1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Dear r* (regarding overall female clothing choices)

Quinn_flower
  • Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Quinn_flower

• Commander S

• xDatxJunkyx

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's 2016 and you have yet add knee high boots with real black leggings not that crap u gave us. Went to log on today and saw my knee high outfit was patched.....smh. Like seriously maybe now based

Uh-oh! I had a feeling you'd be on the warpath very quickly!   All valid points, I think the problem now is they made the game clothes be shared between males/females so they could have similar item

This thread is about disappointing choice of clothing and customization in an open world sandbox game with both PvP and PvE activities, where you can create your own character. Maybe everyone should c

I want to pat R*'s head for doing good with the leather trousers but Christ on a cracker, alien suits?! Astronauts?! Bring back whoever implemented the catsuits and give them a promotion. 

Loving my new [email protected] tshirt though, a good way to swear at idiots without even saying anything. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Deimos-AFX said:

So you can't wear these pants with knee-highs without modding, which risks a ban?

Haven’t ever got banned and I’ve been using this outfit designer for about a year and a half now. This menu only has clothing options not any other stuff on there. Also no reports of people getting banned from this.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, GuiltySpark said:

Haven’t ever got banned and I’ve been using this outfit designer for about a year and a half now. This menu only has clothing options not any other stuff on there. Also no reports of people getting banned from this.

Yeah but anything that injects into the game risks a ban, sweet fx gets you banned, hell I think there was a time when discord and fraps got you banned.

Are you sure that it's 100% safe? And would you mind maybe posting the specific mod you use?

Fashion-wise, Arena Wars has again been quite an insult. They again have seemingly just grabbed whatever was left from some earlier shelved story mode expansion stuff, willy-nilly'd them into GTAO and just didn't bother to put any more significant aesthetic work into it. 

After Hours was cruel in that respect already, and releasing at least the glowing shoes now is basically an insult more. They look good on the sofa, but ridiculous on the dance floor ... because the char doesn't move the feet. Every NPC does hopping around, even Lazlow does. Only the highly sophisticated physique animations of the GTAO character base model is not "able" to pull it off.

Ok, so we got shoes that look good on the sofa...

And now, please go with me into the clothes store, to re-enact how R* finally killed my hopes. So, three days ago. I have just downloaded this DLC. First look of course goes onto the phone apps, check out the stores available there. New cars, ok, the military stuff is not my taste personally, but at least they put considerable work into it, visibly so.

Next thing is indeed I drive to the next clothing store around. Go to the main counter, check for complete outfits. Errrr, ok, the usual kiddies like it ugly stuff, space suits look decent. But that slight doubtful feeling already begins creeping up.

Ok, let's go to where it's at: The "Tops" department.

Oh, look, Arena Wars has even a whole category, now that's promising...

Ok, Apocalypse stuff first ... uh-huh. Yeah, not my taste, male-centered, again, too I see. ok...

Now, on to Future Shock, that will be more like .... T-SHIRTS? MORE F*CKING T-SHIRTS?!? REALLY, SIRS ????

And where ffs are the dresses the other NPCs keep parading in the Nightclub? R* really does this on purpose.

Ok, let's calm down, get the sweat off the forehead, focus. Light a candle, drink tea, hum the Sun Greeting Hymn from yoga class...

Surely there will be some nice pants ... Uh-oh  (ok, the new leather stuff at least looks fitting) 

Hats? Accessories?

No gloves to wear with the new outfits either. No gloves at all, in fact...

And thus I left the store, bound for inevitable further disappointment in tattoo and hairdress parlors.

I need some time to get over this, this time, and I've always been on the optimist side, mind.

2 hours ago, Deimos-AFX said:

So you can't wear these pants with knee-highs without modding, which risks a ban?

You could do the DM glitch, which is safe but extremely time consuming. But you first need to know what male pants translate to those female pants (usually they're not the same style), so it could take hours. Took me 4 days to find the Black Lens Gun Range Glasses with dark grey rims. DM glitch allows you to combine anything as long as you own the Red Stocking Mask given out in 2014.

