2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Nightshade or Tampa?

beretta-gt88

Nightshade or Tampa?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. What muscle car you like better?

• Declasse Tampa
    • Imponte Nightshade

They both have good custom options and relatively lackluster performance in their class. The Nightshade is more of an investment, and is new to the series. The Tampa is classic from GTA4, and is a cheaper purchase.

This is a tough one. If you want them just for looks, I cant give you an answer because I love them both so much. If you want the faster one get the Tampa.

I noticed Nightshade is on sale 438,750 from 585,00 and the Tampa is 375,000 not on sale

I lean a lot more towards the Tampa, but it's up to you.

Depends what you're looking for.

The Nightshade is less of a classic muscle car and more of a redone modernized concept or something.

While the Tampa is a true muscle, with much more options for customization and a better two-tone paintjob.

Though, I've got both. I drive the Tampa a lot more.

Edited by Rewdalf

I want to like the Tampa. It's a lovely looking machine but performance wise, It doesn't strike me.

Now the Nightshade, that's a sleek and sexy looking machine. Regardless on how it performance, I need to have it in my garage.

One of my friends got the Nightshade, so I got the Tampa, we've often swapped cars in free mode.

There's options.

But yeah, I would own both, but I like to keep a minimum threshold of cash. Can't be arsed grinding anymore either.

I want to like the Tampa. It's than a lovely looking machine but performance wise, It doesn't strike me.

Now the Nightshade, that's a sleek and sexy looking machine. Regardless on how it performance, I need to have it in my garage.

performance wise Tampa accelerates faster than the Nightshade both have slow top speeds

Nightshade 104.5 mph

Tampa 105.5 mph

I want to like the Tampa. It's than a lovely looking machine but performance wise, It doesn't strike me.

performance wise Tampa accelerates faster than the Nightshade both have slow top speeds

Nightshade 104.5 mph

Tampa 105.5 mph

That's true but the Nightshade in my opinion is better looking, you can see why I chose it lol

Definitely the Tampa, the car looks a lot better imo and the customisations are more appealing. Plus the Nightshade is just too slow for the price tag.

• Like 1

performance

tampa

The car's V8 engine is fairly powerful, providing enough torque to make the wheels spin on takeoff and to give it decent top speed and acceleration. The handling is relatively stable for a muscle car, helped by the very good suspension. The frame is very heavy and rather durable, but the front and rear faciscas show a bit less crash durability than one would expect and the car is also not particularly resistant to gunfire. The brakes aren't very good, meaning the car requires brake discipline to corner properly. The car overall feels like the Sabre Turbo with a bit less power in exchange for better cornering.

nightshade

The Nightshade has acceptable acceleration, and an average top speed for the class. Its handling is remarkably good, keeping some semblance of traction despite being a muscle car. Oversteer is less common than other Muscle cars, and easier to correct. It feels very nice handling, but this is mostly due to being underpowered compared to other Muscles, and less viable for racing. Crash deformation is excellent, and can take several head-on hits before taking damage.

price :

tampa $375.000 vs nightshade $585.000

Both are kinda similar in terms of speed and sound, i would maybe pick the tampa too by small margin. In the end its sure a matter of taste, we all got different which is sure good, imagine everyone would dress same, eat same drive same just we got all the same taste.

Arrows to Athens

Definitely the Tampa, the car looks a lot better imo and the customisations are more appealing. Plus the Nightshade is just too slow for the price tag.

Well, look at the Stinger and the Stinger GT.

sweat pants boner

Nightshade looks cool but drives like garbage. Sold it after 10 minutes of driving it. Tampa drives/feels like the

sabre

• Like 1

Wandering Bastard

Tampa has the best secondary color option of all cars, period.

It lets you do a lot of very nice classic muscle car two-tone paint jobs (looking at you Mamba). And it's faster.

Nightshade.

or Tampa.

or both.

• Like 2

GrandTheftBatman

Tampa because it's more worth its price. The Nightshade is gorgeous like the Tampa (It's a toss up in terms of looks), but the nightshade has no bite.

I own both and I have to say I am not a fan of either. Handling, speed, engine noise all leave a lot to be desired IMO. Plus both struggle to drive uphill from a cold start which sucks.

I have a 10 car muscle garage and they hold the two bottom spots. I will replace them as soon as something better is added (c'mon LR2).

As you ask, the 8 I like more, in sort of order are:

Blade

Blackfin

Sabre Turbo

Ruiner

Phoenix

Buccaneer Custom

Dominator

Gauntlet

I do not have access to the Dukes sadly...

I like muscle cars but don't know what car I should buy next Tampa or Nightshade?

Despite the Tampa love and them both being slow the nightshade is waaaaay better to drive, its beast.

ubermactfanus

Buy a European Car, besides Camaros and Corvettes are for people with horrible taste

Buy a European Car, besides Camaros and Corvettes are for people with horrible taste

Especially since the Gauntlet is hideous and the Coquette has a 90s interior even though the car which is based on is from around 2013.

I bought a Tampa on my 336 character and a Nightshade on my 32 character. I'm satisfied with both, although a little disappointed with the Nightshade's performance for its price. The Nightshade is fun to drive as you don't have to prepare for sharp turns as much as the Tampa.

Edited by YngDady
  • Like 1

I would go for the tampa FIRST but seriously consider getting both. While neither are top of the class in performane, i feel they are both relatively well balenced and lots of FUN to drive. As long as you know how to drive a muscle car.... ;)

Both. Compromise is for:

tumblr_m2h6baOx0w1qc2bleo1_250.gif

Don't be a rectangle.

Nightshade because fat tires!

Edited by Cant-B-Faded