On Topic: Tennis was fun I guess.

• Like 3