1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Dear r* (regarding overall female clothing choices)

Quinn_flower
  • Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Quinn_flower

• Commander S

• xDatxJunkyx

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's 2016 and you have yet add knee high boots with real black leggings not that crap u gave us. Went to log on today and saw my knee high outfit was patched.....smh. Like seriously maybe now based

Uh-oh! I had a feeling you'd be on the warpath very quickly!   All valid points, I think the problem now is they made the game clothes be shared between males/females so they could have similar item

This thread is about disappointing choice of clothing and customization in an open world sandbox game with both PvP and PvE activities, where you can create your own character. Maybe everyone should c

Whoa, this thread disappeared from the radar for a while, glad to see it back. We have a mission here.

Already posted this picture in our beloved B&M thread some time ago, but forgot to show it here, where after all, should have belonged from the very beginning.

ZlhGYdl.jpg

Look, I'm a very calm person. Sarcastic, cynical and smart-ass, yes, but overall emotions never take the best of me. In this case, however, I'm seriously pissed off, because there's no excuse for it.

I can understand limited choice of new clothing items and R*'s reliance of retextures. It's something we should openly criticize them for, and keep fighting for actually new, diverse items, but having more patterns on familiar clothes would be nice as well, since GTA Online doesn't allow you to choose any color and texture on anything you want, like in The Sims 3, for example. I'd welcome these old leather and jeans jackets, as well as dresses having more variants.

But look at this bloody mess. This is just shameful and inexcusable. These sleeves drive me nuts, and the moment I saw how this jacket looks from behind, I instantly regretted buying it. And the sad thing is, they never will be fixed, I'm practically certain of it, since there's way more problems that R* never bothered doing anything with. If they're so lazy, why won't they just retexture old items, you know, ones hat are at least properly scaled?!

Just look at this and tell me how could have anyone greenlight this? That's how giving R* a chance at this point ends. Yeah, here you go, enjoy the jacket, if it had any bigger sleeves, it could serve as a damn wing suit or a power armor. There are some limits, guys. I'm all for having a choice to buy baggy clothes, even if I'm personally not interested in them. Not everything has to be slim-fit. But this is too much. It'd look painfully oversized on a male character.

• Like 5

Decided last night to play some missions in a closed friends session with my red panties glitch outfit. Wish R* would give us the red panties by themselves as a stand alone clothing item. They show off my girl's butt but the weird shading and coloring of the legs and liposuction to her inner thighs looks bizarre. A selection of smaller thongs would be nice too.

As much as GTAO feels like it's been in a downward spiral since Ill-Gotten Gains, at least there's some promising news about RDR2, regarding fashion and character customisation:

- Female characters are confirmed for RDO - not joking when I say I wouldn't have been surprised if they hadn't bothered, considering the perfunctory copy-paste approach to female character clothing assets in GTAO. :rol:

- RDR2 has outfit customisation more like GTA V/O than RDR - so instead of John Marston's all-in-one outfits, Arthur Morgan (and presumably RDO characters) will be able to mix and match things like jackets, hats, shirts, trousers, boots, etc.

- There's even more granular customisation than that, and more like the sort of things Quinn and OCDee have brought up: Arthur can choose to have shirts loose or tucked, and the same with trousers into boots (yes, you read that correctly!). You can also add accessories, like spurs on boots - so in both cases, R*'s implemented a more realistic system, free of the current limitations of GTA.

- They've even brought back GTA SA-style body type alteration - as in, Arthur can over-eat and put on weight, just like CJ in San Andreas. That's a first for the RAGE-built games - and the implications for RDO are interesting, because that might well mean more room to modify build and physique for custom characters, using the same system. We'll see, I guess.

...all that said, it's a shame that it'll require jumping to an all-new game in an older, more restrictive time period (without modern fashions, vehicles, technology, etc.) just to get better character customisation options - that, or wait however many more years until GTA VI. And even then, are they going to bother with that kind of realism for 'GTAO 2.0', or just save it for single-player, and jump straight to the combat gear and gimmick vehicles for Online - ? :/

On 9/21/2018 at 3:27 AM, Happy Hunter said:

Give Quinn and everyone what they want. They waited long enough.

