4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Antasurris

Los Santos Multiplayer

Antasurris

Hi there GTAforums community !

Introducing the official topic of LS:MP which, at the time we write this post, is the most recent alternative multiplayer project for GTA V. LS:MP is entirely developed by TransmetTeam, in whom I give all my support.

I. What is LS:MP ?

II. The ambitions of LS:MP
III. LS:MP currently

IV. How works LS:MP ?
V. Legal status
VI. Follow us

LS:MP, or Los Santos Multiplayer ( and previously VMP ), is an alternative multiplayer to GTA Online on PC. Take the latter, remove all constraints (money, XP ), add all that you want (RP mods, modded cars, modded textures), and thats it ! LS:MP !
A multiplayer GTA V, only base on fun and liberties gave by the game !

LS:MP wants to offer a stable multiplayer client. The server version will be available later.
The players limit objective is around 300 players, this number could be revised upward or downward later.
A server dedicated to a post-apocalyptic mod will be also available, it will be a server base on « Survival game like » with zombies. Take a look on this video to get a small preview:

At the time of writing, LS:MP is able to synchronize players and vehicles, we currently work on weapons synchronization and the link between server and website.
Videos showing respectively synchronization of players and vehicles :

For the moment, LS:MP works through Rage Plugin Hook, in other words it uses GTA V functions. That's mean that its no way based on GTA Online or GTA V files modification.
It runs on a semi-P2P technology for the synchronization of the main part of elements. That allow to have a low ping between players.
More sensitive elements are encrypted via an algorithm ( created by ourselves ), then exchanged via a secured protocol. That enable to know if players' data are authentic, consequently prevent hacks/cheats.
The other strong point of LS:MP is the optimization of the size of packets, their structures are really light. That enables to take a great number of players, even for low internet connection.
Finally LS:MP doesn't required a lot of resources to make the most of GTA V.

V. Legal status

Given the points stated above, LS:MP cant be stopped for the motive of intellectual property or all other point forbidden in the EULA of Rockstar Games and/or Take-Two Interactive Software.

VI. Follow us

Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC170HmrO5V1wonLtfbWOIpA
Twitter :
https://twitter.com/LSMultiplayer
Website (currently under construction) : http://ls-multiplayer.com/

If you have any questions, ask me ;) Edited by Antasurris

Dynamo128

Looks awesome! Definitely hope to see more :) Let us know!

nkjellman

I see someone has been hard at work there. Excellent job. GTA V with 300 players will be insane.

As far as synchronizing AI goes, you may want to look into seeing if you can get the game to switch over to the popycycle data for Online. It spawns less cars so that way when multiple players are around each other, the game won't have a sh*t pile of traffic. But I guess you might try and leave the traffic and ped spawning up to the server. In GTA Online, everyone client spawns the traffic.

However, 300 people, even with the Online traffic would be a LOT of cars and peds, so it might be best to leave that to the server.

Regardless, I look forward to it. Especially when we get custom map mods.

Edited by nkjellman

ikt

What if R* sends you lawyers with a cease and desist letter anyway?

Braindawg

They can do whatever they want, as long as the mod's creator is very careful and doesn't break the law, R*'s shark lawyers will have nothing to do really...

Ss4gogeta0

I hope so

:/

GTA V is the cancer killing GTA Modding

I'm usually not interested by multiplayer games, but to ask anyway:

1. Will your multiplayer allows ScriptHook mods (I'm using several ASI mods in my singleplayer game)? They're extremely important for me!

2. Will be possible to kill peds (not other players) and collect cash, like protalgonists in Story Mode, but with GTA MP male / female ped on GTA V Online map?

3. There will be option for private (solo) sessions to play GTA Online map alone, but with included Story Mode peds and characters and GTA Online DLC stuff with all kind of mods allowed?

4. Will be possible to play freeroaming with GTA Online MP male / female characters same way as the Story Mode protalgonists (map to be spawn with Story Mode characters / NPCs), but do can access and use all that DLC stuff like the Heist yacht, those Heist vehicles and Bennyworks garage but with mods (R* doesn't seems to plan to include that stuff in GTA V Singleplayer at all, they made that DLC accessible ONLY in GTA Online Multiiplayer where mods are truly NO-GO!), and purchase those nice clothing from GTA Online for your MP / female character? This is reason I do not able to access or try any of that stuff because GTA Online denies mods, but on Story mode R* made that DLCs not accessible for Michael / Trevor / Franklin in GTA V Singleplayer at all...

Thanks! :catloaf: (It's shame R* puts everything new for sh*tty multiplayer only now... :cry:)

Edited by 65536

NotGigo

I really hope T2 doesn't take this one away. FiveM was great fun with the drifting servers, until T2 happpened.

theNGclan

I hope so

:/

GTA V is the cancer killing GTA Modding

Uhhh, considering that mods are being posted on GTA5-mods.com daily, it certainly doesn't seem like it's unmoddable or something. You can still mod previous games too.

OT: Looks interesting. Will definitely keep an eye on this.

Edited by theNGclan

Curtis

I'm pretty sure this'll be wrecked by T2 in a matter of time. Don't bother.

Sentinellas II

Your best bet is to develop your multiplayer mod privately and then release to the public it when its fully functional, so T2 will probably have a hard time to get the rid of it.

Edited by Sentinellas II

nkjellman

Your best bet is to develop your multiplayer mod privately and then release to the public it when its fully functional, so T2 will probably have a hard time to get the rid of it.

Take Two is a poison to the gaming industry, just like EA and Ubisoft.

Troublesome96_

This.

PhillBellic

Yep. That would be the best way to go, really.

I've lost count on how many Multiplayer Mods have been Shut Down, or Discontinued by their Authors. :/

Antasurris
Hello everyone, we are still alive ! I bring some small news,

First of all, the LS:MP team wants to show our support to the US for the Orlando attacks, we are mourning with you.

We've been working on the synchronisation and I have a video to show you :

The vehicle synchronisation is really well optimized, sending around 15 packets per second, or 5 Kb/s where among the other mods values are easily multiplied by eight (60 packets per second, 44 Kb/s).

As you can see, it's quite good, and we are really satisfied about it, we'll keep working on it.

That's all for now, but we'll give you more news really soon.

Edited by Antasurris

Braindawg

Holy sh*t! Good job, guys!! This looks like very good progress!

Krystofer

Looks interesting.

Phnx

Looking forward to it! Would your mod make it possible to experience all the GTA Online features completely offline as well? That would be amazing! :D

ASAP Marko

wasn't there something like this before but it got shut down by take two because they were frightened of loss of shark card sales?

anyway if this goes through I am definitely going to play it regularly, I've been looking for an experience like the roleplaying servers in SAMP but the gameplay just feels too outdated to go back to.

Edited by ASAP Marko

nkjellman

The sync is quite impressive. Do you think you will have ai in the future? A recommendation I have is to see if you can make the game use the Online population cycle as multiple players would make things crowded if they are near each other.

Also, I have another idea/recommendation. In the GTA Online apartments and garages, I would find a way to hide vehicles and other players from seeing each other when they are in those interiors for those who use SP Apartment.

Also, it would be nice if we could have our own custom character for the mod so we don't have a bunch of Michaels, Franklins, and Trevors running around.

Speaking of custom characters, I hope that someday someone makes a custom character mod for SP which has a money system, and lets you spend that money at any one of the shops. It saves you're purchased cloths, weapons, stats, etc... Other mods can access the api to add or subtract money so mods that we have will support it. A mod like that would be amazing for SP, and it could be tied in fantastically with a mod like this one.

Bigbossbro08

Hi there GTAforums community !

Introducing the official topic of LS:MP which, at the time we write this post, is the most recent alternative multiplayer project for GTA V. LS:MP is entirely developed by TransmetTeam, in whom I give all my support.

V. Legal status

VI. Follow us

LS:MP, or Los Santos Multiplayer ( and previously VMP ), is an alternative multiplayer to GTA Online on PC. Take the latter, remove all constraints (money, XP ), add all that you want (RP mods, modded cars, modded textures), and thats it ! LS:MP !

A multiplayer GTA V, only base on fun and liberties gave by the game !

LS:MP wants to offer a stable multiplayer client. The server version will be available later.

The players limit objective is around 300 players, this number could be revised upward or downward later.

A server dedicated to a post-apocalyptic mod will be also available, it will be a server base on « Survival game like » with zombies. Take a look on this video to get a small preview:

At the time of writing, LS:MP is able to synchronize players and vehicles, we currently work on weapons synchronization and the link between server and website.

Videos showing respectively synchronization of players and vehicles :

For the moment, LS:MP works through Rage Plugin Hook, in other words it uses GTA V functions. That's mean that its no way based on GTA Online or GTA V files modification.

It runs on a semi-P2P technology for the synchronization of the main part of elements. That allow to have a low ping between players.

More sensitive elements are encrypted via an algorithm ( created by ourselves ), then exchanged via a secured protocol. That enable to know if players' data are authentic, consequently prevent hacks/cheats.

The other strong point of LS:MP is the optimization of the size of packets, their structures are really light. That enables to take a great number of players, even for low internet connection.

Finally LS:MP doesn't required a lot of resources to make the most of GTA V.

V. Legal status

Given the points stated above, LS:MP cant be stopped for the motive of intellectual property or all other point forbidden in the EULA of Rockstar Games and/or Take-Two Interactive Software.

VI. Follow us

Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC170HmrO5V1wonLtfbWOIpA

Twitter : https://twitter.com/LSMultiplayer

Website (currently under construction) : http://ls-multiplayer.com/

If you have any questions, ask me ;)

This version have any feature like traffic system in GTA:Online?

nkjellman

This version have any feature like traffic system in GTA:Online?

From the videos, it doesn't.

When he does do traffic, he should find a way to use the GTA Online popcycle, or have all the cars spawned by the server. If he does that, there will be only one computer spawning traffic, so he can use the SP popcycle.

ASAP Marko

Any updates on this mod?

duration

anybody knows where I can find a direct download link???

Ss4gogeta0

pretty sure this died. considering the last updates on both the forums and youtube channel were from late june/early julyish

Edited by Ss4gogeta0

Antasurris

Nop.

Edited by Antasurris

Ss4gogeta0

Nop.

it needs to die.

duration

Nop.

Dude, if the Project didn't die, will there be any chance to share the download link here, please ?

Ss4gogeta0

when will people realize that trying to create a multiplayer client for a game with an active multiplayer system already in place is not the way to go. It will earn you a private investigator and a lawsuit due to lost revenue and violation of ToS aswell as the piracy complications...

just because you feel that the current multiplayer sucks, does not mean you should try to make an alternative while the publisher is still supporting the original multiplayer system and making money off of it.

Wait until Rockstar stops supporting it atleast. I mean seriously, use common sense

comanche93

it needs to die.

You kidding, right?

when will people realize that trying to create a multiplayer client for a game with an active multiplayer system already in place is not the way to go. It will earn you a private investigator and a lawsuit due to lost revenue and violation of ToS aswell as the piracy complications...

just because you feel that the current multiplayer sucks, does not mean you should try to make an alternative while the publisher is still supporting the original multiplayer system and making money off of it.

Wait until Rockstar stops supporting it atleast. I mean seriously, use common sense

If some people dont like current MP, why they have to play it?

If they want to make new one - why not?

Nobody forces YOU to do anything, so relax and go play GTA:Online

Edited by comanche93