2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Skycam a.k.a. Loading Screen gets old!

iddqdvie

Its the number one picture in our minds. we have all seen it to the extreme. it might even be one of the better „loading screens“ but its still the least properly used area in the game.

first of all, what can be in there? the system is busy with loading the game, but whil it is loading into a session, most of the time it is just wating for data, in that time the skycam could do a bit more than just „hanging in there“. let it zoom endlessly, or move around a bit, or just zoom slower. give it a smoother transition from one to another. make it movable via the controller. we are talking about quite alot of ime, that we spent lokking at it! make it count!

or at least, display something interesting, like stats or whatever.

POST YOUR IDEAS!

Edited by iddqdvie

CrysisAverted

It should play this while you wait

That sine wave is so cancerous.

OT: So you want an interactive loading screen? What games besides bethesda titles have this? Also, dont forget that the loading screen gives you info on updates n such.

• Like 2

Sometimes i want to shoot planes with a ion cannon during the cloud sequence.

Or parody "I'm in the clouds! You're fired, Internet!" ad.

• Like 2

OT: So you want an interactive loading screen? What games besides bethesda titles have this?

the only game i have played with interactive loading screens was the sims 3

Its the number one picture in our minds. we have all seen it to the extreme. it might even be one of the better „loading screens“ but its still the least properly used area in the game.

first of all, what can be in there? the system is busy with loading the game, but whil it is loading into a session, most of the time it is just wating for data, in that time the skycam could do a bit more than just „hanging in there“. let it zoom endlessly, or move around a bit, or just zoom slower. give it a smoother transition from one to another. make it movable via the controller. we are talking about quite alot of ime, that we spent lokking at it! make it count!

Granted the Skycam as you call it, can be mundane as hell, as we wait to be transported from the clouds to the ground

But making it interactive would most probably increase the amount of time we are spending waiting to hit the ground

• Like 1

OT: So you want an interactive loading screen? What games besides bethesda titles have this?

the only game i have played with interactive loading screens was the sims 3

Test Drive had Pong on its loading screens. It was even two player I believe lol.

• Like 3

Ridge Racer let you play space invaders during game boot up loading, should be possible to do a similar thing today for regular loading screens.

Edited by MajorVienna

Dr WGA Labriskagni

Ridge Racer let you play space invaders during game boot up loading, should be possible to do a similar thing today for regular loading screens.

Even Tekken 5...

Maybe be The skycam should come with a bit of GTA trivia, and maybe if you get it right. You get 5rp...

• Like 1

You should just be able to set your session options during the loading screens, like friendly fire, cops, traffic, weather etc..

Lel - as if.

What we need is Martin Galway. He could make it worthwhile to have games loading from tape!

BTW, the loading screen does indeed get old, but since this game is in its 3rd year, complaints of it are also getting old.

Edited by Furry_Monkey

OT: So you want an interactive loading screen? What games besides bethesda titles have this? Also, dont forget that the loading screen gives you info on updates n such.

FIFA lets you practice shooting when loading.

Non Funkable Token

Actually the blonde hipster chick, the highlife bitch, the beach party one, and the Scott Hall look-a-like vip character in a yatch are the loading screens which make me sick every time I want to play the game. They could use some more artworks as loading screens for online.........

What I know is that it sure does make me unnecessarily older to wait for the f*cking game to be playable.

- Borderlands series

- Dying Light

- etc

Misanthrope Z

What I know is that it sure does make me unnecessarily older to wait for the f*cking game to be playable.

- Borderlands series

- Dying Light

- etc

Ridge Racer 7

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

If i just woud see less loading screens or see them for shorter periods im happy.

TeammateHelper

If i just woud see less loading screens or see them for shorter periods im happy.

That's on everyone's internet and your hardware as much as it is on the game.

Might as well stick us in an infinite shooting range until the game loads, honestly.

That way people don't suck so much at shooting.

• Like 2

Oh yes instead of that boring stare at the ground some music will do

aaronBLUEeyes

Its the number one picture in our minds. we have all seen it to the extreme. it might even be one of the better loading screens but its still the least properly used area in the game.

first of all, what can be in there? the system is busy with loading the game, but whil it is loading into a session, most of the time it is just wating for data, in that time the skycam could do a bit more than just hanging in there. let it zoom endlessly, or move around a bit, or just zoom slower. give it a smoother transition from one to another. make it movable via the controller. we are talking about quite alot of ime, that we spent lokking at it! make it count!

I think it's fine and is a great visual system for transitioning between characters and GtaOnline.

It does what it's supposed to do, asking it to have other bells and whistles would make load times take longer to accommodate the allocation of system resources that would be used for loading the game.

I often ponder how Perianal masses with inguinal lymphadenopathies form, while I'm in the skycam.

• Like 1

DentureDynamite

I wish I knew why, when leaving GTA Online and returning to Story Mode, it briefly drops you into one character's scene (e.g. Michael standing outside his home), then suddenly quits that; gives you a black loading screen for 4-5 seconds, and then drops you into a slightly different scene of the same character (e.g. Michael inside his home).

It's as if Story Mode can't make up its mind about where it's supposed to put you...and it happens almost every time; making game exits and/or session fixes (for daily objectives) even longer.

Royally annoying.

Edited by DentureDynamite

- Borderlands series

- Dying Light

- etc

Ridge Racer 7

Clearly I don't play enough video games.

Misanthrope Z

- Borderlands series

- Dying Light

- etc

Ridge Racer 7

Clearly I don't play enough video games.

i dont play a lot either, thats the only one i know of that has interactive loading screens

The only other game I play is Forza 3 and that game is like 90% boring loading screen, so I don't have any complaint with GTAO.

At least you should see all these texts about events and those like when you start the game.

Showing up Snapmatics would be cool.

Edited by ChaosZake

I find it very soothing and relaxing.

• Like 1