2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Question about badsport

craigdyid

So I'd never been made bad sport before but I was playing GTAO for the first time in three months blew up one car and got made bad sport.

I'm not complaning about the ban however as I can't remember what I did last time but I only play GTAO now days when I'm bored so I probably was an a** hole and deserve it.

The question I have is with the 'bad sport' system seeming to be based over playing time rather than real life time, how long will my bad sport last and do I have to play for a certain ammount of time to become unbanned or can I just not play GTAO for a while and come back on unbanned?

P.S. Always wondered what a bad sport lobby was like and if you've ever fancied going don't. There's very few people there and the ones that are will grief you relentlessly :p

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure the BS time goes in real life time, not playing time.

So it continues decreasing even when you're not there playing.

Also, to avoid being a BS, try playing jobs more often as the Job Points you earn from them counter the BS points you get from blowing up vehicle and such.

At least this is what I understand, I've never been to BS honestly.

Edited by Braulioaej

wavingmountains.gif

As much as I try, I never got BS. I blow PVs all the time and nothing ever happened to me besides the insurance bill of course. Maybe it's because I also play a lot of missions and heists, and never blow that many at once so the points keep being reseted.

Honestly I always wanted to know exactly how would it be like to be on a BS lobby, before my (hopefully) distant retirement I might purposely get into it, even to know exactly how many PVs do I need to blow up to reach it.

• Like 1

Your first bad sport will last 2 days and should double every time after. Ive heard your time can get extended if you continue to get bs messages while still in bad sport but I have not experienced this myself.

Usually when you first enter a bs lobby it will tell your time left in the bottom left of your screen.

@king andy..try getting 50 bs messages within your last 12-24 hours of gameplay.

Edited by StangOne50
  • Like 1

shadowoperative

So I'd never been made bad sport before but I was playing GTAO for the first time in three months blew up one car and got made bad sport.

Seems legit.

giphy.gif

The timer and count decrease even when you're not playing. Op sounds like a troll. There's already been one today on this topic.

• Like 2

The timer ticks down regardless of your play time. I had an account on a month long Bad Sport stint up until last Saturday, didn't play it once while it ticked down, just played my other accounts.

I can 100% confirm it ticks down outside of play time.

Honestly I always wanted to know exactly how would it be like to be on a BS lobby, before my (hopefully) distant retirement I might purposely get into it, even to know exactly how many PVs do I need to blow up to reach it.

It's lonely as f*ck, man. When I was in BS back on 360, the place was always heaving with activity. 99% (not an exaggeration) of lobbies I've seen on PC are empty. I mean f*cking empty, you got the place entirely to yourself. Even launching jobs I never had someone join on PC.
I dunno if they changed how the lobbies worked since I was on 360, but the emptiness is what made me not play my main account through my most recent sentence.
Edited by ninjaontour

Ive heard your time can get extended if you continue to get bs messages while still in bad sport but I have not experienced this myself.

in the early days of badsport doing badsport things while in badsport would result in more time being added to your timer, but seem like they removed that.

it used to be like this...

destroying a pv added 1 hour.

leaving a job added 30mins.

killing a player in passive mode added 15mins.

the last time i entered badsport i was in a lobby with you and keep on destroying cars and was surprised the timer didnt increase.

The timer ticks down regardless of your play time. I had an account on a month long Bad Sport stint up until last Saturday, didn't play it once while it ticked down, just played my other accounts.

I can 100% confirm it ticks down outside of play time.

It's lonely as f*ck, man. When I was in BS back on 360, the place was always heaving with activity. 99% (not an exaggeration) of lobbies I've seen on PC are empty. I mean f*cking empty, you got the place entirely to yourself. Even launching jobs I never had someone join on PC.

I dunno if they changed how the lobbies worked since I was on 360, but the emptiness is what made me not play my main account through my most recent sentence.

And this is how it should be.. Be happy PC players aren't as big of d*cks as on console

Seems legit.

giphy.gif

I lol'd so hard omg hilarious

lll-H-I-M-lll

Heres how it works when you are in badsport it runs on real time not playing time

Your status clean player/dodgy player runs on playing time/points you can have a year off and it won't change you have to play yourself out of the dodgy status

Trust the BAD SPORT VETERAN leader

Heres how it works when you are in badsport it runs on real time not playing time

Your status clean player/dodgy player runs on playing time/points you can have a year off and it won't change you have to play yourself out of the dodgy status

seem like the "badsport veteran leader" need more time in there so he can learn how the system works haha

the badsport timer would rundown whether you play or not.

stop playing a couple days and you can go from dodgy to clean player status, unless you play missions with other players to earn goodsport point, failing todo so would result in you going back to dodgy status after a single pv destruction or a kick vote.

trust me, i know how it works, i have been through the system 10 times already!

• Like 2

lll-H-I-M-lll

seem like the "badsport veteran leader" need more time in there so he can learn how the system works haha

the badsport timer would rundown whether you play or not.

stop playing a couple days and you can go from dodgy to clean player status, unless you play missions with other players to earn goodsport point, failing todo so would result in you going back to dodgy status after a single pv destruction or a kick vote.

trust me, i know how it works, i have been through the system 10 times already!

You basically said what i said lol

I was a dodgy player status before my laser went on my ps3 i returned to online 5 weeks later and was still dodgy player status. Ive spent 14 months in total in BS i lost count how many times i was sectioned.............you are now classed as badsport you can only play with badsports untill you are forgiven.......Words of rockstar wisdom