Add that into the other 500 posts saying the samething!

'Least Red Dead is coming, but like Commander said, were stuck to old fashion. 

Here's hoping native outfits come as a DLC or something.

• Like 1
On 9/22/2018 at 9:32 PM, xDatxJunkyx said:

Add that into the other 500 posts saying the samething!

'Least Red Dead is coming, but like Commander said, were stuck to old fashion. 

Here's hoping native outfits come as a DLC or something.

Personally, DLC would be a bit ...iffy - better to have some in at launch, because it'd be weird for RDO to not have options for native American characters, both in terms of character creation and outfit customisation. And it'd be good for them to get the specificity right, too - it'd be more than a bit rum for R* to do incredibly authentic recreations of specific real-life steam locomotives, but then treat all Native peoples as interchangeable and say 'job done'...

In general, I'm really hoping that R* makes full use of the setting and period - if nothing else, Saint Denis (New Orleans) as a vibrant trading city would mean people coming in from outside the US, stuff more like Victorian fashion, and not just 'rugged outlaw stereotypes' as far as the eye can see. Or at the bare minimum, give players options similar to the gang members in single-player - look at the variety of things worn by Sadie, Abigail, Tilly, Molly, etc., for instance. It'd suck if R* did the same as they've been doing with GTAO for the last few years, and just give RDO players copy-pasted unisex stuff designed for the most bland-looking male character imaginable. :sigh:

Something that popped into my head with the whole 'Arthur can gain/lose weight, just like in San Andreas' thing - said it above, but it'd be interesting to have some of that kind of control in Online. Maybe R* won't have that literal feature for RDO characters, but ...if they've finally cracked being able to have RAGE-quality realistic character models and San Andreas/Saints Row body types and 'stretchy' clothes, perhaps that means we can actually have different builds for Online characters, rather than the two fixed body models in GTAO.

• Like 1

Ah yes, St. Denis...basically a rendition of New Orleans...I wonder how this'll go about. I wonder how clothing would work in terms of practicality. 

Spoiler

Image result for 1899 fashion

I'd imagine Corsets, without a blouse, would be plausible as well. Blouses and skirts...what else. ^^^^^^^^^^^^6 These seem like something, but I'm just trying to imagine clipping and horse issues and what not. 

Did women wear pants on the regular back then? Sadie does. Pants are a given, but was it in real life 'acceptable'? 

EDIT: Bloomers and Knickerbockers were also popular! 

Edited by xDatxJunkyx
35 minutes ago, xDatxJunkyx said:

Ah yes, St. Denis...basically a rendition of New Orleans...I wonder how this'll go about. I wonder how clothing would work in terms of practicality. 

I'd imagine Corsets, without a blouse, would be plausible as well. Blouses and skirts...what else. ^^^^^^^^^^^^6 These seem like something, but I'm just trying to imagine clipping and horse issues and what not. 

Did women wear pants on the regular back then? Sadie does. Pants are a given, but was it in real life 'acceptable'? 

EDIT: Bloomers and Knickerbockers were also popular! 

One thing's for sure: in addition to proper hair physics this time around, R* seems to have made some impressive leaps in terms of draping (as in, how clothing hangs).

For example, I'm almost certain this is Sadie in the middle - and instead of doing that awkward thing where long skirts just 'bend' and clip (try riding a motorcycle in GTAO while wearing something like one of the INAH babydoll dresses, for example! :turn:), they've actually got the skirt draping around the saddle in a realistic way:

702a8b7134672988b55a92275cc13093.jpg

Same with Arthur and the long blue coat you see in some screenshots:

RDR2_Screenshot-085.jpg

See how it parts realistically when he's on horseback, instead of just clipping through the saddle/his legs/the horse:

11-full.jpg

...to be honest, I'd have been fine with a bit of easily-ignored clipping, but if R*'s figured out how to pull off something more realistic, I'm not complaining! ;) If that sort of thing carries over into RDO, that theoretically opens up a lot of possibilities.

