3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

The DM problem

Diineromontana

Diineromontana

I'm sure this isn't the first post like this, but I believe that Deathmatches in Gta Online are dead now. If you join via phone, 9 times out 10 you just end up in a match where you have to do some parkour obstacle to get the guns, that is not fun, at least not for me. I suggest that players should be able to filter the user created deathmatches from rockstar verified ones. Or another option being to have access to a "quick match" through the phone, similar to GTA 4, where players joined a live match spawning with default weapons and had pick ups in a concentrated area on the map. There are different types of players, and some like myself, likes the pvp gunfighting in GTA. Bring back classic team based/free for all gunfight showdowns in GTA online!

I'm sure this isn't the first post like this, but I believe that Deathmatches in Gta Online are dead now. If you join via phone, 9 times out 10 you just end up in a match where you have to do some parkour obstacle to get the guns, that is not fun, at least not for me. I suggest that players should be able to filter the user created deathmatches from rockstar verified ones. Or another option being to have access to a "quick match" through the phone, similar to GTA 4, where players joined a live match spawning with default weapons and had pick ups in a concentrated area on the map. There are different types of players, and some like myself, likes the pvp gunfighting in GTA. Bring back classic team based/free for all gunfight showdowns in GTA online!

You can already filter out user content, check your settings. I just wish that I could specifically filter out the parkour deathmatches, and wallride races.

• Like 2

Diineromontana

Aw okay cool n I feel u it's not all the user created DM's either and those parkour one sided ones just give ruin it all

You can already filter out user content, check your settings. I just wish that I could specifically filter out the parkour deathmatches, and wallride races.

Yeah DM Brothers, we asked for a filter and we got one. Fortunately it filters out the Parkour Trap Turd-matches. Unfortunately that will block all user-created maps and only R* created maps appear.

So while we have a filter, Thank you Rockstar, it is far from perfect as the only map that seems to get all the action is Shotgun Wedding and as someone mentioned in the Grenade Launcher thread, people just climb rooftops and spam GL strikes making the map even more played out.

So what I am hoping is that R* make some time to focus on the DMs and Verify at least 20 of them or add the additional "R* Verified" option to the filter list.

Most DMs were abandoned when BPH were introduced. I know I hated having to die because I have to shoot someone in the face 5 times or force to wear a helmet too. Imagine being new to DMs and really wanting to get good but you are a Rank 50 going up against a Rank 500 wearing a helmet. They'll never visit the DM lobbies ever again. lol.

Edited by Day Reaper

Back on my 360 Days, I could hit Quick Job for Death Matches, and almost always get a full lobby with a decent map. Sometimes even a decent User Created map. That's how I got all my weapon awards to Platinum. Then the plague of those trap 99999999RP came about, and Death Matches died after that. Now even with the filter, it's not even close to what it was before. You might get lucky to find a lobby of 6 or more, but most likely it's a 2v2.

I personally think foot combat death matches are retarded in this game so I rarely play them except for a goof, but finding vehicle death matches doesn't seem to go much better for me.