3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Mr. vercetti vs. thug from liberty

thugofliberty

thugofliberty

(Takes a narrative deep tone)  Throughout our lives, we witness Titans and Gods born (and unfortunately Die)-

from rebels without causes, to backstabbed thugs on a winding road to perdition... But what would happen when these legends meet on the battle field?

First comes Kobe Vs. Jordan (we all know who wins), to the classic Batman Vs. Superman (*shrug*)... but seriously-

Who would win in a fight between Mr. Tommy Vercetti, the lunatic of Vice City, and "Him", the silent protagonist of Liberty?

In my oppinion, it would definately be "Him" from Liberty City.  I mean come on!  Mr. Vercetti IS a bad ass who took control of Vice City- but "He" is the guy who f***ed Liberty City up!  So what do you people think?  Tommy or Him?  No flames- and if this has ever been discussed- let do this again...  its just something that will always boggle our minds.

Mr. Vercetti all the way! he never liked lance, that stupid *** clown. and besides, if he wanted he could f**k up Vice City, plus he eliminated his mafia boss and even offered him $3 mil in counterfiet cash instead of real bling bling

yeah Tommy V is better

Gta3 Guy - Gun weilding lunatic ,Silent killer, deadly. :cool:

Tommy V - Also a gun weilding lunatic, But he has attitude and with all the funny things he says. He definitely wins      :r*:  :devil:

yeh but what are we talking bout here, if they got in a fist fight have you seen how buff 'him' is, he could whoop tommys ass

i don't certainly don't like tommy shirt :sneaky:  so "him" wins hands down.. :

If they got in a fist fight tommy would win cause he has more health, armor, and his gang to back him up. He's also a prison-hardened tough mofo who can actually talk and he's probably the only gangster in history to go from thug to crime lord overnight.

Hmmm good question. Giving the characteristics of the two I'd have to give the edge to "Him". Tommy is too nice. In the real world Lance would have been buried after his screw ups and then whining. Tommy let him live far too long.

thugofliberty

I agree, I think that the best part about the thug from Liberty is that he was unable to talk- thus this gave more of a mysterious persona towards him- for instance- you would never really know who he was, which left alot of how you thought the guy was like up to you.  I mean, youde have to agree (even the people from  :r*: agree that when you meet your heroes from the movies, they usually dissapoint- PSM)  And in a fist fight, Ide have to agree that the guy from Liberty would win- I mean Tommy does have alot to come from, but lets not forget that Tommy is kinda chubby (come on) The guy from Liberty is totallyphysically fitted to be dangerous- everything about him tells you he can kill people.  As for that "he has more armor and health" comment- Im not gonna say anything....   :sui:

As for that "he has more armor and health" comment- Im not gonna say anything....   :sui:

Well in real life it's a person's physical condition, reflexes, and fighting skills that consider the outcome of a fist fight, not how "badass" he is. also if tommy wore his brass knuckles then "him" is basically a dead man. And let's not forgot the sh*tloads of fist fights Tommy has likely to got involved in during his 15 years in prison.

Ok, now I'm confused. Is this a discussion on who would win in a fist fight? or is it how "badass" and "tough" they are. Cause these two topics are completely different. If Mr. Peace Hippy had better fighting skills and physical condition than both Vercetti and "Him" then he could beat them in a fist fight, even though both are infinitely more "badass" and "tough" than Mr. Peace Hippy.

thugofliberty

Kudos, well put, that really does make alot of sense.  Im surprised you said that... most people dont talk about the REAL factors in a fight that normally happen but are almost ALL the time ignored!  For instance, a reflexes- and all of the other factors- you certainly shut me up- so I guess Im gonna say that this topic should be concluded as a tie- there will always be people who think that Mr. Vercetti and "Him" are tied... and so on.... so Ill stop by saying this has been a great find- but who WOULD really win THIS fight?  Mr.  Montana or Tommy Vercetti?  You dont need to post anything on this, I really doubt you can change anyones mind if theyre rooting for Montana.   :cool:   This was a really great topic everyone, thanks for posting. Kudos to everyone

Tenacious_Dude

Tommy couldn't win...he does pizza deliveries. I reckon tommy is a fag (look at his shirt), but fido, on th other hand, is meh homie g. Fido kicks way better than tommy. Tommy kicks like a girl. 'Nuff said

Tommy.  For one, "Him" runs slower than my grandma on cocaine.  Two, "Him" is like a slave, he just nods his head and walks away after he's told what to do.  Finally, being able to talk easier displays a better attitude.  Tommy wins.

Lance_Vance_Dance

Tommy actually takes control of the city and can actually call himself a bad ass becuase he did it all on his own, Fido on the other hand took errands and backstabbed everyone when he got the chance, that my friends is a cowardly act.

thugofliberty
Tommy actually takes control of the city and can actually call himself a bad ass becuase he did it all on his own, Fido on the other hand took errands and backstabbed everyone when he got the chance, that my friends is a cowardly act.

But technically, isnt this the same thing that Tommy did?  Only he was able to talk AND he needed help with it- from the OTHER traitor Lance Vance.

Tommy kicks ass. End of story.  :pp

The guy has a mansion, runs most of the big hotspots in town, has a huge-ass gang with better weapons than most other gangs, and is feared and respected by people that know him well.

As for Fido... he has no gangs. He's a "lone ranger". Hunted and hated by almost every single gang in Liberty, this guy has back-stabbed his way to being a deadman-to-be so many times over. And what does he do when he finally makes a good connection? He goes and kills the head hauncho! *And yes, I'm talking about the Yakuza.* At least Tommy could uphold an alliance & friendship with the Cortez.

:music:

Lance_Vance_Dance
But technically, isnt this the same thing that Tommy did?  Only he was able to talk AND he needed help with it- from the OTHER traitor Lance Vance.

He only killed Diaz because he was the one who ruined his drug deal and put him in the position to get the money back, Diaz didn't know he knew, so he thought of him as his friend and trusted him.

Diaz screwed both Tommy and Lance over, so their common denominator was to get rid of Diaz. Once that was done, Lance expected getting fair share of what Tommy was getting, but never did. *hence the few phonecalls from him later into the game.*

So, when Sonny came down to collect, Lance decided to take a stab at Tommy and get a slice of the cake on his own accord. Unfortunately it backfired, and Tommy kicked Lance's ass.

Lance was always cool tho. I thought it kinda sucked having to kick his ass.

Lance_Vance_Dance
Lance was always cool tho. I thought it kinda sucked having to kick his ass.

I agree because Lance made Vice fun with his funny remarks and everything, thats why i always use to have Lance's Dance Lives On!! under my name. He was my fave character in the game.

i thought he was allright until those phonecalls, they were prettymuch him crying. also, lance wasn't too bright (or "big")

"nice badge officer, nice badge"

tommy: bit tight around the crotch though

lance: uh, yeah yeah, me too

as was mentioed previously, he stuffed up tommy's plan earlier on and tommy was able to recover. i haven't beaten GTA III, but from what i saw "him" had no personality. he did what he was told- like a robot. Tommy at least was able to question what was going on.

thugofliberty

:devil: Hello again everyone, its been some time since Ive checked this discussion, and now, I have something very worthy to say (and hopefully for you guys to read).  First, off, I am saying this keeping in mind that these two gentle men are the main thugs of GTA games thus far- and that whoever wins, it doesnt matter because theyre both very equal.  But today, after almost 2 months of NOT playing GTAIII, I must say, that in the most non-biased statement as possible- "Thug from Liberty would kick the s*** out of Tommy Vercetti.".  I say this with utmost respect for Tommy- and I challenge any of you (in a friendly way ofcourse) to try and prove me wrong.  When I popped GTA3 back into play, I realized that its not only WHO the person is that makes them a thug, but its WHERE they are coming from.  I understand that Tommy is just straight from prison, but its in Florida... as in GTA3, thug is from Liberty City, now Im not saying that just because that Tommy is in Florida- then he wouldnt be able to be as bad ass as people from the 'big city'- I say this because we all know that Liberty is based in New York.  Then, I started to comnpare things... First off, Thug from Liberty has some very crisp and crunchy moves- seriously, he is very combat worthy and he can really fight... Im not saying Tommy cant, but, Ive noticed that sometimes, the "surround" fighting ability that Tommy has sometimes gets in the way of the real fighting... for example, Thug can REALLY kick the hell out of someone, hes fast, and he has some really good moves... on the other hand, Tommy is somewhat slow... and because  :r*: added the ability for him to really fight people coming from all sides- sometimes the attacks dont even hit- and sometimes, he attacks the people that are a bit farther from him than those who are closer and able to attack.  Also, I understand that R* tried to make the combat sounds more realistic- but I really liked the crunchy noises that GTA3 had.  Another thing is that- the walk that the two thugs have- okay, Ive talked with alot of people- they all thought that Ive turned sad or kinda queer because I was looking at the way that the thugs walk- but then I told them that it doesnt matter because R* focuses alot on syle and looks- so they all agreed that the guy from Liberty has the better walk- style and hits.  Give GTA3 some skimpy women, property to own, bikes... and Ide be playing it without giving Vice City a care (Im not saying that any of you would agree).  Now I know that this post will encourage ALOT of flames, but be reasonable, Ive said everything Ive said in a non-biased attitude, paid close attention to respect all of your oppinions, and basically am asking anyone if they think the same thing.  Anyone wanna challenge what Im trying to say?   :devil:

-Thanks everyone for posting on this topic again.... kudos

thugofliberty

I agree, I think that we need to give this guy from Liberty a name.  John Smith ofcourse is kinda a not-so-good name for Liberties bad ass.  So anyone have any ideas?  When we come up with it, we should ask a moderator to pin it so that people can actually have a name for him....  :pp   He looks like a Darren to me though... just because of those side burns and the hair cut.. anyone have any other ideas?  Dont make it sound too plain though, like Tom, or John.  Hehe  :pp

Well, first I'm gonna make a topic in the GTA3 forum and we'll vote on it. So anyone who has a name for him head over there now. C'mon I'll race ya! :happy:

polarman21236

Id put my money on Fido cus he seems to be holding back on everything. nothing seemed to hold back Fido. Fido is also a lot more fit looking. i think that Tommy is all talk and relies on his guns more.

I've noticed that we all have a different name for the 'GTA3 Guy'. Let's make up a name.

"John Smith"

John Doe is better. That way he can say he's on all the credit card commercials  :D

:beerhat:

just another thug

the gta3 guy, john smith, john doe whatever you call him would level tommy. the liberty city guy is so much better

user posted image