2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Are survivals worth it?

Yuvitheplaya

I have been wondering are the survival game mode worth it like 30 mins of killing with your own ammo which can cost alot only for a mere 30k? I have seen alot of people playing survival solo and using alot of explosives which i assume might be atleast worth 25k and in survival alot of effort is required so do you think is survival still worth it?

I like survivals but yeah, the pay (in light of later additions/changes to the game) is pretty bad. I'd like to see them change it so that Survival payouts are increased by ~27%, and automatically restocked weapons/ammo for free if you beat the final wave.

• Like 4

You get a special T-shirt if you manage to survive all 10 waves.

It's a nice change of pace and an okay chunk of money if you finish all the waves. If you don't use explosives it's really not that bad on ammo costs, plus you can pick up cash from dead enemies to pay for ammo. Never understood the kids spraying rockets and grenades every round. You can shoot the guys out of the chopper for (almost) free, and you can just wait for the ground guys to get out of the SUV. A 500 dollar rocket isn't worth 25 RP for blowing up the vehicle to me, but for some it clearly is.

Let the pyrotechnic players blow things up if they want. You just sit back and pop off headshots and earn some decent money.

Edited by Lazysunday88
  • Like 3

I have been wondering are the survival game mode worth it like 30 mins of killing with your own ammo which can cost alot only for a mere 30k? I have seen alot of people playing survival solo and using alot of explosives which i assume might be atleast worth 25k and in survival alot of effort is required so do you think is survival still worth it?

that will depend on your definition of worth

Money wise, Not so much anymore as VIP missions and about any other jobs expect base jumping pays better

Fun wise YES i still enjoy playing them solo or with a group and wish R* would add a few more

Take some advise from an old man......Dont approach the Game as a job needing to make money fast, Keep it FUN your money will grow ....I still enjoy doing Gang Attacks from time to time, and all of us will tell you they dont pay crap........The only time i have ever decided to Grind stuff just for money is when an Update has something i want that i cant afford and is going to be removed after a few days or weeks....

Keep the game fun, and well will see you around for a good long while

• Like 2

In terms of money, nope. Even if you use wallbreaches to save ammo, you'll probably end up spending half the money on ammo anyway or take so long that by the time you would finish you'd actually get 3x what Survivals pay from Contact Missions/VIP Work in the same amount of time.

If you're just looking to have fun or a challenge or just rack up kills for your favorite weapons, then I'd say it's worth it.

• Like 2

Shadowfennekin

Nope, not for the time nor the money.

If it gave you your ammo back after it was over like some Heist missions and Lamar missions then maybe it would be worth it.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

No...unless you want some free weapons you just unlocked

Oh yeah, I do wish they'd add some more. They added the Legion Square one way back but that's it. I'd like to see some differennt ones, like an underground one (subway/sewers), plus there's a bunch of underutilised locations all over the map that would suit a survival.

No they aren't , real shame because I and most other day 1 players cut there first 50 levels and met most of their friends doing survivals. I was just think last night wave 10 should pay 50 or 60k so people play them again. Rockstar only like turning players against each other creating hate though. Now that they dont have the xbox and ps3 to worry about they could have 100 npc at a time, would be epic.

Edited by elfoam

You cant get trolled in Survivor missions, so playing with randumbs wont hurt you

plus for low levels they're a great way to hone your skills

No, not the fastest way to grind cash, but as others have said you have to mix it up a bit and have some fun

• Like 2

Nope, VIP is where its at. 20k+ in 5min, repeat every 10min

other than hto at lsia I don't think there is one vip that pays 20 k for 5 minutes and the cool down is 15 minutes......you're a lil off or exagerating for effect.

On topic. They are fun but not profitable. But this has always been the case...where have you been?

Edited by TreFacTor

Worth it for the fun.

Exactly what I was going to say.

They're also great if you're a low level, so you can pick up stuff like RPGs, minigun, etc and take them back into Free Roam.

Edited by ninjaontour

lll-H-I-M-lll

Good fun and a load of free ammo in my skint days i did these quite often usually solo.

it gets you good at ground battles as well

Edited by harbujahn the great

Pressure Drop

Survivals were great on last gen, I enjoyed playing them a lot... but they need an update for next gen!

We could have more waves, with more variety... NPCs in turreted limos / insurgents / hydras etc, maybe even a NPC in juggernaut suit for the last wave or something - and a higher player count. Imagine a team of 8-10 taking on 20 hardcore waves, it's surely possible on current gen, a wasted opportunity i feel

You guys need to stop thinking about money every once a while and have fun,because survivals are meant to be fun!

