4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Thundersmacker's Workshop

Thundersmacker

20 hours ago, Thundersmacker said:

Here's another one of GCT's abandoned projects. It's the Dundreary Jefferson, based on BeamNG's Gavril Grand Marshal. It's now ready to cruise the Liberty City streets!

preview.jpg

DOWNLOAD

Nice!

Have plans to Taxi and Police versions? 

Edited by MAY_783
22 hours ago, Thundersmacker said:

Here's another one of GCT's abandoned projects. It's the Dundreary Jefferson, based on BeamNG's Gavril Grand Marshal. It's now ready to cruise the Liberty City streets!

preview.jpg

DOWNLOAD

Oh well I was planning to start a new savegame anyway (If I add a new car to the game it messes up all the carwashes, pigeons and the cars in my current parking lots for some reason.

Oh and by the way, unless I did something wrong, your Steep mod does not have any textures for the dirt, the interior and the extras.

Edited by MitchMaljers
On 2/18/2021 at 11:23 AM, MitchMaljers said:

Oh well I was planning to start a new savegame anyway (If I add a new car to the game it messes up all the carwashes, pigeons and the cars in my current parking lots for some reason.

Oh and by the way, unless I did something wrong, your Steep mod does not have any textures for the dirt, the interior and the extras.

There's nothing you did wrong, I simply forgot to include the other part of the vehicles.ide line that you need to make the textures work.

All you need to do is add this line at the bottom of the data file below the "vehshare_truck, vehshare" line.

steep, vehshare_truck

Sorry for forgetting that. The Mediafire download on the OP has been updated with that and I added a template in case anyone wants to make liveries.

Also, if your having bugs after adding new cars I would recommend adding the cars using the method in this tutorial: http://gtaxscripting.blogspot.com/2013/03/tut-adding-vehicleswithout-replace-game.html

I changed over to this method and have since not had any issues when adding more cars. Thanks to Sealyx on The Warehouse Discord for sharing that tutorial!

• YEE 1
4 hours ago, Thundersmacker said:

There's nothing you did wrong, I simply forgot to include the other part of the vehicles.ide line that you need to make the textures work.

All you need to do is add this line at the bottom of the data file below the "vehshare_truck, vehshare" line.

steep, vehshare_truck

Sorry for forgetting that. The Mediafire download on the OP has been updated with that and I added a template in case anyone wants to make liveries.

Also, if your having bugs after adding new cars I would recommend adding the cars using the method in this tutorial: http://gtaxscripting.blogspot.com/2013/03/tut-adding-vehicleswithout-replace-game.html

I changed over to this method and have since not had any issues when adding more cars. Thanks to Sealyx on The Warehouse Discord for sharing that tutorial!

Man that's a long tutorial lol, I'm glad I enjoy playing the game at a slow pace, so starting over isn't that much of a hassle, I've downloaded your Steep mod again, gonna check it out in a few minutes..
Also since yesterday when I'm playing only around 3/4 of the same cars spawn around now. Like I'm driving around and I only see Blista's, Presidentes,  Ingot's Taxis, Cop Cars and nothing else, probably messed up some data somewhere. If you know how to fix that I would appreciate it lol.

Edited by MitchMaljers
6 hours ago, MitchMaljers said:

Also since yesterday when I'm playing only around 3/4 of the same cars spawn around now. Like I'm driving around and I only see Blista's, Presidentes,  Ingot's Taxis, Cop Cars and nothing else, probably messed up some data somewhere. If you know how to fix that I would appreciate it lol.

You can try RIL Budgeted if you don't already have it. Otherwise I don't know what could be causing the problem. This game is very finicky, so what works for one person might not work for another.

13 hours ago, Thundersmacker said:

You can try RIL Budgeted if you don't already have it. Otherwise I don't know what could be causing the problem. This game is very finicky, so what works for one person might not work for another.

I have downloaded it but after editing the vehicle budget to the vehicleimage size the game crashed after driving around for 2 minutes.

edit: Messed the vehicle budget up, game runs fine now, although my framerate has some dips now because of all the different cars lol.

Edited by MitchMaljers
On 2/17/2021 at 7:49 PM, Ragutheone said:

Why not just name it the admiral? Now we can have all generations of marquis in GTA

On 2/18/2021 at 3:23 AM, RushCars24ID said:

To be honest, the Grand Marshal don't fit well to be named as the Admiral, in fact, according to the readme, this was meant to be modified to look like the 1988-1994 Lincoln Continental (a.k.a. the Baby Town Car 😁) :

-

@G.C.T. could have reveal this to us better, as this was his old project, which was scrapped due to there's too many sh*t on his plate right now so he give some of them to Thunder, not to mention that he currently working on the BF Weevil (makes sense, as GCT is Brazillian, and Volkswagen Beetles are one of the most popular things that the Brazillians knows in their home country), as well the Vapid Ellie, updating a few of his old mods, and possibly converting another new car from Direct_UA to IV.

Initially, the car was going to be called Admiral Classic, but I changed my mind and made the Admiral Classic based on an older car (80's MGM). Jefferson is inspired by the '88 -94 Lincoln Continental, there were some modifications to the body and size of the car, although part of the original design was maintained.

This was a discarded project, but Thunder wanted to end it to get more variety in traffic.

@Thundersmacker Thank you for finish these two projects.

