1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Dear r* (regarding overall female clothing choices)

Quinn_flower
  • Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Quinn_flower

• Commander S

• xDatxJunkyx

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's 2016 and you have yet add knee high boots with real black leggings not that crap u gave us. Went to log on today and saw my knee high outfit was patched.....smh. Like seriously maybe now based

Uh-oh! I had a feeling you'd be on the warpath very quickly!   All valid points, I think the problem now is they made the game clothes be shared between males/females so they could have similar item

This thread is about disappointing choice of clothing and customization in an open world sandbox game with both PvP and PvE activities, where you can create your own character. Maybe everyone should c

6 minutes ago, ShimmerDoll said:

just to show that they still care about their cars of course

especially after that jester classic fiasco which if coincidentally came out on time two months ago like it was supposed to, the swinger would literally be the only actual new car in this update on day one LOL

so of course they had to get every detail of it right ;)

Edited by Rafae
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, ShimmerDoll said:

...I'll give them a pass on that: vehicle artists and character artists are different teams with different skill-sets, and the two very rarely cross over.

(you do get some crossover between vehicle and environmental work - one of the guys who did cars for Max Payne 3 and Midnight Club L.A. did buildings and such for RDR and GTA V)

Indeed, character stuff in this update mostly sucks all round - the DJs seem to just use slightly tweaked GTAO player character clothing, as does even Lazlow this time (they didn't even bother recycling his single-player model - that's a GTAO character hairdo/jacket/etc. instead! :dontgetit:).

I don't know if the character artists are just interns or something, being told to "recolour this, slap something together out of that preexisting thing, etc." or what, but ...wow, is this side of the game right at the bottom of the priorities tree... :blink:

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Rafae said:

just to show that they still care about their cars of course

especially after that jester classic fiasco which if coincidentally came out on time two months ago like it was supposed to, the swinger would literally be the only actual new car in this update on day one LOL

so of course they had to get every detail of it right ;)

...except the odd front proportions, the bare-bones interior, the paper-thin greenhouse, etc. - whoever did the Stafford clearly knocked that one out of the park, though. Although same problem there, too - like with the Ellie (another solid model/design), there's a real lack of customisation for the Stafford - as in, you can just change the wheels, and respray it. That's literally all you can do (and apply some decals). :turn:

Most of the effort vehicle-wise went on the f***ing Terrorbyte and drones, by the looks of it - the A-10 turned out nicely, too, although that could easily just be something they held back from Smuggler's Run, for later use (I suspect the same about the Akula and Volatol, too). It's impossible to tell with R* what got made when...

Beyond that, though, most of the remaining vehicles are variants on existing things (Mule, Pounder, Patriot, Oppressor, Speedo), or blocky, cheap-looking things (Menacer, etc.), or cheap, bare-bones things (Scramjet, and IMO, the Swinger). Or one DDH-quality classic car, but with zero body mods - because I guess the choice was 'spend time on modifications' or 'spend that same time just making a good-quality model'.

..oh, and they're selling existing cars as 'new', just by shoving some decals on them. And ironically, that minimum-effort move still accounts for one of the highlights of this update, IMO! :sigh:

Again, I'm genuinely worried at this point - how on earth do you tell a monolithic company with piss-poor communication with the players that they need to stop with the reskins, stop with 'quantity over quality' for vehicles, and just put out something more like I'm Not A Hipster - ? Half a dozen nice, normal cars with good models and modifications, some all-new clothes and hairstyles, and that'd do - we don't need more gimmicks beyond that.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Commander S said:

Again, I'm genuinely worried at this point - how on earth do you tell a monolithic company with piss-poor communication with the players that they need to stop with the reskins, stop with 'quantity over quality' for vehicles, and just put out something more like I'm Not A Hipster - ? Half a dozen nice, normal cars with good models and modifications, some all-new clothes and hairstyles, and that'd do - we don't need more gimmicks beyond that.