Here two examples of the DM glitch, where I was able to wear the catsuit jackets with other pants:

32438980928_be52f2c32f_o.jpg

31372196117_6daf53c127_o.jpg

Edited by REXX
  • Like 6
On 12/11/2018 at 9:46 PM, Baltel said:

Time to move on and hope that RDO add some good clothes in the future

Don't, just don't. There's nothing good going to RDO in terms of clothing that may compensate how grindy and unrewarding the entire game is. That's just my advice, save your time. If you're from Aruba, enjoy the weather outside.

• Like 2
On 12/12/2018 at 3:31 PM, Coleco said:

Guess i'll just have to take my disposable income somewhere else.

That's the real question, where is this place. From all the games I've tried these months, the most satisfactory was... Doom 2016. Seriously, pure high-quality no BS gameplay polished like it should. Balance, level design, difficulty levels, everything. From the design point of view, this game is genial. Probably, I'll try some multiplayer later. All the new big titles are sh*t. Fallout 76 is not a disaster simulator, it's catastrophe itself. Battlefield V is pathetic game with agenda, COD was never my cup of tea.  So yeah, gaming in 2k18 is pathetic if you're not into battle royale, that makes me puke, especially Fortnite. Too old for this sh*t. Looks like I'll stick to Forza and play Doom occasionally.

Edited by hei3enberg
Just now, hei3enberg said:

So yeah, gaming in 2k18 is pathetic if you're not into battle royale, that makes me puke, especially Fortnite. Too old for this sh*t.

You and I both. 

Right now I'm into Forza Horizon 4 and The Sims 4. Guess i'm still projecting that need for driving personalized cars while satisfying my character customization and story arc needs in other ways.

Or maybe I have a thing for 4's.

I liked GTAIV after all

Even bowling is a preferable alternative to Communism Adversary Modes wafer-thin content updates

40 minutes ago, Hécate-II said:

The new Arena skinnies are compatible with the boots, but not the leather skinny pants(clipping).

2i7saox.jpg

SMFH. And all it is - is a simple bit of coding to remove the bottom part of the legs. They should have gone back and done that with all skin-tight pants.

I've been messing with the menu and its quite fun:

-Shoes number 23 are unreleased(some kind of heeled blue mary janes, I may later screen them)

-Duffel bag can't be saved it seems, I've a message on the top of my screen which appears when I get close to the outfit section and even in my Terrorbyte : "no green duffel bag for you scrub."

(The duffel can still be used for the duration of the session probably)

a9WNDZiNi0OpxwyZeBXOJQ_0_0.jpg

YJUxL51NakSokRV5IJi0KA_0_0.jpg

Edited by Hécate-II

Had a stupid thought earlier: it's been 18 months since R* added a new hairstyle (the two that came with Gunrunning), and you'd have to go back a further 8 for the previous lot (Bikers).

Likewise, dresses? Depends on your definition of "new": if you mean 'anything', then you're still looking at the flapper variants from Be My Valentine, back in ...February 20-friggin'-16. Yep, that's right: nearly three years ago. And in terms of new models/styles, both the original flapper dresses and the retro babydoll ones came out closer to half a DECADE ago, back in 2014 (February '14 for Valentine's Day Massacre, June '14 for I'm Not A Hipster).

But then, people have wanted new stuff at Benny's - instead of full custom variants with modular interiors/engines, we've had a watered-down version of that (in some nice cars, to be fair) at LSC, but Benny's itself has been gathering dust for the last two years. And folk wanting stuff like a Savanna lowrider, or wishing the Impaler came in a lowrider variant? Sucks to be them, because R* hasn't bothered adding new ones since the last dedicated Lowriders update, back in March '16. Benny's basically lasted on and off for barely a year (and more like six months, considering FAFF/Bikers/Cunning Stunts also came out in 2016, and didn't add any Benny-able vehicles).

