4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Crew Colour Editor

Furry_Monkey

Furry_Monkey

You are all very welcome.  Please accept my apologies for the down time.  At least we know this time it won't happen for at least another 12 months :D

• Like 5
  • 2 months later...
Furry_Monkey
6 minutes ago, AutobotJazz1 said:

@Furry_Monkey is there a way to enter codes on android?

I don't think so.  I've never looked to see if there are developer tools in Android that could help, but it's highly unlikely.

• Like 1
IceDree
4 hours ago, AutobotJazz1 said:

@Furry_Monkey is there a way to enter codes on android?

Yes. Check the links below.

4 hours ago, Furry_Monkey said:

I don't think so.  I've never looked to see if there are developer tools in Android that could help, but it's highly unlikely.

Your method does work on Android, I've been using it for over a year now.

Here's a video of both your method & Joonas' method using the Chrome browser on Android 9

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AgsZvleRWp2fp6lwX3P1qAl0MpqkQQ

Here the links I used in the video:

https://1drv.ms/w/s!AgsZvleRWp2fp6l0jE1EMc06Nw2ZBQ

• Like 1
  • YEE 1
Furry_Monkey
6 hours ago, IceDree said:

Yes. Check the links below.

Your method does work on Android, I've been using it for over a year now.

Here's a video of both your method & Joonas' method using the Chrome browser on Android 9

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AgsZvleRWp2fp6lwX3P1qAl0MpqkQQ

Here the links I used in the video:

https://1drv.ms/w/s!AgsZvleRWp2fp6l0jE1EMc06Nw2ZBQ

I am very happy to stand corrected.  I was thinking of using the developer tools tab - it never crossed my mind that the bookmarklets would just work, but I also hadn't thought of running the desktop version of the site (I'm guessing the dialog box on my version would look bad on the mobile version).

Thanks for posting that.  Do you mind if I copy your links to the first post of this thread?

Edited by Furry_Monkey
IceDree
11 hours ago, Furry_Monkey said:

Thanks for posting that. 

My pleasure. 😉

Thank you for creating this method, it much more convenient than experimenting with the affixes and the old method.

Do you mind if I copy your links to the first post of this thread?

No. Not at all.

Pardon the video quality,  the native Huawei screen recording app doesn't let me change the resolution of the video. I can try recording a new one using a 3rd party app if you like.

Iam very happy to stand corrected.  I was thinking of using the developer tools tab - it never crossed my mind that the bookmarklets would just work, but I also hadn't thought of running the desktop version of the site

Haha yeah, sometimes things just click and work surprisingly well.

I'm guessing the dialog box on my version would look bad on the mobile version

It opens, but we can't pan the page to access the RGB tab, it becomes stuck like this.

CiXV7vy.jpg

No big deal though, the desktop mode is just a click away.

• Like 1
Furry_Monkey
11 hours ago, IceDree said:

Pardon the video quality,  the native Huawei screen recording app doesn't let me change the resolution of the video. I can try recording a new one using a 3rd party app if you like.

Thanks, but I think it's fine the way it is.  It's a mobile device, after all.  It's unlikely to be Avatar 2 :p

IceDree
10 hours ago, Furry_Monkey said:

Thanks, but I think it's fine the way it is.  It's a mobile device, after all.  It's unlikely to be Avatar 2 :p

Hahaha true true.

Cheers. 😁✌️

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
Butters3-3-3
On 2/18/2016 at 11:59 AM, Furry_Monkey said:

If you used this prior to October 12th 2016 then you need to update your existing bookmark.

I've written a little application to help you edit your crew colour. You can either enter a hex value, use the colour picker, or load an image from a URL and pick a colour directly from it. Rather than have some massive piece of code in a bookmark I've simplified the whole thing into one line. Simply copy and paste the following code...

javascript:(function(){var script=document.createElement('script');script.src="//www.furrymonkey.co.uk/_external/gta/edit-crew-colour.js";document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(script);})()

Then create a new bookmark in your browser and call it something like "Edit crew colour", and paste the code you just copied as the address or URL.

When you go to your crew page and you're in the edit tab (where the crew colour can be set), just click the bookmark when you want to edit the colour and it will pop up the dialog as shown here...

custom-crew-colour-editor-1.png

Use that dialog to set your crew colour to anything you like, and then click "ok" to set it. You must also save your changes with the save button at the bottom of the page, as before. If it tells you that it couldn't save for some reason then it will tell you it was attempt 1 of 32 (currently - that may change). Click save again and it will try a different combination that may save your colour. It's rare that you'll have to do this more than a few times and unlikely you'll ever find a colour that won't save with any of the 32 tries.

If you want to change the colour again you can either click the bookmark or just click the colour button on the page. Once the script is loaded it will stay available until you leave the page.

To use an image to choose a colour, either type or paste the image URL into the text box in the dialog and press enter to load the image...

custom-crew-colour-editor-2.png

You can then click anywhere in the image to select the colour under the mouse. This is helpful for when you have photos of vehicles and you're trying to match the colour. It will never be exact as the colours in the game are slightly different from what you see in real life, but you can get close enough and then make minor adjustments from there, should you need to.

Here's a video clip from @IceDree showing how to use both Joonas's method and this method on a mobile device.  He's using an Android device but it should work on other platforms as well.  Big thanks to IceDree for making this video!

Video Link

If you have any requests for help with finding the right colour then please don't ask for them here. There's already a very good thread where there are lots of people helping out with that...

http://gtaforums.com/topic/782581-kustom-crew-color-request-rare-share/

If you have any problems with this utility then just let me know.

Update notes

28th November, 2017

Upped the number of "recently used colours" to 24, like it should have been from the start! Many thanks to @Randoom. for the heads-up about that.

15th June, 2016

Added a "recently used colours" box where any colours you recently saved are shown, up to a maximum of 10. (It only shows colours saved from now on.)

9th June, 2016

Fixed issue where the colour picker was picking the wrong colour if the browser page had been scrolled at all.

8th June, 2016

Updated website to use https protocol, in order to work with the recently updated Social Club.

Hey man, what do you do if none of the 32 combinations work? I have a color I'm trying to add and none of them work. The color is Gray. Hex Code: (808080)

Furry_Monkey
6 hours ago, Butters3-3-3 said:

Hey man, what do you do if none of the 32 combinations work? I have a color I'm trying to add and none of them work. The color is Gray. Hex Code: (808080)

If none of the 32 combinations work then you're buggered, mate.  Sorry but Rockstar's sh*tty colour selection model can't be fixed by us - only tricked, and only so much.

• Bruh 1