Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,111 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Furry_Monkey

Crew Colour Editor

АВС

Right ho, thank you for the swift response and I'll see to installing Google Chrome. Given my history with computers it's far more likely to be something I've buggered up myself than a problem with the tool.

Update; I appear to be having less success with Chrome, for nothing at all happens when I attempt to follow the link, I've ensured that the 'javascript:' prefix is present, yet I'm not so much as redirected to a blank page upon attempting to open the bookmark, the menu simply disappears and I'm left on the Social Club page. If I manually enter it in the address bar and hit the enter key, the previous address reappears.

Another update; I've finally manged to make it work, God only knows how, but the colour editing window has appeared at long last!

Nailed it! Now I can finally transform my beloved Lampadati Pigalle into a replica of Leonid Breznev's Citroen SM! Marvellous tool, thank you for the help.

Edited by АВС

Furry_Monkey

Right ho, thank you for the swift response and I'll see to installing Google Chrome. Given my history with computers it's far more likely to be something I've buggered up myself than a problem with the tool.

Update; I appear to be having less success with Chrome, for nothing at all happens when I attempt to follow the link, I've ensured that the 'javascript:' prefix is present, yet I'm not so much as redirected to a blank page upon attempting to open the bookmark, the menu simply disappears and I'm left on the Social Club page. If I manually enter it in the address bar and hit the enter key, the previous address reappears.

Another update; I've finally manged to make it work, God only knows how, but the colour editing window has appeared at long last!

Nailed it! Now I can finally transform my beloved Lampadati Pigalle into a replica of Leonid Breznev's Citroen SM! Marvellous tool, thank you for the help.

Very happy you got it working. Kudos for sticking at it and figuring it out :)

xFaK10

Hey @Furry_Monkey, my image doesn't load.

Link of the image https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/gtawiki/images/3/35/Tempesta-GTAO-front.png/revision/latest?cb=20161213203018

Social Club website https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/xfakers/manage/edit

Programs I use Razer Cortex, Steam. Malware Bytes, Overwolf, Razer Synapse and Steelseries Engine 3.

I also changed some things in my hosts file [To bypass Spotify ads [i can't acess their website in my browser, only the program so idk if that changes the script too]

http://imgur.com/a/2fm6c

Thanks in advance

Edited by xFaK10

Randoom.

Yeah, dead for me as well. Nothing loads when I click on the bookmark.

Furry_Monkey

Hey @Furry_Monkey, my image doesn't load.

Link of the image https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/gtawiki/images/3/35/Tempesta-GTAO-front.png/revision/latest?cb=20161213203018

Social Club website https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/xfakers/manage/edit

Programs I use Razer Cortex, Steam. Malware Bytes, Overwolf, Razer Synapse and Steelseries Engine 3.

I also changed some things in my hosts file [To bypass Spotify ads [i can't acess their website in my browser, only the program so idk if that changes the script too]

http://imgur.com/a/2fm6c

Thanks in advance

It does work if you change the protocol from Http to Https - there may be something wrong with their SSL certificate.

Try this instead: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/gtawiki/images/3/35/Tempesta-GTAO-front.png

Yeah, dead for me as well. Nothing loads when I click on the bookmark.

My hosting company upgraded my server over the weekend so it was offline for a couple of hours today while everything was repointed. It's all up and running now :)

Edited by Furry_Monkey

Riprock

Anone been successful having a car with two different crew colours (primary & secondary). Wanting to have a Dominator with pure white primary with pure black secondary. When I switch crews and change either colour, it changes for whole car.

N. Man

Alright, so where exactly do I paste the code? I have no idea how to use this thing. I've got java and chrome both efficiently working.

Edit: Alright, so I've pasted the code as a bookmark, but nothing happens when I click on said bookmark.

Edited by NaijaMango

Furry_Monkey

Alright, so where exactly do I paste the code? I have no idea how to use this thing. I've got java and chrome both efficiently working.

Edit: Alright, so I've pasted the code as a bookmark, but nothing happens when I click on said bookmark.

Sorry - long time no see!

Are you clicking the bookmark when you're on the social club, on the "edit crew" page where you select the colour? If you're clicking it anywhere else then it won't do anything.

Also, note for anyone interested, I've just upped the number of "recently used colours" from 10 to 24. You may need to clear your browser cache to see the update but I'm guessing it'll be okay for most people without that.

Dark_Razar

For some reason it actually doesn't save anymore: It keeps giving the same error indefinitely.

Furry_Monkey

For some reason it actually doesn't save anymore: It keeps giving the same error indefinitely.

