2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Dear r* (regarding overall female clothing choices)

Quinn_flower
  • Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Quinn_flower

• Commander S

• xDatxJunkyx

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's 2016 and you have yet add knee high boots with real black leggings not that crap u gave us. Went to log on today and saw my knee high outfit was patched.....smh. Like seriously maybe now based

Uh-oh! I had a feeling you'd be on the warpath very quickly!   All valid points, I think the problem now is they made the game clothes be shared between males/females so they could have similar item

This thread is about disappointing choice of clothing and customization in an open world sandbox game with both PvP and PvE activities, where you can create your own character. Maybe everyone should c

I echo Quinn's frustration!  It is now 2018 and not much has changed on this front.  Rockstar what do we need to do to make this happen?  You just released the new after hours nightclub DLC which gave you another opportunity to sort this out and you failed again.  Do you even know or care what club clothes are for chicks??  Not that crap you added.  It is ridiculous.  I have been a gamer all my life and it is bad enough that female gamers aren't looked at in the same way as our counterparts.  GTA has this great opportunity to reign in more female gamers but continues to miss the bar...and oh yeah I have an idea, why don't you use us as consultants to help you build out this stuff properly.  I am available any time, just ask me!

Here is some of my "laundry" list:

Add some stylish dresses that are modern and bada$$ and get rid of the hideous dresses in this game that no one wears.

If I want to wear a tie, earrings, gloves, a watch, a necklace, a hat and a bracelet at the same time, don't restrict me!

The hairstyles are ridiculous and modern ones need to be added along with long hair options.

Tattoos for females....We should have more selection in style and sizes, small, medium, large (possibly using the same tattoo but have the ability to select a smaller or larger version of it) and we should be able to place the tattoo anywhere we want.

Club Clothes were not added,  The items labeled "Club Clothes" are a joke, honestly.

Different styles of bathing suits, such as one piece styles and other bikinis styles along with swimsuit lounge wear.

Better jewelry options.

Add belt options.

All the other items mentioned in this thread.

There are many great things about GTA which is why I continue playing, but Rockstar really needs to consider the feedback from female gamers.  I hope you take all these suggestions under review and act on it sooner than later.

And finally, how many gamers do I need to get to support this topic for your team to act on it? 

Pfft .. RS isn't fixing straight out bugs for years. I believe adding nicer clothes is pretty deep in their list. Or complete overhaul of the system, which is basically what you call for.

Anyway, this DLC was especially harsh. We got exactly nothing.

R* logic says that for a clubbing dlc, instead of releasing flashy clothes like those of the good ol "ill gotten gains" dlc, they release bike jackets, sport jerseys and ugly running shoes 🤣

this make my wonder if the people that created this clothes have ever been to a club in real life.

disappointing to say the least

Just watched the video upthread of all of the different clothing added with this DLC. Seriously what was R* thinking?

Only about four or five of the men's shirts looked passable. Everything else I wouldn't be caught dead in IRL.

Both of my characters are female and they don't have anything decent at all. Everything is just a reskin. And what's with all the jackets and sweaters? Los Santos is basically Southern California where it's always warm and sunny if not downright hot. And only the NPCs got decent clothing? WTF?

Hey R*! Google is your friend. Try just Googling "female nightclub attire" and see what you get. Or try watching back episodes fo TMZ and see what the well dressed models and celebs are wearing out to eat and go clubbing.

• Like 1

Frankly, I could care less what my character is wearing. I could be naked and wouldn't even notice, as one who plays in FPV only. But if I did care, I would simply create whatever attire interests me, and replace or add-on to compliment the already existing wardrobes for either of the protagonists. 

Clothing? I am gonna go stand in front of a mirror, and marvel at how "cool" I look? Maybe take a selfie, and pass it around, so other's can also acknowledge my "coolness", LOL.

27 minutes ago, eshenk said:

Frankly, I could care less what my character is wearing. I could be naked and wouldn't even notice, as one who plays in FPV only. But if I did care, I would simply create whatever attire interests me, and replace or add-on to compliment the already existing wardrobes for either of the protagonists. 

Clothing? I am gonna go stand in front of a mirror, and marvel at how "cool" I look? Maybe take a selfie, and pass it around, so other's can also acknowledge my "coolness", LOL.

Rockstar, is that you?

43 minutes ago, eshenk said:

That's nothing - I just strip the graphics back completely.

It's a game - i.e., a test of skill. Don't know why anyone needs to pretend they're in a city, driving a car, shooting guns, or a virtual person that isn't even you...

It's just about manipulating numbers - if you want to play pretend, go and buy some action figures, or ...just get out of the house once in a while. Unless you're some kiddie who needs big colour pictures, this is what videogames should looks like to you:

giphy.webp

:rol:

22 minutes ago, Commander S said:

That's nothing - I just strip the graphics back completely.

It's a game - i.e., a test of skill. Don't know why anyone needs to pretend they're in a city, driving a car, shooting guns, or a virtual person that isn't even you...