• Like 2

In single player, your clothes would ripple in the wind whilst riding a bike. Even today, online clothing hasn't shown an improvement in terms of "immersion". 

• Like 2

Yeah, but even with single-player GTA V, it's pretty rudimentary - same with the hair physics on certain characters in single-player. I've seen Franklin's jacket ripple in the wind on bikes, but it doesn't part when he sits down, doesn't blow open due to a realistic physics simulation, etc. - it's more just a simple effect to give an extra touch of realism.

Meanwhile, we already know that there's a proper hair physics engine for RDR2, so no more 'ponytails point straight at your feet, even when you're falling head-first off a cliff' - and it looks like there's something similar going on with clothing physics, too. Main thing is to see how much of that carries over to RDO - all signs point to Ornatrix being used for Online hairdos, too (the few example pics we've seen show full beards and the like, for example), but we've not seen the full scope of character creation and outfit options/physics so far.

(really could use some RDO gameplay footage soon - if we get some, say, tomorrow, that'd be about be about right, compared to the gap between the GTAO trailer and GTA V being released)

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
the J is for Julia

I went diving last night and I noticed that they finally fixed the female wetsuit. It’s no longer a male torso. Haha when did that happen?

Edit: Pic

w8BxenW.jpg

Edited by the J is for Julia
16 hours ago, the J is for Julia said:

I went diving last night and I noticed that they finally fixed the female wetsuit. It’s no longer a male torso. Haha when did that happen?

I can indeed confirm this. Female scubasuits have been adjusted. Though still way oversized, they have adjusted the chest area and waist.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, ghostsoap01 said:

Speaking of scuba suits, does anyone know of any exploits to get the scuba pants with other tops and shoes? Cuz they are thicc af.

The only possible way at the moment (aside from modding) is with the Director Mode glitch. Below is shot of my female character wearing a bikini with the scuba gear.

44759730182_bb25f8c74d_o.jpg

The scuba gear is triggered by the shoes, so as long as your outfit has the shoes, the gear (and flippers) will equip when swimming.

• Like 9
  • 1 month later...

So what's been happening around here on this front? Or could I easily guess, I wonder... :lol:

Seeing some of the PC mods on here makes me think this is the way to go - great stuff guys. With this in mind, I got GTAV for PC on Black Friday for future opportunities for modding and videos.

Not that I have any free time these days of course

• Like 2

Meanwhile, I've been looking at Red Dead Online (vicariously, for now - still waiting on my new Xbone X to arrive), and ...it's the same old same-old - baffling omissions in hairstyles, no single-piece dresses, single-player clothing physics haven't been carried over into Online, and most clothing looks tatty and dirty, which screws over anyone wanting to look vaguely presentable. :facedesk:

At this point, I just want any other developer/publisher to try to come up with a GTAO-style alternative - Insomniac could probably pull it off, as could Ubisoft (depending on which Ubi studio got the job - Québec has a solid track record, but they're strictly on Assassin's Creed). I'm still hoping that Beslie Lenzie's "Everywhere/Time for a New World" thing isn't going to wind up as an apocryphal footnote in videogame history - but in any case, I'm starting to give up on R*'s Online spin-offs entirely, because they apparently just don't get it...

Or maybe we'll see, and the RDO equivalent to the Business Update or whatever will fill in the gaps. And maybe I'll say that without rolling my eyes, because "maybe they'll add ____ later" is something we've all been saying about GTAO for years, and ....welp. :turn:

Yellow Dog with Cone
On 9/14/2018 at 2:05 PM, HamwithCheese said:

^ Literally 70% of GTA online community: *heavy breathing*

To be fair, even when R* has been catered to the tacticool crowd lately, they haven't made a good job either clothing wise.

I mean, we can't use a Combat Vest with a Combat Shirt, there's so many clothing items with missing camo patterns (for an example, Gorka suits and Flight Suiys are only available in like three camo patterns and some random color combos), the CEO vests are still not available to buy, no Parachute Bags in the new camo patterns, there's no new glasses and not even something as simple as dogtags, etc.

Unless you go all black, it's hard to look decent with a military look in this game, which is highly ironic given the circumstances.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

Unless you go all black, it's hard to look decent with a military look in this game,

If only even that could be said about any possibilities to mix together civilian clothes for female characters 🙄 (mostly in desperate attempts to cobble together anything dress-like from tops&pants, as opposed to what they offer as dresses)

This is nothing new, I know.👍

It's just baffling ... does laziness or incompetence even suffice any more to explain the mind-boggling amount of flawed clothing designs R* is releasing?

I'm not a conspirationist, 👼 yet I have mused for a while now that R* has in cases actually been going great lengths to make the different fashion articles mismatching; they e.g. even use different camo- or leopard patterns, while usually they copy/paste everything! And how can one mess up Black? Even White 🤔

And the scuba suit? Just slapping the scuba stuff on the catsuit would have even been less effort for a very much more enjoyable outcome, wouldn't it?

Maybe they do want to make things look ugly, because a large player base seems to enjoy the ugliness, too. I never got what kind of thinking is that, it's like "Hey, I can make this world look even more miserable than where I'm living - BAM! here's the umpteenth rebreather zombie in a fully-chromed Kuruma"; that's the idea?

All we want is nice clothes :( 

(That's the difference between us "sims-players" and them: We like to dream things bigger, they like to make things smaller, than they are)

Edited by Guest
On 11/28/2018 at 4:28 PM, Commander S said:

Meanwhile, I've been looking at Red Dead Online (vicariously, for now - still waiting on my new Xbone X to arrive), and ...it's the same old same-old - baffling omissions in hairstyles, no single-piece dresses, single-player clothing physics haven't b

As soon as my cousin gets the game for me tommorow (LateBirthdayGift), I'm gonna go for Daisy Fitzroy from Bioshock.  I see all the components to make it, knee high lace ups, a bandana..although the hair isn't the greatest. Well, I'm satisfied with what I see. 

From what I'm looking at...it won't be hard to make a decent African American character. Especially with the..."afro pigtails"  

You can connect the blouse and skirts right? I see a nice longsleeved white blouse and I'm sure they have black skirts too. Unfortunate they didn't add chokers:

All in all, I say it looks somehwhat better than GTA 5's customization. However looking at youtube, the general consensus is that they are ugly. 

Spoiler

Image result for victorian choker

Spoiler

Image result for daisy fitzroy

Edited by xDatxJunkyx
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Deimos-AFX said:

Oh yay, a new update is coming out with tons of weaponized vehicles...

I bet the clothing line-up will be utter sh*t.

Not even the good type either. Like, helicopters or stuff like that. Just goofy stuff.

I usually try not to write stuff off too quick these days - but this one looks so meh, it doesn't even annoy me or really get anything out of me. I don't even remember what it was called now. I don't think I'll play it, not unless something better comes along. Red dead's still reasonably fresh and a lot more entertaining to me than whatever this is.

Give quinn clothes rockstar.

Far as I'm concerned, the only "good" type of armed vehicles in a crime-based game are the ones owned by the military, that players can only borrow sometimes (ah, for the days of the 3D-era games... :sigh:).

No hairstyles this time, apparently - a few nice-looking stock muscle things, at least, although I've not got high hopes for the Nissan (which seems to come armoured by default - FFS...). Clothing looks like yet more reskins of racing suits, because of course.

Meanwhile, I'm playing Forza Horizon 4, and not only does it have nicer vehicles/customisation, but you can buy houses (and ...Edinburgh Castle - which is still not as daft as GTAO, though!), and the character customisation is basically 'what if the same limitations as GTAO, but at least with nicer assets, a bit more variety, and no gimmicks - ?'. All it'd need now is the ability to get out and walk around...

Again, between the current state of GTAO, and how RDO seems to be hitting the ground running with the same fundamental approach (compared to early GTAO), I'm tempted to just call time on R* ever doing anything interesting with their online modes. Rather than expanding the possibilities of the single-player world, with a dynamic social ecosystem, it just feels like they're doing the most simplistic 'dog-eat-dog' gameplay modes one could bolt together from the standard R* game mechanic library, with no real long-term goal other than 'a delivery system for new Monetized™ Content™'.