I don't know what I find the more absurd: trying to look at the whole of GTAO in 2018 as a 'unified' (hah!) game, like this imbalanced, tonally-amorphous mess was ever meant to work together (:rol:), or watching as the more grounded, believable, 'world-building' side of what was a "living online world" gets ever-more neglected, in favour of adding the next marketable gimmick on top of a growing Jenga tower of increasingly-silly disposable gimmicks. Makes the weirdly incongruous tonal shifts of Mafia III's DLC expansions seem like the epitome of cohesive design by comparison...

Maybe they're using Detroit as a model, going for the whole 'crumbling infrastructure, neglected urban' thing.

You know, keepin' it real and edgy.

With all the style of a rodeo clown strung out on meth.  :/

Edited by kcole4001

I totally agree with all the things Commander S said. Lowriding, fashion sense, parties... these things and more are what made LA so famous, you are a criminal in this game but when you're not blasting fools then what does the city have to offer? What do you like from all the activities LA can offer? Do you like to jump high with the eses? Do you like to dance all night and wake up full of vomit later? Do you like to cruise in bikes around the city with your brothers?

So many possibiities in a city full of different cultures and personalities yet we keep getting more and more additions to what I like to call simply the war update. From a business perspective it's obvious why they don't add other stuff, however this doesn't take away the fact that Rockstar is currently a sellout, otherwise right now we would be playing INAH Part 3 or better Bikers and Nightclubs with sequels.

18 hours ago, Mel94 said:

Bring back whoever implemented the catsuits and give them a promotion.

:whistle:

• Like 4

Whatever happened to GTA being "the Jack of all trades"? When did this game become Saints of Fallnight: Re-elected?

Edited by HamwithCheese
  • Like 5
6 hours ago, HamwithCheese said:

Whatever happened to GTA being "the Jack of all trades"? When did this game become Saints of Fallnight: Re-elected?

Anyone else remember this? No lie: I wasn't interested in GTA V (lapsed GTA III fan, didn't like the look of the story), but this, as a concept, won me over immediately:

I remember reading things like that early Benzies preview interview, where the whole thing sounded like the most innovative-yet-logical direction for R*: taking one of their signature lavishly-rendered environments (which normally end up just as pretty, needlessly-expensive scenery for on-rails scripted story missions in single-player), and just letting players live in it. Made even more sense with GTA V, too - a more open, expansive setting compared to IV's Liberty City, but with a broader appeal than RDR's Old West.

There really was nothing else like it - and now, there ...just isn't. You can't really live in the warzone that is GTAO anymore (unless you stay in private sessions and settled for a game that'll never really expand beyond the sort of stuff that was doable in 2015), and RDO already looks like it doesn't want players to inhabit it. Current GTAO and RDO take the environments designed to feel like living, breathing places, and treat them like nothing more than playgrounds for people to run around and shoot at each other - that doesn't matter in something like PUBG or Fortnite (where the entire map is just a glorified laser tag/paintball arena, nothing more), but ...ugh, it's such a waste of what a persistent, open-ended R*-style experience could be (and, again, actually was, to begin with!). :/

Edited by Commander S
  • Like 6
Yellow Dog with Cone

So I guess R* is taking notes from Fortnite skins now?

Don't get me wrong, things like the Republican Space Rangers outfit are cool, but what does ha to do with a Mad Max/Twisted Metal/Death Race inspired update of all things?

Also, I still can't put a T-shirt under a biker jacket, so no Mad Max outfit for me, huh. I also can't put a Combat Shirt under a Combat Vest either.

BTW, the Epsilon robes are nice but they couldn't bother to match the color of the pants at least?

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

Don't get me wrong, things like the Republican Space Rangers outfit are cool, but what does ha to do with a Mad Max/Twisted Metal/Death Race inspired update of all things?

I reckon its a hint for the next update. Probably actual aliens and space (yeah, actual space) and wotnot. Completely farfetched, but I genuinely reckon its that.