It isn't the best way to make money in GTA, but it is one of the most fun ways in my opinion. Also, if you have a good team you'd be surprised how fast they go and how quickly you can make money. I have one crew I've been playing with for a long time, it isn't uncommon for us to make 300-400k in one night.

Also, don't be an idiot spamming explosives and you should be fine. I rarely use up more then 2k worth of ammo, and never more than 3k. I've seen people use more than that just trying to take down one helicopter with the homing launcher, AFTER I cleared all the gunners out of it. Stick with the Combat MG, Special Carbine, and Assault Shotgun (especially for blind firing, I can't tell you how stupid and ineffective it is trying to spray enemies at close range with a rifle). Every now and then you might wanna use a minigun to take down helicopters, but you only need a little bit, either to take out the pilot or destroy the rotor. Also, Heavy Sniper every now and then for those long range shots. That's all you need.

No they aren't , real shame because I and most other day 1 players cut there first 50 levels and met most of their friends doing survivals.

You've kind of contradicted yourself there.

You cant get trolled in Survivor missions, so playing with randumbs wont hurt you

Yeah, you can...I've seen all kinds of idiot behaviour in survival:

- Players going AFK

- suicidal "run at opposition, get mown down" types

- people blowing up cars next to me, killing me

- driving around in spare cars, running me over

- getting in my way when I have a decent spot to defend from

sh*t like that.

Pressure Drop

I use the heavy pistol in survival, 1-2 shot kills usually, until things get too hectic, then i use shotgun - and minigun for the choppers. Never use much ammo this way, heavy pistol ftw

Survivals are great for new players learning the ropes. You don't use your own ammo because you're constantly picking up all the stuff dropped by NPCs and spawning around the map, even miniguns later on. You learn how to take cover, shoot blind, run and gun, use medikits, etc... and you even get paid for it all. Takes me back to 2013.

Survivals are great for new players learning the ropes. You don't use your own ammo because you're constantly picking up all the stuff dropped by NPCs and spawning around the map, even miniguns later on. You learn how to take cover, shoot blind, run and gun, use medikits, etc... and you even get paid for it all. Takes me back to 2013.

Yup.

I think I was being disingenious @elfoam earlier, Survivals are great to learn the weapons + tactics of the game, but later on can be tedious.

And no, low level NOOBs I don't want to waste my time and ammo helping YOU do them.

Edited by BatFerYou
  • Like 2

other than hto at lsia I don't think there is one vip that pays 20 k for 5 minutes and the cool down is 15 minutes......you're a lil off or exagerating for effect.

On topic. They are fun but not profitable. But this has always been the case...where have you been?

Sightseeing is 22 or 23k for 4 or 5 mins work in a buzzard or swift. And the Altruist & LSIA HTO is around 15k for 3 or 4 mins work in a buzzard. The sightseeing cooldown (9 mins) continues to decrease even if you're offline or in a mission (whilst VIP timer is frozen), so you can chain together Sightseeing with 8 or 9 minute missions in between. Generally more profitable that heists with far less effort.

Sightseeing is 22 or 23k for 4 or 5 mins work in a buzzard or swift. And the Altruist & LSIA HTO is around 15k for 3 or 4 mins work in a buzzard. The sightseeing cooldown (9 mins) continues to decrease even if you're offline or in a mission (whilst VIP timer is frozen), so you can chain together Sightseeing with 8 or 9 minute missions in between. Generally more profitable that heists with far less effort.guess I suck at hacking. I can't do it in 4 to 5 minutes. Myabe I'm the only person who has to get out to pick up the well covered cases. My game must be faulty. Edited by TreFacTor

Sightseeing is 22 or 23k for 4 or 5 mins work in a buzzard or swift. And the Altruist & LSIA HTO is around 15k for 3 or 4 mins work in a buzzard. The sightseeing cooldown (9 mins) continues to decrease even if you're offline or in a mission (whilst VIP timer is frozen), so you can chain together Sightseeing with 8 or 9 minute missions in between. Generally more profitable that heists with far less effort.
guess I suck at hacking. I can't do it in 4 to 5 minutes. Myabe I'm the only person who has to get out to pick up the well covered cases. My game must be faulty.

As far as I know, everyone has to get out to pick up the cases in sightseer. It's only the cases in HTO which you can pick up while in a vehicle. Also, I assume you're using a helli and not a car, 'cause that would obviously be a lot slower.