4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[Questionaire] GTA VI Plot

BlackSnow176

Hey there :catloaf:

As we all know, Rockstar has always strived to do something different with each title. They always seems to make innovations within the series with each release - be it the licensed music and bikes of Vice City, the virtual pet perspective of San Andreas, the decision system and "realism" of GTA IV, the three protagonists of GTA V and the addition of animals...

GTA VI has the potential to do great things if everything goes right. There are so many ways it could improve on both GTA IV and GTA V, and even the 3D era. Who knows?

I'm making this poll about the plot specifically, as there are too many "wishlists" about future GTA's already. Since you could only add 3 questions in the poll, please answer the following questions, and give details as to why you chose a certain answer:

1. In which city should the story take place in? (Liberty City/ Vice City/ Los Santos/ San Fierro/ Las Venturas/ Other (specify)):

2. Should there be any city surroundings? - specify (i.e. forests, deserts, etc.):

3. What should be the atmosphere of the game? (Dark and depressing/ Light and cheery/ Other (specify)):

4. Should the story be more serious or more light-hearted? (Serious/ Light-hearted/ In-between):

5. Should the story take place in the past or the present? (Past/ Present):

6. How many protagonists (playable characters) should there be? (One/ Two/ Three/ More than three (specify)):

7. Should there finally be a female protagonist? (Yes/ No/ Not sure):

8. Should the protagonist/s have any pet animals? (Yes/ No):

9. What should be the main theme of the game? - specify (i.e. revenge story, criminal drama, heists, love story, etc.):

10. What should the antagonists be like? - specify (i.e. crooked cops, government agents, gang leaders, etc.):

11. What kind of criminal/s should the protagonist/s be? - specify (i.e. errand boy, racer, hired gun, etc.):

Edited by BlackSnow176
  • Like 4

I'll bite:

1. In which city should the story take place in?

Vice City bitch!

2. Should there be any city surroundings?

I don't know, maybe swamps?

Don't know if is geographically correct but that would be cool, i mean, we already get "cropped" versions of real life cities.

3. What should be the atmosphere of the game?

Isn't Miami a mess, they have dark rainy days followed by sunny and bright afternoons, right?

With all that tropical and humid weather.

4. Should the story be more serious or more light-hearted?

"Serious" like IV, i took itself seriously but there was plenty of silliness around it, wasn't a sitcom like V.

5. Should the story take place in the past or the present?

Present, we already had miami TWICE on his more decadent era, would be stupid to break the timeline now.

6. How many protagonists (playable characters) should there be?

Not against 3 characters as long as they can handle it and the story doesn't suffer for it, but more than 3 would be bad.

7. Should there finally be a female protagonist?

As long there's multiple characters and is not a joke, i'm ok.

8. Should the protagonist/s have any pet animals?

Sure, a gator called Elvis would be cool.

*Reference*

9. What should be the main theme of the game?

Death of crime.

10. What should the antagonists be like?

A cartel member would be badass.

11. What kind of criminal/s should the protagonist/s be?

I would be so happy with a crooked cop....

• Like 6

1. In which city should the story take place in? Somewhere in the Midwest, please

2. Should there be any city surroundings? No sh*t. The Midwest would be boring with just one city, anyway

3. What should be the atmosphere of the game? What does the Midwest feels like?

4. Should the story be more serious or more light-hearted? Somewhere in between

5. Should the story take place in the past or the present? Present

6. How many protagonists (playable characters) should there be? One

7. Should there finally be a female protagonist? Not really, unless R* can model female character better

8. Should the protagonist/s have any pet animals? Err...

9. What should be the main theme of the game? Something something automotive and crime related with a dash of revenge

10. What should the antagonists be like? Crooked cops and mafia boss combo

11. What kind of criminal/s should the protagonist/s be? Hired hitman and racer

Edited by unbid
  • Like 1

unknown.png

Chicago or Seattle.

Nah.

Dark and depressing, but with some funny moments.

The story should be serious.

Present.

Two. One male, one female.

See above.

No.

Revenge and survival.

The people who betrays you.

