Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,567 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Thundersmacker

Thundersmacker's Workshop

G.C.T.

To be honest the R * disappointed me, I was expecting a 90's C/K or a current Silverado with the name Yosemite. I think its versions do not have to be renamed, I was going to change the name of my modern version but I'll just upgrade to Declasse badges.

Thundersmacker

Starting work on the 190Z...

z190_progress1.jpg

I made this little mock-up with the possible default wheels, I'm not sure if I'll keep them or not. I still need to make a new front bumper to match the rear, and put some indicators on it. Oh, and make those B-pillars. :pp

Nico

Will you add some headlight covers? That would improve the front styling a lot along with a new bumper.

I do agree it needs some B pillars though, but they should not be very thick, and also -IMO- black colored.

Edited by Nico

Hullian111

Man, if I could map vehicles, I would so map that police 'Yosemite'...

(we seriously need to consider as a community renaming it)

Why would you want to rename my Yosemite? It fits perfectly between Rockstar's and GCT's versions as generations of Chevy trucks. GCT's version is branded as a Brute, but Chevy and GMC did both make a Suburban. I honestly don't care what you want to call it, but I will always call it the Yosemite.

Well, I should have stressed the phrase 'consider' just a little bit mpre, actually. Reading your post, I can easily vouch for that. Sure, some more-independent lore might need fixing, but an 'evolution' of sorts does make sense. Maybe my brain wasn't switched on, then. Or maybe it's because I don't really recognise American cars that easily.

Thundersmacker
Posted (edited)

Hey gorgeous... :inlove:

z190_progress2.jpg

190Z in game, woot!

I got the b-pillars, new front bumper, and the new front indicators done. Oh, and thanks to the members of the Vanillaworks Discord server for voting on the style of indicators to use.

The wheels are based on the classic Fairlady Z 4-spokes which you may remember from the first progress pic, though these are better made. Don't worry, if you don't like those there will be another option.

Edited by Thundersmacker

Nico

Is that color a reference to certain car show? :D

My question about the headlight covers still stands, but I'm starting to believe you probably don't care about that. Either way, the car still looks great.

SilentSoul21

Hey gorgeous... :inlove:

*THERE WAS A PICTURE HERE... IT'S GONE NOW.*

190Z in game, woot!

I got the b-pillars, new front bumper, and the new front indicators done. Oh, and thanks to the members of the Vanillaworks Discord server for voting on the style of indicators to use.

The wheels are based on the classic Fairlady Z 4-spokes which you may remember from the first progress pic, though these are better made. Don't worry, if you don't like those there will be another option.

Now that's a beauty! Great job, Thunder! That new front bumper sure looks way better than the original one. :D

The guys at R* who designed that car were probably swimming on acid while making the bumpers...

Nico

The guys at R* who designed that car were probably swimming on acid while making the bumpers...

Or probably they were aiming it to the kids who like rice-burned sh*t.

Just look what they did to the Retro Comet... Thankfully we have Thunder to address those small issues.

Derrick_Keno
Posted (edited)

If it's possible, I'd love to see some beater versions of those older cars.

Edited by Derrick_Keno

Tuckyonald
Posted (edited)

nice akuma zeto (wagan midnight )

Edited by Tuckyonald

Thundersmacker
Posted (edited)

Is that color a reference to certain car show? :D

-wheeler dealers vid-

My question about the headlight covers still stands, but I'm starting to believe you probably don't care about that. Either way, the car still looks great.

Actually the color is a reference to the 1/64 die-cast Fairlady Z I have. (not my image)

m2_fz.jpg

As for the headlight covers, I'm still on the fence about about making those. I'll have to model them from scratch seeing how Rockstar didn't make any themselves, and I don't think the 240Z really needs them to look good personally.

Edited by Thundersmacker

baconwizard
Posted (edited)

Hey Thunder, sorry for the offtopic post but what method do you use to add your cars? In the thread everyone goes to that tells you to use "newveh" etc I found some other posts. They said you could add many more cars by using the original files and sharing handling lines with vanilla cars. I tried adding your Dinka Blista convert this way by modifying vehicles.img, vehicles.ide, carcols, VehOff, and cargrp but weird things are happening. The traffic spawns in giant clustered chunks and leaves most areas sparse. I fixed the cars using wrong data lines by adding blista2 to the bottom of Cars 3 in vehicles.ide, but I think I messed up the bikes, boats etc by doing that. Also Roman's cab depot and apartment have no exterior, if I start a new game they use the burnt out models.

