3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

A Petition for a Small DLC

Billy Benedict

Billy Benedict

Despite popular opinion here, Rockstar do listen to fans.

There are many small things people wish we available in Single player, and I have conceptualized a very small dlc could realize these ideas. If enough of us spam Rockstar support with a support ticket copied and pasted from here, or if enough of us fans make noise in this fourm, Rockstar might listen.

I propose a very small (possibly paid) DLC/patch that includes the following:

-An Option to wear body armor over the player character's clothing and outfits in GTA V, similar to GTA ONLINE.

-A more robust Interaction Menu that allows player to use the vehicle interaction features available after the Lowriders update, and possibly the use of snacks in single player.

-Showering and Radio interaction available in single player like GTA ONLINE.

-Backup that works similar to Terry and Clay in GTA: The Lost and Dammed. The player would go through the contact list on their phone and select a contact, for a new option called "Backup" to be added underneath the "Hangout" option. Franklin would be able to phone Lamar for him and two Families members to arrive at the players location in Lamar's Albany Emperor. Trevor can phone Chef for him and two NPCs from the "Alamo" selection of actors (in director mode) to arrive near the player in a Bravado Paradise van. Micheal can phone Lester for three "Mob" NPCs to arrive in an Albany Washington. (Another option for Lester's back up option would be for the player's GTA ONLINE character to arrive to guard Micheal)

-Some customization options like chains, watches and scarves from GTA ONLINE being available for GTA V

I think that this small patch would make the game slightly more immersive for many players, and shouldn't be too taxing on the developers side. If it is, I'm pretty sure some of the larger features could be released in a paid DLC for a lower price point. This is a reason I didn't include anything large like lowrider customization or extra missions and side activities as I figured they would save that for single player DLC.

Please voice your opinions down below and please vote and share this thread in hope Rockstar can see it and give us more tools to play with in this sandbox.

*Also I would personally wish for an option for an even lower camera option to be available when in vehicles, one similar to the camera style of GTA IV. The one currently featured in GTA V is very high, even with the low option selected. While this works for some of the larger vehicles, it makes some of the smaller vehicles look like toys on the screen, as they take up very little of the screen. (Ex. the Nightshade, the Massacro, and the Felon GT. The last one in particular should feel like I'm driving a full-size sedan yet it there is so much negetive space on screen that it feels like I'm not. The details on the vehicles are incredible and I would greatly appreciate a camera view that gives a very close up and cinematic view of it)

Edited by Billy Benedict

CaptainBicycle

In my book, petitions don't usually work. However, count my signature cause hey, what am I losing, right? Don't sign me up for spam duty, though. Not only does it not work, but R* doesn't deserve it either.

I'd also like to add to the list, tons of new switching scenes for the trio!

I'm in love with these and feel like wanting unlimited of them. They're such a cool and innovative concept.

Hope to see more in future updates.

Oh, and Petitions don't work, but prayers do wonders. So think about the latter.

• Like 1

Pink Pineapple

I'd pay $9.99 for all the online vehicles and some repeating activities like vigilante / bounty hunter and car thefts which require different approaches (stealth or guns blazing).

Billy Benedict

Pettitions do work. Before the game was released a bunch of law enfourcement fans make a lot of noise in this fourn about led lights and better police cars after trailer 2 and then they delivered. Notice i said (trailer two) so if enough people bitch they will listen lol

• Like 1

I don't recall any of the petitions eventually working from 2001's "bring GTA3 to PC!1!!1!1!1" to the most recent one in 2015 (whatever that was).

The PC ports don't really count though because they were in the works anyway.

We should be able to hunt random online looking characters for their bounties in SP. See a chrome or lime green super with an obnoxious horn drive by and blow them up or keep their car as it could be a DLC car not in SP, and earn $50k since it's a single player bounty and money isn't as important.

Honestly, R* should observe the most common actions in Online and script them into SP. Random wars between NPC's and jets dive bombing, tanks roaming around, rarely, Kurumas bashing through the streets. Since these would be just scripted events in single player, there wouldn't be any necessity for grieving since it's all random NPC's. This would be a true introduction to GTA Online, without the need to actually go online.

Petitions don't work unless the matter is actually serious and handled properly.

But you can always share your ideas in their suggestions email, that's were they will be more likely to listen to you.

Pettitions do work. Before the game was released a bunch of law enfourcement fans make a lot of noise in this fourn about led lights and better police cars after trailer 2 and then they delivered. Notice i said (trailer two) so if enough people bitch they will listen lol

Nah these people have Jobs I don't think they care about what a few people on the internet say about them.

[Video]

[/Video]

I'm actually fine that they don't listen sometimes imagine if they did we would have had zombies and aliens and probably every 12 year olds wet dream in the game already screwing up the series.

