2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Thundersmacker

Thundersmacker's Workshop

Thundersmacker

Looks like a epic list of new cars, and is that a Lada I see in there?. I'm on my phone right now so I'll have get back home and get a closer look at these things.

JoeBellic
Posted (edited)

can you help me out?

Edited by JoeBellic

JoeBellic

C:\Users\User\Pictures Can you help me out?

Derrick Keno
Posted (edited)

The RS200 and the Lada... 😍 A rusty Lada would be perfect for the crappy parts of LC!

Edited by Derrick_Keno

Claude_Lib

Hey Thunder!

DYtmc3lVoAAHd8g.png

OMFG, is that a Lada? Thunder, please do this first, I will pay you if you want. Will send you the files as soon as I get home.

G.C.T.

Finally the Ford Raptor and more Mustangs.

JoeBellic
Posted (edited)

tnXRFmT.png

Edited by JoeBellic

JoeBellic

i spent hours trying to get image above,sorry about my newbie act.Anyway can anyone help me out,i am trying to change the badge using thundersmacker's vapid dominator badge.i just cant figure how to do do the same on normal(purple background picture)

Silent

OMFG, is that a Lada? Thunder, please do this first, I will pay you if you want. Will send you the files as soon as I get home.

Or a Fiat 125/any of 70s Fiats.

So basically Lada.

Thundersmacker
Posted (edited)

i spent hours trying to get image above,sorry about my newbie act.Anyway can anyone help me out,i am trying to change the badge using thundersmacker's vapid dominator badge.i just cant figure how to do do the same on normal(purple background picture)

You'll need to get a program that lets you make new normal maps, I use GIMP personally for making normal maps.

Finally the Ford Raptor and more Mustangs.

Yeah two Mustangs, a classic and a modern version. I'm not digging the 6x6 style for the Raptor, I would have preferred a normal 4x4.

I'll go ahead and look at the models that Claude_Lib sent me, and I'll decide what I'll be converting and what I won't.

Edited by Thundersmacker

Thundersmacker
Posted (edited)

Here's is my opinions of the new DLC cars.

Weeny Issi Classic

issic.jpg

So they gave us a classic Mini. Strange timing considering that TG_Stig was working on an Issi Classic for Vanillaworks. I love the old Mini (who doesn't) so this will likely be the first vehicle to be converted from this new DLC.

Rune Cheburek

cheburek.jpg

This is the reason I love playing GTA, because where else can you drive a freaking Lada! Am I right in saying that this is a first ever game to officially feature one of these cars? Anyway, I'm definitely going to convert this one, I think it'll look epic cruising around Hove Beach. I also love the ridiculous cardboard body kit, I'll try to find some way to get that in IV. :lol:

Vapid Ellie (Dominator Classic)

Ellie.jpg

Yes! A classic Dominator based on the iconic Shelby GT500 "Eleanor", the car from the Gone in 60 Seconds remake. The name of the car is cool and is a another nod to Eleanor. The only thing that bothers me is the rather flat looking front, but it doesn't hurt the car too much. Will I convert it? Hell yeah!

Vulcar Fagaloa

fagaloa.jpg

A rather strange design choice to blend a old Volvo Amazon with a '55 Chevy Nomad. I think it works okay in this case and reminds me of the 3D era Perennial. This would be a cool to see cruising the Liberty City streets, so this will be converted.

Lampadati Michelli GT

michelli_GT.jpg

Is this the first Alfa to be featured in GTA? It's pretty much an Alfa Giulia Sprint with what looks to be a BMW 2002 rear, which is a win for me. I love old Italian cars as you know, so this will be converted.

Declasse Hotring

hotring.jpg

I'm glad this Hotring is based on the NASCAR's of the late 80's, back when NASCAR was good IMHO. I seen that this thing has around 30 livery's, which isn't surprising at all considering you can't have a stock car without the sponsors. This car might be a little file size heavy with the livery's and details but it'll be great to be able to drive a professional stock car on the public roads. This will be converted. :D

Vapid GB200

EVOLUT7_ON_gb200.jpg

Yet another legendary Group B Rally monster to join the Omnis. I really like the RS200, and this GTA version is nearly identical to the real thing. As you know I can't say no to epic off-road racers so this will be converted.

Dinka Jester Classic

jesterc.jpg

Now we're getting into the disappointing vehicles in the DLC and here is the biggest one. Proportions are just weird and that silly exhaust setup is just wrong. It looks as tough they got whoever modeled the ItaliGTB to model this thing. And it's gets weirder when it's badged as a Dinka which usually go on the Honda based cars. So, as much as it pains me to say it the Jester Classic is a pass. I'm sure there are going to be a few people who will be pissed off at me for not wanting to convert it, but sorry it's just too ugly and heartbreaking for me.

Vapid Dominator GTX

dominatorgtx.jpg

I'm not the biggest fan of the 2015-present Mustang. This modern Dominator doesn't look too bad from the front, it has some Saleen S302 and Camaro Z/28 in there. The back is where the car goes wrong, I just don't like it. I'm passing on this one.

