3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

[4K] GTA V Photorealistic Graphics Mod

Eddynstain

Hey guys!

Had some fun messing around with the "Pinnacle of V" mod, and decided to make a video showing what GTA V looks like with it.

Here's the video, if you're interested.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure this can cause major performance issues because of how poorly optimized the game is, even on the best PCs. Just saying is all.

because of how poorly optimized the game is

Are we talking about GTA V here or some other game?

GTA V, and definitely not Arkham Knight. That game was WAY worse.

Edited by M.K.N.

gta iv was poorly optimized, gta v was not as it is not a port, but written for pc. stop blaming your sh*tty computers on poor optimization, it runs like butter on my system.

The only complaints are have are the lack of QA whenever they add features, which may cause stutters etc, but other than that GTA V is one of the best optimised games out there...

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

gta iv was poorly optimized, gta v was not as it is not a port, but written for pc. stop blaming your sh*tty computers on poor optimization, it runs like butter on my system.

Then explain us the reason for the massive frame drops related to grass when it's set to high and above ? which happens no matter how powerful your computer is, from 55 to 28....some amazing optimization there,the PS4 version has grass set to high,how come it doesn't drop as the PC version ?

"written for pc" yeah in your dreams maybe.

Edited by _MK_

I run with grass on 'high' with the system specs on my signature, and it never drops below 60fps in grassy areas, ever.

Edited by lydianduck

FourFingersOfFun

Then explain us the reason for the massive frame drops related to grass when it's set to high and above ? which happens no matter how powerful your computer is, from 55 to 28....some amazing optimization there,the PS4 version has grass set to high,how come it doesn't drop as the PC version ?

Maybe because all other settings on Console are much much lower than PC? Not that hard to realize.

Grass at high isn't that much of a performance killer with a good setup so.

I run with grass on 'high' with the system specs on my signature, and it never drops below 60fps in grassy areas, ever.

I have the same card and it drops no matter what,unless you provide us with a video showing a FPS counter at the corner,settings and heading to a dense area of grass then your just as full of sh*t as anyone else that i've seen here claiming that the game never drops,oh and they disappear from planet earth as soon as they are being called out to prove themselves.

Maybe because all other settings on Console are much much lower than PC? Not that hard to realize.

Grass at high isn't that much of a performance killer with a good setup so.

Good god when will people stop the "your PC sucks that's why" nonsense ?

This problem is not even hardware related,it's the game ! you see there is something fishy with grass in this game,somehow they managed to run the PS4 version with grass set to high without any frame drop,the XBOX1 on the other hand wasn't able to pull it off hence why XBOX1 has grass set to normal which is the same case with the PC version when having grass set to normal you won't have any frame drops,with the PC version they can't just limit the grass options to Normal.

So given the fact that the PS4 can run grass at high without frame drops and according to you "it's hardware related not the game" then this means one thing and one thing only,that the PS4 is more powerful than any PC out there since it doesn't drop on high grass,what a clown logic.

Oh and my specs:

G1 970

i7 4790 4.0Ghz

840 EVO 250GB SSD

16GB 2400Mhz

Windows 7 64bit

Edited by _MK_

Sure, I'll post a video.

Check this thread in a while.

Dude, you went on a huge rant, calm down.

Edited by lydianduck

Thanks for the video,it's unbelievably solid,how is that ? it doesn't even drop one single frame :blink:,can you just do one more thing please,spawn a helicopter at the same spot and go high up in the sky,way up,wanna see how much your fps increases while you go from ground to sky.

Edited by _MK_

Ok, gimme a sec.

How much my fps increases??? So you want me to turn off v sync??

Edited by lydianduck

Vsync is on ? are you kidding me ? c'mon man you know that any kind of sync locks FPS,lol what's the point of all of this if you have your FPS locked,so yeah turn any kind off sync in both the game and Nivida panel,RivaTuner if also,and redo the whole thing without any tricks.

Edited by _MK_

Dude, do you even know how v sync works? If Im getting 60fps locked with v sync, it means it's getting MINIMUM 60 fps.

You're not gonna make me redo the whole thing are you?

-Edit- I'll do it again, no problem, also check the video above.

Edited by lydianduck

Dude Vsync is still ON with the last video you posted

Loygu43.png

You can't use any kind of FPS limiter or sync when you're testing such a matter,otherwise how can we can to the bottom of this ?

EDIT: and please don't cut the video,want to see the whole thing.

Edited by _MK_

We're not talking about you getting above 60 or 80,this is about frame drops no matter what your FPS is,i honestly don't want to embrace you here or any of the likes,but you're the one who doesn't know jack,telling me your game runs smooth without any frame drops when your FPS is locked,here this is from your last video 84

HDvJBUG.png

to 69

ImVVz2y.png

what do you call that ? frame smooth ? plus if you really want to find out the real number of frame drop go to the city in the open and mark the highest FPS you get there then come back to the same thick grass spot you showed me with your first video.

I'm done here the last note was just for you to find out.

Edited by _MK_

Dude, you're done, accept you were wrong, you were claiming the game had fps drops to 24, you were clearly wrong, you're just grasping at straws now.