Can you give me the hex value of the colour you're trying to save?

jason_stanfield

I'm currently using Chrome Version 63.0.3239.84 (Official Build) (64-bit), OS X 10.13.1 High Sierra, and the customizer doesn't appear to be working for me, whereas it did a few months ago when I last used it.

I checked the top post in this topic and saw there was a November update, so just to make sure I had everything up to date:

- I highlighted the entire text starting with "javascript," and pressed CTRL C

- went to my bookmark, entitled Crew Color Customizer

- option-click, chose Edit

- highlighted text in URL field, CTRL V, then pressed Save;

When it worked before, I would go to my crew edit page, click on my Customizer link, and a box appeared per the design - I could open up images, or simply dial in a desired hex code, and eventually get the proper code.

Now, clicking on my Customizer link does nothing. If I left- or right-click on the Crew Color box, the page's normal color chooser appears.

I'm not a code guy, so I have no idea what all the hieroglyphics mean, but I'm pretty good at following instructions. I know how to use Chrome's Inspect feature, and remember enough "suffixes" to get the color saved, but I do miss being able to open images directly.

Am I doing something wrong?

Terrazi Terrajin

It was working last night, but now it isn't. I open the edit page as normal and click the bookmark but nothing happens at all. Did anything change?

Furry_Monkey

It was working last night, but now it isn't. I open the edit page as normal and click the bookmark but nothing happens at all. Did anything change?

Yes, the internet changed :p

There was a pretty large issue with the UK internet infrastructure. It's coming back up now so should be working soon enough.

Terrazi Terrajin

There was a pretty large issue with the UK internet infrastructure. It's coming back up now so should be working soon enough.

Damn really? Anyway thanks for the snappy response! One last question, when you pick a color from an image using it, how much do you have to alter the brightness to get it to be correct? Someone posted somewhere (can't find it now) that it comes out too bright, and advised others to lower it by a certain amount.

Furry_Monkey

Damn really? Anyway thanks for the snappy response! One last question, when you pick a color from an image using it, how much do you have to alter the brightness to get it to be correct? Someone posted somewhere (can't find it now) that it comes out too bright, and advised others to lower it by a certain amount.

It varies. Just play about with it to find what you prefer. If it was something that you could calculate then I'd put an option on there to automatically do it, but truth is we don't know exactly what happens to the colour you pick, other than "it changes a bit".

ImTheWalrus
Posted (edited)

It's not working for me anymore for some reason. I'm doing what i've always done and the additional window doesn't pop up anymore when i open the bookmark.

Other times i get what looks like a bug that looks like it does open but it's down in the left corner of the page.

Edited by ImTheWalrus

Furry_Monkey
1 hour ago, ImTheWalrus said:

It's not working for me anymore for some reason. I'm doing what i've always done and the additional window doesn't pop up anymore when i open the bookmark.

Other times i get what looks like a bug that looks like it does open but it's down in the left corner of the page.

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks for letting me know.  There is a problem with the SSL certificate on my site - it's expired but should automatically renew.  I've contacted the hosting company but don't expect to get it fixed for a few days.

However, if you allow your browser access to the site with the expired certificate then you should be able to use the bookmarklet again.

Just go to https://www.furrymonkey.co.uk and (click "advanced" if you have to) and then "proceed to site" (or something along those lines - it differs from browser to browser).  Once you've done that and you've access my site then the bookmarklet should start to work for you again.

ImTheWalrus
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Furry_Monkey said:

Thanks for letting me know.  There is a problem with the SSL certificate on my site - it's expired but should automatically renew.  I've contacted the hosting company but don't expect to get it fixed for a few days.

However, if you allow your browser access to the site with the expired certificate then you should be able to use the bookmarklet again.

Just go to https://www.furrymonkey.co.uk and (click "advanced" if you have to) and then "proceed to site" (or something along those lines - it differs from browser to browser).  Once you've done that and you've access my site then the bookmarklet should start to work for you again.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly! I'm gonna try again following these instruction and i'll let you know what happens.

Also you're awesome for creating this tool and keeping it running for so long, just letting you know :cool:

_____

Update: using the method provided above it works like a charm once again, for anyone wondering.

Cheers Monkey!

Edited by ImTheWalrus

ZKSchismo
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:18 PM, ImTheWalrus said:

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly! I'm gonna try again following these instruction and i'll let you know what happens.

Also you're awesome for creating this tool and keeping it running for so long, just letting you know :cool:

_____

Update: using the method provided above it works like a charm once again, for anyone wondering.

Cheers Monkey!

Yup, was wondering what was going on. But the above method by Furry Monkey has worked for me as well. Thanks alot

Furry_Monkey

Thanks guys, for confirming you were able to get it working again.

I've jumped through the relevant hoops and I'm now just waiting for my new certificate to be issued and then we'll be back to business as usual.