Overflod Entity XXR

entityxxr.jpg

So after 5 years we get a respectable Koenigsegg look alike. The model is great and looks fantastic but there is a problem. While I was working the GP1 I discovered that the game limits cars to a top speed of around 170 mph. (one of the many reasons I abandoned the GP1) Plus, I think Liberty City is just not great for really stupid fast cars, you need a map like the one in NFS: Hot Pursuit 2010. Most of the time you drive a hyper car in IV you are spending most of that time slamming into walls, cars, and people. While that's fun in a big truck or a normal car, it ain't fun in a hyper car so this is a pass. Sorry.

Vapid Flash GT

flashgt.jpg

Obviously based on Ken Block's Rally-X Focus RS, which is a cool car in reality. Personally, I prefer the classic Group B monsters than a modern Rally car to tear around the streets in a game. This is a pass.

Vapid Caracara

Caracara.jpg

So many things wrong with this creation. It obviously based on a 2017 Raptor which is an epic truck that looks angry as hell. This GTA version looks more like a normal 2017 F-150 that has been modified to look similar to a Raptor with some aftermarket parts. Oh yeah, and it's a 6x6 that's supposed to be a "technical" combat vehicle. (WTF?) Anyway I'm sure it looks better as a 4x4 but I'm not interested enough to do it, I'm sure GCT will probably work his magic on it and make it into a respectable Raptor or F-150. As for me this is a pass.

That's all of the vehicles that caught my attention in this DLC, the other cars not mentioned are ugly super cars that I have zero interest in. I'll likely do the Issi Classic first since that is the car I want the most, and then I'll mix in the Doomsday cars that I haven't done yet with these new DLC cars.

Credit for the images used goes to JoonasPRKL, TG_Stig, and EVOLUT7ON.

Edited by Thundersmacker

Nico

What are you going to do in terms of order? I mean, if you plan to start with these cars now or you'll keep working on the ones from the latest update.

I don't want to be 90 years old by the time the GT500 drops... :'(

G.C.T.

Here's is my opinions of the new DLC cars.

Dinka Jester Classic

jesterc.jpg

Now we're getting into the disappointing vehicles in the DLC and here is the biggest one. Proportions are just weird and that silly exhaust setup is just wrong. It looks as tough they got whoever modeled the ItaliGTB to model this thing. And it's gets weirder when it's badged as a Dinka which usually go on the Honda based cars. So, as much as it pains me to say it the Jester Classic is a pass. I'm sure there are going to be a few people who will be pissed off at me for not wanting to convert it, but sorry it's just too ugly and heartbreaking for me.

Vapid Dominator GTX

dominatorgtx.jpg

I'm not the biggest fan of the 2015-present Mustang. This modern Dominator doesn't look too bad from the front, it has some Saleen S302 and Camaro Z/28 in there. The back is where the car goes wrong, I just don't like it. I'm passing on this one.

Vapid Caracara

Caracara.jpg

I'm sure GCT will probably work his magic on it and make it into a respectable Raptor or F-150. As for me this is a pass.

Credit for the images used goes to JoonasPRKL, TG_Stig, and EVOLUT7ON.

Jester Classic

Although the Jester did not look cool and I was still disappointed because it's not the legendary NSX, but it's a 90's car and will look good on my 1997 theme so I can add it to my conversion list.

Vapid Dominator GTX

I did not really like the modern Dominator and as Thundersmacker said, the rear is very wrong with the rest of the car. But Liberty needs a new-generation Mustang.

Vapid Caracara

The Caracara (I do not like that name), looks interesting in the 4x4 version, I intend to leave more similar with the Raptor, besides that can be used for an F-150 stock.

SilentSoul21
Posted (edited)

Thunder, I totally agree with you about the... Ahem, "Jester Classic"... *Read the last sentence in a Trey Parker or Matt Stone accent*

That thing is almost exactly like the SA version, and, as much as I love the Toyota Supra, I never been a fan of that weird design from the original Jester...

And don't get me started with that brand choice! Well, to be honest, I really don't mind the "Jester Classic" for the nostalgia sake, but they could at least made it a "Karin" or "Emperor". After all, they already did something like that with the Virgos! I just hope that doesn't affect the chance of a classic Acura NSX based car to be added in the future... :(

There's a vehicle based on the Supra that was (or is still) being made by the Vanillaworks team looks miles better! Hell, modesty aside, even my own version would be a better choice! lol

Ohh well, at least we still got many great classic cars! :inlove:

Can't wait to see your great work on these cars! :colgate:

Ohh, a little suggestion: IF possible, of course, what about a "stock" version of the Vapid Ellie? With front and rear bumpers and all, something like my Hellenbach GT sketch? I'd love to see a GT500 like that in GTAIV and GTAV! :D

Edited by SilentSoul21

Father McKenzie

Hey Thunder, great choices for your conversion list. Quick question, have you considered converting some of the cars from the VanillaWorks team? They have a much better Supra in development and some other really cool stuff.

Claude_Lib
Posted (edited)

Or a Fiat 125/any of 70s Fiats.