• Like 1

Yeah this update is quite disappointing clothing wise. The only thing decent are the leather pants like others pointed out. Imo they make the butt look awkward though lol. We already have tons of bottoms with the same silhouette so meh

syShPme.jpg

On 12/14/2018 at 12:14 PM, REXX said:

You could do the DM glitch, which is safe but extremely time consuming. But you first need to know what male pants translate to those female pants (usually they're not the same style), so it could take hours. Took me 4 days to find the Black Lens Gun Range Glasses with dark grey rims. DM glitch allows you to combine anything as long as you own the Red Stocking Mask given out in 2014.

Here's a list I always use telling you which male clothing items translate into which female ones so you don't have to find out for yourself anymore haha: 

http://xtiffi.com/male-to-female/

On 12/14/2018 at 7:57 PM, Hécate-II said:

I've been messing with the menu and its quite fun:

-Shoes number 23 are unreleased(some kind of heeled blue mary janes, I may later screen them)

Is that for the christmas stuff of this year? I'm kind of hoping the stuff they add isn't that good, so I won't miss it after christmas lmao. Do show because now I'm curious

8 minutes ago, Toad-xd said:

Here's a list I always use telling you which male clothing items translate into which female ones so you don't have to find out for yourself anymore haha: 

http://xtiffi.com/male-to-female/

Not all components on the list translate correctly, which made me go into search mode, in other words, 4 days to find a pair of glasses :lol: eventually found them, but damn it was a pain!

A lot of items on that list are correct though.

14 hours ago, Toad-xd said:

Is that for the christmas stuff of this year? I'm kind of hoping the stuff they add isn't that good, so I won't miss it after christmas lmao. Do show because now I'm curious

No idea really, maybe. Here they are:

Have red soles like Louboutin

73nq5j.jpg

(yes, well, nothing special lol)

Edited by Hécate-II
  • Like 3
17 minutes ago, Hécate-II said:

No idea really, maybe. Here they are:

Have red soles like Louboutin

73nq5j.jpg

(yes, well, nothing special lol)

Are you sure those are new? They do look like the indipendence blue shoes, that also have red soles

Edited by Thehunteroftruth
14 minutes ago, Thehunteroftruth said:

Are you sure those are new? They do look like the indipendence blue shoes, that also have red soles

You may be right lol, but can you actually buy them?

2 minutes ago, Hécate-II said:

You may be right lol, but can you actually buy them?

Yes you could when they do become avaible during the indipendence week and they do stick in the shops and wardrobe once you do that

Is it me or is the texture quality of the clothing for AW really bad? Like really bad. The Mercenary Vest was appealing to me but most of it is a blurry texture. I had to go search a video of it on Youtube because I actually thought my game didn't update properly.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, GTAJJ said:

Is it me or is the texture quality of the clothing for AW really bad? Like really bad. The Mercenary Vest was appealing to me but most of it is a blurry texture. I had to go search a video of it on Youtube because I actually thought my game didn't update properly.

Oh, that's not new - the mercenary stuff is particularly grainy-looking, but the prints on things like sweaters have had terrible compression/quality issues since ...probably Lowriders, and they really went downhill by around the time of Import/Export.

Funnily enough, I was trying to remember what the crappy-looking Mad Max assets reminded me of - best I could think of was the rather lacklustre tie-in game to the (now-cancelled) TV show Defiance:

defiance.jpg

It's almost like R* just modded in the textures from a middling last-gen post-apocalyptic MMO-like (that came out half a year before GTAO, in fact), without doing anything to clean them up - except the problem is that older GTAO clothing textures used to be better than that!

And the kicker? Defiance got a last-gasp re-release earlier this year (which hasn't exactly wowed anyone) - but even that bothered to clean up the textures in an attempt to look half-decent on current-gen consoles:

defiance-1031x580.jpg

Meanwhile, we're already playing the current-gen enhanced version of GTAO, complete with improved textures - except ironically, that side of things took a nosedive at the very point when new updates stopped supporting last-gen consoles.

How on earth can you release stuff on PS3/Xbox 360 in 2014, and still have it look better than stuff released in late 2018 - particularly when you're a company with the money/resources/reputation of "Rockstar Games" - ?!?!? :dontgetit: