Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,416 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

LittleWeasel

Game available for a 64 system?

LittleWeasel

Hello there, I was wondering if I can run this game on a 64 bytes system?

By the way, it works on Win 10?

thehambone

It works for me on Windows 10, so I'd think it should work for you as well. You never know until you try it out.

LittleWeasel

It works for me on Windows 10, so I'd think it should work for you as well. You never know until you try it out.

Thanks for your answer, if you can, can you pass me the place where you download it? I can't find it anywhere, whenever I find it doesn't work for me.

Molotok

You can play the DOS version in DOSBox on pretty much any operating system. I would recommend using DOSBox SVN Daum because it has direct3d support, so you can play with same graphics as pc version. The pc version lagged for me on win7 64 bit and videos didnt play, so the dos version is better imo.

LittleWeasel

Any 64 bit Windows can run 32 bit programs just fine. GTA runs okay on modern systems with a bunch of tweaks.

Rockstar Classics version download

Yeah, I know, but in my case I cannot. I'll check if it works.

LittleWeasel

@Helegad It works fine now! Thanks.

AjdarFan

Any 64 bit Windows can run 32 bit programs just fine. GTA runs okay on modern systems with a bunch of tweaks.

is this link including the london packs? if not where i can download them too?

AjdarFan

I get an error that says Directplay cannot installed, Helegad. I'm on Windows 10. I searched it on the web but not suprisingly I cannot find any threads that regards this problem, not many players play GTA 1.
Edit: Nevermind, i solved it but now game lags very much, i cannot play it, even after i applied said patches in here

Edited by Rius

AjdarFan

And can you please post London packs and GTA 2, too?

AjdarFan

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13992625/gta/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%201%20%26%20London%201969%20%26%201961.zip

Try this link ^ courtesy of Tomasak, has GTA 1 & Both London games, widescreen and working here on 64 bit windows 10

Did you applied the dgVoodoo patch also, or your system are not lagging, or patch included in the link?

badnews

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13992625/gta/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%201%20%26%20London%201969%20%26%201961.zip

Try this link ^ courtesy of Tomasak, has GTA 1 & Both London games, widescreen and working here on 64 bit windows 10

Did you applied the dgVoodoo patch also, or your system are not lagging, or patch included in the link?

I didnt bother with it (the dgvoodoo patch), Just installed Tomasaks versions and they work perfectly, Ive had no lagging

Edited by badnews

AjdarFan

I didnt bother with it (the dgvoodoo patch), Just installed Tomasaks versions and they work perfectly, Ive had no laggingInteresting. Can you give me your PC specs? BTW I wonder when game runs smoothly, on low-end PC's or high-end PC's? Edited by Rius

badnews

I didnt bother with it (the dgvoodoo patch), Just installed Tomasaks versions and they work perfectly, Ive had no lagging
Interesting. Can you give me your PC specs? BTW I wonder when game runs smoothly, on low-end PC's or high-end PC's?

My PC is nothing special mate, if you try the link I am pretty sure you will be able to play it fine, Ive played it on every computer Ive had since it was released and theres always been a way to get it working

AjdarFan

Found what's lagging the game: widescreen fix! I once accidentally forgot to rename ddraw.dll dsound.dll, and dgVoodoo's ddraw.dl overwritten it. Game opened without fix and with very smooth gameplay. But, as you know, screen's very blurry without the fix.

badnews

Found what's lagging the game: widescreen fix! I once accidentally forgot to rename ddraw.dll dsound.dll, and dgVoodoo's ddraw.dl overwritten it. Game opened without fix and with very smooth gameplay. But, as you know, screen's very blurry without the fix.

Have you tried deleting the version you are using and trying Tomaraks? Or is the lagging on that version?

AjdarFan

Lagging all the time, at everything I tried. Guess I'm forced to play it with 15-20 FPS.

badnews

Lagging all the time, at everything I tried. Guess I'm forced to play it with 15-20 FPS.

Dont know what else to suggest man, Ive tried Tomaraks version on a couple of old ass laptops now and it works fine in widescreen on both of them. Maybe try updating your video drivers and reinstalling directx possibly