simple, you don't

they're smart enough to know casuals will eat this up and they'll still make money off low effort garbage like this so why bother making meaningful updates anymore? especially with rdr2 just around the corner. all I'm expecting from GTAO going forward is low effort content and nothing of real substance anymore. doomsday was the last update that had any of it and at this point im convinced it'll stay that way.

also 95% sure the reason drip feeding reached new levels of low with this update is because of rdr2 and the fact that they can't put out a fall update like they usually do because of it so they decided to drip feed an entire update behind tunables instead and give us a half assed one on day one  :/

At this point I dont feel they give a crap sadly. It seems all the real talent is assigned to rdr2. Like spider-vice(or one of the other mods) said the other day that its time to just let gta5 die a respectful death already, and move on to gta6. But greed keeps T2 pushing C* into churning out sharkcard bait, that feels piss poor quality wise. The nightclubs were a good addition, but everything else felt intern quality (with the exceptions of a few diamonds in the rough). And then theres the biggest disappointment imo.....The "Advanced Flags" garbage still being a thing.

Edited by RetroStyle
remembered which mod....hopefully.
  • Like 2

it's like they give us renowned hope with their December updates but then go back to their usual selves the rest of the year smh. it's been like that for almost two years now.

if this update came after smuggler's run i wouldn't even be all that surprised. but to follow up doomsday with this is a righteous slap in the face.

I don't even count the spring content as updates.

Edited by Rafae
  • Like 2

Well, yeah - said it a million times, but when almost everything is a hyper-modern luxury concept car or sci-fi deathmobile, and they cost a bajillion dollars each, and then players spend a bajillion dollars on each of those vehicles (because otherwise "no new content for you!"), then R* is going to look at their in-game stat-tracking, see people spending the mandatory bajillions on the only things R* ever bother adding, and think "wow, that stuff sure is popular - better add EVEN MORE of it"... :sui:

Meanwhile, you can only buy a dress once, and there are only two styles in the game - and not all characters can wear them, and they don't have price tags in the millions of dollars, either. So even if every player started a female character, and bought every babydoll/flapper dress available, that still wouldn't be enough to make a blip on their radar. After all, how can you 'vote with your wallet' for stuff that barely exists, if at all? :/

15 minutes ago, Rafae said:

it's like they give us regained hope with their December updates but then go back to their usual selves the rest of the year smh. it's been like that for almost two years now.

if this update came after smuggler's run i wouldn't even be all that surprised. but to follow up doomsday with this is a righteous slap in the face.

I don't even count the spring content as updates.

See, aside from a bunch of nice cars (which were most likely meant for the cancelled Hipster 2 update), Doomsday Heist was just more of the same for me - after all, even Gunrunning had some perfectly nice instanced missions, too (I prefer most of the mobile operations to the DDH setups, in fact - things like the Agent 14 and ULP ones are garbage, IMO).

Sh*tloads of over-the-top weaponised/military stuff that has no place dominating GTAO updates, sci-fi wackiness that stomps all over any semblance of verisimilitude the game once had, another redundant Bond villain property that NPCs will nag at you constantly to buy, etc. plus the usual 'no f*cks given' approach to clothing - ? We've had FOUR of those, now (Gunrunning, Smuggler's Run, Doomsday Heist, and now After Hours), plus a 'prototype' in the form of Import/Export.

Maybe any attempt at change is pointless, then - because yeah, it really does feel like no matter what anyone says or does, R* North is committed to this current direction, and has been (unswervingly) for ages, now.

• Like 3

doomsday added all that wacky stuff but at least it was a meaty content update and added significant hours of gameplay to the game.

after hours didn't do any of that nor did it come half as or even anywhere close to the amount of content DDH gave us.

not to mention the huge variety of cars DD gave us, a new radio station that wasn't f*cking drip fed and a huge amount of pve action with a story behind it. it was the perfect counterpiece (well not perfect but eh lol) to gunrunning and smuggler's run.

