2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

How do you guys feel about modders?

Jelbeztok

I've seen a lot of mixed feelings towards them. I don't mind them really. They add a nice change in my opinion lol. It's also nice when the occasional friendly one drops cash. Do you hate them, love them, or just don't really care?

Vercetti Thug

This is gonna get ugly.....................pass the popcorn!!! :ph34r:

Cheating is CHEATING, know matter how you look at it. :evilgrin:

Edited by Vercetti Thug

Modders are the Tits..

• Like 1
Mainthreadrule.gif

I am a glitcher, just finished the lowrider dupe and now at 29 mil. To bad they patched it. As for modders, well all I can do is hope they make there way to the xbox one/ Ps4, as I play on xb1. Most modders are nice, of course you have a handful of bad one's whether on lg, or PC but hey nothing is going to be perfect. Ps4 lately has been very strange though, I've seen some vids where people been teleporting (Not lag) so yeah who knows. One more thing BTW, I'd recommended going to (7s) to find modded lobbies, and talk about them there as you are just going to get hate here. ( you won't get hate from me though)

Edited by jaredv8v10

i have no issue with modders in general, but it sucks when they choose to use their power aka modmenu to ruin the session.

i dont care if you spawn money or can make cars fly, do your thing, enjoy your menu without messing with ruining the experience.

Still less annoying than the volleyball nets at the beach.

Anyway, from my point of view there are two sides of the story:

-"good" mods. Mostly people who don't harm anyone, they just make the game similar to a meeting between Pokemon and Santa Claus. This leads to players transforming into trees, cars, puppets...nothing serious unless what you're looking for in a game is realism;

-"bad" mods. People who use god mode, teleport, have infinite money (even if they share it. It can lead to ban). Those are the kind of people that should be punished somehow...like always having a naked character or joining lobbies with only modders.

• Like 1

those punks with their superiority complex , wait till i'll exploit your weakness

• Like 1

I've seen a lot of mixed feelings towards them. I don't mind them really. They add a nice change in my opinion lol. It's also nice when the occasional friendly one drops cash. Do you hate them, love them, or just don't really care?

i hate them

I see modders as the "Neo" of the Matrix that is online...

But I only feel that, if, the Matrix isn't made and managed by sub par coders like gtao is. In where any idiot can do it and hardly shows any actually talent..

Edited by Revoemag

6/10 of the modders I meet are cool. They spawn vehicles for everyone and give people money. I have $790M because of them.

4/10 are a**holes. They blow up the lobby nonstop, throw your car in the water (you have to pay the insurance), etc. One turned my me into a UFO recently, I couldn't get out the damn thing. And just yesterday one took all of my weapons, luckily it was just for the session.

TeammateHelper

They're okay. Okay like, you know, when you have a heist member that is just average. Not exceptional, but not a moron. Just okay.

I see modders as the "Neo" of the Matrix that is online...

But I only feel that, if, the Matrix isn't made and managed by sub par coders like gtao is. In where any idiot can do it and hardly shows any actually talent..

I can't lol. I've actually tried looking it up to help my buddies but I can't figure out how to mod this damn game.

Edited by Jelbeztok

SoDank_ItPainsMe

It depends entirely on the modder, menus can be used to make the game so much more fun with friends and make people rich, or they can be used to grief players and ruin the game.

All in all, I like how ridiculously rich I am, and how aggressively rockstar are chasing menus on PC, it's looking like a win win for me, sure some are really annoying but would I take them away completely from my GTA:O experience to date? No.

Edited by SoDank_ItPainsMe

Turkish Turketarian

The only modders I ever came across just spawned UFOs and boulders... I don't know how I should feel about that.

I think anyone supporting modders in public lobbies hasn't played enought time on PC before the last updates. You couldn't do anything in freeroam usually you are teleported or blown up, turned into an object or they spawn windmills , most of them run with godmod all the time just destroying the game for everyone. 1 out of 10 lobbies if you are lucky was with a good modder and by that i mean he didn't give money he just made the game more fun. After the latest patches the game for me is way more fun i can play without passive and do vip work + freeroam events. In the end i prefer the game as it was ment to be played.

Edited by scs151
  • Like 1

all I can do is hope they make there way to the xbox one/ Ps4

To be honest, I believe you're the only one. Modders should be banned either way. Whether they're good or bad. They are messing with the games' coding. Back when I was on PS3, even harmless mods some people used froze mine and 7 friends consoles simultaneously. So in my eyes they're an issue. If they want to use mods, they can do it Storymode. They move to online, they deserve a permanent ban.

I only care in the sense that I prefer an even ground when on a server. If I suspect a modder/hacker/lagswitcher, I just leave. They are like herpes. Always there, sometimes flaring up, sometimes not.

Edit: I also love the modder-with-a-heart-of-gold fallacy. Most of the ones I've met are not well-intentioned. They are there to f*ck things up.

Edited by hotrats773
  • Like 1

I give it 3 days before the thread gets locked.

Any other predictions? Lol.

I give it 3 days before the thread gets locked.

Any other predictions? Lol.

Today :lol:

Da Elite Ninjah

Modders CAN be freaking awesome!

Ever seen the video where someone build a ramp onto a truck and he drove around shooting cars into the sky? awesome.

They can put RL cars into the game, awesome!

BUT, al these little kids just mod to cheat money, kill people, god mode, whatever.... They are a bunch of worthless no skill %$#$*

just my 2 cents

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Prefer not to run into them when using mods to harras...

I haven't encountered one in well over a year. I don't miss them. Why? Because most are inconsiderate, nasty little turds who get off on ruining everyone else's fun. When they finally make it to current gen, I might have to stop playing.

• Like 2