Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,438 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Journey_95

Revenge or Deal? Which ending is better and more fitting?

Femme Fatale

There is no villains in a GTA games

Actually, everyone's a villain...

DERGaming

Exactly

DragonpokeZ

Exactly

There's a concept called an antihero you know...

ESAgamer503

None are fitting. But I did like revenge better because Roman is worth saving.

Edited by ESAgamer503

Prasdana21

As much as I prefer Revenge, and as much as I prefer Roman over Kate, I think Deal is the cannon ending.

"A Revenger's Tragedy". That title of mission is reffering Niko's life and journey. From my point of view, killing Darko is the cannon choice. Once Niko knew that revenge didn't make him better, he wanted to be more wise and letting all his hatred go. Not to mentioned, Roman kept persuading him to do a deal and make a lot of money (as Niko mentioned to Kate, he and Roman needed money). But it's a wrong call for him. When he wanted to change, Dimitri betrayed him once more. Not only that, he also sent a hitman to kill Niko which we all know, Roman got killed instead. This made Niko filled with hatred once more and killed Dimitri.

Niko tried to be a better person in a wrong time. Ironically, his wise descision made him suffer even more. As old saying goes, everything has a price. In Niko's case, he lost his cousin after he got his revenge and trying to be better, hence why the Deal ending is called "A Revenger's tragedy".

What does "Out of Commision" mean anyway? The Pegorino Family wasn't even in the Commision and like other said, Jimmy showed up in the near of the end (he still made a great secondary antagonist though).

As much as I prefer Revenge, as much as I try to denied it, I honestly think Deal is the cannon ending.

Axl Rose

Deal is the better/more fitting ending and the true ending IMHO

-it fits the dark tone

-its more cinematic

-leaves Dimitri as the final boss

people always argue Niko would have never done another deal with Dimitri but what if Roman didn't have the tip on Dimitri's location? before that call Niko was set to go through with it. also whatever choice you make with Darko, Niko has a revelation of sorts that revenge isn't the answer. choosing revenge makes that whole ordeal fall flat and rather pointless as he literally goes against it within 24 hours. i think Niko goes against his gut/principals and pays the price with deal.

with that said i choose revenge because its the better ending if you want to continue playing afterwards.

Edited by Axl Rose

Osho

Both seems fine on how you like to play. But none of them felt right or better to me, since both endings have certain things that I thought didn't make sense on how they play out, esp., the part where Roman says, "I heard you two had resolved your differences, he's on some boat in East Hook, right?"

Now, I didn't know that both Niko and Dimitri had resolved the differences because the game never made it clear on the same.

I personally think that Deal ending feels more appropriate simply because I'd listen to Roman than what Kate wants me to do.

yo boi ryobo

I think Revenge is more fitting, and Rockstar made that the canon ending, as far as we know at least. On Jimmy's laptop, he's on Lifeinvader. It's shown that Niko is working for his brother as a cab driver. Also Kate was a pretty bad girlfriend, I think they just made her a place holder, even though you can get 3 non story related girlfriends are "Logging On".

shadyslady

Revenge works for me the best.

For many reasons.

I always let darko live but definitely go after Dimitri as he is still a threat in the present.

Storywise it also works like the shooting on the platypus is the grand finale with a happy ending at Roman's wedding when just someone shows up you wouldn't expect to pull this move.

I mean, sure you expect something to still happen.

But deal doesn't work for me.

Feels like ending a or b in gta v.

It just doesn't fit.

HailHydra

Deal ending. There is something a bit off with the revenge ending and the game's story completely build the deal ending.

Fubbick

Deal ending. There is something a bit off with the revenge ending and the game's story completely build the deal ending.

I agree. I always kill Darko, which leaves Niko feeling empty, and makes him wonder if his mission for revenge is really worth it (so does sparing him to be honest. It's just worded differently). Then his change of heart completely backfires in Deal. He decided to change his ways, but it was too late. It feels like a more complete ending, even though I hate the fact that Roman dies.

Edited by Fubbick

Tao Cheng

Kill Francis and do the Revenge ending. Let the mother McReary die a lonely death you incosiderate bastards.

But for real though I did all the choices that most people didn't feel comfortable doing especially choosing Dwayne to wake up PBX; he was a smart kid but the game made him ignorant so killing Dwayne would give him hope into realizing something's wrong, Derrick because Francis is easy to haggle, and the Deal ending. Niko and Roman to this country for money and opportunity.

Edited by Tao Cheng

maundy

Just do the one that agrees with your values and morality and live the game as the Angel of Death.

You know, like kill em all and let God sort 'em out. Do they have that saying around your way?

TommyPayne123

Deal by a mile for me. It is a much stronger ending. Roman's death was far more tragic for Niko. Revenge is very overrated and didn't fit in well with the story at all.

simonp92

This should have been a poll.

Deal without a doubt.

Sadly, by not forcing Kate more on the player, you don't really care much, if you havn't hung out with her. Roman is constantly present from the very beginning of the game, even if you don't do activities with him. Losing Roman is there for allot more impactful to the player.

Furthermore I like the irony of Roman pushing Niko into doing the deal, and that costing him his life.

Hot Pursuit

I choose Revenge but I like the thunderstorm at the end of Deal, really giving a lot of emotion

Roham8506

if you've played gta v then you might have seen amanda, tracey and jimmy at the diner table. jimmy is looking at niko bellic's lifeinvader page and roman is in the other contacts. that means that niko chose the revenge ending. so if i was you i would spare darko and choose revenge.

spare darko because he will suffer because of his addict and choose revenge because dimitri was the first (or second if you count mikhail faustin) antagonist but pegorino is the last. this means niko hated dimitri from a long time. do you remember the time that dimitri took roman to the warehouse? that angered niko and dimitri continued doing these things until niko wanted to kill him. so if you kill dimitri it has a more dramatic feeling and if you spared darko and chose revenge be sure to do the mission at night and use the weather cheat to make the weather thunderstorm to make it more dramatic. Bye!

Luke Ferris

Revenge is best for me, because I really did not like Kate as a character. Roman is terrific - I couldn't let him down. The mission is the better one IMO anyway.

B Dawg

They're both good characters, but only a monster would pick a girl who doesn't want hot coffee over a cousin.

Edited by B Dawg

Molakox

Revenge of course. True nico doesn't use occasion to easy money and work with his enemy.

Johnny Spaz

Deal doesn't really make sense regarding Niko's character and moral code, he even promised Jacob that'd he'd kill Dimitri, it wouldn't make sense for Niko to do business with a snake like him. Besides Niko spent the whole game talking about not following orders and sometimes you gotta make decisions for yourself, Revenge is one of those decisions.

Algonquin Assassin

Deal doesn't really make sense regarding Niko's character and moral code, he even promised Jacob that'd he'd kill Dimitri, it wouldn't make sense for Niko to do business with a snake like him. Besides Niko spent the whole game talking about not following orders and sometimes you gotta make decisions for yourself, Revenge is one of those decisions.

It does if you choose to let Darko live. I always imagine if Niko let’s Darko live that he can finally start seeing revenge is not the answer to his problems and it’s plausible he’d take Roman’s word over Kate’s.

Then again what I love about both options is they make sense depending on how you approach the story. That’s why I found it so hard when I was first faced with the dilemma.

I’m actually up to choosing Deal or Revenge in my current playthrough and I’m going for Revenge this time as I opted to kill Darko.

Zenar

I mostly choose revenge ending. Bowling doesn't mean anything without my lovely cousin :)

Cheatz/Trickz

It does if you choose to let Darko live. I always imagine if Niko lets Darko live that he can finally start seeing revenge is not the answer to his problems and its plausible hed take Romans word over Kates.

Then again what I love about both options is they make sense depending on how you approach the story. Thats why I found it so hard when I was first faced with the dilemma.

Im actually up to choosing Deal or Revenge in my current playthrough and Im going for Revenge this time as I opted to kill Darko.

I see it differently. I think by letting Darko live, that is the part where Niko listens to Roman. But when it comes to Dimitri, Roman's pleas for Niko to let his grudge go are driven by greed rather than compassion like with Darko. Also, Kate's reasons in her call are more personal, while Roman is quite materialistic, so I think on this occasion he would side with Kate over Roman.

I don't think Niko would ever consider the deal if he killed Darko, a kill Darko/Deal combo makes Niko seem like he is compromising his beliefs too much. But a kill Darko/Revenge ending seems like Niko is being too narrow-minded and unwilling to listen to reason.

Aquamaniac

The shootout in the deal mission is better than that on the ship, the first time I chose the deal mission because I kinda liked Dimitri, he appeared quite reasonable at the first encounter and so I didn't take his betrayal personal given how often Niko killed his former employers (is Niko any better as Dimitri in this matter?), however I'd rather see Roman alive than Kate, 3 girlfriends are enough, nothing against Kate though.

I was spoilered that something terrible happens in the end and had the guess that it's either Kate or Romans wife would be killed so I would rather have Kate spared, hadn't expected that Roman was killed, in fact you kill the person you listen too.

Edited by Aquamaniac

UncleSal

I always chose revenge. I don't think Niko would ever want to work with the man that tried to kill him and his cousin again.

Yeah, i think "revenge" is what Niko would do.