4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

best version of LCS

Claude speed GTA III Fan

Claude speed GTA III Fan

Hi, i want the opinion of those who have played through all the versions, which one is the best

i have the game on ppsspp emulator windows runs very nice exept low quality sound, and i have the android version on my sony xperia z1, runs okay 20-25-30 fps on high settings (shadows off)

i compared both versions , android looks better graphically but i read somewhere it has cutdown missions to make it easier for mobile controls..,

anyway my ocd is at full throttle now and i can't decide for myself :(

Mobile Versions of LCS do NOT have the Tradition Level 12 for the R3 Missions. Instead, they have the easier Level 9. Overall, though, I'd say PSP Version is best, then PS2, then Mobile Versions.

• Like 1

i compared both versions , android looks better graphically but i read somewhere it has cutdown missions to make it easier for mobile controls..,

The difference will probably get past the radar (98 fares in Taxi, instead of 100), so I'd stick with the version I'm more confortable with. Cheers :-)

98 Taxi Fares isn't a thing. It's 100. I didn't get any Percentage or anything about "Mission Passed!" until all 100 are done.

PSP > Android > iOS > PS2

Except framerate issues, PS2 port was a fine port. PSP version had framerate issues too. Why didn't you like the PS2 version?

Edited by DoctorStar
  • Like 1

Yeah, exactly. PS2 isn't as bad as Mobile. Mobile has most of the problems compared to PSP and PS2. He doesn't own a Console and just bought LCS the other week and never played it before. I don't like opinions people give without backing up why they feel this way and what good is an opinion if you never even played the game? Sounds stupid to me...

The ONLY problem on PS2 is framerate (What Console GTA has amazing framrate? NONE) and the Garages not restoring blown up wrecks. Other than that, PS2 is the best. Mobile is just the PS2 Port with updated shiny graphics like all the other Mobile Ports, lol...PSP is the best and with the LEAST amount of framerate issues AND it DOES restore blown up wrecks.

There is reasoning behind my thinking. Not sure about others, though...

PSP/PS2/Mobile

But if we talking about graphics then

PS2/PSP/Mobile (I hate these damn HQ textures (It will be better if they put in there Hi-res original textures) and that plastic effect on cars and peds)

• 2 weeks later...

PSP, because it's the only Version I have extensively played. Following in Second is the PS2 Version. I only have played a few hours of that Version on a friends PS2.

On overclocked PSP played off memory stick

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't played any other version than the PS2. So I will not judge gameplay and such.

However, I still prefer the PS2 version in terms of graphics and atmosphere - on PS2, the atmosphere is more dark and slightly gritty, resemblant of the GTA III atmosphere. On PSP, the city is overall brighter, yet my personal opinion is that sunny atmosphere does not really suit Liberty City that much. Overcast, rainy or foggy is the best weather setting for the "worst place in America".

And the Mobile version looks to cartoonish. Why can't they ever leave things as they are when they port the game, always needing to spoil something like "improved" graphics, "renewed" textures, "updated" missions/side missions whatever...

• Like 2

Cuz that's what kids wants these days. Nobody cares about the actual game. They just want their updated graphics and what not. Graphics sit at the BOTTOM of why I think a game is good...

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...

For me, the PSP version is the best since its the one I played the most, it's just the one I'd recommend. The PS2 version is good too for if you don't have a PSP.

Finally, the mobile versions are the worst to get. I only recommend getting it as a last resort, or if you want to play all ports of LCS for some reason...

PSP > PS2 > Mobile

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Pootispowse

I've got to say PSP is probably the best format. The colours and textures are very vibrant. The mobile version is convenient, but the colours are washed out and it's glitchy sometimes. It also can't really be modded at the moment. With psp you can do cool things like this:

Screenshot-2021-03-25-16-25-50-82-2f8535

LeatherJacketSoldier
6 hours ago, Pootispowse said:

I've got to say PSP is probably the best format. The colours and textures are very vibrant. The mobile version is convenient, but the colours are washed out and it's glitchy sometimes. It also can't really be modded at the moment. With psp you can do cool things like this:

Screenshot-2021-03-25-16-25-50-82-2f8535

Impressive!!! Didn't know PSP version could be modded like this. Is there any topic in GTAForums that explains how to replace models and textures?

Pootispowse
On 3/25/2021 at 11:05 PM, LeatherJacketSoldier said:

Impressive!!! Didn't know PSP version could be modded like this. Is there any topic in GTAForums that explains how to replace models and textures?

There are some really old guides to PSP modding here on the forum. It was actually pretty simple to do - you just need the GTA3PSP IMG files for LCS and VCS from each iso. Extract the files you want to add from one IMG, and replace them with the equivalent in the other. Then use UMDGen to add the modded IMG file to the iso. I was surprised by how well it worked considering LCS uses chk files for textures and VCS uses xtx. In theory you could add whatever model you wanted from one game to the other. The only issue (as you can see) is that the model placement isn't always perfect. 

• Like 1
LeatherJacketSoldier
On 3/26/2021 at 10:04 PM, Pootispowse said:

There are some really old guides to PSP modding here on the forum. It was actually pretty simple to do - you just need the GTA3PSP IMG files for LCS and VCS from each iso. Extract the files you want to add from one IMG, and replace them with the equivalent in the other. Then use UMDGen to add the modded IMG file to the iso. I was surprised by how well it worked considering LCS uses chk files for textures and VCS uses xtx. In theory you could add whatever model you wanted from one game to the other. The only issue (as you can see) is that the model placement isn't always perfect. 

Yeah, I see. Didn't realize it was the Beretta 92 from VCS, I thought it was the cr*ppy M1911 from 3D Era PC games. I just wonder if it's possible to convert .dff formats to the formats you mentioned, but since there's re:LCS, I'll try modding that, for now. That being, once I download it.

Pootispowse
1 hour ago, LeatherJacketSoldier said:

Yeah, I see. Didn't realize it was the Beretta 92 from VCS, I thought it was the cr*ppy M1911 from 3D Era PC games. I just wonder if it's possible to convert .dff formats to the formats you mentioned, but since there's re:LCS, I'll try modding that, for now. That being, once I download it.

The 3d era colt is actually already included in the LCS game files - I've posted about it in a thread called "The Beta Topic" here. At the moment though I don't think anyone has created a tool which allows you to convert standard dffs into mdls for psp, or into the weird dff format the iOS/android version of LCS uses. I think re:LCS is based on either VC or SA so you should be able to import models for it. 

• Like 2