Edited by Rafae
  • Like 3

Eh, Doomsday Heist ended up just being 'four nice cars' for me (maybe five, if I end up doing something with the Yosemite - currently have the Hermes, Hustler, 190z and GT500). ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Certain bits are enjoyable enough to play - but even so, as much as I like playing the Stromberg setup (which is really hard to do regularly, since my only option is to hit Quick Job and hope I get lucky - and no, I don't own a facility! :p), there's this nagging feeling in my head that 'this is wrong - this shouldn't be in the game'... :/

• Like 2

Thought i would show you guys my progress. Pretty happy with how it turned out. The R* base model is really poorly made. They are barely adjusted to the female body so i had to do it myself. I know the textures could be better but i'll see what i can do in the future.

Spoiler

cyr3fRp.jpg

utE9j7B.jpg

rHRqtWf.jpg

22 minutes ago, -CREATIONS- said:

Thought i would show you guys my progress. Pretty happy with how it turned out. The R* base model is really poorly made. They are barely adjusted to the female body so i had to do it myself. I know the textures could be better but i'll see what i can do in the future.

Hide contents

cyr3fRp.jpg

utE9j7B.jpg

rHRqtWf.jpg

Great job! I want!

• Like 2

I was so close to getting over this updates clothing, but they had to add this with tale of us..

She also wears great boots which I always wanted in the game. x.x

a5d38b367685b06cb4e73dd09a43eaae.jpg

• Like 1
On 7/28/2018 at 9:24 PM, -CREATIONS- said:

The R* base model is really poorly made.

Par for the course in game production across many studios, it seems. The wireframe bodysuits look like a texture variant of a 3D mesh and if that's the case, the edge flow in places is a little dodgy.

Great job on the mods! :)

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Pvt.McKain said:

I was so close to getting over this updates clothing, but they had to add this with tale of us..

She also wears great boots which I always wanted in the game. x.x

Same with the club patrons - there's a bunch of neat hairdos and stuff in there, plus dresses that look like the ones hanging up in apartment wardrobes...

...I say apartment wardrobes, because apparently R*'s noticed - and instead of adding those kinds of clothes for players to wear, they've ...just avoided putting anything conspicuously 'traditionally feminine' (dresses, heels, etc.) in facility/nightclub wardrobes. :sigh:

• Like 2

Did you do the tale of us mission and see that backpack one of them wore?

Hahhahahahahahaha...boy...Are we being mocked? How and why did this turn out the way itdid...the theme was 'bulletproof'.

...oh, good grief - just saw this in the Female Character Hairstyle Elimination Game thread, and this is the difference in asset quality between something that came with the game at launch, and one of the most recent hairstyles (from Gunrunning last June):

17 minutes ago, Maxx1013 said:

oG1viwx.jpg

rBhysC0.jpg

:/

Looks like the same problems with clothing assets are also true of hairstyles - not only are they right down the bottom of the priorities list, but when they do get added, you get low-poly stuff with naff textures. Just look at the straight line edges and hard angles - what the?? :wtf:

At least RDR2 looks like another leap ahead of GTA V - and again, that new hair physics engine really does look spiffy:

red_dead_3__nombre_temporal_-4030573.jpg

If they keep using Ornatrix (or switch to something better) for GTA VI, then at least duff hairstyles are going to be a non-issue, because proper hair physics means long hair is no longer off the table.

But ...ugh, the character art team still working on GTAO is clearly asleep at the wheel. :/  The vehicle peeps aren't this bad - on the whole, new vehicles have only been getting better (and the weak links are apparently old WIP assets polished up and turned into 'new' DLC content - although that's admittedly not 100% confirmed). Look at the Stafford and the Ellie, for example.

