2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Noob question about accessing solo missions

LordFistyPants

LordFistyPants

Hi all -

How does one unlock/access solo missions (on PC version)? I've read about missions like Rockford Roll or Death Metal that can be done solo but I can't figure out how?

If I go to the Jobs menus via in game Esc - would they show up? If I do Play Job -> Missions it says no missions are available? Where would they be - Rockstar Created, Rockstar Verified etc? I see some missions with similar names via the mobile app (iFruit) and bookmark them, but those appear to be player created and not the same? Friggin confusing heh.

If I access via phone, all of the mission givers - Gerald, Simeon, etc. - say they have no missions for me??

I'm currently rank 17 or 18.

Do I have to finish the Lamar series of missions first? I'm currently at 'Community Outreach' but keep failing due to $%$%^ mission members dying and then quitting heh.

Also, was there some sort of tutorial I was supposed to do? I read somewhere about a tutorial that made you go into a store and buy some clothes but I can't remember doing anything like that.

Thanks in advance for any help -

Lord Fisty Pants

I'm not sure what the unlock requirements are, however i do know there is a glitch that removes every single option to play these missions with the exception of invites.

I know this because one of my accounts simply lost everything regarding missions. Not even the quick job menu has contact missions selectable anymore.

MRM95Jb.png

You need to either be invited by the contact or another player. They'll then be added to the Missions list where you can replay them. And of course, more unlock as you rank up.

Edited by REXX93

Yes you have skipped the tutorial. It is the first thing that the game asks you when creating a character so you must wait until you start receiving

the messages to your phone.

You can prompt this by joining missions with others via Quick Job on your phone, in order to get a mission from a contact you must do the following:

Simeon - Rockford Roll

Gerald - Meth'd Up

Lamar - will send you randomly after completing Gerald's first mission.

Lester - Cops Capacity

Ron - Romance isn't Dead

Martin - Out of Court Settlement

Trevor - will send you randomly after completing Romance isn't Dead.

Now you can have a friend send you invites to the above or any of the missions and once played and completed you will see them added to your jobs menu.

This also applies to other game modes, once you've joined a job randomly you can replay it afterwards from the jobs menu.

Edited by tails_prower_2040

xxviolentbenxx

In game you have contacts such as (at your level) gerald and lamar, when playing in freemode they will sometimes text you with a mission in the job part of your phone which when completed will unlock said mission to replay in the job menu under R* created contact missions.

LordFistyPants

Yes you have skipped the tutorial. It is the first thing that the game asks you when creating a character so you must wait until you start receiving

You can prompt this by joining missions with others via Quick Job on your phone, in order to get a mission from a contact you must do the following:

Simeon - Rockford Roll

Gerald - Meth'd Up

Lester - Cops Capacity

Ron - Romance isn't Dead

Now you can have a friend send you invites to the above or any of the missions and once played and completed you will see them added to your jobs menu.

This also applies to other game modes, once you've joined a job randomly you can replay it afterwards from the jobs menu.

Damn. Any way to go back and do the tutorial now? Not sure how I missed it - maybe because I started in Invite Only mode on day 1?

In game you have contacts such as (at your level) gerald and lamar, when playing in freemode they will sometimes text you with a mission in the job part of your phone which when completed will unlock said mission to replay in the job menu under R* created contact missions.

Yeah - that's the problem - they don't send me texts even though I'm above the level for which they hand them out :(

My jobs are vanished after transfer from PS3 to PS4 and now i got this crap on the SC.

sbhpc9.png

And no missions for me when i go online. Everything els is there though.

MRM95Jb.png

xxviolentbenxx

Simeon - Rockford Roll

Gerald - Meth'd Up

Lester - Cops Capacity

Ron - Romance isn't Dead

Damn. Any way to go back and do the tutorial now? Not sure how I missed it - maybe because I started in Invite Only mode on day 1?

Yeah - that's the problem - they don't send me texts even though I'm above the level for which they hand them out :(

The tutorial is prompted when you finish creating a character before going into online, there is no way to start it again without creating another character.

Contact texts however are rarely sent now-a-days which does suck if your a low level , you're better off trying to join random contact missions to get some unlocked that are at your level.

Edited by xxviolentbenxx

LordFistyPants

Simeon - Rockford Roll

Gerald - Meth'd Up

Lester - Cops Capacity

Ron - Romance isn't Dead

The tutorial is prompted when you finish creating a character before going into online, there is no way to start it again without creating another character.

Contact texts however are rarely sent now-a-days which does suck if your a low level , you're better off trying to join random contact missions to get some unlocked that are at your level.

Bah - that sticks.

Thanks much for responses - much appreciated.

LFP

LordFistyPants

Simeon - Rockford Roll

Gerald - Meth'd Up

Lester - Cops Capacity

Ron - Romance isn't Dead

Contact texts however are rarely sent now-a-days which does suck if your a low level , you're better off trying to join random contact missions to get some unlocked that are at your level

Two last thoughts:

1) Can I create a second character (without losing the first), and if so

2) Can I do the tutorial on the second character and unlock those contact missions for my first char?

xxviolentbenxx

Contact texts however are rarely sent now-a-days which does suck if your a low level , you're better off trying to join random contact missions to get some unlocked that are at your level

Two last thoughts:

2) Can I do the tutorial on the second character and unlock those contact missions for my first char?

1) Yes you can create another character by going into the pause menu under online (I think) and go to swap characters, there should be a second character slot you can modify and create which will still keep your first character as well.

2) When you create the second character it should prompt with a message asking if you wish to start the tutorial. I think the contact missions are shared because I could play all my other character's contact missions on a level 30ish character. (my main is a level 300 with all contact missions previously completed).

Edited by xxviolentbenxx

LordFistyPants

Two last thoughts:

1) Yes you can create another character by going into the pause menu under online (I think) and go to swap characters, there should be a second character slot you can modify and create which will still keep your first character as well.

2) When you create the second character it should prompt with a message asking if you wish to start the tutorial. I think the contact missions are shared because I could play all my other character's contact missions on a level 30ish character. (my main is a 300 with all missions previously completed).

Sweet - gonna try that. Thanks!

• Like 1