It's just about manipulating numbers - if you want to play pretend, go and buy some action figures, or ...just get out of the house once in a while. Unless you're some kiddie who needs big colour pictures, this is what videogames should looks like to you:

giphy.webp

Atleast this may run better on my pc lol.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, eshenk said:

Why paint cars or have liveries for cars?

Because of the COOLNESS?

Also it's "I couldn't care less" not "I could care less"

I don't know why Americans have such a hard time getting that correct. Like when someone says 'for all intensive purposes'.... what? It's, for all intents and purposes.

I'm still questioning why they haven't touched these dresses and replaced them with new textures. It really baffles me on the decisions being made to make this update aesthetic in terms of cosmetic stuff. Like they made new textured hoodies and winter cardigans for nightclub during the summer?? lol. Anyways, used the nightclub textures taken from the camisoles and replaced those old flowery patterns.

Xd0TkAw.jpg
hSPAvad.jpg
uJwyhiI.jpg
More

8iA3PSZ.jpg

nIusrfw.jpg
1KO0Yq9.jpg

19 minutes ago, Modojo said:

I'm still questioning why they haven't touched these dresses and replaced them with new textures. It really baffles me on the decisions being made to make this update aesthetic in terms of cosmetic stuff. Like they made new textured hoodies and winter cardigans for nightclub during the summer?? lol. Anyways, used the nightclub textures taken from the camisoles and replaced those old flowery patterns.

Xd0TkAw.jpg
hSPAvad.jpg
uJwyhiI.jpg
More

Reveal hidden contents

8iA3PSZ.jpg

nIusrfw.jpg
1KO0Yq9.jpg

It's kinda horrifying that something a user can mod together in a couple hours is better than anything official. 

I know I'm going round in circles here but still, I was super damn cynical about this update but somehow they managed to make it far worse than I could've imagined it being.

I was so angry I could've ripped out my own skeleton, f*ck this game (also the goddamn missions are super repetitive, even more than usual)

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Pocket Fox said:

Why paint cars or have liveries for cars?

Because of the COOLNESS?

Also it's "I couldn't care less" not "I could care less"

I don't know why Americans have such a hard time getting that correct. Like when someone says 'for all intensive purposes'.... what? It's, for all intents and purposes.

"I'm a patriotic American and that's my national riiiiiiiiiiight!" Seriously though, as an American I can say most people do know and say "couldnt care less". However, some do screw it up and I always respond with "so you're pretty invested, eh?"

Back to clothes: I dont even want to entertain the idea of getting my hope up, but those go-go dancers. Half of their wardrobe is for our characters and the other half only exist on those specific npcs. This gives me a glimmer of hope that theres more dlc on the way with those DJs. Also, all those paint smeared ravers for one mission scenario seems highly unlikely. 

Though the Scramjet really feels like Halloween content and if that's in already...

Edited by MisFit-138
  • Like 1

Hmmm new clothes with the new DJ's? 

..I wanna say I doubt it. Walking in my club, seeing all those clothing items, its like a slap to the face in my honest opinion. Have they not read the kotaku article? Now that were 48 hours in, I'm confused than anything else. 

Like someone stated before...all you needed to do was search up 'nightclub outfits' and wham, you have zillions of options. What? is there a limitation to making clothes or something? How could you f*ck up that badly....The more I think about it, the more annoyed I get. If you're reading this, just THINK about it for a moment. Hundreds of clothing ideas....all you needed to do was google it. But no, we get winter jackets in Los Angeles and puffy cardigans...

Like I said, I only liked the shorts and..im not much of a camisole person. Its very telling...they don't even have a clothing section in the f*cking clothing stores like they do the other DLCs. because they know the clothing is sh*t.

I still play because this game gives an experience we get nowhere else. 

Edited by xDatxJunkyx
8 hours ago, Modojo said:

[PICS]

Yeah, I was truly disappointed with lack of new dresses as well, that was the first thing I've started to look for once I visited a clothing store. I can't understand that, seriously - they've retextured some other items, but why not these? Cutting costs is one thing, and that's what these recolored "new" items are, but why in the name of Kraff did they ignore items that actually fit the night club theme?

My character is wearing the same dress since 2 years or so, I'd like to update her main outfit a little, but nope.

ZDE1TKMrg0qbmC_KD6IAHw_0_0.jpg

But hey, on the other hand you wouldn't put on a dress to ride a new Oppressor. Because so many people wanted a new one, right? It's not like there is a thread on GTA forums that's over 125 pages long and 2 years old where people talk about clothing for female characters and all...

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Commander S said:

Unless you're some kiddie who needs big colour pictures, this is what videogames should looks like to you:

giphy.webp

z4bX53N.gif

Even the Matrix has character customization :D

Shall ask here 

On pc was making custom out fits in single player, clothing seems to reshape players body if you miss match you get nasty clipping/gaps invisible body parts, could this be why clothing is limited ? And a lot seems generic 

10 hours ago, Mel94 said:

Is anyone else petty like me and beats the sh*t out of any NPCs you see with clothing/hair you want? 😁

LOL...absolutely!  gimme that dress b**ch!

