2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

do you lock onto every aircraft that flies by?

The Wandering Hunter

The Wandering Hunter

it really pisses me off when people lock onto my hydra and usually results in 4-7 hours of jet griefing.

if a pilot isn't hurting anyone then how about just leaving them alone?

and a secondary point

of all the hydras that you randomly fire at how many actually die?

firing a homing rocket at most jets is futile unless you do it for a while or also snipe them

so all a pot shot will do is piss them off

or do most people just fly in a streight line then bail?

• Like 2

I only ever shoot down jets, and only if I know they're in the skies with malicious intent. More often than not, I forget the homing launcher is even in my inventory.

Also, I only ever hit Hydras/Lazers coming straight at me, and that's because the sods are too dopey to pull out of the strafing run when the target has clearly become a threat. Otherwise, snipe them down, hit the engines, the pilot, the parachute, the parachuter, and then kill him till he leaves for trying to jet grief.

• Like 1

shadowoperative

Yes. And put bounties. And call a mugger and mercs once they are on foot.

• Like 2

You really overestimate the abilities of the average jet pilot. I'm almost always able to take asshole jets down with the homing launcher.

If their dot is red and/or I've seen them blasting people, then yeah. If they don't intend to kill me then I leave them alone, and I appreciate it when people do the same.

Maybe half of them, mostly when they charge at me like Zader said, but if the HL doesn't take them down I just take out a sniper, like the good ol' days where the only jet was the Lazer. They then either bail and I kill them and maybe counter-grief, or they scurry away for another and I usually stop caring.

You really overestimate the abilities of the average jet pilot. I'm almost always able to take asshole jets down with the homing launcher.

I dont remember ever taking out a jet with one. Myself Ive crash my Hydra a few times while avoiding them but never been hit.

Not onto every aircraft, no, but if I see a coward in a hydra and he is not mentally stable then I most likely will use my homing launcher. What is funny is that after firing 2 or 3 times they usually fall to their deaths because they lose control. And when they don't fall they usually go away or turn on passive so it is a nice way to annoy these people who love to annoy others using cheap methods.

The Wandering Hunter

it's not that hard to do a circle

and there's 2 ways it can go:

you make a sh*tty pilot bail out

you piss off a really good pilot

Edited by The Sole Survivor
  • Like 1

You're in a fighter jet. What else are you up to but trying to kill people? Sure, you could fly a Hydra to buy snacks from the convenience store or get from A to B, but is that what you need a fighter jet for? Is that why you broke into Fort Zancudo or drove all the way to some random ass Pegasus location? The overwhelming probability is that the guy in the fighter jet is up to no good.

I don't try to destroy every jet. For me it depends on their flight path. If the jet icon in question looks like they'll continue past me, then it's no biggie, they'll be gone soon. But if the jet is circling around, repeatedly, something is about to happen. You don't have much choices. Either hide / go passive, kill them before they kill you, or wait to be killed.

I enjoy flying in GTAO. I steal the Lazer and own the Hydra, but when people lock on to me I'm not mad. It is what it is. It comes with the territory.

If you don't want to be a target, either fly higher, go passive, or fly something else.

Edited by ikaR3CON
  • Like 2

KgQS6by.jpg?1

Me. Most jet players are stupid and don't know how to dodge homing rockets, especially when me and my buddies are all firing. The heavy sniper usually does the job much better, however. Jet griefers never know how to deal with it.

Also, don't fly a helicopter anywhere near me. That's a bad idea.

The Wandering Hunter

You're in a fighter jet. What else are you up to but trying to kill people? Sure, you could fly a Hydra to buy snacks from the convenience store or get from A to B, but is that what you need a fighter jet for? Is that why you broke into Fort Zancudo or drove all the way to some random ass Pegasus location? The overwhelming probability is that the guy in the fighter jet is up to no good.

I don't try to destroy every jet. For me it depends on their flight path. If the jet icon in question looks like they'll continue past me, then it's no biggie, they'll be gone soon. But if the jet is circling around, repeatedly, you don't have much of a choice. Something is about to happen. Either hide / go passive, kill them before they kill you, or wait to be killed.