Edited by G.C.T.
  • Like 1

Jefferson was also a car in GTA2, so the name kinda fits together in the lore. I like such names far more than variations of existing ones like "Seminole Frontier" from V. Good job.

• Like 2

@Thundersmacker, are you going to upload the Steep and the Jefferson to GTAInside.com? I don't want to download files from Mediafire very often because that site is not really my favorite service.

• KEKW 4

How about no? GTAALEXBUTTHOLE.com site is full of thrash and sh*tty moderation, where you have people just blindly vote 10/10 and do sh*tty requests, as soon as you decline them you get 1/10.

Not to mention the "FEATURED MOD" thingy where the owner just pick sh*tty mods as "Featured", as long as it's his sh*tty friend.

But of course, I'm not supposed to say this am I? Maybe wait til these guys state why they don't do it.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, RushCars24ID said:

@Thundersmacker, are you going to upload the Steep and the Jefferson to GTAInside.com? I don't want to download files from Mediafire very often because that site is not really my favorite service.

TheMadeMan summed it up pretty well. But really I just don't care for that site anymore. Plus I like being able to upload and release mods when I want, rather than waiting a day or more for an admin to approve it. Sorry if you don't like Mediafire, but I think this is for the best.

12 hours ago, Thundersmacker said:

TheMadeMan summed it up pretty well. But really I just don't care for that site anymore. Plus I like being able to upload and release mods when I want, rather than waiting a day or more for an admin to approve it. Sorry if you don't like Mediafire, but I think this is for the best.

Dammit, looks like gonna find a new alternative for that. But hey, I would appreciated that Mediafire is the best for you, but again, for me, I don't like Mediafire because there's still some ad-popups and also an ad-redirect after when clicking the download button, which my adblock plugins was still unable to avoid that, as well unable to detect the other popups in there, those are the reasons why I don't want to download files from that site very often.

Also, have you tried Google Drive? I am mostly downloaded some files in there and is one of my preferred services. And, since GTAInside.com is no more, I think if I want to download mods from that site, then must be special, if they didn't brought up something that catches my eye, then officially stayed away from them. In the meantime, I got two Russian GTA mod database sites in my backup that I considered the safe ones for the Russian GTA community rather than the trashy GTAAll.com and GameModding.net, they are LibertyCity.net and GTA.com.ua.

You should probably switch your ad blocker or find a way to block the popups, since those can be solved locally. Privacytools.io might be useful for you, it has a bunch of stuff that could help you.

Edited by Jinx.

Get ready to take on the underground, with the conversion of the Penumbra FF for GTA IV. Coming soon!

penumbra-stock.jpg

And the obligatory gang version.

penumbra-gang.jpg

Edited by Thundersmacker
  • 2 weeks later...
RushCars24ID
On 2/24/2021 at 1:13 PM, Jinx. said:

You should probably switch your ad blocker or find a way to block the popups, since those can be solved locally. Privacytools.io might be useful for you, it has a bunch of stuff that could help you.

I feel like that I don't want to do those right now, I don't want to mess up my current plugins that I'm using, but thanks for the tip.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2021 at 4:20 PM, Thundersmacker said:

The IV conversion of the Brute Mixer Classic is now available!

preview.jpg

DOWNLOAD

Hi, everyone, i'm new here, after i read all this topic i consider to register and say big thank you to Thundersmaker for all cars, that he convert, for all hard work he made thru years. 

Currently I use a lot of your cars, but as replacement, because I don't clearly understand, how to add added(sorry) cars to traffic.

Spasibo (thank you)!

Sorry for my bad english 😔

10 hours ago, Okami416 said:

Hi, everyone, i'm new here, after i read all this topic i consider to register and say big thank you to Thundersmaker for all cars, that he convert, for all hard work he made thru years. 

Currently I use a lot of your cars, but as replacement, because I don't clearly understand, how to add added(sorry) cars to traffic.

Spasibo (thank you)!

Sorry for my bad english 😔

As I assume you have OpenIV, send me a PM and I'll try to help you the best as I can.

On 4/17/2021 at 11:08 PM, MitchMaljers said:

As I assume you have OpenIV, send me a PM and I'll try to help you the best as I can.

Hi!

Unfortunately, I can't send PM. Maybe because I'm here and site rules do not allowed me to sent messages.

I make everything like in tutorial, step by step.

Maybe i need some kind of script to make cars spawn in traffic.

Such a shame, that i can't drive these wonderful card, jester, elegy and etc, because I have it in GTA O.

Now I use most of cars as an replacement, but Thundersmaker made a lot of good cars and I wish to have it in game.

Sorry for bad English =(

19 hours ago, Okami416 said:

Hi!

Unfortunately, I can't send PM. Maybe because I'm here and site rules do not allowed me to sent messages.

I make everything like in tutorial, step by step.

Maybe i need some kind of script to make cars spawn in traffic.

Such a shame, that i can't drive these wonderful card, jester, elegy and etc, because I have it in GTA O.

Now I use most of cars as an replacement, but Thundersmaker made a lot of good cars and I wish to have it in game.

Sorry for bad English =(

If you added the vehicles and their data to their respective folders you're already halfway there;

you need to import the wft. and wtd. instead of replacing the existing cars, and adding their respective internal names to the vehiclegrp.dat, and the handling to handling.dat, colors to color.dat etc.