Not only are the new clothes a disappointment but I will never understand, how a game, that came out in 2013, doesn't have some kind of hair physics.

Lara Croft and Claire Redfield had moving hair back in the mid/late-nineties on PS1.

I'm really wondering, if they can't do any better because they are lazy and/or have no talent or, if it's some kind of  "game engine limitation" thing.

Edited by icefds
  • Like 1

Think I've figured out why they won't add hair physics, could be wrong, but its a strong theory.

Unlike some other games that do have hair physics such as Lara Croft, Assassins Creed, etc, GTA has hair physics on specific models, one of them being Tracey (as seen in Director Mode). Now, it could be one of two things:

Hair Armature: Hair mesh is connected to hair bones on the main model armature, such as Lara Croft models. The issue with this in GTA Online is that the hair moving would have to be part of an already existing animation - in other words, they'd have to redo all character animations accordingly.

Cloth Modifier: Hair is a solid object and works in the same way a cloth would, applying gravity and collisions. The problem with this is serious clipping issues unless given a weight, which would be depending on every single animation in game.

Seeing as Tracey is an SP character, obviously a lot of work has gone into her model. But for an Online characters, I believe too much work is required and is most likely something we will see in the next rendition of Online.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Deimos-AFX said:

It's kinda horrifying that something a user can mod together in a couple hours is better than anything official. 

I know I'm going round in circles here but still, I was super damn cynical about this update but somehow they managed to make it far worse than I could've imagined it being.

I was so angry I could've ripped out my own skeleton, f*ck this game (also the goddamn missions are super repetitive, even more than usual)

I am kinda agreeing with you on this although I don't know if I have spent the appropriate amount of time on the new DLC to conclude overall whether it sucks or not.  So far I think there are cool things about it and other things not so much.  Obviously, the clothing was very disappointing as well as the minimal customization selections of the club.  This is one of the few games I continue playing and I want to keep on playing, but there needs to be something else to hold my interest.  

2 hours ago, -CREATIONS- said:

I'm working on some overalls. Still need to fix the textures.

< Karin Snip >

To be honest, that was kinda R*'s job in the first place... :p

2 hours ago, REXX said:

Think I've figured out why they won't add hair physics, could be wrong, but its a strong theory.

Unlike some other games that do have hair physics such as Lara Croft, Assassins Creed, etc, GTA has hair physics on specific models, one of them being Tracey (as seen in Director Mode). Now, it could be one of two things:

Hair Armature: Hair mesh is connected to hair bones on the main model armature, such as Lara Croft models. The issue with this in GTA Online is that the hair moving would have to be part of an already existing animation - in other words, they'd have to redo all character animations accordingly.

Cloth Modifier: Hair is a solid object and works in the same way a cloth would, applying gravity and collisions. The problem with this is serious clipping issues unless given a weight, which would be depending on every single animation in game.

Seeing as Tracey is an SP character, obviously a lot of work has gone into her model. But for an Online characters, I believe too much work is required and is most likely something we will see in the next rendition of Online.

Well, again, RDR2 (and presumably RDR2 multiplayer, too) are using a proper dedicated hair physics engine this time - same as the newer Tomb Raider games. That's better than the 'hinged bangs/ponytails' rudimentary approach of GTA V, and things like Metal Gear Solid V (which just has ponytails functioning like a weight attached to a ball joint), but too tall an order for GTAO at this point.

I mean, one ray of sunlight here is that if they're doing cutting-edge hair physics for RDR2 (and hair growth, even!), then imagine how much better GTA VI and Online will look. Assuming, of course, there's any reason to bother with 'GTAO 2.0' - at this rate, odds are it'll be 'Weaponized SecuroServ Macrotransactions Online' from Day 1, and be a garbage fire totally divorced from single-player GTA. :sui:

...but to be blunt, this all goes back to the same thing I've been saying since the beginning: don't expect anything for GTAO more complicated than anything we already have.

That was true back in the early days - fast-forward to now, where the GTAO team is (according to people who know) a "skeleton team", the game is half a decade old and has shown no signs of improvement in this regard, hairstyles barely get added once a year at the best of times, and with RDR2 ready for launch, GTA VI is almost certainly now in pre-production (so that's Imran Sarwar and the leads at R* North moved off current GTAO, then)? I'm worried we'll even see ANY new content at this point, let alone upgrading hairstyles to single-player standards. :/

Right now, I'm hoping we might get at least something on a par with the original I'm Not A Hipster (a dozen new clothing pieces, with nice textures, some new hairdos, and half a dozen good, varied vehicles) - that's about all we can realistically expect at this point, assuming we're not indeed at the end. And even then, we're going to have to move heaven and earth to get that across to the few people holding the fort on the GTAO team, rather than more of the same garbage we've had for over two years.