So basically Lada.

After a closer look, I can definitely say that this is 100% Lada. The name and the tuning options heavily imply this as well. 2106 model, to be exact, but with 2105 dashboard.

There are lots of minor issues with it, which I, as a hereditary Lada owner, just can't help but notice, like missing turnlights on front fenders, lack of chrome mouldings on the sides, simply f*cked up taillights, rusty 2107 bumpers and independent rear suspension, like someone took one from M30 and put it on the car, which people actually do, but the stock car has a multi-link solid axle in the back. Oh, and the real Lada also has these ventilation thingies on C-pillars, the only sedan model which lacked them was 2101. The rim design is spot on though, however, the size is just too big. Lada 2106 was a very beautiful car back then and still is, it hurts that R are trying to make it look like a rustbucket.

Edited by Claude_Lib

unbid
Posted (edited)

-snip-

Nice choices. Although kinda sad that you won't convert the Jester (would rename it into Karin Snipe/Saikou), Dominator GTX, Caracara, Entity XXR, and Flash GT (would love to see a Focus RS in the Liberty City setting).

As other suggests, maybe you should do a stock Ellie with '69 Mustang bumpers and remove the sporty side skirts.Would love to see the Dominator Classic in Liberty City. Also, the cardboard Cheburek could be added as gang extras...

-snip-

...and GCT delivers.

IDK why, but if you can, maybe using the Vanillaworks Supra (Karin Saikou) knockoff might works as well if you can't stand to look at the R* Jester.

Plus, someone I knew already converted the Caracara into something better in V:

20180320205124_1.jpg

Edited by unbid

JoeBellic

You'll need to get a program that lets you make new normal maps, I use GIMP personally for making normal maps.

Thank you for your comment,happy modding guys!

Thundersmacker

What are you going to do in terms of order? I mean, if you plan to start with these cars now or you'll keep working on the ones from the latest update.

I don't want to be 90 years old by the time the GT500 drops... :'(

Well I said that I'm doing the Issi first, then I'll do some of the Doomsday cars like the Deluxo and Savestra. If you are wanting the GT500 sooner, then the best thing I can tell you is to download the files and convert the car yourself.

Hey Thunder, great choices for your conversion list. Quick question, have you considered converting some of the cars from the VanillaWorks team? They have a much better Supra in development and some other really cool stuff.

I actually got the files for TG_Stig's Issi Classic a few days before the DLC came out so I was planning to convert that. I have the Dominator Classic and Schafter GTR in my repository, but I haven't really done anything with them.

Nico

Well I said that I'm doing the Issi first, then I'll do some of the Doomsday cars like the Deluxo and Savestra. If you are wanting the GT500 sooner, then the best thing I can tell you is to download the files and convert the car yourself.

I apologize if what I said gave you any sort of pressure, it wasn't my intention.

Thundersmacker

I apologize if what I said gave you any sort of pressure, it wasn't my intention.

I didn't take it like that, I was just basically saying that you'll have to be patient. The GT500 and the other cars your interested in will be coming, and you wont be 90 when they do. ;)

universetwisters

Am I right in saying that this is a first ever game to officially feature one of these cars?

No.

Razor440
Posted (edited)

Is the little Lada thing going to appear Canadian-spec? They sold it in Canada as the Signet. Would be neat to have some oversized impact bumpers on the thing, or thin whitewalls or something of that lore to make it seem like an export model, as well as the original Russian style bumpers, possibly?

Forgot the Cheval Taipan

Considering what other cars he passed on, I highly doubt itd end up in IV via his work.

LC also just feels too gritty for cars of that lore to be in this game, IMO.

Edited by Razor440

Claude_Lib
Posted (edited)

Am I right in saying that this is a first ever game to officially feature one of these cars?

No.Out of all these game the only one I'm aware of is City Car Driving. I actually hoped that someone would convert the 2106 from it to GTA, because the model is very authentic. Anyway, now we have an official lookalike, I hope Thunder will fix those little things it has off, like flipped frontal turning and position lights or big-ass rims and bring it closer to the real car. This is what a real 2106 looks like:

1159ceu-960.jpg

Isn't it beautiful?

Edited by Claude_Lib

gunziness

^ might aswell just convert the LADA and call it a day then. The R* version is as close as it can possible be without just being a copy & paste model. But thats just me though

Claude_Lib

Yeah, maybe I'm really asking too much. It's up to Thunder in the end anyway.

Claude_Lib
Posted (edited)

Me again, with that Cheburek. Yeah, I know, I just can't get it out of my head. Even if you don't want to make any changes to it so it would look more like the real thing, please, at least move the bonnet hinges to the front, between the headlights. That's very important part of the car's design.

1403450985_1008344019.jpg

02.jpg

Sorry for the lack of better pics, the internet mostly only has pictures of modified hinges to make it open the way it does in the game.

Edited by Claude_Lib

Thundersmacker

Even if you don't want to make any changes to it so it would look more like the real thing, please, at least move the bonnet hinges to the front, between the headlights.

Can do. ;)