2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Newly added muscle cars have no performance Why?

beretta-gt88

I don't understand the performance of the last muscle cars we've been given lately smh.......... It started with the Nightshade it looks awesome the stats on the Legendarymotorsports site looks good then I buy it and it's a POS Now the Tampa is a POS also The Faction is the best Muscle Car added so far performance wise, except the problem with bumping curbs makes it flip WTF! is R* problem lately sure add great performing Sports Cars and Supers but take huge a sh*t on the Muscle Cars Why? There's a reason there called MUSCLE CARS Does R* not know what that means.

Williard Faction slow acceleration 111mph top speed bumping curbs causes flipping

Imponte Nightshade slowest acceleration 104.5 top speed Can't compete in races

Declasse Tampa slower acceleration 105.5 top speed Can't compete in races

I have a feeling whatever new Muscle Car that R* adds will look great but have the performance of a lawnmower ........really sad :)

• Like 1

They're classic low riders. Things of beauty. They aren't fast because you aren't supposed to be driving them fast.

I feel a more fitting question is "Why do some people think every car released at this point has to be a competitive racer?" Some of us, myself included, couldn't give two f*cks about racing.

[EDIT] This post refers exclusively to the Faction, I worded it poorly. I'm fully aware the other two are not Lowriders. In my opinion the Tampa is perfectly fine performance-wise, and I'm indifferent to the Nightshade.

Edited by ninjaontour

I believe it's trying to balance the performance aspects of each class, if every vehicle added was fast or about the same people would just get rid of all their other

cars and keep the fastest.

Not everyone goes racing in GTA Online so this is not the only measure of a car that has to be taken into account, it has to be done for the non racing parts of the game,

besides and I'm sure someone will pull the correct details but those seem realistic top speeds for the era those cars are from.

• Like 2

They're classic low riders. Things of beauty. They aren't fast because you aren't supposed to be driving them fast.

I feel a more fitting question is "Why do some people think every car released at this point has to be a competitive racer?" Some of us, myself included, couldn't give two f*cks about racing.

they don't understand the concept of low riders.
  • Like 2

CaptianBackwoods

The Tampa an Nightshade ain't lowriders. The Nightshade is modeled on a performance Camaro, not an actual 1970 Camaro, it's got an LS engine in it not the standard GM 350, this means a lot more power. Tampa being a 310 and an older car, the stats fit it pretty well.

• Like 1

The Tampa and the Nightshade are meant to be Lowriders now?

Wow, you truly learn something new everyday...

• Like 2

I don't understand the performance of the last muscle cars we've been given lately smh.......... It started with the Nightshade it looks awesome the stats on the Legendarymotorsports site looks good then I buy it and it's a POS Now the Tampa is a POS also The Faction is the best Muscle Car added so far performance wise, except the problem with bumping curbs makes it flip WTF! is R* problem lately sure add great performing Sports Cars and Supers but take huge a sh*t on the Muscle Cars Why? There's a reason there called MUSCLE CARS Does R* not know what that means.

Williard Faction slow acceleration 111mph top speed bumping curbs causes flipping

Imponte Nightshade slowest acceleration 104.5 top speed Can't compete in races

Declasse Tampa slower acceleration 105.5 top speed Can't compete in races

I have a feeling whatever new Muscle Car that R* adds will look great but have the performance of a lawnmower ........really sad :)

The R in rockstar stands for RETARDED.. What more is there to say?

They are the only game dev in history to make such high quality games.. yet screw up the most basic of basic things.. Even a crossed eyed chimp could better balance this game.

Seriously.. Its f*ckin' pathetic and I feel your pain.

Pointing out issues to R* is like trying to house train a wild dog that sh*ts all over the floor.

Edited by HulioG
  • Like 4

Exactly i see people complain about LR2 possible update.. Shame really is just because hasn't got t20 speed
  • Like 1

xInfamousRYANx

I believe it's trying to balance the performance aspects of each class, if every vehicle added was fast or about the same people would just get rid of all their other

cars and keep the fastest.

Not everyone goes racing in GTA Online so this is not the only measure of a car that has to be taken into account, it has to be done for the non racing parts of the game,

besides and I'm sure someone will pull the correct details but those seem realistic top speeds for the era those cars are from.

"In July 1985, Car and Driver found that the Buick Regal Grand National could run 0-60 mph (0-97 km/h) in 7.5 seconds and do the standing quarter mile (402 m) in 15.7 seconds at 87 mph (140 km/h), with a top speed of 121 mph (195 km/h)."

Theoretical Top Speed of the 1973 Camaro z28 117 MPH

• Like 2

CaptianBackwoods

Again. Only one of the cars he listed is a Lowrider, do any of you actually play the game?

haha. So you just arbitrarily give him a pass for complaining about the faction?

It's not about being competitive, its about making sense really, look up the cars R* took inspiration from, specially the Nightshade, that is suppossed to be a restomod but can't even beat a goddamn Picador.

The Faction in the other hand is actually quite fast, but it IS broken, its the ONLY car in the entire game that flips on its wheels when you hit a curb.

It's not about being competitive, its about making sense really, look up the cars R* took inspiration from, specially the Nightshade, that is suppossed to be a restomod but can't even beat a goddamn Picador.

The Faction in the other hand is actually quite fast, but it IS broken, its the ONLY car in the entire game that flips on its wheels when you hit a curb.

my bucc and voodoo do this also...must be just me.

I've also learned to ride high if I don't want this to occur.

Edited by TreFacTor
  • Like 1

In it's stock form? Because that's the case with Faction, just see it for yourself.

CaptianBackwoods

haha. So you just arbitrarily give him a pass for complaining about the faction?

Well, the Faction is broke, stock it clips on any curb, if you hit it the wrong way, only car that does that.

In it's stock form? Because that's the case with Faction, just see it for yourself.voodoo yes bucc of course not.

xInfamousRYANx

Ive been thinking and i think the hitbox of the Faction and Faction Custom were swapped. The Voodoo Vustom and Bucanneer custom dont handle curbs well like stock counterparts yet the faction custom has almost no issue

Edited by xInfamousRYANx

They're classic low riders. Things of beauty. They aren't fast because you aren't supposed to be driving them fast. I wish more people would understand this...

• Like 1

In it's stock form? Because that's the case with Faction, just see it for yourself.voodoo yes bucc of course not.

Funny, my stock rusty Voodoo goes over curbs just fine, so as my Buccaneer.

With the stock Faction, that is definitely a issue with the hitbox.

People cant read for sh*t on these forums. f*ck the Faction. All the other cars he mentioned are not Lowriders.

Also, the Faction is based on a FAST car. Making it a Lowrider doesn't change that. A GNX is fast.

People cant read for sh*t on these forums. f*ck the Faction. All the other cars he mentioned are not Lowriders.

Also, the Faction is based on a FAST car. Making it a Lowrider doesn't change that. A GNX is fast.

just being cheeky with my first response... I forgot to add the smiley.

:)

But to lump the faction in there for performance complaints doesn't seem right. As you stated it doesn't take any performance hit and it's only downfall it's had since day one.

Edited by TreFacTor

I don't think any of these cars were meant for serious track racing, and that is the main point that has to be understood here.

Rockstar have put a lot of cars into this game that are more about the looks more than anything else.

I believe that this game is aiming in a "fast & furious" kind of direction, with a lot more emphasis on street racing, posing the cars, looking cool, and hanging out. Ok, so *some* of that is about racing, but when people do the street races, chances are they will all be out in their best looking cars, and balance isn't necessary, as its the fun that is had in simply completing an ad-hoc street race without wrecking the car. No-one can run at max speed in the busy streets of LS with traffic and police about, so the challenge lies in getting there first which in turn relies on no-one crashing, which is uncertain.

Has anyone noticed that the game "nags" you more now to run impromptu races? See, theres the rub.

CaptianBackwoods

I don't think any of these cars were meant for serious track racing, and that is the main point that has to be understood here.

Rockstar have put a lot of cars into this game that are more about the looks more than anything else.

I believe that this game is aiming in a "fast & furious" kind of direction, with a lot more emphasis on street racing, posing the cars, looking cool, and hanging out. Ok, so *some* of that is about racing, but when people do the street races, chances are they will all be out in their best looking cars, and balance isn't necessary, as its the fun that is had in simply completing an ad-hoc street race without wrecking the car. No-one can run at max speed in the busy streets of LS with traffic and police about, so the challenge lies in getting there first which in turn relies on no-one crashing, which is uncertain.

Has anyone noticed that the game "nags" you more now to run impromptu races? See, theres the rub.

Regardless of whut they're made for, the Nightshade is based on a car with an LS engine puttin out 410 HP. No part of that means slow.

• Like 2

only one of them is a lowrider, and it's based on a GNX/Grand National... It's ment to be fast. Tbh they should all be fast

• Like 1

This is about the principle of the matter here. Theres no reason it should be so slow..

And if anything if you like the cars.. You should not care if people want it buffed to be actually competitive in races. You should support it.

If you like the cars 'slow'... and they get buffed. Just don't use the best upgrades and nothing effects you.

Edited by HulioG
  • Like 3

only one of them is a lowrider, and it's based on a GNX/Grand National... It's ment to be fast. Tbh they should all be fast

They are all fast, mate. Every last one of them is quick. Maybe not T20/Osiris quick, but still pretty f*cking quick.

I drive the Faction an awful lot, I f*cking love it. It can put down some serious speed in a straight as long as you have the room to get her kicking.

The main point of my first post is that not everything has to be a class-topping speed freak. Nor does it have to be directly comparable to any real life car.

Edited by ninjaontour
  • Like 1