I enjoy flying in GTAO. I steal the Lazer and own the Hydra, but when people lock on to me I'm not mad. It is what it is. It comes with the territory.

If you don't want to be a target, either fly higher, go passive, or fly something else.

killing someone that isn't you most likely

it's better to keep it that way

You're in a fighter jet. What else are you up to but trying to kill people?

Air checkpoints, inverted flying, low-passes, getting from my place in Paleto back to civilization, or just trying to have a nice time out with the thing I sank a few million bucks into.

Only very rarely do I use the thing to attack people, and even then, it's typically because they started it, and I'm ending it.

Again. Overestimating the average GTAO player. To you or me or most members here it might seem simple enough. But there's a bunch of idiots out there playing this game, and most of them are pretty bad at it.

Is that last bit supposed to be scary?

The Wandering Hunter

Again. Overestimating the average GTAO player. To you or me or most members here it might seem simple enough. But there's a bunch of idiots out there playing this game, and most of them are pretty bad at it.

Is that last bit supposed to be scary?

no

but either way taking the potshot is pointless

it doesn't even page your kd since they bail

I don't try to destroy every jet. For me it depends on their flight path. If the jet icon in question looks like they'll continue past me, then it's no biggie, they'll be gone soon. But if the jet is circling around, repeatedly, you don't have much of a choice. Something is about to happen. Either hide / go passive, kill them before they kill you, or wait to be killed.

killing someone that isn't you most likely

it's better to keep it that way

You're in a fighter jet. What else are you up to but trying to kill people?

Air checkpoints, inverted flying, low-passes, getting from my place in Paleto back to civilization, or just trying to have a nice time out with the thing I sank a few million bucks into.

Only very rarely do I use the thing to attack people, and even then, it's typically because they started it, and I'm ending it.

What I'm saying is, because you decided to fly a fighter jet in freeroam don't take it personal if people try to shoot you down. You're in a Hydra for christsakes. It was specifically built to kill people.

Edited by ikaR3CON

KgQS6by.jpg?1

SkynetOnlineID

Yes.

Unidentified aircraft, land now or you will be grounded.

Sometimes I send a text afterwards saying "no flying without my permission".

Shadowfennekin

If the dot is red and they're in a helicopter, yes. Better to be safe than sorry, could be a Valkyrie or Savage

Stop being so hurt OP, the fact that you are in an armed fighter jet means you are a potential threat. Expect a rocket up your ass to keep you busy while I wreck you with heavy sniper fire.

• Like 2

The Wandering Hunter

Stop being so hurt OP, the fact that you are in an armed fighter jet means you are a potential threat. Expect a rocket up your ass to keep you busy while I wreck you with heavy sniper fire.

atleast you follow through

I usually shoot down armed aircrafts if they're coming at me or players with a red dot.

Edited by HGR

Dragon_Of_Tragedy

lol your flying a armed weapon and you don't like to be shot down? If it's not a friend and coming my way I'll try to take it down.

Edited by jerryinohio78

I hate when people shoot at me for no reason,if I'm in a jet or my savage I get it,but if I'm in my stunt plane or any other unarmed plane your just being a dick if you shoot at me.

Don't blame the players; blame Rockstar for putting that BS in the game in the first place.

On topic, I snipe all jets I see, regardless of whether or not they've attacked me. It's a public session, any jet is most likely around to cause serious damage with it, and I like to try take them out before they've done this.

I generally homing launcher everything else, because I know that (unlike a jet) all the other aircraft can't dodge it well at all.

You could say I'm a bit of a d**k yeah, but it means there'll probably be a few more people complaining about the homing launcher, which is great for me - increases the (admittedly unlikely) odds that Rockstar will do something about it.

Edited by Icantthinkofonew
  • Like 1

I just wish the Besra didn't have to share the jet icon with the armed crafts. I love flying that thing around, but while I'm out racing through the canyons, rolling around and having fun, people are mobilizing for an attack I'll never make, always running to their jets to try and take me down before I decide to head to the city.

DominusTaranis

Yes. And put bounties. And call a mugger and mercs once they are on foot.

Even on a Vestra? Mallard? Frogger? Barbocob?