Edited by Zello
  • Like 2

Billy Benedict

Petitions don't work unless the matter is actually serious and handled properly.

But you can always share your ideas in their suggestions email, that's were they will be more likely to listen to you.

So what about this was not properly stated and handled? Just honeslty asking.

The matter is just not serious enough, my post was mostly refered to real life issues and the way they are handled, example that is happening in my neighborhood:

A landfill is being made too close to a residential area where I live, the awful smell it generates, pollution and overall unconfort, combined with the fact that the landfill alone brings down property prices by a lot, made our neighbors unite and create a petition to stop the construction, 1000 signatures were collected and the petition was formely presented to the city hall, it worked and now the construction is cancelled, the company will have ti find another place to build their landfill.

But creating a petition just for those changes on a videogame?

Why do that if you can just share the idea in their e-mail where you will be most likely to be listened, its much easier and you don't even need signatures for that.

I don't know, I just think people using petitions back and forth for rather small issues like this doesn't really make sense.

That is all.

Billy Benedict

The matter is just not serious enough, my post was mostly refered to real life issues and the way they are handled, example that is happening in my neighborhood:

A landfill is being made too close to a residential area where I live, the awful smell it generates, pollution and overall unconfort, combined with the fact that the landfill alone brings down property prices by a lot, made our neighbors unite and create a petition to stop the construction, 1000 signatures were collected and the petition was formely presented to the city hall, it worked and now the construction is cancelled, the company will have ti find another place to build their landfill.

Why do that if you can just share the idea in their e-mail where you will be most likely to be listened, its much easier and you don't even need signatures for that.

I don't know, I just think people using petitions back and forth for rather small issues like this doesn't really make sense.

That is all.

I like grand theft auto and i wanted some changes to the game to be made. I figured that if other people liked this idea we could all get it in the game. Stregth in numbers.

Also please stop being a kill joy. I like gta and you do too, if you dont agree with my petition or my ideas you dont have to classify them as insignificant.

Petitions do actually help and work. Take a look at the Avaaz Network for example.

To be honest, i don't think a forum vote will make any difference.

A better idea for example would be to open such a petition on the Avaaz Network.

On the other hand, if you check some of the petitions there, it wouldn't really fit in.

Edited by DoubledRelic696

I would want only three things from Online in SP:

1. Some of Male MP Online clothing ported for the three StoryMode protalgonists (especially for Franklin and Michael, I don't care much about Trevor);

2. Bennyworks and Heist Yacht;

3. Heists vehicles...

NOTHING more than that...

Edited by 65536
  • Like 1

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ad placeable NPC's to scene creator, in Director Mode, and I'll pay $20 for it.

That is all.

I like grand theft auto and i wanted some changes to the game to be made. I figured that if other people liked this idea we could all get it in the game. Stregth in numbers.

Also please stop being a kill joy. I like gta and you do too, if you dont agree with my petition or my ideas you dont have to classify them as insignificant.

I agree. Stop being a killjoy. One persons problems should never overshadow another's.

A court system doesn't ignore one case, because another case is more serious, and someone should never be ignored for being suicidal, because someone else is genocidal.

It may not be a real world problem for you, but videogames in my own experience help distract you from real world problems. If I didn't have videogames I would've probably kille myself a long time ago. They stop my brain from thinking and letting paranoia build up to be detrimental.

I have a full time job, I pay my taxes, why should my my problems be ignored because you have problems?

Edited by CKR187
  • Like 1

Like I said, I think this doesn't need a petition, specially if you remember that all you need to do is send your suggestion to their e-mail and hope they listen to it, I'm not being a killjoy here because I'm not shooting down your DLC concept, which in fact is actually pretty good.

All I'm saying is that there's a easier and more effective way to this.

But hey, if you really want to go ahead with a petition then go for it, it's your time and you waste it however you want.

• Like 1

SmokesWithCigs

how about a patch that fixes the game. a patch that will have the weed farm respawn , money cases in ocean crash sites and wrecks and all the property management missions spawning especially the downtown cab missions the only one that really does work is smoke on the water. as long as the game works i will be happy. that patch is petition worthy to me.

Billy Benedict

Like I said, I think this doesn't need a petition, specially if you remember that all you need to do is send your suggestion to their e-mail and hope they listen to it, I'm not being a killjoy here because I'm not shooting down your DLC concept, which in fact is actually pretty good.

All I'm saying is that there's a easier and more effective way to this.

But hey, if you really want to go ahead with a petition then go for it, it's your time and you waste it however you want.

I figured they wouldn't listen to one guy, thats why i asked for the help of others to send it too support as well. Look the use of the word petition was a horrible choice. It seems like everyone is worring about that. I just wanted to see if fans cared about this so we could all work together to get some features we all wanted added.