Meanwhile, it continues to frustrate me that character hair/clothing being added to the game now looks more like stuff from GTA IV, considering texture and asset quality doesn't live up to the standards of ...launch-era GTAO back on last-gen consoles. :turn:

@Deimos-AFX: same. I'm going to keep hammering away at R* for things to get better, but it's such an uphill struggle... And like I say, it's just so frustrating and saddening that it's the one area where R* North clearly aren't all that bothered, because most other things have shown a gradual improvement, on the whole.

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, xDatxJunkyx said:

@Commander S How do you think RDR2O is going to be like for character customization? Good? 

Remember what you and I talked about when it came to"set" outfits" ...I hope tthey dont take that rout.

I just hope they show some gameplay footage soon - and either include some online footage in there too, or some screenshots, at least. We've seen nothing of RDR2 in action at this point (other than admittedly-impressive in-engine trailers), and I'm assuming R* isn't so scummy as to end a pre-order bonus before letting players see what they're pre-ordering sight-unseen... :harrumph:

I don't know about character customisation - it looks like the hair physics engine is also in online, considering they've shown (tiny) pics of supposedly online characters with full facial hair (not just 'paint', like GTAO!) and (short) ponytails. No idea if outfits are all-in-one pieces (like RDR, Mafia II/III, Far Cry 5 etc.), or separates like GTAO, Saints Row, etc. - there's pros and cons either way, although if the clothing physics are a step up from GTA V, then they could well be able to pull off more realistic mix-and-match stuff.

I'm just wondering how restrictive it'll be when it comes to actual character creation itself - plus whether they'll allow for a variety of outfit styles (not just 'outlaw with hat', but some more formal stuff, more esoteric-yet-period-appropriate things, etc.). That's another potential problem with preset outfits: even if they have male and female online characters (which ...isn't guaranteed), that means both will get versions of the same outfits. That limits things like dresses and the like - unless they go the Monster Hunter route, where named outfit styles might have separate, different-looking male/female variants, rather than just being the same thing for both.

• Like 1

Tracey De Santa has hairphysics too, maybe it will be the same in RDR2 that only NPC's get good stuff.

I lost all hope tbh, i don't think we will ever get any good clothing again.

Edit: If you compare the clothing and hairstyles with other games like Fallout or Skyrim, GTA V is just the worst of them all. I mean sure we use Mods in Fallout and Skyrim but still, i just want beautiful women on my screen ffs. :D 

In Skyrim and Fallout my chars always looked like supermodels, had hairphysics, bouncing breasts and butts, and perfect skin, and a very female good looking body shape. None of this is the case in GTA V. :( 

In GTA V we only get bad pixelated low res stuff, that all looks the same, without any effort creating it, it's just dissapointing.

Edited by Mexicola9302

Sharing this vid just I have seen here, saw folk talk about hair physics, has clipping it's work in progress, still awesome to see, seems modders have more passion to create content for single player. 

Credit to the creator of the mod 

https://www.gta5-mods.com/player/shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-lara-croft

Edited by Remapped

Piercings would nice too, lip, nose, eyebrow and bellybutton. Tongue and private parts don't have to be, because we wouldn't see it anyway. :D 

Edit: And of course NPC's can have Nail and Toenail polish, but we don't.

jkO1E6Qa.jpg

DDEfmKnB.jpg

Edited by Mexicola9302

Quick reminder for everyone - if you want to join the GTA Fashion Discord channel (for creative discussion preferably!) send me a private message here. Already got a few of the regulars in this thread in there chatting and posting!

Right now we're working under the name GTA: Criminal Couture  - any thoughts or feedback on this are more than welcome :)

Edited by Coleco
  • Like 4

...okay, so take back anything I might have said along the lines of 'at least the block-colour palette swaps turned out okay, because there's no way they could screw those up', because guess what I just noticed... :turn:

Here are some shorts from launch-era GTAO, back in 2013 - notice there's a slight shine where the light bounces off:

qZciz9j.png

Now compare to the palette-swapped versions that came with After Hours, nearly five years later:

WLlb28w.png

...really, R*? Really?

