3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

UshaB

The Predator

darthYENIK

I still can't believe Shane Black is directing this.

Jeez, you've got a big pussy. Jeez, you've got a big pussy.

Flash525

The kid, the woman, and the white guy will survive.

Isn't that a bit cliché? Is Hollywood mind you so yeah, probably right!

It being Hollywood is exactly the reason for my speculation. ;)

I trust Shane Black, especially after The Nice Guys. I mean..the black guy survived in Predator 2 so here is hoping?

The thing with Predator 2 is that the black guy was the main character.

Natasha

I trust Shane Black, especially after The Nice Guys. I mean..the black guy survived in Predator 2 so here is hoping?

Yeah, like they would of killed off Dutch in the first one man!

feckyerlife

The kid, the woman, and the white guy will survive.

Isn't that a bit cliché? Is Hollywood mind you so yeah, probably right!

It being Hollywood is exactly the reason for my speculation. ;)

in all the predators its the same, the main guy lives and a kid or girl. besides AVP only the black girl lived

Edited by feckyerlife

Natasha

in all the predators its the same, the main guy lives and a kid or girl. besides AVP only the black girl lived

Not to nit pick, but basically in 'all' the predators, either a Man, Woman, or child survives. Isn't that a given? If that never happened then no on survives is all I'm saying? :^:

feckyerlife

Not to nit pick, but basically in 'all' the predators, either a Man, Woman, or child survives. Isn't that a given? If that never happened then no on survives is all I'm saying? :^:

lol yeah kinda but they followed the same pattern, the two movies with the black leads, only that person survived. predator and predators - the lead male and girl survived. AVPR was the only one were a group survived

Natasha

lol yeah kinda but they followed the same pattern, the two movies with the black leads, only that person survived. predator and predators - the lead male and girl survived. AVPR was the only one were a group survived

:lol: It was just how you said it was always the same outcome now you're pointing out how it's bascially a different outcome everytime.

feckyerlife

:lol: It was just how you said it was always the same outcome now you're pointing out how it's bascially a different outcome everytime.

well i meant they follow patterns lol it was early, earlier

Leftist Bastard

I think it would be bloody amazing if the movie starts with the kid getting blown to bits or something. Maybe with a dishonored/bad blood Predator who kills children, women, etc just no hold barred. Would throw everyone for a loop and defy expectations.

Natasha

I think it would be bloody amazing if the movie starts with the kid getting blown to bits or something. Maybe with a dishonored/bad blood Predator who kills children, women, etc just no hold barred. Would throw everyone for a loop and defy expectations.

Oh you sadistic bastard :p I agree though, no one would imagine it. In fairness, give that kid a gun, and they're going to die lol.

Actlikeyouknow

C6cLxr1UoAAolkQ.jpg

Shared on Shane Black's twitter

Fuzzknuckles

Hollywood you lazy f*ckers. Trying to sh*t on the original once again.

How is this trying to sh*t on the original?

Leftist Bastard

C6cLxr1UoAAolkQ.jpg

Shared on Shane Black's twitter

Is that Theon Greyjoy holding a deck of cards?

Fuzzknuckles

Yes it is.

Natasha

Has a plot line been revealed about this or are we left hanging on this picture for now?

Fuzzknuckles

How much plot reveal do you need? It's a Predator movie.

Plot: There are some men, and a Predator. Fight. Deaths, many deaths. Top man beats Predator. In this case, I'm assuming Top man is Thomas Jane. Alfie Allen is too AIDS-y to beat a Predator.

Natasha

Plot: There are some men, and a Predator. Fight. Deaths, many deaths. Top man beats Predator. In this case, I'm assuming Top man is Thomas Jane. Alfie Allen is too AIDS-y to beat a Predator.

I would demand £10 if it turned out to not be the typical plot line in that instance :lol: But okay, granted I do appreciate it's more or less a reboot of the original more than likely.

Fuzzknuckles

Apparently it's a direct sequel to the first one. Which is fine, he's slotting it into the existing history instead of trying to rewrite it like Ridley Scott's doing with Alien.

NewUsernameMan

I don't know how I feel about this. There's a kid in it, and I hate normal kids in these films.

UshaB

The Galactic Thomas the Tank Engine Species is back!

Interesting...

...............wat?

Flash525

I hope there's a bit more to this film than that. Not overly fond of the fact it's not a reboot either; think I'd prefer that to be honest. There's only so many ways to tell the same Hunter>Killer story. Predator 2 was utter garbage; I didn't mind Predators though, thought that was quite good except for maybe the familiarity at the end (lets get covered in mud and win).

I'm optimistc, one day, that we'll get an epic Alien vs Predator trilogy, but maybe that optimism is too much!

Leftist Bastard

Alien v Predator is completely dead after Requiem. I like the theory that both universes are linked through the Engineers making the Aliens to fight the Yautja.

Flash525

Alien v Predator is completely dead after Requiem. I like the theory that both universes are linked through the Engineers making the Aliens to fight the Yautja.

That's been said before about other franchises that have come back around again. I don't expect we've seen the last of the AvP series; it may not be anytime soon, but you can bet they're not done with them yet!

Leftist Bastard

Has anyone read the supposed leaked story synopsis?

“Boyd Holbrook is Lieutenant Quinn McKenna (characters name might change), an elite soldier suffering from serious PTSD now working covert ops around the world. His team is trying to assassinate a drug lord in Cuba when the story begins. Jacob Tremblay is Rory McKenna. The estranged 12-year-old son of Quinn Mckenna who lives with his mother. He’s an autistic genius who gets bullied at school. Olivia Munn is Casey Brackett. She’s a science professor at Berkeley who’s an expert in Evolutionary biology. Basically the Amy Adams character from Arrival in the Predator universe. Sterling K. Brown is CIA Agent Traeger. He works for an off-the-book organization who’s known the Predator’s existence for a while. He captures Lt. McKenna and recruits to help investigate the situation. The story takes places 30 years after the events of the first and second movies. A predator spacecraft crashes in Cuba during covert ops run by Lt. McKenna. Before being captured by the CIA and Traeger, he sends part of the downed Predator armor by mail to his son Rory. After the supposedly “comatose” Predator is revived, a race for the missing tech brings all the characters together face-to-face with something much more nefarious… THE PREDATOR 2.0 A ten feet tall genetically enhanced and more advanced Predator who will crash the McKenna family reunion in suburbia. What else does Shane Black have in store for us? Predator dogs, a ragtag team of Army lunatics, and more weird space hybrids.”

Compounding the rumor is the fact that Arnold passed on the movie based on the script. This sounds terrible, not good terrible but genuinely terrible. Worse than AvP Requiem terrible.

Flash525

If they're going with genetically enhanced Predators now, then yeah, it's going to suck. Predtors are the perfect killer as they are, there’s no need to enhance them. If that leak turns out to be true, this film will fail hard.

Edited by Flash525

Actlikeyouknow

Uh oh boys it's time for some leaks. This picture was taken on set.

​IMG_20170514_113104.jpg

I have dubbed this picture as "Equally confusing, stupid, and awesome all at once."

Dear god they learned how to drive tanks. We are truly f*cked.

But in all seriousness, this looks to be the crew fooling around on set rather than an actual scene. This is also supported by the fact that the Pred on top of the tank is wearing human combat gear.

Edited by Actlikeyouknow

UshaB

Uh oh boys it's time for some leaks. This picture was taken on set.

Dear god they learned how to drove tanks. We are truly f*cked.

But in all seriousness, this looks to be the crew fooling around on set rather than an actual scene. This is also supported by the fact that the Pred on top of the tank is wearing human combat gear.

Yeah, there's a bit of debate going on over at the AVPgalaxy Forum figuring out if this is legit or not. My guess is, this ain't in it since they've wrapped up filming I'm pretty sure, like you said, they're just playing around.

Flash525

Maybe there's a plot twist and this is actually legit? There are two Predators on/in that Tank, when the film is titled The Predator, which potentially refers to another one. Maybe Humans and Hunters team up to defeat something else?

UshaB

Maybe there's a plot twist and this is actually legit? There are two Predators on/in that Tank, when the film is titled The Predator, which potentially refers to another one. Maybe Humans and Hunters team up to defeat something else?

I was more so referring to the Predator in cargo pants lol. But the; (continue reading if you really wanna)

team up is legit. They're fighting hybrid preds, spider preds etc. And there's, "The Predator" which is an intergalactic assassin said to be the genetically superior pred to the normal ones who was tasked to be sent to Earth to kill the Preds working with the humans.

Flash525

I was more so referring to the Predator in cargo pants lol. But the; (continue reading if you really wanna)

team up is legit. They're fighting hybrid preds, spider preds etc. And there's, "The Predator" which is an intergalactic assassin said to be the genetically superior pred to the normal ones who was tasked to be sent to Earth to kill the Preds working with the humans.

Seems a bit ... dishonourable? Predators have worked with Humans before.