Male protagonist should be a father who wants to kill the guys who murdered his son.

Female protagonist should be a person who doesn't want to be a criminal, but her connections with male protagonist caused she has to take a gun, get into a criminal underworld and survive.

Edited by Phnx.
  • Like 1

1. In which city should the story take place in? (Liberty City/ Vice City/ Los Santos/ San Fierro/ Las Venturas/ Other (specify)):

Vice city of course, if not, Las Venturas

2. Should there be any city surroundings? - specify (i.e. forests, deserts, etc.):

I can imagine some countryside around areas of Vice city and a lot of big beaches, if it's Las Venturas then a lot of desert

3. What should be the atmosphere of the game? (Dark and depressing/ Light and cheery/ Other (specify)):

I don't mind.

4. Should the story be more serious or more light-hearted? (Serious/ Light-hearted/ In-between):

I don't mind, again.

In the present, I'd love to see Vice city in the modern day.

6. How many protagonists (playable characters) should there be? (One/ Two/ Three/ More than three (specify)):

3 protagonists, I'd like to see temporary playable characters or characters that replace other characters though.

Yes, if not, atleast have a female character that has a big role in the story.

If it's the same as Chop gameplay wise, yes.

9. What should be the main theme of the game? - specify (i.e. revenge story, criminal drama, heists, love story, etc.):

Anything that the GTA series hasn't done before.

10. What should the antagonists be like? - specify (i.e. crooked cops, government agents, gang leaders, etc.):

Probably crooked cops, I don't really see gangs playing a huge role in a modern day Vice city.

11. What kind of criminal/s should the protagonist/s be? - specify (i.e. errand boy, racer, hired gun, etc.):

Whatever they are, I want them to be different to each other, they should have more varied backgrouds than V did such as coming from different places and being associated with different people, not that V had bad character backgrounds but it would be interesting to see completely different characters join together, it's like if you make Claude, Tommy and CJ meet together.
  • Like 1

I'll nibble as well;

A Massively Expanded New Liberty City with the Semi-Immediate New Liberty Region, and State of New Alderney (including a redone and expanded New Alderney Section of what was in IV).

The Same type of Surrounds to what there is in Real Life.

A similar tone to what was in the IV Trilogy.

In Between. Serious for the most part.

Set in multiple Story Eras/Arcs in the Eighties, and Nineties.

Two.

One of the Protagonists is a Female New Liberty State Trooper.

N/A.

A 'Cat and Mouse' based Story, with a Criminal Drama Theme.

Female Protagonist: Gang Leaders (and Members)/Mobsters, and some Corrupt Police.

Male Protagonist: Government Agents, and Interfering (Non-Corrupt) Officers.

The other Male Protagonist is a Rising Star in a Drug Dealing Syndicate.

• Like 1

I love questionaires!

Other. I'd like to see R* go somewhere new and where they've never been before, some city in the north like Chicago or Vancouver or somewhere with suburban and countryside similar to LS and Blaine County.

Plenty of forests and lakes and snowcapped mountains.

Somewhere in between, a realist approach, nothing too depressing but no fireworks either.

In between, a good balance between the two.

Present.

Two. One male, one female. No romantic relationship. Both start in the game as strangers then get to know each other later.

Yes, please. Looking at you R*.

Yes, why not. A dog that can accompany them whenever you like would be cool, not just for walkies like Chop in V. Maybe a dumb cat that can just stay at home, or a hamster than can be petted, or a goldfish. Maybe just a dog.

Revenge, looking for answers about something that happened in the past.

Male - undercover cop doing his own personal investigation on the side. Female - tomboy rally biker turned small time criminal.

Male - as above, undercover cop doing dirty and illegal work to solve a case. Female - illegal racer.

Exactly how I would've answered, especially about the male and female parts :)

Edited by BlackSnow176

MiamiViceCity1986

Well I think Vice City is the next logical location, but I would love a GTA adaptation of Boston.

To be honest I want to see an urban environment map again so no I don't think there should be.

Dark and depressing.

Mostly serious with sprinkles of light heartedness. Basically similar to GTA IV.