Of course there's gonna be variations in framerate depending on how much is rendered on the screen, but I proved my original point, that it NEVER drops below 60 in grassy areas with grass on 'high', which you didn't believe, and also you claimed it dropped to 24fps, which was also not the case. Give up, seriously.

Also, I play with v sync on since my monitor is 60hz and it can't display any more than 60fps, and it's 60fps 100% of the time, it's MEGA smooth.

Edited by lydianduck

How the f*ck am i wrong ? i just proved you wrong with your own video lol, holy f*ck you're delusional,yes for me on my settings it drops to 28(not 24) in the city it's 50-55 for me,but the point is this game THE POINT IS the game has an issue with grass which results in a frame drop which you just experienced yourself with your own game when you turned off Vsync,as i said head to the city mark your FPS then come back to the same spot you'll see the gap even tho you just dropped from 84 to 69 in the same spot with that 22 sec video.

Yeah it never drops only when Vsync is ON what a joke.again our subject is about frame drops,not about being able to keep it above 60,yeah you are right it doesn't drop for you under 60 with or without Vsync which is great but that has nothing to do with the point that we are discussing here now is it ? not even close.

Edited by _MK_

Actually, THAT was exactly the point we were discussing, you claimed the pc version dropped to sub-ps4 framerate with grass on 'high', and you were clearly wrong. You even claimed it dropped to 28 fps, lol.

Btw, of course there's gonna be framerate fluctuations depending on how much is rendered on screen, that's how it works, no game has stable framerate with v sync off on any system, it might drop from 120 to 90, but if your monitor is 60hz like mine (and it probably is) you don't even notice those drops because you can't see more than 60fps anyway, so a drop from 84 to 69, you're not gonna even notice, your monitor only shows up to 60fps.

And you still claimed that it drops to 28fps no matter what. Remember saying that? Just a few posts above? I was right, my game doesn't drop below 60fps in grassy areas, and since I play with v sync on because I can't stand screen tearing, it's 60fps 100% of the time, which means it's EXTREMELY fluid, and like I said, 60hz monitors can't show more than 60fps, so my game is running as smooth as it can be.

Edited by lydianduck

You're really not getting it are you ? holysh*t man it's not about how many FPS we get,it's about the drops OH MY GAWD,it doesn't matter that im dropping to 28(28 is just a number) it's about the issue that it drops get it ? in the city where grass is to minimum i get from 50 to 55 ,that's absolutely normal for any game as you said no game out there is stable,non unless you're using Vsync,but as soon as you get near dense grass the drop is huge from 50 to 28 which is not normal,since the huge drops happen only near/on grass that indicates to an issue.

Oh ok, if your point was that games fluctuate in framerate then I agree, that's how it works. I was just pointing out that my pc doesn't drop below 60 ever in grassy areas with grass on 'high', which for some reason you didn't believe me, it certainly isn't even close to dropping as low as 28.

You claimed that it drops below PS4's framerate with grass on 'high' btw, are you gonna concede this point?

That has been my point since post one,and since that the whole point was about the drops,but anyway.

Where did i say that it drops below PS4's frame rate ? i said that the PS4 has grass on High but doesn't suffer the same issue that the PC does on High.

Edited by _MK_

Here:

You said "how come it doesn't drop as the PC version ?" as if the pc version had worse framerate than ps4.

Obviously, if the PS4 had it's 30fps lock removed, you would see the variation in framerate, to say from 50 to 35 or whatever, but since it's locked you don't see the drop. The same goes with pc, if you lock the framerate at 60 (which you should on a 60hz monitor), you won't notice those drops from 85 to 69, which I don't, because my game runs at 60fps all the time.

Btw, does your game drop as low as 28 in grassy areas with grass on 'high' ? If so, that's weird and it shouldn't happen.

Edited by lydianduck

You seem to be stuck with the whole frame number thing,point is i was compering the PS4 with PC regarding the frame drop issue as in the occurring of the issue itself,like i said"why does it happen on PC but not in the PS4 version" and the fact that the XBOX1's grass has been completely turned down to Normal,it might be locked but i just don't get the reason for what they did with the XBOX1 version and the drops with the PC version is in fact an issue with the game as i have mentioned and not a normal frame drop but related directly to the game itself.

Well as mentioned before,it depends on the settings,the frame drop gap will be larger depending on the settings,i have them pretty maxed out at 2K so.

But it does happen in PS4, it's just that the framerate is locked at 30 so you don't see the variations on the framerate. Just like you don't see those variations above 60fps when you lock to 60 on pc.

Clearly, judging by the videos I posted, the PC version is superior, performance-wise, it doubles PS4's framerate all the time, just lock that f*cker at 60fps which is all your monitor can display anyway, and enjoy the liquid smoothness.

Obviously, if you're playing maxed at 2k you're gonna see such drops, you can't compare PS4's 30fps @1080p to max settings at @2k. Actually, the fact that maxed out at 2k drops as little as only 2 frames below PS4's 1080p, shows how well this game is optimized.

Anyway, this is ridiculous now, you didn't believe me my game didn't drop below 60fps, and I showed you I was telling the truth. That's all.

Edited by lydianduck
  • Like 1