2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

CoreyDog2014

Assetto Corsa (PS4/XB1/PC)

CoreyDog2014

So this game has been available on PC for sometime now but is arriving on the PS4 and XBOne soon.

What are peoples thoughts about this game?

The PS4 is really missing a simulation racer. Project Cars is a mediocre racing game really with its emphasis purely on Race Cars with next to nothing for Road Cars. Assetto Corsa may finally be the Sim racer people have been crying out for.

XBOne of course has the Forza Series, which, in my opinion, is one of the best racing franchises ever so Assetto Corsa will have some work to do there.

Dealux

I am very curious to know how this game plays on a console with a controller. So far from my testing on PC with an Xbox gamepad the results are a complete disaster. The game is not playable at all.

No matter how much you tweak the settings cars still feel too sensitive and floaty. Part of the problem seems to be the third person camera (which I prefer). Oh my god it's so bad. How the f*ck can you not even get that right? The way it keeps moving around or fails to focus on the movements of the car make the controls even more impossible (and no, the "View" settings don't help at all; the camera still floats around like an asshole).

The simulation itself is very reminiscent of the Shift games and Project CARS to some extent. I get that same feeling of sh*tty controls from those games but you can tell that the physics are more realistic. However, it remains unplayable on a gamepad which is a huge shame.

Nico

I was about to create a thread about this but decided to bump this instead since last post isn't very old.

To be honest I disagree about the game being unplayable with controller on PC. It's really fun and responsive to me, and I use a Dualshock 4 pad with the DS4Windows software that emulates a X360 pad. In a perfect world I would have a proper setup with wheel and pedals, but I can't afford that sh*t and I don't have the space for it either. Car variety is cool, but it needs more variety of tracks. However, the ones it has are great, most of them are laser-scanned and highly accurate. The classic version of Monza is a joy to drive on. Also there's tons of mod support and many dedicated modders who provide extra content of all kinds, usually with great quality.

However, the game can be very expensive if you want to get all the content in one purchase. I suggest to wait for a sale if you want to get everything for a more decent price like I did.

Audi

Just picked this up as Friday it was on sale on Steam and I had been eyeing it for a long time.

I use a DS4 controller and the driving doesn't feel terrible. The most recent racing sims I've played have been Gran Turismo Sport and Project CARS both on PS4 and I got to say I prefer this game over both, especially GT. The game does make me want to finally invest in a proper wheel setup though.

Aside from trying to get the basics down I've been messing around with the photo mode.

Screenshot_ferrari_599xxevo_monza_16-2-1

Screenshot_ferrari_599xxevo_monza_16-2-1

Edited by Audi

OurJud

Can't believe how much the OR adds to the realism of this game - and that's just from watching gameplay. The whole looking into the corners makes a world of difference.

Tails Prower

I have Assetto Co

Just picked this up as Friday it was on sale on Steam and I had been eyeing it for a long time.

I use a DS4 controller and the driving doesn't feel terrible. The most recent racing sims I've played have been Gran Turismo Sport and Project CARS both on PS4 and I got to say I prefer this game over both, especially GT. The game does make me want to finally invest in a proper wheel setup though.

Aside from trying to get the basics down I've been messing around with the photo mode.

That's interesting, I didn't realise there was a photo mode option for Assetto Corsa, I have it but not played it much as I've have had to much to do.

I do agree I think it's a better game driving wise than GT Sport (I have played that too much since release) so I might dust this off for the PS4 soon.

Audi

There is one in the showroom option while picking a car and one built into the replay mode. Its not great, but this games purpose was never to be a photo sim lol.

HaRdSTyLe_83

Is there any point in getting this game if i already own project cars 2?

Edit: Its for VR porpose only

Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83

Audi

If the price is right I see no harm. The VR mode looks great, but not familiar with PCARS 2 as I've only played the first one so can't properly compare.

Tails Prower

There is one in the showroom option while picking a car and one built into the replay mode. Its not great, but this games purpose was never to be a photo sim lol.

Fair enough, I will have a look at that as I've dusted the game off and installed it at the weekend so will do some racing with it later in the week.

PondNewt

I was temped to buy this the other month as it was on sale for quite a big discount on PS4 in one of the sales just after Christmas. I didn't bite in the end though as I already had quite a few games waiting to be played. I think it does look pretty good though. I've read as well that on the PS4 side of things it is a very difficult platinum?

jpm1

in case you wondered

yJqmwID.jpg