1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Dear r* (regarding overall female clothing choices)

Quinn_flower
  • Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Quinn_flower

• Commander S

• xDatxJunkyx

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's 2016 and you have yet add knee high boots with real black leggings not that crap u gave us. Went to log on today and saw my knee high outfit was patched.....smh. Like seriously maybe now based

Uh-oh! I had a feeling you'd be on the warpath very quickly!   All valid points, I think the problem now is they made the game clothes be shared between males/females so they could have similar item

This thread is about disappointing choice of clothing and customization in an open world sandbox game with both PvP and PvE activities, where you can create your own character. Maybe everyone should c

Not surprised atall that I'm right.

One of the new styles of pants is okay, nothing else really.

I actually sorta hoped they'd add some decent leather apperal with this being a mad max style update.

Some leather fingerless gloves (FINALLY) or some new high leather boots (that work with f*cking pants finally) 

Or even just some new leather jackets and pants that look alright, but nooope, we got space suits instead..... 

I was sure it'd be sh*t and somehow I'm still disappointed, I'm sick of letting this game do that to me.

The only thing I'm really interested in with this update is the modifiable bike and maaaybe the new guns (that seem to be dripfed content) 

Guess we'll have to wait until the next content update to maybe get something good, or more likely be disappointed again.

Hell even if they did an update where you run a fashion businuess I'm sure they'd add terrible looking military gear and reskins of previous stuff for the clothing.

• Like 4

I'm basically out at this point - again, they couldn't even get the 350Z right (no stock version - really, R*?), and if they didn't listen about fashion items for a nightclub update, I don't see them adding any with a gimmick thing like this.

At this point, I just want to see how things like Cyberpunk 2077 and Beyond Good and Evil 2 turn out (one looking very much like a futuristic first-person GTA, the other being a social ...space pirate captain game, apparently with extensive character customisation). I mean, this looks mind-blowing:

To be totally honest, even RDR2 single-player feels ...archaic in some respects - not sure whether that's because R* are too set in their ways, they've no financial incentive to shake things up, or because taking 6+ years to create a game means that it risks being built on an outdated foundation by the time it actually releases.

But yeah, R* is clearly making mad bank off this approach, so why should they cater to anyone beyond whoever's snapping up Weaponized Vehicle #1138 for several million GTAO $$$? We've asked - repeatedly - and either they aren't listening, or don't want to change course.

• Like 2

...oh, for f***'s sake - so this is an actual outfit added with the new update:

90d8CBz.jpg

I'd say it looks like something out of Saints Row IV - but that's doing Saints Row IV a disservice, considering I can still make something like this in that game (but not GTAO!):

ydLy9O8.png

They've even added a bunch of bleepy-bloopy novelty guns this time - but completely devoid of context. Saints Row IV was a Matrix-style simulation, and the whole thing was sold upfront as a cartoony meta-parody. How any of the recent update stuff fits into the same setting as GTA V is beyond me - said it too many times already this is basically R* treating the game in the same way as people modding Iron Man suits and driveable pianos into GTA IV back in the day.

This game is about competitive combat. Maybe everyone should consider the SIMs if they are looking for an extensive selection a clothing. 

User was banned for this post: consistent history of pointless provocative posts

Edited by RedDagger
22 minutes ago, Retroview1955 said:

This game is about competitive combat. Maybe everyone should consider the SIMs if they are looking for an extensive selection a clothing. 

This thread is about disappointing choice of clothing and customization in an open world sandbox game with both PvP and PvE activities, where you can create your own character. Maybe everyone should consider Call of Duty if they are looking for an online competitive combat. To hell with your pseudo argument.

45 minutes ago, Retroview1955 said:

With dominant strategies all over the place, mixed aim sessions, ability to kill yourself it's not. Battlefield is, PUBG is, even Call of duty is. 

16 minutes ago, hei3enberg said:

With dominant strategies all over the place, mixed aim sessions, ability to kill yourself it's not. Battlefield is, PUBG is, even Call of duty is. 

Not everybody plays like that. When someone easy ways out, I leave them there. If they pursue, I'll use a one shot kill method. Everyone is complaining about everything. 

Edited by Retroview1955
1 hour ago, Retroview1955 said:

The Edgelord hath spoken.

Aside a couple of nice t-shirts and maybe a Mad Max styled outfit (I just want the one but not sure as haven't had a close look yet). Thete's some zany sh*t in here, lol.

• Like 2

Where's the downvote button? 

Way to miss the mark of the topic bud.

Edit: Scratch that, way to miss the point of the entire game.

Edited by OCDee

I think I have no more expectations with the female clothes in gta online, at this point I only hope some new clothes glitches appear and we can use them for matching clothes in order to create new styles

I think I'm done waiting for a simple stupid cocktail dress :( but well..... Time to move on and hope that RDO add some good clothes in the future

• Like 7

Gtfo. 