:facedesk:

Honestly, I suspect the reason why clothing took a downturn a few years back (and hasn't recovered), while vehicles have gradually improved (for the most part - there are some glaring exceptions!) is because of RDR2 - like I've said about still being able to get a decent vehicle DLC every so often, even after RDR2 arrives, the sort of artists who do cars as a speciality aren't necessarily general environmental artists as well (although many do both). Meanwhile, character artists are character artists, regardless of setting/era - and if R*'s going for higher levels of detail, greater population density and NPC variety, etc., it's probably 'all hands on deck' as far as RDR2 characters are concerned.

Which is good for Red Dead, bad for GTAO - and while some folk are just going to say "GTAO is done - just move on to RDR2!", there's still the issue that R* are putting out half-assed stuff with errors and oversights, and selling it like it's still worthy of a flagship title. And ...c'mon - GTA is R*'s flagship series, and deserves better, surely. :sigh:

• 4 weeks later...

I wish GTA next was announced already...Maybe then all the changes we wanted would come. 

I wonder what RDR2 will bring to the table...Surely a glimpse into a Late 2010's engine ,rather than an early 2010s engine.

1 hour ago, xDatxJunkyx said:

I wish GTA next was announced already...Maybe then all the changes we wanted would come. 

I wonder what RDR2 will bring to the table...Surely a glimpse into a Late 2010's engine ,rather than an early 2010s engine.

Having played a bunch of Assassin's Creed Syndicate (2015) lately, it really drives home the sort of things that are standard for current-gen games, and have been for the last few years - and by extension, what GTA V/Online can't do, being ultimately rooted in the tail-end of last-gen. I mean, look at the clothing physics here, and how the long jacket sways/moves around the character model, rather than just clipping through or being a solid block:

tumblr_nxh9kpqtzs1ub2feno1_500.gif

And ACS is already pretty dated compared to something like AC Odyssey, but it still represents what is more or less standard, now - and RDR2 definitely looks more like the absolute cutting edge of what can be accomplished this generation (unsurprising, considering how R* tends to do that - and has the money to do so, which helps!).

I don't know about RDR2 Online, though - are they even going to bother with detailed character customisation, or are we going to have generic-looking mooks in one-piece outfits? Will R* do the same thing as they've done with recent GTAO updates, and drastically dial back texture quality for online characters? I'm still not sure if that's a deliberate shortcut, or just whoever handles GTAO outfits being asleep at the f***ing wheel... :rol:

Same with GTA VI and future versions of GTAO, too - I have a nagging feeling that GTA will continue to get better in terms of design and production values, worse in terms of plotting/dialogue, so I'm pretty cagey about single-player next time. And GTAO ...could just hit the ground running with 'weaponised' stuff, and give up on trying to be a living world at all, in favour of just being playground full of shiny, expensive toys.

My big concern in either case, going by how GTAO has been handled in recent years, is how much R*'s various peeps will consider character customisation/cosmetics a priority in any future games - I guess RDR2 might be a good indication, but we've seen nothing of online so far. And that still doesn't rule out 'GTAO 2.0' starting like current GTAO (problems/shortcomings/gaps and all), rather than adding the kind of balanced content and improvements so many people want to see.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh wow this kinda got buried

Here's some easily portable stuff for the future in case some rockstar employee is reading this for bottom-of-the-barrel ideas.

This tank top from Poppy Mitchell, made by @-CREATIONS-

DsxHiX7.png

(Also the forgotten retexture of the leather zipper pants to match the Dark Padded Leather Jacket.)

The sweater that used the far better Christmas model instead of the new ones, also made by @-CREATIONS-

U5tQpxk.png

The fixed Canvas shoes because the ones that exist have clipping issues, made by @Alex106

Seriously, props for these because honestly, they have better quality than the junk we got with After Hours.

Downloadable: