2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Dear r* (regarding overall female clothing choices)

Quinn_flower
  • Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Quinn_flower

• Commander S

• xDatxJunkyx

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's 2016 and you have yet add knee high boots with real black leggings not that crap u gave us. Went to log on today and saw my knee high outfit was patched.....smh. Like seriously maybe now based

Uh-oh! I had a feeling you'd be on the warpath very quickly!   All valid points, I think the problem now is they made the game clothes be shared between males/females so they could have similar item

This thread is about disappointing choice of clothing and customization in an open world sandbox game with both PvP and PvE activities, where you can create your own character. Maybe everyone should c

I don't mind re-colorings of existing items like the shorts and camisoles, but overall their choices seem pretty random. It's clear that Rockstar just doesn't care.

• Like 4
Just now, FuturePastNow said:

I don't mind re-colorings of existing items like the shorts and camisoles, but overall their choices seem pretty random. It's clear that Rockstar just doesn't care.

Exactly, there are quite a few pieces that are "fine" to "great" but for some reason they always retexture the denim biker jackets, the parkas, and the puffer jackets. The largest, most concealing clothing. Why not the valentines day bustier? Why not the tucked shirt that goes with our business vest, and why are they still not compatible with scarfs? Not questions for you obviously, but questions that have been burning for years now.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, xDatxJunkyx said:

I could always imagine someone doing a video like...

"Dear r* why is it that you can dress like a PVP edgelord better than you can a normal NPC on the street?"

"Dear r* why is it that NPCs have articles of clothing that WE dont?"

"Dear r* blah blach bksaldkajssajlfalkjs"

and then they would jump into the 'meat of the coconut' "for x amount of years GTA has seen numerous updates, many of which contained various pieces of clothing, some good many of them not." (Explain your position.) 

It'd be nice if different people said the 'dear r*' part. 

Even better, if someone mimiced our detractors and called us 'Gay' for caring about wanting to dress good and that this isn't the sims or something, then we would go on to say that "customization has become integral to online gaming". blah blahj aihslajks o

It's amazing how asking for modern fashion in a modern game warrants a 'this isn't the sims'

but asking for military hardware, vehicles, combat fatigues etc like Call of Duty in a crime/gangstar game is perfectly fine.

There's deloreans, flying future bikes, railguns, gorka outfits, APC's...but wanting some modern street clothing is 'go play the sims'

>.>

The helisexual crowd though hasn't been one to complain about other peoples requests for fashionable clothes, but the tryhards get military clothing in a civilian crime game and then flip their sh*t when someone asks for a pair of fashionable boots for women that aren't combat boots.

I literally just Googled the phrase "nightclub attire for women" and within 60 seconds I was able to count up images of at least 50 different outfits that need to be in this game.

Hire me Rockstar.

Oh wait...I'm efficient.

Helisexual: Meaning to sexually identify as an attack helicopter.

What is this world coming to.

I spend all this time grinding earning millions of dollars and buying up all the nice houses, cars and aircraft and I would just like to enjoy a lifestyle that this affords me.

Edited by SlammerRPM
addition
  • Like 1

My god, I feel like rockstar the more we complain about the clothes the more they troll us. At the entrance of my club, sooooo many examples of npc’s with high heeled boots with jeans, long hair with no clipping, night dresses in lots of colors. Why rockstar are such a dick!!!

anyone else notice we got retextured bikini tops, but no bottoms. So they're dripfeeding half of a 2 piece swimsuit (that is a re texture)  Having played older games where the player characters could be slim or overweight, and the clothing changed to match (saints row3/4) I find it baffling that R* struggles with it. Also bummed out they made the glowing body paint NPC setpiece only, but had a bad feeling that would be the case when the trailer came out.

• Like 3

^ didn't that slim/overweight/muscular thing work quite well in GTA:SA with a quite big amount of clothes involved, too? Or was that an entirely different approach in game physics and really can't be implemented in current GTA:O?

Nevertheless, I still hope most of the interesting stuff has just been withhold by an obviously more aggressive dripfeed policy now.

Maybe we get more filler DLCs like last spring, e.g. a real expensive fashion filler DLC coming autumn, so they can boost shark card sales then, without pitching bigger gameplay DLC against their new kid RDR2

Edited by Guest

Okay, so people are disappointed, I get that - I really do. But being negative and bitching? Totally not the way to go in my opinion. 

If people want to address the clothing issue, then we need to do it - together - in a way that is encouraging, not damning. I certainly would find it hard to respect someone's views if I'd made something, given it to them and then they just came up to me and gave me abuse, even if I felt they had a point.

The problem with this constant negativity is that it totally drowns out the message, which is that people love the game enough to still want more themed content. It's easy to be snarky and spam criticism, but channelling that same motivation and energy into something more creative and constructive takes a bit of work. Yes, it's more effort, and it may amount to nothing, but it's something I think we should be doing. After all, almost five years of bitching hasn't exactly produced much in terms of positive results, has it?

If anyone wants to get together to spitball ideas and share concepts and images we can do so on a Discord Channel and decide where to go from there.

Send me a private message if you want to get involved, so I can send you an invite to the Discord channel!

(Additionally - if you don't have Discord / have never used Discord and are still interested, PM me on here anyway! We can work something out :))

I know we all feel a bit short changed here, but let's try to keep the negativity to the B&M thread and try to be a little more positive... please?

Edited by Coleco
2 hours ago, SlammerRPM said:

Helisexual: Meaning to sexually identify as an attack helicopter.

What is this world coming to.

Not seriously, either - it's basically a bigoted 4chan-esque 'meme' (because it's oh so funny... :turn:), designed to mock transgender people:

"Oh, you 'identify as a woman', mister? Well, then - I'm going to say I 'identify as a toaster/brick/attack helicopter', by the same reasoning!"

:rol:

I suspect most of the helicopter/aircraft fans around here don't know that aspect to the whole thing (at least, I hope not...), but yeah - it's originally the same thing as South Park comparing trans people to wanting to surgically turn themselves into dolphins, and ...ugh, I hate internet 'culture' so much some days, I really do... :facedesk:

/soapbox

...so, back to something more upbeat and positive: let's talk about how R* doesn't give a s*** about entire segments of their game population - yaaay... :p:sui:

Edited by Commander S
1 hour ago, Coleco said:

Okay, so people are disappointed, I get that - I really do. But being negative and bitching? Totally not the way to go in my opinion. 

Yeah - although on that note, we can probably start making a list of 'things that don't work' in general, including:

- isolated e-mails and wishlisting - I don't think one or two people are enough (unless it really is a case of 'flooding their inbox by spamming sh*t on the hour, ever hour', which could just wind up getting blocked, which is counterproductive), because demand really needs to be MASSIVE, or they won't bother.

- wishlisting here, and just assuming R* 'reads the forums' - if they did, they'd have a better handle one what the community at large actually wants, and we wouldn't have a literal Oppressor v2.0, included as part of a nightclub update.

Whatever we do, it needs to be:

- impossible to ignore

- snappy and immediate in impact, and yet...

- comprehensive and accurate enough in the specifics that they can't miss the wood for the trees, and deliver something that's superficially 'what we asked for', but fundamentally unacceptable for what we wanted it to do...

- broad enough that we can get most of the community behind it - which is where I'm thinking that a broader angle than just clothes might help get more folk behind it

...oh, and to echo Coleco, and take that one further: as continually, understandably angry/sad/frustrated as we are, positivity isn't just helpful for morale here - it's also the only way to get something out of R*.

If we antagonise them, we're probably going to get shut out - whatever we do, it also has to be kind, reasonable, polite, etc., so that there's no reasonable reason for them to dismiss it, and for any bystanders to see it as a reasonable request from reasonable people, and not just 'yet another angry gaming-related hate mob on the internet' (because there are enough of those already... :turn:).

• Like 2

There's no hope, and R* is not listening (about clothing stuff that is). This was the best opportunity to get some things straight and nothing was done.

It's great to take collective action, I wish you the best, but it should have been done 3 years ago.

• Like 2

I have even been sending Rockstar a few ideas lately; some are peronal favorites but most are generally requested attire + one of which partially got added.

- Leather Shorts: (ok, they did, and for female characters too, just not our female characters).

More Colored Tank Tops: I'm talking about the original day one tanks, both short and long.

More Colored Leather Pants: Granted we got them, only the zipper version rather than both zipper and ripped, but hey. Good they added white.

Swimwear: Discarding the newly added bikini tops, this was focusing more on what @MisFit-138 was requesting.

- Knee High - High Heel Boots: Even going as far as modeling my own and sending them. These have been requested for years.

Thigh High Boots: Above, but longer.

Dresses: An extremely requested attire, which has been ignored completely since the Valentines Update (and they aren't modern anyway).

Not gonna write them all down, but that was just a few. I also compiled a massive (no joke) list of accessories, including belts, holsters, watches, bangles, gloves, glasses, jewelery, just to name a few.

Still going by my 1 email per weekweek regime.

14 minutes ago, REXX said:

Still going by my 1 email per weekweek regime.

Again, I worry that's not enough - I've been doing the same, and it failed spectacularly on two counts. Same with other things I've e-mailed in the past.

I can't help but think that things like catsuits were either a coincidence (which'd be unfortunate, because then luck really is the only thing we have... :/) - or more likely/optimistically, the fact you've tweeted stuff regularly, to the point where YouTubers have ...'borrowed' your pics and ideas.

I mean, if we ALL do 'one e-mail a week', and all try to stay on the same page in terms of what we ask for (even if that means a similar subject/title/header, so they all reinforce each other), then that'll have more impact - but social media in general, and loads of things to raise awareness in a more visible way? It's not an either/or situation - it all adds up! ;)

• Like 2

You guys got my support if u can pull it off. I'm just tired of being ignored from r*. I'm glad this is the dlc that tip people off the edge. 

Nail polish r* and new hair, dresses from actually this era it's so easy and it would have helped this dlc. 

Edited by Quinn_flower
41 minutes ago, Retroview1955 said:

Does Rockstar actually respond when you email them? I'll start writing them too then.

They send you a pre-made 'thanks for your feedback' automated thing - and I got that every time I sent something, so I haven't been blocked yet... ;)

But again, I sent them something every week, starting April 24, and it had no effect - and it's not the first time I've done that approach, also to zero effect.

If we are going to e-mail them, we need a lot more people doing it - and probably more than just e-mails, too.

You need a YouTube. Advertise the cause in game. Possibly go on their live streams. They know who I am and what this thread is. I did it once in their last live stream.

hate to say it you need some one like a figure for females Like Anita.

Edited by Quinn_flower

Rockstar, hire us 😂

Edited by REXX
Clothing would be a lot better, I tell ya.
  • Like 3
5 hours ago, Coleco said:

If people want to address the clothing issue, then we need to do it - together - in a way that is encouraging, not damning. I certainly would find it hard to respect someone's views if I'd made something, given it to them and then they just came up to me and gave me abuse, even if I felt they had a point.

The problem with this constant negativity is that it totally drowns out the message, which is that people love the game enough to still want more themed content. It's easy to be snarky and spam criticism, but channelling that same motivation and energy into something more creative and constructive takes a bit of work. Yes, it's more effort, and it may amount to nothing, but it's something I think we should be doing. After all, almost five years of bitching hasn't exactly produced much in terms of positive results, has it?

Long time thread follower here. Your post is bang on the money.

I for one want to be more involved and support this movement (I do, somewhat) but can't with all the toxicity, venom and all round immaturity that gets thrown around n here by a good few.

Quinn especially. You being the spearhead for all this and having the attitude you do doesn't help your case. Your OP message doesn't need to be so disrespectful and neither do you need to be in general when because you things don't go your way. If R* really do acknowledge this thread then I wouldn't be surprised if they are ignoring everyone's requests. There's ways to get what you want, but most of this ain't it. Nor do most of the "friendly" emails I'm guessing some of you send R*'s way.

More people like you (Coleco), Junky, REXX and Commander would definitely get this movement going in the right direction. Just my $0.02.

That's fine I totally respect your opinion personal.

I was calm and collective but after almost 3 years nothing. It's clear who is the intended audiences they are aiming for. 

Have i call it quits yes I did. This started as a complain post because they patched out a style that should of been in the game yet npc's get it. But I'm happy it got cool people to back it up and support the cause.

I'm burnt I'm tired I feel like the emails I sent to them gone to the junk pile. 

I thought this was going to be the dlc's that would add what we been asking for and its would be the perfect time to do it as other dlc themes won't mesh with i.e. Dresses or new hair styles,crop tops from this era.

Either way today is new day and that was yesterday. Just move on I guess and continue with our lives. 

Edited by Quinn_flower

Hey Quinn, I do understand your exasperation and I sympathise. Hopes have been dashed for new hairstyles, makeup and clothing time and again and sometimes the creative choices seem completely random.

Last year I stopped playing GTAO for over six months because the new content made me feel like I wasn't welcome anymore as a PvE or social player. But when I came back to check out an update out of pessimistic curiosity, I realised that despite some of the content I still love this game and have played it more than any other - by a long, long way. I think that deep down, we all do, otherwise we wouldn't still be here. It's still a fantastic experience, we just have to work a little harder for our satisfaction because we will always be a niche group of the playerbase. (and I'm on XBone, so doubly so :lol:)

Let's see if combining our efforts can try to help you see the glass as half full again :)

It would be nice if the next DLC would be a fashion industry DLC that would introduce all types of really gorgeous fashions into the game.  I'm pretty sure there is such a thing as gangster rackets involving designer fashions. Ie., garment factory illicit money laundering, brand name replicas, counterfitting, and designer fashion theft etc that R* can draw upon to develop content for a fashion DLC.  TBH, I'm pretty new to the game but I find it surprising that they haven't taken advantage of having a portion of the game geared toward an internet website showcasing the sale of upscale brand name designer fashion clothing lines in much the same way they have websites showcasing the sale cars and military stuff.  I don't know, maybe there is and I just  I haven't heard of it.  I think that would be a big money maker for the game.  I think they are aware, or at least should be, that character customization and cosmetic items are a huge part of video games today.  I mean, there are only but so many cars and trucks one can buy and own, aren't there lol?  

• Like 2

Just said similar in another thread, in response to the idea that 'maybe it's time for R* to move on from GTAO' - the thing that annoys me there is that GTAO isn't some stale, overdone thing that's been padded and strung out for far too long...

...it's instead a fundamentally unique, great idea, unmatched by anything else - and it's just R* North constantly ignoring that core potential, in favour of all manner of repetitive out-of-place nonsense that doesn't suit the game, and leaves so much other stuff neglected.

And not just clothes, either - vehicles are variable in quality, and certain extremely popular kinds of car get routinely overlooked, all because R* seems to just want to stuff updates with luxury vehicles and war machines.

Racing? Enthusiasts want more options and features for the creator (environmental prop removal, multi-class racing options, more control over R*-created variables like magnetic collisions, etc.), as well as those dippy handling flags removed. Not 'yet more gimmicky variations on stunt races'.

PvE? Largely ignored, even though single-player DLC isn't happening. This game used to cater to solo players by design - now, there are 'solo' activities that still need to be done in hostile public sessions, full of insta-kill gadgets. That, or PvE missions that won't even launch without multiple players - good luck playing those when no-one's interested in doing them anymore...

And overall, just the themes - everything is geared towards treating the player like the one big investor/mogul in Los Santos (despite the game forcing ALL players to be the same kind of mogul...). You can't be a street level gang member, or a mobster, or just a biker, or any other kind of thing - not without the game nagging you because you haven't bought another million-dollar mega-property yet. You're off-brand Lex Luthor/Doctor Evil/Biff Tannen, or nothing - and so is everyone ELSE in the session with you...

...and all R* needs to do to counter-balance the above, is ONE 'community wishlist' update. PvE modes. Grounded, general-interest themes. Varied vehicles with no expense spared. Broader character customisation (again with no compromises in quality!) to suit as many tastes as possible.

I'm talking about an update that'd be barely moderately-sized by modern standard - maybe about the same size as Lowriders on the whole, but not even requiring something as fundamentally game-changing as Benny's (since that already exists, now). ONE update, ticking all those boxes, and making a lot of people very, truly happy with R*, for the first time in ages.

Question is, of course, how on earth to get R* to actually make that update... :dontgetit:

Honestly, the biggest slap in the face isn't that they haven't listened. Instead, they saw everything we wanted and gave it to NPCs instead - even with the cutscene about the new dress. It's like they're going "you'll never get this lalalalala!" To put it into perspective, can you imagine if the awesome new dripfeed cars were only available to NPCs and there was absolutely no way for us players to steal and use them at all? Imagine the outcry at that. So I think in the effort in contacting R*, it's more requesting that the new NPC styles are open to us players rather than asking for them to spend time and money re-designing stuff for us. It's there, it's in the game, we just need access to it. Honestly I'd be loving the dlc if it wasn't for the let down in clothes and the vehicle handling flags. Even then, the flags are annoying but it only really matters if you're racing, so I can live with it. 

• Like 4

I think I'm gonna get started with it.. if someone can provide me with the link to the email that you guys use to send your ideas in, I'd really appreciate it. I'll style it like this: "Dear R*, I really love the new clothing and hair styles you've recently brought out for the NPCs in the nightclub, I'd love to be able to have something like that for my character to wear and I know a lot of players would really appreciate it too.." Basically praising their work and being polite but asking for changes to take place. Feel free to join me with it or suggest what else to write. 😂 

Edited by Mel94
Re-write
  • Like 2

I just had a very unlikely thought. What if the dripfeed from this update isn't going to last nearly as long as we think and in maybe September or October they'll put out an "After Hours Part 2" which has more normal cars instead of Syrian rebel crap and clothes as a filler update. I know it's probably too much to expect though and if it does happen the clothes would probably still be a massive disappointment, but with how incomplete this update seems it almost feels logical.

• Like 1