Im In Disney am I missing anything? 

Three things:

1. This game has pajamas, hot tubs, luxury jets where you can sip champagne, and whole bunch of other features that aren't even really game mechanics, let alone just "competitive combat".

2. How is driving/racing "combat"? How is a heist or contact mission "competitive"? Maybe you're thinking of Overwatch, or PUBG, or something...

3. The game's had extensive outfit options from the start - in-depth outfit choices have been in the game since San Andreas (nearly 15 years ago). And R* still adds dozens upon dozens of things each update - the problem is that they're adding bullsh*t.

If anything, what people here want is more stuff that fits the setting and world of GTA V/Online - stuff like you'd see in the real world, basically. Dunno how asking for some more tops/bottoms/shoes/dresses/hairstyles is some weird thing to ask for GTAO, but alien costumes and power armour are perfectly fine... :dontgetit:

...but eh, whatever - I'm sure I'll get the same "go play the Sims" response when Red Dead Online gets lightsabers, and I suggest a Colt Dragoon would be a better fit... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 hours ago, Retroview1955 said:

Just makes me smile at how you miss so much of the point in GTA really.

I mean, please. Try to explain the other thousand or so items of clothing that comes with each DLC bubbo.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Retroview1955 said:

I disagree. Clothes in GTA have been essential ever since the 3D era begun. GTA Online is a Sandbox Game, players are free to do whatever they please with the provided content.

If the game is about competitive combat, why did they bother making Beach Bum, I'm Not a Hipster, IGG and a few others, which focused heavily on new clothing?

The game is whatever you make it, within its limits.

Banned them - please disperse, nothing to see here...

• Like 10

This IS the clothes thread, after all!

So anything new (not arena/alien/racing suit related)?

Just got home from work.

Edited by kcole4001
  • Like 2

Ah, colour me unsurprised.

Same old schlock with this latest update. Bit by bit they're watering down the GTA experience into a mediocre mush of utterly generic PvP experiences - all of which can be seen to be executed far better in other games with greater focus and context. I find the whole thing so tired and boring now, so I'm (reluctantly) moving on to other games.

Such a shame - I've held R* in high regard since the early 2000s but I just don't feel at all excited about their output anymore.

Guess i'll just have to take my disposable income somewhere else.

• Like 6

I must say I really like the new white skinny pants. (still cannot be worn with thigh boots 😐), the rest is pretty garbage as usual, 100 new t-shirts, 100 new alien...etc(****long bunker rant censored****)

qpkxau.jpg

17 hours ago, Hécate-II said:

I must say I really like the new white skinny pants. (still cannot be worn with thigh boots 😐), the rest is pretty garbage as usual, 100 new t-shirts, 100 new alien...etc(****long bunker rant censored****)

Nice!

I missed those, gotta get me some!  🙂

We really should be able to combine items any way we want.

Even the peds have more variety of stuff to wear.

• Like 5

I'm tryin' to work my magic... glitching shoes onto those pants. No luck so far :/

Edited by REXX
I'm not doing the DM glitch as I have better things to spend 26 minutes on 🤣
  • Like 3

Well colour me somewhat satisfied that some of the new pants have sort of wallet chains and "proper" belts. Could my graphical settings or a glitch, but some of the chains looked.. purple.

Just a shame they're not actually models made for a woman's body.

It's like they saw my post and went..

"Yup, we can do that."

Got half way and was like

"So, Sam, Dan, this is the new trousers available for GTAO. Male model done, shal we get started on the female one?"

"Nah, it's no problem. Just port them over and monetize the sh*t out of it."

It'll do as a compromise, just happy I got more trousers with pockets and proper belts this time.

Which brings into mind they should still add it as a misc. option for all trousers that doesn't have it.

Edited by OCDee
  • Like 3

Gee...I wish OUR characters can have a shirt like the one she has...but noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... 

Just bring on the next installment, at least things by then would marginally improve. 

• Like 3

https://imgur.com/a/wlQyOZV

Looks good, just need pure black now. On pants r* did quite a good job. To get the boots with pants though you need outfit editor only on pc sadly. Also tried to recreate the outfit on artwork above but it seems like the helmet and jacket isn't in game...

Edited by GuiltySpark
2 hours ago, GuiltySpark said:

https://imgur.com/a/wlQyOZV

Looks good, just need pure black now. On pants r* did quite a good job. To get the boots with pants though you need outfit editor only on pc sadly. Also tried to recreate the outfit on artwork above but it seems like the helmet and jacket isn't in game...

So you can't wear these pants with knee-highs without modding, which risks a ban?