Present. The 1970s is the only period place I would like to visit. We've been to the 80s and 90s enough.

One. It's easier to invest into one protagonist than two or more IMO.

The idea of a female of a female protagonist has always intrigued me, but I think it's best reserved for story DLC for now.

Haha I think it would be cool to have a parrot or something like Tony in San Andreas.

I would love to see a full blown mafia themed story.

Seeing as I wasn't a fan of government agents being antagonists in GTA V I would prefer a return to more traditional type antagonists like a mafia don, ex best friend etc.

This ties in with the story above, but I would like a mafiaso as the protagonist and perhaps add a spin to it where he builds his own family similar to The Godfather games.

• Like 5

GTA Vice City Signature+Avatar Combo Request | PlayStation Universe

slimeball supreme

[delet this]

Edited by Mr. Fartenhate
  • Like 2

rh498Js.png

killdrivetheftvehicle

Other: in a whole bunch of cities, including all gta featured american cities.

forests, deserts, cornfields, wetlands, mountains, hills, plains

Other: variable

In-between

Near past

Three

Yes

I don't care

criminal drama, and humor

An unforgiving former business associate (criminal) you betrayed because of false info/ Rich influential hypocrite racist father who you let down by marrying a black man/ Schylock you owe money because of gambling

11. What kind of criminals should the protagonists be?

Car Stealing Nephew to a Cartel Boss/ Rogue FIB Agent (Woman)/ Con Artist

• Like 1

1. Carcer City

2. No. Just city.

3. Dark and depressing:

4. In-between

5. Past

6. One

7. No

8. No

9. Criminal Drama

10. A good mix of gang leaders, corrupt officials etc.

11. A protagonist who has done different types of crime

Hey there :catloaf:

As we all know, Rockstar has always strived to do something different with each title. They always seems to make innovations within the series with each release - be it the licensed music and bikes of Vice City, the virtual pet perspective of San Andreas, the decision system and "realism" of GTA IV, the three protagonists of GTA V and the addition of animals...

GTA VI has the potential to do great things if everything goes right. There are so many ways it could improve on both GTA IV and GTA V, and even the 3D era. Who knows?

I'm making this poll about the plot specifically, as there are too many "wishlists" about future GTA's already. Since you could only add 3 questions in the poll, please answer the following questions, and give details as to why you chose a certain answer:

1-I would like Vice City or Las Venturas

2-countryside and swamps if it's in VC or desert if it's LV,and a few towns around the main city

3-I'd like something similar to VC or LS (GTA SA version) or LV atmosphere

4-in between

5-past,preferably 80s or 70s

6-not more than 3 (if there would be 3 and if they want to develop them all well,there should be at least around a 100 story missions,GTA 5 had too few for 3 protagonists)

7-if there would be multiple protagonists,they could make one of them female

8-maybe,I don't really care as long as we wouldn't have to take care of them

9-gang theme (mobs,biker gangs,street gangs...),maybe rivalries for control of territory or drug trade

10-rival gangs and their leaders,maybe some crooked cops could also appear,but not in a major role like Haines and Norton

11-I'd like an outlaw biker,but I wouldn't mind something like a car thief/street racer or maybe a latino gangster

Edited by LeopardGecko
  • Like 1

1. In which city should the story take place in? (Liberty City/ Vice City/ Los Santos/ San Fierro/ Las Venturas/ Other (specify)):A snowy Liberty City

2. Should there be any city surroundings? - specify (i.e. forests, deserts, etc.): Forests, deserts, snowy mountains

3. What should be the atmosphere of the game? (Dark and depressing/ Light and cheery/ Other (specify)): Dark and depressing

4. Should the story be more serious or more light-hearted? (Serious/ Light-hearted/ In-between): Serious

5. Should the story take place in the past or the present? (Past/ Present): Present

6. How many protagonists (playable characters) should there be? (One/ Two/ Three/ More than three (specify)): One

7. Should there finally be a female protagonist? (Yes/ No/ Not sure): No

8. Should the protagonist/s have any pet animals? (Yes/ No): No

9. What should be the main theme of the game? - specify (i.e. revenge story, criminal drama, heists, love story, etc.): Criminal drama with psychological analysises of characters

10. What should the antagonists be like? - specify (i.e. crooked cops, government agents, gang leaders, etc.): Government agents. I loved Mike Toreno, Steve Haines, UL Paper

11. What kind of criminal/s should the protagonist/s be? - specify (i.e. errand boy, racer, hired gun, etc.): A former psychiatrist who became a criminal mastermind.

Edited by DoctorStar
  • Like 1

1 - Las Venturas

2 - Deserts

3 - Not exactly dark and depressing, but with a realistic tone

4 - In-between

5 - Past ('70s)

6 - Two

7 - Yes

8 - You may be able to buy one if you want

9 - Casinos/Mob

10 - Other criminals

11 - A male criminal and his girlfriend

KingofVenturas

San Fierro and Las Venturas

Forests, desert, dam, several small towns (and don't place them right next to each other like Sandy Shores and Grapeseed)

Ghetto should be depressing, Rich areas should be colerful and light (but underneath the surface just as dark and depressing)

One character dark and one more light (until their stories collide)

preferably present (but maybe the 90's could work)

Yes, but make it feel organic, not just for the sake of "diversity"

maybe, but not killable

When is it time to make enough money to retire, and at what point is it about being addicted to the lifestyle/adrenaline

Other criminals competing for the same jobs, possibly a cartel / mob family

1 should take jobs for higher up criminals, the other protagonist should be just starting their criminal life (not a former gang member) , circumstances force them into that life.

Edited by KingofVenturas
  • Like 1

San Fierro and Las Venturas

Forests, desert, dam, several small towns (and don't place them right next to each other like Sandy Shores and Grapeseed)

Ghetto should be depressing, Rich areas should be colerful and light (but underneath the surface just as dark and depressing)

One character dark and one more light (until their stories collide)

preferably present (but maybe the 90's could work)

Yes, but make it feel organic, not just for the sake of "diversity"

maybe, but not killable

When is it time to make enough money to retire, and at what point is it about being addicted to the lifestyle/adrenaline

Other criminals competing for the same jobs, possibly a cartel / mob family

1 should take jobs for higher up criminals, the other protagonist should be just starting their criminal life (not a former gang member) , circumstances force them into that life.

This sounds like a great plot :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Any city other than Vice City. I prefer San Fierro over the other choices.

I don't mind not having non-urban surroundings, unless they serve as a natural barrier between two distant cities (e.g. San Fierro and Las Venturas).

Something in the middle between Dark and Depressing, Light and Cheery. If I had to pick only an extreme choice, I would go with Dark and Depressing.

Serious as was in III, VC , IV, and to an extent, SA.

In the past.

Only one protagonist. I wouldn't mind playing other characters in additional story content.

No, I don't see a female protagonist working properly in a Grand Theft Auto game.

Doesn't matter for me.

Criminal drama.

Gang leaders.

A hired gun who makes money by working for different criminal organizations.

Edited by Jabalous

A remastered Vice City.

Forests, swamps in the case of VC. Islands.

Both. Maybe Light and cheery turning into Dark and Depressing.

In-between.

Present

Two, however, don't make it switchable at any time until the end. During the game, make it so one of the characters disappears, or something happens to them, then you'll have to play with the second character until you find/save/know what happened to the other.

I don't see why not. Even Max Payne 2 did it, even though you switched for 5 minutes each time.

No, but there definitely should be animals.

Revenge story.

Gang leaders.

Hired gun.

• Like 1

1. The city should be Chicago, for plot reasons.

2. The city surroundings should be nothing but urban sprawl, for plot reasons.

3. The atmosphere should be something of that like LA Noire. It wasn't cheery, and it wasn't dark, rather it was kind of neutral.

4. The story should be in-between for plot reasons.

5. In the present day, but largely influenced by 90's and 00's themes. (Simply because I want to hear Fatboy Slim on the radio again.)

6. Just one permanent character, but make others temporarily playable.

7. I won't bother making a sarcastic comment (mainly because sarcasm is impossible to convey on the Internet), but rather say no. GTA will probably never fall into the P.C. audience and for that reason no female character should come anytime soon.

8. Yes. There will be a kangaroo that you can ride on, for...you get drift.

9. The main theme of the game will be the sense of brotherhood that people get with each other, with a focus on just how easily it can be broken with thighs like power and greed.

10. The antagonists, in a plot twist are actually the people you once worked with.

11. The protagonist should be an anarchist armed with fire bombs and the aforementioned kangaroo.

Just imagine the Watch Dogs 2 World Reveal. Replace USBS with floppy disks. Imagine the music being played over the video is The Rockfella Skank by Fatboy Slim. Replace the drone with the kangaroo. Replace San Francisco with Chicago. Remove the hacking and replace it with firebombing.

And there you have my vision of what GTA 6 looks like.

1. Boston.

2. Forests, hills, farmlands.

3. It's Boston. Dark and depressing.

4. More lighthearted than GTA IV, I suppose. A blend.

5. Present.

6. Don't really care. 2 would be workable.

7. No.

8. Don't care.

9. The collapse of the Irish mob.

10. Government agents. No singular "antagonist" in particular; just the menacing prospect of collapse and incarceration.

11. Errand boy(s) for the Irish mob.

• Like 1

San Fierro and Las Venturas.

Forests for San Fierro, and deserts for Las Venturas.

Dark and depressing.

Serious.

Present.

One.

No thanks.

Nope

Crime.

A gang leader, or a friend that betrays you.

Hired gun.

Edited by Cluckin' Bell

Vice City

Whatever the city surroundings of Miami are

Light and cheery sounds pretty gay but since it's Vice City it shouldn't be dark and depressing

Serious

Present

Don't care

Maybe

Don't care

Criminal drama

Gang leaders and crooked cops

Don't care

A new city. R* will saw off a branch under themselves if they reuse an old setting again. There are more than 5 cities in the world ffs. GTA should be about exploring new environments, and trying new stuff, not constantly rehashing old ideas. This is what franchises die on.

Everything. Suburbs, forrests, deserts, quarries, small inhabited islands in the ocean. What's important is that there aren't just empty spaces, unless that's an area deliberately made to feel lonely. And if so, it should be between places, not a whole surrounding.

If I should pick just one, I'll pick suburbs.

It can be whatever if it's coherent, smart and fits the story, characters and environment.

Like before, just make it consistent.

Future. The past gets boring quickly and present is milked to death. Or present, but not in America.

3 or more, but they need to show different angles of the story

Fine with me if she's good and not the stereotypical female badass

F*ck no, I'm not here to play the f*cking sims. Well okay one can have a pet tiger but that's it

Heists, scores, mafia; I'd also welcome a playable party from the other side (cops/detectives).

Also stop with the revenge and betrayal plots, it's getting ridiculous.

Realistic with proper motivations

Not retarded

Edited by RogerWho
  • Like 1

1. In1. In which city should the story take place in? (Liberty City/ Vice City/ Los Santos/ San Fierro/ Las Venturas/ Other (specify)): Vice City

2. Should there be any city surroundings? - specify (i.e. forests, deserts, etc.): I want a swamp somewhere, Florida has the Everglades I'd like a swamp. And gators as enemies like cougars in V and RDR

3. What should be the atmosphere of the game? (Dark and depressing/ Light and cheery/ Other (specify)): A mix of dark and depressing and light and cheery

4. Should the story be more serious or more light-hearted? (Serious/ Light-hearted/ In-between): A mix of both

5. Should the story take place in the past or the present? (Past/ Present): Present

6. How many protagonists (playable characters) should there be? (One/ Two/ Three/ More than three (specify)): One or two

7. Should there finally be a female protagonist? (Yes/ No/ Not sure): Yes, as long as the female isn't forced. I'd like a Bonnie Clyde dynamic between the duo

8. Should the protagonist/s have any pet animals? (Yes/ No): Woof

9. What should be the main theme of the game? - specify (i.e. revenge story, criminal drama, heists, love story, etc.): Criminal Drama and some Heists(Pure profit unlike V)

10. What should the antagonists be like? - specify (i.e. crooked cops, government agents, gang leaders, etc.): Crime Family

11. What kind of criminal/s should the protagonist/s be? - specify (i.e. errand boy, racer, hired gun, etc.): Hired guns and bank robbers

1. Vice City

2. Swamp if it's Vice City, desert if Las Venturas

3. I would like a dark and depressing GTA game but VC should have happy atmosphere

4. Serious

5. 80s to be specific but would like to see the 90s too

6. Maybe two or one good written character

7. No

8. No

9. Criminal drama, mafia

10. Crime family

11. Hired gun

1. A supermap of the south, with the main cities being Vice City, a fictionalized version of several other Florida cities, and a fictionalized version of New Orleans.

2. Marshlands/swamp, bayou and forests in New Orleans area, very expansive ocean and beaches, a large national park southwest of Vice City based on the Everglades.

3. Glamorous and cheery on the surface but with a very dark underbelly, like real life Miami.

4. Dark and serious, but with plenty moments of humor like in GTA IV.

5. Present. We explored 80s VC in the original game, now it's time to see how it's changed.

6. Up to three, as long as they don't go over that.

7. Sure, as long as she's done correctly and with tasks and missions that realistically fit the jobs given to female criminals. If she picks up a gun every once in awhile that's fine, but most of the shooting and combat missions should be preserved for the men. If they pull it off right, she could be one of the most interesting characters in the franchise.

8. It'd be a cool little feature to buy a pet.

9. A crime drama similar to GTA IV in terms of tone (mostly dark but with plenty of overarching comedy). I could see a brother and sister situation, living in the ghetto in a gang until they are brought down into a life of crime by an older criminal recently turned to a criminal lifestyle (similar to Walter and Jesse's dynamic in Breaking Bad). Maybe the older guy would be a former cop who quit his job or was fired and turned to crime instead.

10. Maybe the antagonist would be another high-ranking criminal with more experience than you, looking to use you as a means to their own empire's end as the protagonists' empire is built, like Gus from Breaking Bad.

11. Like I said, a former crooked cop and two small-time street kids sucked into his nefarious affairs.

1. ​Los Santos, Las Venturas and San Fierro. The Entire State of San Andreas, including towns.

2. Yes, the state will feature deserts, large forests, and farmlands. Basically a map 3/4 times the size of GTA V.

3. Light and Cheery Downtown and Tourist locations, Dark and Gritty in slums, and combination in countryside

4. In between. The story should be both serious, but with enough fun

5. Present

6. Three + Online characters. Possible character creation would be nice as well.

7. Yes, would be fun :)

8. Yes, pets are a fun addition to the series.

9. Heists and criminal drama. Basically each of the protagonists has its own problems, and a lot of problems can be solved with money.

10. I think multiple antagonists, a combination of all.

11. Any kind, a combination of all, divided over the different characters.

Las Venturas - the only city on that list which has only one entry to its name.

Deserts and canyons, scattered with towns and villages each with their own economies and agendas.

Dark and gritty in the rural regions, bright and cheerful in the city.

Serious-to-in-between.

Either would be fine.

One. A well-developed lead role is better than numerous punchline protagonists. I'd maybe go for two, but only if they're vastly different and aren't in each others pockets for most of the story.

Not sure.

Should? No, but then again it's not something that really comes to mind when mowing down hookers.

Criminal drama with a couple of self-driven heists (it is Las Venturas, after all), and empire building.

All of the above, just less of the corrupt government & crooked cop angles this time.

Hired gun with ambition, as a starting point.

Edited by HoleInTheSky

Mirror Park Resident

Vice City.

Everglades.

Cheery.

Balanced.

Present.

3 are good.

If there are more than 1 protag, then YES.

Yes, but I don't really care.

Each character should have a different motivation.

All of them.

The perfect trio would have a corrupt "white collar" protag, a lowlifer protag, and a professional or specialist protag (like Lester, but capable of doing physical jobs on his own).

Edited by Perez84