I'm at a loss, I'm used to the game just crashing when I do something wrong instead of working in a weird glitched state. I just want to enjoy all your cool vehicles without breaking minigames and stuff in the process :/

Edited by baconwizard

unbid
Posted (edited)

@baconwizard: Which method did you use? You need to make a new IMG, car lines, and handling lines folder to make it work and not f*cked up with the data line limit on the default files. Some addon cars came with shared handling with vanilla ones, but one that does have its own handling line needs to be added to the new handling data file. The only way you can hack the limit so far is by using FLA, and that sh*t is still glitchy AF.

Edited by unbid

Matheus Rodrigues

Hey Thunder, sorry for the offtopic post but what method do you use to add your cars? In the thread everyone goes to that tells you to use "newveh" etc I found some other posts. They said you could add many more cars by using the original files and sharing handling lines with vanilla cars. I tried adding your Dinka Blista convert this way by modifying vehicles.img, vehicles.ide, carcols, VehOff, and cargrp but weird things are happening. The traffic spawns in giant clustered chunks and leaves most areas sparse. I fixed the cars using wrong data lines by adding blista2 to the bottom of Cars 3 in vehicles.ide, but I think I messed up the bikes, boats etc by doing that. Also Roman's cab depot and apartment have no exterior, if I start a new game they use the burnt out models.

I'm at a loss, I'm used to the game just crashing when I do something wrong instead of working in a weird glitched state. I just want to enjoy all your cool vehicles without breaking minigames and stuff in the process :/

See this page and get help on FLA

http://gtaforums.com/topic/420911-add-new-car-gta-iv/

Thundersmacker

Hey Thunder, sorry for the offtopic post but what method do you use to add your cars?

I add my vehicles by adding the data lines to the default files and use a new IMG file for the added models. I don't even bother with FLA for extending the limits because I just don't trust it. The best thing to do is just add the vehicles you can't get into IV into EFLC.

Here's my data lines I use in my personal modded IV so you can look at those and see how I do it: Download data files

Thundersmacker
Posted (edited)

More progress on the 190Z, including new badges, an optional spoiler, and finishing the alternate wheels.

z190_progress3.jpg

This baby's pretty much done, just some small details left. Expect to see this out this week sometime.

Edited by Thundersmacker

Derrick_Keno

Beautiful! When I buy GTA IV after I buy a new PC, the first thing I'll do is add some of your cars in the game :) (I don't play GTA IV as of now, because my PC isn't powerful enough)

Tuckyonald

looks like devil z from Wagan Midnight <3

Thundersmacker

The 190Z is now available for download!

preview.jpg

DOWNLOAD

Blue

Damn! Love it :D

Derrick_Keno

What a beauty! Any plans on a beater version?

DOUGL4S1

Question: Do your mods affect performance in any way? I have a setup that is sh*t not really suitable for running this game, and I've had a few experiences with mods reducing my FPS to 2 (one of the reasons why I stopped downloading mods).

Thundersmacker

Question: Do your mods affect performance in any way?

They shouldn't effect the performance any as far as I know. My mods are around the same file size as the default cars that are in the game.

Maybach62

lore friendly

unbid

Hey Thunder!

DYtsIyiUQAE_4eS.jpg

DYtpuNaV4AAoDDO.jpg

DYtpZe-U8AAQRss.jpg

DYtpZfgU0AEzG17.jpg

DYto47CUMAI0mYf.jpg

DYto46vV4AAVOOv.jpg

DYtoiuMU8AAdMYj.jpg

DYtoX0tUQAACcWG.png

DYtn3CzUQAA3K1S.jpg

DYtm11LVwAAd1vf.jpg

DYtmc3lVoAAHd8g.png

DYtmUGHV4AAe6d2.png

JoeVK

OMFG that Hotring screams '90s NASCAR Chevy Lumina. I'll take mine in black, with a big white 3 on the side, thanks.

🖕

OMFG that Hotring screams '90s NASCAR Chevy Lumina. I'll take mine in black, with a big white 3 on the side, thanks.

Mine will be rainbow colored with a 24

RM76

Of course they go and add the sh*t Eleanor, not the real deal:
Original_1973_Ford_Mustang_Mach_1_Eleano

DOUGL4S1

People are there wanting the Entity 2 or the Nascar thing, I just want that Issi classic so bad...

Nico

I want the RS200 and the Alfa GTA. :)