3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Versus Missions - Tips & Discussion

darkgreenmeme

darkgreenmeme

"There's a dirty cop driving around in central Los Santos, looking to sell LSPD CI files to the highest bidder. No one trusts the cop, so the two interested parties have hired teams to the files however they can. Once a team has the briefcase, they need to deliver it, avoiding any heat."

Versus mission, 2-16 players, opens at R3

[GTA Wiki][Social Club]

Feel free to discuss your favorite methods and techniques for playing this mission, and disseminate any information about how the mission might change between updates.

darkgreenmeme

It seems the versus missions are getting played this week, due to double RP and $.

My friends like to play this one. Once you get the briefcase, my "trick" is to enter the subway tunnel near the Alta apartments and go through downtown underground, come out by the LS river and get to the dropoff spot. This usually works, unless your opponent realizes what you are doing and comes after you in the tunnels, or waits by the exit.

I never played it before

My friends like to play this one. Once you get the briefcase, my "trick" is to enter the subway tunnel near the Alta apartments and go through downtown underground, come out by the LS river and get to the dropoff spot. This usually works, unless your opponent realizes what you are doing and comes after you in the tunnels, or waits by the exit.

If you are playing against a smart player, keep an eye on his\her movements on the map. If his\her behavior looks suspicious, be careful. S\He might be booby trapping the Sewer's entrance at the LS river, so start looking for alternative routes.

Phantomspirit

This can be absolutely hilarious to play ,so much fun with a number of players,sadly rarely see it as its a low level mission...

• Like 1

darkgreenmeme

I played this one today, the host had set the mode to owned weapons. The briefcase slowly moved in between the frequent car bombings. Just loads of fun.

Tails Prower

I am 50/50 with Crooked Cop, I like the idea of this versus mission in that it's so unpredictable but in practice it's too

difficult to actually play in a large group.

The usual I experience is get the cop off the bike no problem then everyone arrives and starts wasting each other then the cops

show up and due to the number of cops/cop cars that spawn I tend to find the mission slows to a crawl or my internet connection

struggles with it so I have to stay away from the main battle that is going on.

Nobody has ever really used the underground sewer in any time I've played this so am going to make a note of that in future.

Has Double RP/Versus missions actually finished as I still seem to have them ongoing at present?

darkgreenmeme

I am 50/50 with Crooked Cop, I like the idea of this versus mission in that it's so unpredictable but in practice it's too

The usual I experience is get the cop off the bike no problem then everyone arrives and starts wasting each other then the cops

show up and due to the number of cops/cop cars that spawn I tend to find the mission slows to a crawl or my internet connection

Was this on current gen? When I played it, it was a decently large group of 9, and I didn't notice any framerate drops while the cops showed up. I got quite a few drive-by kills on players on the other team that didn't try to move while they were getting shot though.

Has Double RP/Versus missions actually finished as I still seem to have them ongoing at present?

Nope, it was over on the 10th. The rumor is that the next DLC will drop on the 15th, so we will probably see a lot more events after that.

Tails Prower

Was this on current gen? When I played it, it was a decently large group of 9, and I didn't notice any framerate drops while the cops showed up. I got quite a few drive-by kills on players on the other team that didn't try to move while they were getting shot though.

Nope, it was over on the 10th. The rumor is that the next DLC will drop on the 15th, so we will probably see a lot more events after that.

Yes current gen, I was in a fully lobby of 16 players and the battle was taking place outside the cop shop beside Rockford Hills LSC and the drop in the game was

very noticeable, players and cops were LAG central all over the place and game seemed to struggle to register picking up the briefcase, I reset my connection afterwards

but I've not played again since so don't know if it was a one off.

Hmm, wonder why it still showed Double Rp/Cash symbol yesterday, will see what happens tonight.