2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

so who misses crate drops?

POOL

Back in the days of before watching a useless stream to get clothes you actually had to compete with entire lobbies of people to get exclusive clothing. There were many wars, friendships lost, controllers broken, screaming kids etc.

So who misses all that?

• Like 4

It was fun. The adrenaline rush of trying to get the crate when there are three other guys doing the same, and then managing to get it yourself and hearing the notification sound telling you your rewards.

They were fun at the time but freeroam is much better now. I do miss the competition for the t shirts as nowadays all that's required is the ability to log in, which can be more challenging due to life commitments.

• Like 1

They were fun at the time but freeroam is much better now. I do miss the competition for the t shirts as nowadays all that's required is the ability to log in, which can be more challenging due to life commitments.

Free roam sucks now and is way too cluttered with all those stupid events. Should've stuck with crate drops, distract the cops, smuggler planes, and armored trucks.

• Like 4

MikeyDLuffy

Free roam sucks now and is way too cluttered with all those stupid events. Should've stuck with crate drops, distract the cops, smuggler planes, and armored trucks.

We can't always see eye to eye.

FrozenInferno

Wait, they don't do this anymore? Shows how much I've played lately I guess.

Maybe I should start wearing my Victory Fist shirt again. I fought tooth and nail for that shirt, the radio station ones, and some other stuff that I don't remember.

Instead of special crates that dropped cool t-shirts, I rather have t-shirts awarded at 10, 20, 30 and 50 tennis or darts or golf or arm wrestling match wins.

Crate drops, great fun!

Especially after they fixed the problems with them. Where an item would be a 1 day only was a good solution. Instead of 5 items randomly dropping across a weekend which never worked. I'm still sore I never got the KJAH shirt. That f*cking weekend I got maybe 20 crates and 19 of them were Flash FM. Thus I only got 2 of the 4 shirts.

Oh how I missed how everyone would massacre each other over the 1 crate drop.

They released 1 new shirt per day and that is why you would get stuck getting the shirt 69 times per day instead of a different shirt.

I remember when they magically got disabled for half of the players and we would have to wait for ron to call us again.

Nothing like unlocking them at a low level than they got disabled for no reason and than they were locked for high level players.

• Like 1

I miss every activity they took away, like the armored cars, smuggler planes, crate drops, etc. They were fun ways to get money and keep me occupied.

• Like 2

Yeah, I had someone threatening to boot me when I took him out as he was about to get it.

• Like 3

I don't know how anyone could miss them seeing as they were by far the most glitched, broken thing in this game.... The smartest thing Rockstar ever did was remove the crate drops.

• Like 2

Imagine crate drops now with the VIP ability to insta call a buzzard?

Some of my most triumphant GTA moments came during crate drops. Even Lost a GTA friend over one. It was me and him alone in the lobby. I managed to get it, and then the bastard refused to leave me alone constantly attacking me, and rage texting

• Like 1

I miss them, I have every single special shirt now that was released on the PS3, I was a collector of those shirts and I loved the adrenaline of grabbing a crate. Now I don't care for them no more on the ps4 cause all u have to do is login online or watch their stupid twitch stream...

CarimboHanky

crate drops were just too much fun and chaos

i used to hate them because of the 2014 beerhats crate drop debacle, one of the most frustrating moments in gtao.

but after they got fixed, they were a lot of fun, huge battles, chaos and ofcourse the mandatory crate selfies haha

homies%20shirt.jpg

they should really try to re-introduce the old events into the game, the game can only benefit from having multiple events going at once!

• Like 2

RussianCommie

I wouldn't mind to see them again. I enjoyed the crate drops and they were really nice thrill of the hunt situations. To see 4, 5 people going after one special crate, battling them all on the way, and winning the crate, you could have found yourself in so much intense situations.

:p

18794204021_47833a37a5_c.jpg

Edited by RussianCommie

5eIYidF.gif

ninjaontour

A little off topic, but saw this on the front page and it made me laugh.

0CmQQO3.jpg